Windjammer Status

ldubs

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you know the passenger capacity for your sailing. Richard Fein stated on his last interview that Windjammer dinners would come back at 50% capacity.

I don't have.  We actually have not booked.  Mrs Ldubs was looking at a cruise in Oct and my job was to scope out onboard options.   

Thank you everyone for the replies.  This is very useful!  

On 9/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, Mikew0805 said:

I am ready for the Windjammer to come back. We usually eat dinner wearing shorts, and until we can go back to the Windjammer... the dining room, including "formal night..." is where we will eat in shorts and sandals. 

Just off the Mariner. Windjammer open only for breakfast and lunch but there were plenty of people wearing shorts and sandals for dinner in the dining room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We board Harmony on Sunday. It’s a PITA having to pack extra clothes suitable for the MDR especially as we’re flying to Barcelona so therefore have luggage weight restrictions. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s open on Anthem for our cruise on her next month.

I am ready for the Windjammer to come back. We usually eat dinner wearing shorts, and until we can go back to the Windjammer... the dining room, including "formal night..." is where we will eat in shorts and sandals. 

Shorts have been and still are acceptable in the MDR including formal nights. This is not an act of defiance on your part. It is acceptable. 

• Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 12:45 AM, CaroleC said:

We board Harmony on Sunday. It’s a PITA having to pack extra clothes suitable for the MDR especially as we’re flying to Barcelona so therefore have luggage weight restrictions. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s open on Anthem for our cruise on her next month.

Your casual clothes will be fine...no need to pack clothes just for the MDR.

• Like 1

For a cruise to Alaska, your toes might get cold 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Too late, we flew into Barcelona this morning with our extra MDR clothes 😁. With a bit of juggling between both suitcases we managed to come in just under the weight allowance so all’s good. Had a lovely afternoon and evening in Barcelona, now looking forward to boarding Harmony tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Too late, we flew into Barcelona this morning with our extra MDR clothes 😁. With a bit of juggling between both suitcases we managed to come in just under the weight allowance so all’s good. Had a lovely afternoon and evening in Barcelona, now looking forward to boarding Harmony tomorrow.

Enjoy yourself !!!

What hotel did you opt for .... we've only stayed at Hotel 1898 & The Jazz.

Edited by Ashland

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

plus if they have the buffet closed they gotta give us shorts people somewhere to eat. 🙂

did i read that you need reservations for the buffet or just open seating? also it is self serve?

9 hours ago, EdandMary said:

August 27 Ovation sailing was 1432 occupants with 300 top tier included in that number. Windjammer closed for dinner.

Why feel the need to say there were 300 top tier passengers onboard..........As far as I know they put their pants on and crap just like I do?

Do you think they would open the Windjammer if there were 1000 top tier passengers on like it made a difference?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why feel the need to say there were 300 top tier passengers onboard..........As far as I know they put their pants on and crap just like I do?

Do you think they would open the Windjammer if there were 1000 top tier passengers on like it made a difference?

I think they were just stating numbers and that WJ was closed. Nothing else implied.