The Daily for Wednesday August 18, 2021

richwmn

Today is Bad Poetry Day, World Daffodil Day, and Pinot Noir Day

I really believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life. -- Dean Koontz

Meal suggestion for today - Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast

Drink of the Day - Brandy Alexander

Wine of the day - Toro de Piedra Cabernet Sauvignon - Chile - Red

Destination of the Day - Punta del Este Uruguay

Ships with Passengers

Kotor, Montenegro
Eurodam 09:00 - 19:00

Sitka, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 8/22

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0818World.png

• Like 38
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Bad Poetry Day?  Look out for Vogons!  I thought daffodil day would be in the spring.  But any day should be Pinot Noir Day.

Inspiring quote.

The meal sounds good, hope the wine and drink of the day are good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Hope @rafinmdhad a good night and feels better.

Have a wonderful Hump Day.  Stay safe.

• Like 24

9 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

Thank you, again, Rich, for these Daily Reports!

I imagine your starting to work on them about midnight to be able to post them so early in the morning.  How far wrong am I?

I start at 6am and do the report while fixing breakfast. A large part was done in the past by making up lists of drinks, wines, ports, quotes, etc which a program pulls together. I just fill in the locations for the ships that are not sailing on a schedule, that is those other than Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam right now.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report Rich, always look forward to it.  I think that I could write excellent bad poetry.  Seems a little late to be celebrating daffodils, they’re long gone from here.  Pinot Noir, sure, why not.  A bittersweet day here, we lost our dear SIL Marcie yesterday afternoon to her battle with cancer and will be attending shiva this evening and today is my 60th birthday.  Life is funny sometimes.  Today’s quote is very inspirational and the meal suggestion sounds great.  I think that I may have had today’s drink before.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.🥳

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Love Daffodils, will pass on the Pinot Noir, and probably see some bad poetry today.  Been to Punta del Este  twice, once Crystal and once Prinsendam but may not be up to finding pictures if others have good ones.  I like the Koontz quote.  The pot roast sounds good but doubt if I can eat it until I get a permanent crown.  My alternative is Maple Fruit Melange, Chilled Cranberry Soup, Perfectly Grilled Breast of Chicken and Pistachio Ice Cream as served on MS Veendam August 18, 2013.

My apologies if I've missed something on the lists; didn't keep up very well yesterday.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires    
Mr Boston’s DSIL in hospice
StLouisSal’s friend with liver transplant and now Covid
Brenda with breakthrough Covid and mourning Copeland’s and her brother’s deaths
jimgev DW dealing with rampant covid and burnout
Sharon’s mom in g radiation
lindaler’s service dog crossing rainbow bridge
New Zealand’s Covid outbreak
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Tana back recovering courtesy of smitty34867

Celebrations and Shoutouts

A restful sleep for me
2 BHB with passengers
Boytje on a BHB
Front Line Health Care Workers
booster for cruising along’s immunocompromised sister
Welcome home  Aliaschief,
NextOne shingles improvement
Substitute teachers including jimgev
3 days for cruisin single
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich for today's daily and Roy for today's care reports.

Pauline likes poetry and my late dad wrote lots of poetry.

Pauline likes daffodils and we have some in our garden.

Today's quote is true for most of us.

I will have to pass on the food and drink and also on today's port.

It is currently sunny and 70°F.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 26

23 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I start at 6am and do the report while fixing breakfast. A large part was done in the past by making up lists of drinks, wines, ports, quotes, etc which a program pulls together. I just fill in the locations for the ships that are not sailing on a schedule, that is those other than Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam right now.

Thanks for the “Behind The Scenes” peak, Rich.  I appreciate the Daily even more know that you do the report while fixing breakfast!

Stay Safe, Everyone!

• Like 20

Good  morning to  all  fellow  Dailyites  and  a  big  thanks to  Rich  for  the  Daily. I  don't  understand  daffodil day but  they  are  nice   flowers. I  used  to  try  to  write  poetry  but  it  was  pretty  awful. I  like  the  quote  and  have  made  the  recipe  many  times. It  is  a  big  hit  in  this  house  but  now  I  would  need  to  come  up  with  an  alternative  for  the  vegetarians. I  used  to  love  any  white  wine.

I  am  off  this  morning  to  take  Fred  the  dog  to  the  vet. The  groomer  found  several  spots  that  look  like  allergic  reactions  on  his  skin  that  his  furriness  was  obscuring. We  told  him  that  he  was  listed  as  a  tropical  depression  and  then  a  storm  down  south. He  was  not  impressed. I  hope  the  storm  does  not  continue  to  cause  damage.  

@Norseh2o, I  will  keep  your  nephew  in  my  prayers. It  is  an  awful  situation  and  worrisome.

My  nephew  has  been  in  Africa  for  several  months  on  a  National  Guard  deployment. My  brother  told  me  last  night  that  the  unit  was  worried  about  being  transferred closer  to Afghanistan. So  far,  they  are  in  a  dangerous  place  anyway  but  I  worry  that  it  could  get  worse.

Please  be  careful  out  there  everyone.

Terry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone.

@Mr. Boston I am so sorry to read of Marcie's passing, but take comfort that she is no longer suffering.  

@rafinmd I am delighted that you had a good night last night. You might find today's meal will slide right down.  

Last night was another of those sleepless nights.   I had to get up because a lawn service is supposed to come by and give me a quote.  The one I've had for 8 years decided to dump customers and I was one of the lucky ones.  One lady had been with them for 15 years.  

Today's meal looks so good that I might have to go get an Instant Pot.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/instant-pot-mississippi-pot-roast-8352003

Instant-Pot-Mississippi-Pot-Roast-4.thumb.jpg.82880130bd7c2a0deee125fd6136e2ab.jpg

137512120_InstantPotMississippiPotRoast.jpeg.d7ede5d52e57b5ef3fb8a6e029e4ac05.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Celebrating bad poetry seems strange.  Good poetry yes.

Daffodils are always gorgeous even though there are none that bloom at this time of the year here.  I just know a lot of people will be celebrating Pinot Noir day 😉 

2EBDEE9D-18ED-457C-AB6C-50967876E915.jpeg.65cce050f694d884b2904f701b707ade.jpeg

Love that quote by Koontz.  I believe it too.

@Mr. BostonI am so sorry to hear of your SIL, Marcie.  That’s a very sad 60th birthday for you, for sure 😔 Our prayers for her and your family 🙏🏻 

@rafinmd I am so glad you got a restful sleep last night 👍 I hope you are feeling much improved today 🤞 

@dfishgood luck finding a new reliable lawn company.  

Been to today’s port but again it was too long ago and the pics aren’t digital. 😔  so, I’ll stick with wine pics 😉 

D23F5982-7CF5-427B-A9BD-23F006F11504.jpeg.15b8e8597f3b7258ebd46193193d31ad.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday - Hump Day, everyone!!!!

F603791C-5501-4972-AB51-E6AD3E219313.jpeg.4c0c9ec025cb89e8fd9e2c8bf30c2b5c.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

@dfish, I  have  made  this  meal  in  a  dutch  oven  and  in  my  crockpot. We  like  to  call  it  the  crackpot  here. It  is  quicker  in  the  Instapot  but  if  you  are  home  anyway(!) I  like  to  do  it  in  the  regular  oven.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Love Daffodils, will pass on the Pinot Noir, and probably see some bad poetry today.  Been to Punta del Este  twice, once Crystal and once Prinsendam but may not be up to finding pictures if others have good ones.  I like the Koontz quote.  The pot roast sounds good but doubt if I can eat it until I get a permanent crown.  My alternative is Maple Fruit Melange, Chilled Cranberry Soup, Perfectly Grilled Breast of Chicken and Pistachio Ice Cream as served on MS Veendam August 18, 2013.

My apologies if I've missed something on the lists; didn't keep up very well yesterday.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC) wildfires    
Mr Boston’s DSIL in hospice
StLouisSal’s friend with liver transplant and now Covid
Brenda with breakthrough Covid and mourning Copeland’s and her brother’s deaths
jimgev DW dealing with rampant covid and burnout
Sharon’s mom in g radiation
lindaler’s service dog crossing rainbow bridge
New Zealand’s Covid outbreak
Afghanistan and Norseh2o’s nephew assisting the evacuation
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Tana back recovering courtesy of smitty34867

Celebrations and Shoutouts

A restful sleep for me
2 BHB with passengers
Boytje on a BHB
Front Line Health Care Workers
booster for cruising along’s immunocompromised sister
Welcome home  Aliaschief,
NextOne shingles improvement
Substitute teachers including jimgev
3 days for cruisin single
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for the two lists.

• Like 7

Good morning.  Bad poetry day, who knew.  Love Daffodil's and not a fan of Pinot.  The Koontz quote is spot on.  I wish more people would follow it.  Will save the meal for another day.  Thank you for the recipe Debbie.  Have not been to today's port.  @Mr. Boston I'm sorry about your SIL.  Prayers for you and your family.  On a happier note, Happy Birthday. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and continue to wear your mask.

Today's drink is for you Father.

Brandy Alexander:

A Brandy Alexander is a brandy-based dessert cocktail consisting of cognac, crème de cacao, and cream, that became popular during the early 20th century. It is a variation of an earlier, gin-based cocktail called simply an Alexander. The cocktail known as Alexander today may contain gin or brandy. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 oz (1 part) Cognac, 1 oz (1 part) Crème de cacao, 1 oz (1 part) Fresh cream
Preparation: Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Sprinkle with fresh ground nutmeg.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Grated nutmeg
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.04.10 AM.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3