Diamond drink question

cruissett

Being Diamond, when do the free drinks begin and end?  Can you get one of your drinks before you get to the cabin day one before you pick up your Sea Pass?  And after midnight going into the last hours onboard, do they load one more time?  Our cruise recently was delayed until noon getting off, could we have had a drink while we were spending that extra time onboard?

as soon as you get your seapass you can start to use it for whatever is allowed in port.  Not for disembarking.  I know this because we were on a b2b and couldn't get anything until we had our new sea and sail cards around 10am.  Before we left the ship completely,  we did snag 2 soda cans the night before for the am.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

They would be wise to not allow purchases before someone checks in at the muster station!

As far as I know, they are no longer having passengers meet at the stations for muster drill.  I believe it's done on your TV or app.  One good thing that came out of Corona virus!

Edited by jerseygirl3

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

As far as I know, they are no longer having passengers meet at the stations for muster drill.  I believe it's done on your TV or app.  One good thing that came out of Corona virus!

You still have to visit your muster station as a check in the box. But the actual muster drill is done via mobile app or stateroom TV

Edited by smokeybandit

26 minutes ago, cruissett said:

Being Diamond, when do the free drinks begin and end?  Can you get one of your drinks before you get to the cabin day one before you pick up your Sea Pass?  And after midnight going into the last hours onboard, do they load one more time?  Our cruise recently was delayed until noon getting off, could we have had a drink while we were spending that extra time onboard?

I'm pretty sure they load more at midnight for the last day. You can use them your last night but if I remember correctly, the bars are closed in the morning on disembarkation day so you won't be able to get a drink in the morning before getting off the ship.

18 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Several of the muster stations are in lounges or restaurants. You can go through the drill on TV or app, but still need to go check in at required station.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm pretty sure they load more at midnight for the last day. You can use them your last night but if I remember correctly, the bars are closed in the morning on disembarkation day so you won't be able to get a drink in the morning before getting off the ship.

You can get a specialty coffee.  🙂

Depends on the ship...

Ovation this past September, drink vouchers available at embarkation. If you don't have your Seapass card, you just give them your cabin number. Vouchers and drinks are available morning of disembarkation.

Liberty this past October, drink vouchers available at embarkation but with limited drink menu because of Texas liquor law. No alcoholic drinks morning of disembarkation.

Navigator, currently, drink vouchers available at embarkation. Just give them your cabin number if you don't have your Seapass card. Vouchers and drinks available morning of disembarkation.

3 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

You do still have to check in in-person at the muster area to which you are assigned (usually a sign in an relatively open area, such as the boardwalk) after watching the videos on your app, but it is a matter of them making sure that you are registered in their program as “checked in.” But, the pre-covid process of filling up a venue with tons of passengers and going through a demo regarding life vests is a thing of the past.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

They would be wise to not allow purchases before someone checks in at the muster station!

I believe they cut you off at a certain point if you haven't gone? But I could be confusing them with carnival that I went on recently. 

Related question.  When do the day's drinks reset during the cruise?  Is it at midnight or something like 2:00 am or whenever the last bar closes?  For example, if I use a voucher for a drink at 12:30 am, shortly after midnight on Monday, does that count towards Monday's or Tuesday's Diamond drink vouchers?

10 hours ago, mareed said:

Is it at midnight or something like 2:00 am or whenever the last bar closes? 

This likely depends on how accurate the timing on the point of sale terminal the bartender uses - it should be midnight. You can ask the bartender for a printout of your perks - that should list exactly what you have at that time.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

Just reached Diamond and understand there are 4 drink vouchers loaded per day. What does the Diamond lounge provide? I've seen "happy hour" but I'm not sure what's included. Thanks!

You get 4 drinks a day up to value $13.  Any bar/restaurant.  You are not now limited to the reduced menu that was previously on offer in the DL.  Your 4 vouchers now count against drinks in the DL ( did not before).   

If you don't want to 'waste' a voucher on a $3.50 coke and want to save them for that $13 glass of wine, just tell the bartender that you don't want to redeem the voucher.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, AustinCruise said:

I took a beer with me to the muster station.

I sat in the pub upon boarding since the muster stations were not available yet.  I ordered a diamond beer using my cabin number since my card was outside my cabin door but cabins weren't ready yet.  Then the waiter brought me another so I drank it too while I watched the muster videos on my phone.  By that time it was beer #3 and time to visit the muster station with beer #3 in hand.  

On a Daimond related question. If I am Diamond and have the drink package as well can I buy someone else a drink with a voucher? Can I just tell the bartender that? I do not want to have it seem like I am sharing the drink package.