The Daily for Wednesday August 18, 2021

richwmn

20 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all!

I’m pretty sure all the poetry I ever wrote was really bad. Love daffodils, will celebrate them even out of season. Yes, yes, to a good Pinot Noir. 🍷

Haven’t been to Uruguay, or much of South America to my regret. Pictures will have to suffice.

The pot roast sounds good. I have avoided buying an Instant Pot; I think I have enough small appliances already. Three cheers for a Chilean Red wine! I have always thought of a Brandy Alexander as a sophisticated kind of drink. 

I have some good news from my liver transplant friend! This is from his wife: “the doctors say he is doing much better. He is well over the worst of Covid with just a lingering cough. It is quite a testament to both the power of prayer and that vaccine he got! They believe the vaccine enabled him to weather the crazy new variant despite the immunosuppressant drugs he is on. He may get out of isolation this weekend!” Thanks to all of you who have joined in prayers. Prayer is indeed a powerful medicine. And hallelujah for the vaccine!

Continued prayers for all on our care list. 🙏. And raising a glass to celebrate the good times (while trying not to be jealous of those cruisers in Sitka today 😁) 🍷

St Louis Sal

That is indeed good news that your friend is recovering from Covid.  👍👋  It also serves as another reminder why everyone should get the vaccine and that they do work.

• Like 18

Good morning all. Thanks Rich for the daily and Roy for the care list.  I am glad you got some sleep but will still keep you in my prayers.  The sun is out, the smoke is mostly gone and I am a month away from a cruise. I will find some pinot noir to celebrate life tonight. 

• Like 26

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

A bittersweet day here, we lost our dear SIL Marcie yesterday afternoon to her battle with cancer and will be attending shiva this evening and today is my 60th birthday.  Life is funny sometimes.

I am so sorry about your SIL. Prayers for you and your family. 

I agree, life is funny sometimes. Have a Happy Birthday. I’m sure Marcie would want you to enjoy your day. 

• Like 18

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

ALOHA ON A VERY EARLY MORNING HERE!!

Got on CC late last night for all on the west coast and east coast I wanted to respond this morning. I am truly sorry for several CCERS who have had a lot of sadness yesterday with loved ones and our dear fur babies! 
🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.8c953d3def5cb7f3605883ed6577ddca.jpeg

🌺Lenda, I love this photo of the moon!! You captured the serialism! I have this in my photos journal  for possible painting! Thank you!

@rafinmd🌺Roy!!

I thought of you last night and so wished I was on the board earlier to talk with you about your root canal.

First I am assuming it might have been a back molar. If so there are 3 roots involved. Due to your circumstances with your health Lidocaine (anesthetic) was given to numb you. It is possible that the canals were tight and more anesthesia was given into canals where you experienced a long delay of numbness and being lethargic.

I am glad your feeling better this am and had a restful sleep!

You might experience some weird sensations in your area where the root canal was done but it will pass. (PS) I loved your journey with Crystal and YES TO THE PHOTOS YOU HAVE TAKEN👍
I was just concerned and wanted to express my thoughts!

@cat shepard🌺Ann, I am glad today is your last day with your cast! I was thinking about you when David and I did some kayaking! Want to see my dear sister out in her kayak soon with Bindi!Will be rooting for you tomorrow!

🌺I am finishing a painting that has been here and when I come Back I always paint alittle! Hopefully I will share soon!

To all have a blessed day! Love yourself and and take life as a gift! Let’s make it positive 🙏

Sincerely

Denise😊

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I dislike bad poetry, like daffodils and enjoy pinot noir.

Great quote.

I've made the IP Mississippi pot roast; it's low carb and easy. I like the drink and wine (I happen to have a bottle open, although it's been a while since I had any wine). I also like Roy's meal.

I've been to Uruguay on the SA/Antarctica cruise, but to Montevideo, not to this port. Thanks for the pictures.

It's rainy here today, courtesy of tropical depression Fred.  We've gotten almost 1" so far. There are flood warnings. So I'll be indoors. I'm still waiting to hear from the study on immunocompromised people and Covid vaccines, so I can give my blood sample and then get the booster.

@Mr. Boston So sorry to hear DSIL is gone. Condolences to you and your family. I know it's hard to celebrate, but Happy Birthday.

@rafinmd I'm glad you had a restful night, and hoping you feel much better today.

@cat shepard I do hope you get rid of the zombie leg!

@aliaschief Safe trip home.

@Cruising-along Enjoy your DS's visit after all this time.

@St. Louis Sal I'm happy to hear your friend is doing better.

@CruiseMGM A nice tradition to have that drink on your Mother's birthday. It's seems so tough getting timely test results for travel. Good luck.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Today's meal looks so good that I might have to go get an Instant Pot.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/instant-pot-mississippi-pot-roast-8352003

Debbie, thank you for the recipe. I make something similar and never knew it was called Mississippi Pot Roast. I use it for sandwiches and it’s great for a crowd. I use my crockpot. 

• Like 15

Good morning, Dailyites, and thank you to Rich, Roy and all who post such interesting and provocative thoughts!  I will be thinking of Mr. Boston's DSIL today, it is always sad to lose someone, and it has been so much harder during Covid times.  Roy, I hope you are feeling much better this morning.  Root canals are no fun.

I used to make a Brandy Alexander pie - something like a grasshopper pie, it was very popular!  But I haven't made it in years.  Perhaps today is Daffodil Day because we should be planning on some new bulbs to plant.  My father wrote poetry for all special occasions.  But I don't think my mother kept any of his verses, I wonder why not?  We have been to Uruguay, just not Punta del Este.  

cat shepard, I remember when I was allowed to remove the boot I had on my leg from a stress fracture (definitely not on a par with your full-length do), my leg felt very naked and exposed when it first came off!  You will have to give it some TLC.  

I have to congratulate all you Dailyites who live in the US for having more booster shots available.  That is so great!  I hope Canada follows your example (but I doubt it...🙄)  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all.   Thanks Rich, for the inside info!  

@Mr. Boston my condolences on the loss  of your DSIL.   I know it won’t be a normal birthday,  perhaps you can celebrate at your half birthday.  

@rafinmd glad you had a good night!  

@St. Louis Sal glad to hear good news about your friend! 

@cat shepardglad to hear your cast is coming off! 

love daffodils and pInot Noir! 

FA963A7A-11D2-46BA-B699-A9E24BEC1EAE.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

ALOHA ON A VERY EARLY MORNING HERE!!

Got on CC late last night for all on the west coast and east coast I wanted to respond this morning. I am truly sorry for several CCERS who have had a lot of sadness yesterday with loved ones and our dear fur babies! 
🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.8c953d3def5cb7f3605883ed6577ddca.jpeg

🌺Lenda, I love this photo of the moon!! You captured the serialism! I have this in my photos journal  for possible painting! Thank you!🙏

Sincerely

Denise😊

Denise, I'm flattered and honored that you thought my photo was worthy of putting in your file for a possible future painting.  Thank you.

Lenda

• Like 13

Bad Poetry Day!  I'll tell a bad joke or write a bad poem any ol' time.

Looking for a place where kindness is the norm?

Come here to The Daily -- a port in any storm

Rich and Fish, Cat and Slope, Rafin and Kazu

Along with many others -- special people too

Share pictures, projects, dreams, their cares to weather

Knowing  that People  do best when all together 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks to Rich, Roy, the F&B department and all who post here.  Cheers to the celebratory list and hugs to the care list.

💕 a nice Pinot Noir; have had the Mississippi pot roast recipe (crock pot version) for years but have never made it; not so much into any poetry; like daffodils; and do like Brandy Alexanders.  @CruiseMGMI will not drink a Brandy Alexander unless it is made with ice cream.  I have also been making them with ginger brandy the last few years 👍

@Mr. Boston Condolences on the loss of your DSIL.  Hope you can still find a way to celebrate your special day.

@rafinmd Hope you continue to feel better today.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I have some good news from my liver transplant friend! This is from his wife: “the doctors say he is doing much better. He is well over the worst of Covid with just a lingering cough. It is quite a testament to both the power of prayer and that vaccine he got! They believe the vaccine enabled him to weather the crazy new variant despite the immunosuppressant drugs he is on. He may get out of isolation this weekend!” Thanks to all of you who have joined in prayers. Prayer is indeed a powerful medicine. And hallelujah for the vaccine!

What great news 👍 So happy to hear it 🙂 

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Bad Poetry Day!  I'll tell a bad joke or write a bad poem any ol' time.

Looking for a place where kindness is the norm?

Come here to The Daily -- a port in any storm

Rich and Fish, Cat and Slope, Rafin and Kazu

Along with many others -- special people too

Share pictures, projects, dreams, their cares to weather

Knowing  that People  do best when all together 

♥️ 💜 ♥️ 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I’m pretty sure all the poetry I ever wrote was really bad.

It doesn't matter. The thing is that you tried. You took the effort to express yourself in the form of poetry and that is a great accomplishment. Don't give up on it. 

• Like 10

🌺 

@rafinmdRoy,

Apologize, CC would not let me edit my previous post!!😡

Correction to anesthetic it was carbocaine given to you not lidocaine. We give that to people with high blood pressure, heart medications, surgeries in past, or sensitivity to Lidocaine with heart palpitations or if they have experienced nervousness.

Might not mean much but I wanted to correct it!

Mahalo Roy

Denise

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rich I knew you had a formula for writing the Daily. Do you still post when you are on holiday? Like cruising?

pre-covid when the ships were on a schedule the content was generated automatically each day and was just a cut and paste to post. I was on several cruises during that time and on most I did the post myself. During one cruise @kazu did the cut and paste. During my 40 day transpacific over several time zones a friend (not on CC) grabbed the info from me and posted each day under my account. I am able during other parts of the day to edit the information that will eventually appear, such as changes it the ships schedule.

The only holidays I have had in the last 18 months were at places in the Eastern time zone where I had internet access, so I did them my self.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Yippee!  I have a new lawn care company.  I called and told the other company they were done as of now.  They had set September 1st.  I'm relieved that has been taken care of.  Now, on to the plumbing issues.

@St. Louis Salgreat news about your friend.   I'm so happy for the miracle!

Some pictures from Sunday's walk:

IMG_1117.thumb.jpg.4aeac7685a78e68580e1591f0f76ee04.jpg

IMG_1118.thumb.jpg.d61ce931a4e8612b7f2ad3cc0394dc95.jpg

IMG_1115.thumb.jpg.de387fd3ca70d35fc2c5466e389da3de.jpg

• Like 29

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yippee!  I have a new lawn care company.  I called and told the other company they were done as of now.

YAY 🙂. And good for you cancelling the other one.  

• Like 12

Just now, kazu said:

YAY 🙂. And good for you cancelling the other one.  

Thanks, Jacqui.   I asked what the criteria was and they said distance.  I'm less than a mile away, so who knows why they dropped me.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yippee!  I have a new lawn care company.  I called and told the other company they were done as of now.  They had set September 1st.  I'm relieved that has been taken care of.  Now, on to the plumbing issues.

@St. Louis Salgreat news about your friend.   I'm so happy for the miracle!

Some pictures from Sunday's walk:

IMG_1117.thumb.jpg.4aeac7685a78e68580e1591f0f76ee04.jpg

IMG_1118.thumb.jpg.d61ce931a4e8612b7f2ad3cc0394dc95.jpg

IMG_1115.thumb.jpg.de387fd3ca70d35fc2c5466e389da3de.jpg

Glad the landscaping has been resolved.

Great pictures.

Lenda

• Like 9

2 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all!

I’m pretty sure all the poetry I ever wrote was really bad. Love daffodils, will celebrate them even out of season. Yes, yes, to a good Pinot Noir. 🍷

Haven’t been to Uruguay, or much of South America to my regret. Pictures will have to suffice.

The pot roast sounds good. I have avoided buying an Instant Pot; I think I have enough small appliances already. Three cheers for a Chilean Red wine! I have always thought of a Brandy Alexander as a sophisticated kind of drink. 

Continued prayers for all on our care list. 🙏. And raising a glass to celebrate the good times (while trying not to be jealous of those cruisers in Sitka today 😁) 🍷

St Louis Sal

This is wonderful news! May he continue to speed along the road to recovery!

• Like 8