Do not Board - Currently on the Symphony of the Seas 8 day Holiday Cruise

Gissi6

3 hours ago, jasongoldberg said:

Well— just left my stateroom for dinner. As we emerged men were in the hallway and asked us to go back inside for twenty minutes because they were spraying. Uy. It was bound to happen. Twenty minutes later we emerged and went down the hallway to come upon two housekeepers arguing loudly with a manager (in a suit) saying that they didn’t want to go into the stateroom that they were standing in front of. The manager was saying ‘I know I know’. We kept moving along but I was surprised that they were arguing in the hallway in front of guests. 

Listening to the “earth wind and fire” band in jazz on 4. Super surprised they put it on in such a small room when the main theatre etc are empty. Very packed. Ironic they seem happy to do this yet still have signs saying 6 to an elevator 

98DBC90C-E837-454F-B15D-428A9E08297C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, danielwje1 said:

Listening to the “earth wind and fire” band in jazz on 4. Super surprised they put it on in such a small room when the main theatre etc are empty. Very packed. Ironic they seem happy to do this yet still have signs saying 6 to an elevator 

I hope you had a socially distant good time. 

I see the OP's point.  If you enjoy a cruise.for specific things, and those things are not.present, why go, especially with the hassle?

Luckily for me, I especially enjoy cruises for.the food, maybe meeting some interesting people, relaxing, seeing.some movies, etc.  And I like being at sea. 

If.there is good entertainment that is a bonus.

To each his own.  I am looking forward to my cruise on Mariner on Jan. 6

• Like 2

17 hours ago, xina04 said:

I last cruised on Anthem of the Seas to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in February of 2020. Our cruise to the Bahamas was delayed and then shortened and rerouted to Bermuda.

We were on that cruise, too.  One of the best cruises ever - even if it was shortened.  Last cruise we took.  Since the restart, have cancelled over 30 cruises.  Hopefully one day....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, danielwje1 said:

We went to bingo yesterday in The Attic.  It was the packed.  Not a aeat available.  But bars are closed that wouldn't have a third of the crowds.

On 12/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, jasongoldberg said:

👆🏻This

Deffo this. You are paying for a full service and should be compensated for any changes to that service. Non regular cruisers book cruises to enjoy all on offer, food, entertainment etc. Esp after a day exploring. Its all part of the paid for package.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Presbycruiser67 said:

.....maybe meeting some interesting people, relaxing, seeing.some movies, etc.  And I like being at sea....

Might not be easy to meet interesting people at the moment with the social distance and mask protocols.  I do see your point though, enjoy your cruise!

33 minutes ago, Presbycruiser67 said:

I guess I have only two more things to say:

First, I am bringing my kindle with me, it has plenty of reading material;

Second, I can accept a lot, but if they dare to close the water slides on board, I will raise hell.

Does your mommy and daddy know you swear and are posting on CC. 😂

• Haha 1

We were scheduled to be on this exact cruise and cancelled on the 20th.  We were looking forward to doing the exact things you said are now cancelled.  We saw the writing on the wall and got out when we could.  We were able to get a full refund even at that late date.  Even though we love to cruise, for the amount of money we were going to spend, we didn't want to just lay in the sun with no entertainment.  

I am so sorry that you are not having a good time.  I appreciate the warning to others.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I really don’t understand all the complaints as though it is a big surprise that cruising is different right now.

Maybe it's not a complait per se. She's just letting people know what they have or don't have available right now. I appreciate the heads up.

Personally, I'm not cruising till this all goes away. Our last cruise was October 2019 and we miss it dearly but all this uncertaintly isn't worth it. We are vacationing other ways until if/when this blows over...

• Like 2

I would definitely be bummed if things I was looking forward to were closed. I get that. For me, comedy shows are a big deal. Without them, I would surely not be happy about that. If nothing else, this thread serves as a good informative around what could happen. 

Bored out of your minds without a few shows? What do you do on other vacations that do not offer broadway shows? Is there really nothing you can find on an OASIS class ship to keep yourself entertained?

To all those who say Royal owes compensation, that they do not. The cruise lines are already struggling to stay afloat. Now they are going to hand out tens of thousands of dollars on each voyage every time some entitled cruiser doesn't get to use every venue at every time. Where is the line drawn?

I also don't get the people who are so glad they cancelled and stayed home. Is this how we want to continue to live our lives almost 2 years in? So bothered and irritated by inconveniences that it is all or nothing? 

On 12/27/2021 at 5:29 AM, Presbycruiser67 said:

I see the OP's point.  If you enjoy a cruise.for specific things, and those things are not.present, why go, especially with the hassle?

Luckily for me, I especially enjoy cruises for.the food, maybe meeting some interesting people, relaxing, seeing.some movies, etc.  And I like being at sea. 

If.there is good entertainment that is a bonus.

To each his own.  I am looking forward to my cruise on Mariner on Jan. 6

Yes on food! Was sorry to hear that some feel the food seems to be being cut back, but I can understand that when many seem to be sailing half full and enjoy meeting others but that is not as easy with masks and social distancing. 

On 12/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, Joebucks said:

I also don't get the people who are so glad they cancelled and stayed home. Is this how we want to continue to live our lives almost 2 years in? So bothered and irritated by inconveniences that it is all or nothing? 

I'm very happy I moved my January, 2022 cruise to October, 2022.  I'm living my life exactly as I did pre-covid.  Big family dinner for Thanksgiving, a family Christmas party, and lots of quality time with my grandson - all of which are FAR MORE important to me than a cruise.

I am bothered  and irritated by the inconveniences currently associated with cruising - so much so that yes, it is all or nothing.  I have no desire to spend thousands of dollars and end up with a product I'm not happy with.

To each his own.

• Like 7

On 12/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, Joebucks said:

From my perspective it's not simply a cancel/stay home choice or an all or nothing situation.  I cancelled my 1/2/2022 Harmony cruise but definitely not staying home.  Going to all inclusive resort in Cancun instead.  We just prefer to spend our vacation time at locations we don't have to wear masks.  But we understand those that still want to go ahead with a cruise during these times.  

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, auburn34 said:

From my perspective it's not simply a cancel/stay home choice or an all or nothing situation.  I cancelled my 1/2/2022 Harmony cruise but definitely not staying home.  Going to all inclusive resort in Cancun instead.  We just prefer to spend our vacation time at locations we don't have to wear masks.  But we understand those that still want to go ahead with a cruise during these times.  

Have you checked with your all inclusive.  Spent some time at a Hyatt Ziva property in Mexico - masks were required unless you were in the pool, seated at your lounge chair, or seated in a bar or restaurant.  Staff reminded people that were not wearing them appropriately.

Have been in 4 major Mexican cities in the past 3 months. - mask use was widespread, required indoors unless seated.  signs about masks and other preventive measures pretty much everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

Have you checked with your all inclusive.  Spent some time at a Hyatt Ziva property in Mexico - masks were required unless you were in the pool, seated at your lounge chair, or seated in a bar or restaurant.  Staff reminded people that were not wearing them appropriately.

Have been in 4 major Mexican cities in the past 3 months. - mask use was widespread, required indoors unless seated.  signs about masks and other preventive measures pretty much everywhere.

Don't muddy the waters with facts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mek said:

I'm very happy I moved my January, 2022 cruise to October, 2022.  I'm living my life exactly as I did pre-covid.  Big family dinner for Thanksgiving, a family Christmas party, and lots of quality time with my grandson - all of which are FAR MORE important to me than a cruise.

I am bothered  and irritated by the inconveniences currently associated with cruising - so much so that yes, it is all or nothing.  I have no desire to spend thousands of dollars and end up with a product I'm not happy with.

To each his own.

I'm glad to hear you are doing what makes you happy. I do question if you are living your life exactly as you did pre-covid. Were you cancelling/postponing cruises then?

I've seen more than enough claims of people "happy" to cancel/postpone their cruise not exactly panning out. So forgive me if I take those claims with a grain of salt. Meanwhile, I see other people actually enjoying their cruises like nothing has changed. Reading reviews, you can see who is ready to have a great time and a positive mindset and who is looking for problems. Seems like it was like that pre-covid and will be like that post-covid you ask me.

Who's to say the cruise experience will be better in October than it is now? It could be. It could be worse. It could be shutdown. COVID is not going anywhere. To be fair though, October isn't as much of a peak sick season as January, so there's that. 

9 hours ago, nocl said:

The beauty of the internet is you get to say whatever you want and if it makes you feel good, you are correct. Thanks for clearing up the misconception. Most people would rather choose the vacation for the lack of masks then justify why it was ok there was masks. 

• Like 1

My family is from New England and mask wearing is second nature at this point - even for those with glasses!   We would be upset with closed activities.  

the shows, the slides, the sports court, the games, the trivia, the adventure ocean, the escape room, the cupcake decorating etc..  The reason our family cruises is because we all like different things in this list and can all enjoy what we like.   If they were missing - and we were all stuck at the too small pools - it would be a huge disappointment.   

plus - these activities disperse crowds, so that the pools are not too crowded…it’s what makes this ship work !  

I hope that the new CDC guidelines are able to help get a few more staff members out of quarantine or isolation and allow them to assist with cruising activities that would not risk additional covid guest exposure…sure - maybe the craps dealer might have to run Trivia instead to keep a certain distance - but it would be better than having him stuck in his room! 

• Like 1