Mariner 'vaccination' wristbands

I still don't understand the point of them on cruises where everyone over 12yo has to prove vaccination status in order to board the ship.  

I don't wear a watch, Fitbit, jewelry, etc.... and I don't want to wear something that's going to be sweaty or get wet and stay wet after swimming, bathing, washing hands, etc.  

Looks like I'm going to become one of those lanyard-wearing folks that everyone makes fun of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I still don't understand the point of them on cruises where everyone over 12yo has to prove vaccination status in order to board the ship.  

I don't wear a watch, Fitbit, jewelry, etc.... and I don't want to wear something that's going to be sweaty or get wet and stay wet after swimming, bathing, washing hands, etc.  

Looks like I'm going to become one of those lanyard-wearing folks that everyone makes fun of.

Then don't cruise then if that is how you feel.

What is the point of this? The tracelet I understand as it can track your movements around the ship and also confirm vaccination status at the same time? And what if someone is able to create on at home who is not vaccinated? Or take a laynard from another passenger? The silcone one doesn't seem very tight to me.

Edited by ace2542

9 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I don’t either because they even give them to parents cruising with unvaxxed kids so it just seems really stupid. The silicone bracelet wasn’t as annoying as the mask! It fit loose on me and I’d put it on top of my Apple Watch so it was like not having something extra. I can see this adjustable bracelet becoming the norm because the silicone one doesn’t fit everyone. And it doesn’t look like it’s just fabric it looks like there’s some kind of rubber to it but it’s hard to tell just from a picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

RCCL gives exemptions to those who cannot get the vax due to medical issues.  It has to be approved ahead of time.  We have a family member who falls into this class due to severe medical problems and is not able to get most vaccinations not just the COVID vax.  

20 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

RCCL gives exemptions to those who cannot get the vax due to medical issues.  It has to be approved ahead of time.  We have a family member who falls into this class due to severe medical problems and is not able to get most vaccinations not just the COVID vax.  

They’d save a lot of time and some money if they’d give the bracelet to the few unvaxed instead of the thousand vaxed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Why would RC approve someone to sail who has such severe medical issues that they can’t get vaccinated? Sounds like a recipe for disaster for that person and the cruise line. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Morals and ethics. The unvaxed are children and/or those with a good medical reason. I don’t see them trying to skirt the rules.

I thought they let anyone onboard whether they had been vaccinated or not? Or has that changed now? And wouldn't it be better to be tracking with the tracelets the vaccinated/unvaccinated by computer as opposed to something you could remove and not be challenged about too much?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Morals and ethics. The unvaxed are children and/or those with a good medical reason. I don’t see them trying to skirt the rules.

The same morals and ethics people are using when purchasing forged vaccination cards? People, on average, suck. 

• Like 4

Whatever any ship gives me to ID me as vaccinated, I will ask it be attached to my lanyard.  I cannot stand to wear anything on my wrists.

I always wear a lanyard to match my clothing whenever I'm cruising.  I use one at home, too, for my apartment door fob,  keys. DL and credit card go in a plastic sleeve attached to my lanyard.  

I do this so I don't have to carry a purse anywhere.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't mind as long as they come off. I take them off in the cabin and while sleeping. If they dont come off, I guess I will cut them off everyday, and they will have to replace each day. The silicone ones are fine.

I'm with you, I would also cut it off every day.    I have a few silicone bands  from previous cruises that I will bring for future cruises.     I like the silicone bands but did hear that there were a bit tight for some. 

M

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

They’d save a lot of time and some money if they’d give the bracelet to the few unvaxed instead of the thousand vaxed.

Yes but then all you’d have to do is remove it and POOF, you’re vaccinated.  I realize this point is pretty much moot as all those over 12 have to be vaccinated already.  Just pointing out the reason why it wouldn’t work that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbschultz said:

The same morals and ethics people are using when purchasing forged vaccination cards? People, on average, suck. 

How many cases of that have been on cruise ships? I guess I (maybe naively) think better of people than that. Also, having been someone who held out and didn’t get vaccinated for a long time, I might have a different opinion on those who have chosen not to vax. Not necessarily directed at you or anyone on this thread, but I’ve read many opinions who automatically assume someone who isn’t vaxed is a bad person. It all comes down to the fact that I would rather not wear a bracelet that I can’t take off. Ugh!

If all this is required by our April sailings on the Wonder, and since they moved the dates back 2 days, for those continuing on with the Med will have 4 days between sailings so now may have to get tested during the last 2 days while in Barcelona. Our only hope, is they test us day of disembarking May 4th and it is good until re board on the 8th. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Markmom18 said:

Oh, what is the charge for the Covid test (B2B, before allowed to board n the ship again).

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

It’s free. I was on a b2b last month and a b3b this month. Always free when doing a b2b+. They will also test you for free if you are doing a side to side if it’s on a Royal ship. Not sure if they will test for free if you go to a different cruise line.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think I would like the ribbon ones. I would definitely wear it on a lanyard. The silicone ones I have no problem wearing them since they don’t get wet. Freedom last month had different colored silicone for different weeks, but on Odyssey now and they have purple just like last week. Not sure what color I will get next week. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, FLcruisergrl said:

The unvaxed could take it off.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

There are people skirting the rules when it comes to covid. Some are trying to use fake vaccination cards. Not sure if this has happened on a cruise, but if people are doing it elsewhere I would think they are doing it for cruises. 

Edited by ReneeFLL