The Daily for Friday 01/14/2022

richwmn

59 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening everyone. DM had an appointment today and we went to lunch afterward at BJ’s. Our friend Kim met us there (Crawford, Kim Crawford as in Bond, James Bond). 

@Horizon chaser 1957 I love your gingerbread house!  I remember the one you did last year. You must plan weeks in advance!

Gerry @ger_77 thank you for the update on Jacqui @kazu. Prayers for her, Jose and the pups. 

Bruce @aliaschief I also agree about your decision to not attend your Sister’s memorial. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Craig’s DS has covid for the second time. I’m sure most here will remember that she was very ill in July/August 2020 with covid (Roy diligently kept her on the Care list then) and she really struggled and was close to not recovering. So, to say the least, Craig is very concerned about her. She was released from the ER and will have treatments and meds but I would really appreciate my Daily family saying a prayer for her. Because of her previous problems with covid and the damage to her lungs this has hit her hard. 

I hope everyone had a great day today. 

Gosh, Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about Craig's DS.  I hope she has access to all the best treatments, since she had a tough time before.   Chris joins me in sending thoughts and prayers for a swift recovery.  Manohman are these trying times.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

I decided that at my age I am NOT going to sit in coach for an overseas flight. I know that a business/first class flight might cost as much as the cruise but I’ll just budget for that. I’m worth it. 😉

May the memories of your sister help you through today and always. 🙏❤️

Thank you for the update and helping Kakalena. Please give her a hug. 

We started flying business on overseas flights.  We've gotten some good prices through HAL over the years.  We'll fly coach on domestic flights with the exception of ones to and from Seattle because of the long security lines at Seatac.

In 2016, we got business from DFW to Amsterdam for less than $1500 each.  When we tried to book it ourselves, it would have been $7000-$8000 each.

Lenda

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I decided that at my age I am NOT going to sit in coach for an overseas flight. I know that a business/first class flight might cost as much as the cruise but I’ll just budget for that. I’m worth it. 😉

You bet! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening everyone. DM had an appointment today and we went to lunch afterward at BJ’s. Our friend Kim met us there (Crawford, Kim Crawford as in Bond, James Bond). 

@Horizon chaser 1957 I love your gingerbread house!  I remember the one you did last year. You must plan weeks in advance!

Gerry @ger_77 thank you for the update on Jacqui @kazu. Prayers for her, Jose and the pups. 

Bruce @aliaschief I also agree about your decision to not attend your Sister’s memorial. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Craig’s DS has covid for the second time. I’m sure most here will remember that she was very ill in July/August 2020 with covid (Roy diligently kept her on the Care list then) and she really struggled and was close to not recovering. So, to say the least, Craig is very concerned about her. She was released from the ER and will have treatments and meds but I would really appreciate my Daily family saying a prayer for her. Because of her previous problems with covid and the damage to her lungs this has hit her hard. 

I am so sorry about Craig's DS.Sending prayers  her way and hope she feels better soon.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning Sharon.

Sending our prayers 🙏 and good wishes to Craig's sister for a full recovery from her second covid infection.

Graham.

• Like 5

Thanks to all who shared their photos of Stornaway Scotland yesterday. Interesting comments regarding the people not being particularly welcoming as we've found all our Scottish ports in the past to be quite friendly.

Once again, we are sorry to read of so much illness and hope and pray for the best for all of you and friends and family who are suffering. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, I'm just reading this today and am so sorry to hear Craig's DS has been struck again by this nasty, horrible virus.  Prayers for her and hoping they will be able to use the new treatments available to get her back on her feet again.🙏

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Thanks to all who shared their photos of Stornaway Scotland yesterday. Interesting comments regarding the people not being particularly welcoming as we've found all our Scottish ports in the past to be quite friendly.

Once again, we are sorry to read of so much illness and hope and pray for the best for all of you and friends and family who are suffering. 

No matter where you go, there is always a person or two who try to ruin everyone else's day.  And quite happy to do so, too!😠

• Like 3