When will Royal just have our "Records" on file?

FireEMT978

I have to believe that Royal, already has our vaccination records on file. That is, if we have already sailed since it has re-started.

My question is......When will Royal just acknowledge that they already have it for those of us, and not require us to bring it with on every cruise?

Edited by FireEMT978
clarification
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

It’s really not a big deal. I just keep ours with our passports. You have to show them every time anyway. 

I agree. Never said it is a big deal. But, do you not agree that it would be one less thing to have to even think of? I would love it, if they just said "On file" for check-in.

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

because probably it may violate some privacy law somewhere.  (i have no idea....just guessing).  Or they probably think this is a new way to annoy and confuse us along with vague dress codes and cruise planner "sales".

Actually, we already gave RCI any "HIPAA" rights to the vaccine information that we have voluntarily given to them, once we gave it to them. That's why I wonder why they don't just say "You're good. On file already."

• Haha 1

And you don’t think that there are plenty of individuals that cruise that would develop some “interesting” theory surrounding the storage of data.  

We can’t even keep John Fitzgerald Kennedy in the ground. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Haha 1

Do you really want them to keep you info on file?  It is a privacy issue.  A lot of places that ask for info only use it temporarily and then delete it.  Why is it so hard to supply it temporarily?

Also,  HIPAA isn't what some people think it is.  It means your Dr or other medical providers can't give out your info.  When you provide it to RCI, it's not protected.  Please look up what HIPAA really is. HIPAA only applies to medical providers.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe if they don't already do it now, RCCL will accept an electronic form of one's vaccination record, which you can usually download from your state's health dept.  I keep digital copy of my vaccination card on my phone.

However, living in an area of CA that requires you to show your vaccination card occasionally, and definitely if eating inside in my county, I just wear it in a plastic badge holder on a lanyard, along with my driver's license, credit card, and keys.  On board a cruise ship will be business as usual for me.  

The lanyard is worn under my clothes, and also eliminates the need for carrying a purse, too!

54 minutes ago, BND said:

Do you really want them to keep you info on file?  It is a privacy issue.  A lot of places that ask for info only use it temporarily and then delete it.  Why is it so hard to supply it temporarily?

Also,  HIPAA isn't what some people think it is.  It means your Dr or other medical providers can't give out your info.  When you provide it to RCI, it's not protected.  Please look up what HIPAA really is. HIPAA only applies to medical providers.

Where, did I, or anybody else say that is "Hard to supply it."  Just seems like such a simple "Status" for them to remember, such as C&A.

REALLY, privacy issues? I am well aware of the HIPAA rules. I have worked in EMS for 30+ years. If you are willing to give it to them voluntarily, that gives them "Permission" to have it in their "database" for their private/confidential use. This is as long as you don't give them specific permission to share your private information. Which, I believe that they would be VERY careful not to, due to lawsuits. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Correct, and the EEOC issued statements that employers requiring you to disclose your vaccination status is not a HIPAA violation either.  And there's no "right" to go on a cruise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

because probably it may violate some privacy law somewhere.  (i have no idea....just guessing).  Or they probably think this is a new way to annoy and confuse us along with vague dress codes and cruise planner "sales".

GDPR in all of EU, just to name one.

1 hour ago, ditmar2007 said:

GDPR in all of EU, just to name one.

*nods* I mean if my workplace can't even keep a record of the temperature checks they do for longer than a week due to GDPR then somewhere like Royal aren't going to be able to hold vaccination status indefinitely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Actually, we already gave RCI any "HIPAA" rights to the vaccine information that we have voluntarily given to them, once we gave it to them. That's why I wonder why they don't just say "You're good. On file already."

its the same premise as handing insurance card every single time you go to doctor or passport at airport or driver's license at bank.  Yes I know vaccine cards don't expire or change but perhaps they just dont have capability to add.  I am currently on the Adventure on a back to back and had to show my vaccine card again as well as my passport.  It may be some port rule rather than RCCL.

10 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

That's not how HIPAA works

I’d just like them to pre fill my info when trying to make a cruise planner purchase.  Unless I am missing something, have to fill out my address and name multiple times to buy anything.

Airlines keep your info, including cc, passport, global entry and pre-check.  

• Like 2

Considering that about every two years, RCI IT department somehow confuses ME and my Father's accounts (let's see, separate last names, states, genders and I NEVER sailed until long after I was married) I seriously DOUBT they can or would ever get this going.    I've told hubby many times, IF the first time I dealt with RCI was with their IT dept, I probably would never have sailed with them.

Erika

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I’d just like them to pre fill my info when trying to make a cruise planner purchase.  Unless I am missing something, have to fill out my address and name multiple times to buy anything.

Airlines keep your info, including cc, passport, global entry and pre-check.  

I was going to say the same thing. I'm logged in, can't the reservation form access my account info? doesn't even fill in the C&A number.

13 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

I have to believe that Royal, already has our vaccination records on file. That is, if we have already sailed since it has re-started.

My question is......When will Royal just acknowledge that they already have it for those of us, and not require us to bring it with on every cruise?

They don’t need to. It takes a few seconds to upload along with your passport. Not really a big deal. 

11 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Where, did I, or anybody else say that is "Hard to supply it."  Just seems like such a simple "Status" for them to remember, such as C&A.

REALLY, privacy issues? I am well aware of the HIPAA rules. I have worked in EMS for 30+ years. If you are willing to give it to them voluntarily, that gives them "Permission" to have it in their "database" for their private/confidential use. This is as long as you don't give them specific permission to share your private information. Which, I believe that they would be VERY careful not to, due to lawsuits. 

I was told once by a RCL individual, that they do not maintain or make that any personal info available, whether true or not.  I complained once that the check-in data must be available in RCLs data base, eg. passport info, etc. and why need I re-enter some basic info.  Also, why when you check in they always ask to see a credit card when one is already on file via check in.