Not the cruise I signed up for…

BF125

8 hours ago, MadameGorgeous said:

Bringing a maritime attorney in to comment for no reason really added that touch of authenticity to this dramatized fluff piece. No one is forcing anyone to get on a boat right now, and those of us who do choose to go, know the risks. ✌ 

Thank you! The Cruise Line

Attorney is a vile piece of filth and a media whore. 

We are taking out chances and it's our choice!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadameGorgeous said:

Exactly. Staying uninformed doesn’t mean you get unlimited whine on a cruise in a Pandemic.

That applies to life in general as well.

Staying uninformed doesn’t mean you get unlimited whine about everything in a Pandemic.

😉

• Like 2

We are currently on the 11day Anthem.  We paid $2000 for an ov balcony.  $500 off from Amex, $200 off from another cc, 400 various OBC s.  Royal reimbursed us one day for skipping St Kitts.  Excellent dinners and shows. Weather has been great.  What more can you ask.

• Like 6

Let's see.  Countries have been denying ships from docking for months and months.  How did you think you this would suddenly change.

My wife and I have stopped cruising and won't start again until things settle around.

While we like sea days, I kind of like a bit of order (I am the travel planner in the family).  My wife likes activities and from I have seen some of things that she likes and even ones I like have been reduced or eliminated

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:54 PM, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

While I agree that one must be realistic in that it's a pandemic and your experience is bound to be affected, I do agree that folks are overpaying.  We are just off Serenade and I did not fee like we got our money's worth.  The service was poor, and many amenities were unavailable. The shows were lackluster and the food in WJ was not what we've enjoyed on past cruises.  

RCI is correct in asserting that they can make changes without notice (it's in the contract),  and I understand that these things are a result if staffing shortages and other pandemic-related annoyances.  However,  it bothers me that I have paid a premium for the Oasis in May and may not be able to enjoy many of the amenities which were the reason we were willing to pay more for THAT ship in the first place.  It seems a little like a bait and switch.

I just think that if I order prime rib  and pay more for it because it's prime rib - and the chef/restaurant has an issue and can only  give me a cheeseburger, that I should be compensated in some way - not told "You knew this might happen."

My $.02.

We are on the Explorer now and the food is the worst we have ever experienced. The WJ food is nothing but leftovers from the night before and the food in the dining room is tasteless.

The service is awful, with only 1100 people on this cruise we expected more.

We understand the set back in staff and help shortage but we paid for a full cruise and expected our room to be made up daily.

This cruise is a real disappointment to us and will make us reconsider RCCL in the future. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

We are on the Explorer now and the food is the worst we have ever experienced. The WJ food is nothing but leftovers from the night before and the food in the dining room is tasteless.

The service is awful, with only 1100 people on this cruise we expected more.

We understand the set back in staff and help shortage but we paid for a full cruise and expected our room to be made up daily.

This cruise is a real disappointment to us and will make us reconsider RCCL in the future. 

Did you think things would magically improve once you stepped on board.  You say you understand the setback in staff and help shortage, but you still want the full cruise experience.  

• Like 1

Well, I'm not getting the cruise I booked for either. My Vision cruise was cancelled. So instead of sitting  y the pool with a drink I'll be sitting under a blanket with hot tea. Instead of having all my meals prepared and cleaned up for me, I'll be doing this all myself. And instead of having my room serviced 2x a day I ALSO HAVE TO DO ALL THIS MYSELF. 

Be glad you were on a cruise. I just get to look at pics others post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, I'm not getting the cruise I booked for either. My Vision cruise was cancelled. So instead of sitting  y the pool with a drink I'll be sitting under a blanket with hot tea. Instead of having all my meals prepared and cleaned up for me, I'll be doing this all myself. And instead of having my room serviced 2x a day I ALSO HAVE TO DO ALL THIS MYSELF. 

Be glad you were on a cruise. I just get to look at pics others post.

I don't think you want to be on Vision right now.... just sayin' 😇

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No faces at JR's this week

Complain!!! You might finagle some OBC. I really think that is the impetus of all the whining. People are trying out the old adage,, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

hmmm, many of us pay a lot more. Especially, for the much newer ships with more amenities and more entertainment options, which turn out to be closed during the cruise.

The days of us paying that little for 2 for a 7 day cruise are long gone. And we only sail in interior or the cheapest balcony if the price is close to that of an interior cabin.

But that was a low end comparison.

We did New Orleans for New Years.  Room for 5 nights was over $2000 (we had a less expensive room booked, but the hotel had been damaged in the hurricane, was supposed to reopen in time, but did not).

Breakfast ran $30 - $40 per day.  Lunches and dinners were $80 - $100 per meal.

So a typical day was $400+ for room, $190 - $240 for meals, plus other expenses.

So for a 7 night stay, it would have been around $4300.

And the room was not as nice as on board.  Some of the meals were well above on board quality, but many were about the same.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:48 PM, SKSMIKE5 said:

We did Harmony last November and everything was GREAT! Shows were good, crew was top notch, food was good and even though the windjammer was closed for dinner we were never hungry! 

Sadly we can’t compare current cruises to cruises  even a few months ago. We too sailed in November and it looked like everything was heading in the right direction. Of course things changed and those on January Cruises have had quite a different story

For our two cruises in January, we stopped at just two ports. One original itinerary was four ports the other was three ports.

Dining venues were  closed either because they were shortstaffed or because there were so few passengers on board.  On the January 9 cruise  Solarium café was closed for all three meals,  Sabor was closed and Johnny Rockets was closed  for breakfast. We had 3100 guests  on Harmony the first week and 2700 guests the second week. I understand now the number is closer to 2000 passengers. 

Entertainment was significantly reduced.   We did not have the aqua show,  a Broadway show, and had just one or two performances of an ice show for both weeks. One week the second headliner bailed. The cruise line was using the comedians to rehash shows several times during the  cruise. They even used a guest couple who had done a theatrical performance for Facebook group. They allowed them to do a similar performance in the main theater on a sea day.

The cruise line DID let you know in advance that there could be some revisions to the itinerary and entertainment. Those who choose to continue to sail have to understand that things are a little different for a while. 

However,  crew provided excellent service, and even though they must’ve been terribly overworked, they provided that service with a smile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just off a zero expectations cruise and had a great time. Only really knew I was going once I tested negative two days before. Literally thought the whole thing might not happen until my feet stepped onto the ship because of the possibility of a last second cruise cancellation. I never looked at the cruise planner or made reservations. Never stepped foot in the dining room. Caught a little live music, soaked up some needed sunshine, appreciated the sea around me, all successfully making me feel relaxed, which is why I cruise. Consider your own reasons why you cruise and plan accordingly. If you need every bell and whistle to be working, you may be disappointed. 

• Like 2