ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau August 16, 2021

Scrapnana

The weeks are sure going by fast and it is time for Nieuw Amsterdam to visit Juneau again.  She will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port is Celebrity Millennium at the AJ dock from 1330-2200.

Monday looks to be the nicest day of the week in Juneau with afternoon sun.  The high is predicted to be 63F/17C and the low 51F/10C.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

NA will be back next Monday.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

If AIS is correct ad not delayed, just showing her having left the northwest coast of Vancouver Island, Nieuw A is late. She should have already picked up her pilot off Kake by now. We shall see

Cruise mapper (which follows both satellite and land based AIS) shows Nieuw A about 20-25% of the way up Admiralty Island.  I think a little late but not extremely.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Pretty impressive cloud formation to the south over the Glass Peninsula/Stephens Passage. Almost looks like thunder clouds forming

It's beautiful! It was pouring rain when I first looked this morning, hope it stays clear enough for an excellent day in Juneau. One more week until we're there! Fingers crossed, test scheduled for Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

I have Confessions ay 4:15  PM CDT, Mass at 5:15PM and Zoom Officer meeting at 7 CDT.  I might miss the Docking today 

She just passed Grand island, Father. Next up is crossing Taku Inlet, then up Gastineau Channel. About an hr and 30 min from now. That's her pilot who just reported in

• Like 1

Off topic, but is anyone else having problems with the HAL cruise board; or it just my computer? I can't see any new posts except this one. I feel like I'm trying to use the HAL internet!

Edited by PSR
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PSR said:

Off topic, but is anyone else having problems with the HAL cruise board; or it just my computer? I can't see any new posts except this one.😒

Lots of problems. I try to see new posts and get an error message.

• Like 1