Platinum and Elite lounge question?

traceytd

Yes, to both but the drinks have a cost. I can't remember the cost but if you have a drinks package or plus they are included. Otherwise there is a lower price for select drinks but you can order anything you like. There will be a list in your cabin letting you know what hors d'oeuvres are offered each night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, katisdale said:

Yes, to both but the drinks have a cost. I can't remember the cost but if you have a drinks package or plus they are included. Otherwise there is a lower price for select drinks but you can order anything you like. There will be a list in your cabin letting you know what hors d'oeuvres are offered each night.

Been four times since the pause, no menu is left in the room for Elite Lounge, only an invite. There will be a menu displayed in the lounge with offerings for the sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We had no card in our room with the list of what’s served each night either. Here’s some pictures from the two nights we went in the last 10 days on the Ruby. We enjoyed the food. 

6FA21F16-434F-4926-A2A2-94EE9BA0C376.jpeg

E448F4C6-459D-4D77-90DE-11A702BDFB81.jpeg

6CB3A359-E835-4512-8B13-7AB19322D047.jpeg

3AF3C8CC-245A-430F-A9CA-DAE9B20C70BA.jpeg

BA27D44B-10F8-4DD5-AC27-CB2A01B444B2.jpeg

1B220D36-687B-45F9-B013-87BEF5000F49.jpeg

7E2AD9E6-3798-4830-84E3-44C38A735707.jpeg

Those pix are amazing! I've never seen that much variety.

Maybe that's why they stopped putting the "menu" in the cabins?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, traceytd said:

What is included in the Platinum and Elite lounge. Is there hors d’oeuvres or drinks?

The hors d'oeuvres are complimentary and there are some nonalcoholic juice type drinks usually available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last 2 cruises (post shutdown) it started at 5pm and was every night except Captain's Party night

There wasn't the champagne waterfall in the piazza. Pre-pandemic the PES lounge was closed that night too

Edited by Ombud

54 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Majestic had a limited selection. Much better when we were on the Grand last month. Macarons too!

20220116_175050.jpg

Was this in your cabin or at the entrance of the lounge? 

Here's the notice that I received last month on the Caribbean Princess. It did not give the menu for each night. I forgot to ask about the canapés for the first formal night. My cabin steward left me an order form for the second one (which was the same night as the Captain's Circle party). They were much better than the old canapés.

20211205_135701.jpg

20211209_172627.jpg

20211210_145357.jpg

Tonight on the Grand the offerings at the lounge were the best we have ever seen.   Bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp salad crostini, salmon flowers with cream cheese crostini, mozzarella sun dried pesto crostini, vegetable crudités, cheese bowls and macaroons.  Quite yummy.  

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

Those pix are amazing! I've never seen that much variety.

Maybe that's why they stopped putting the "menu" in the cabins?

My guess is that it is another cost savings for Princess by not having to print a customized menu for each cruise.

Bit by bit Princess is saving $$$ and reducing the information available to cruisers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rwilk1129 said:

We were on Sky in Dec. and Regal last week. We had no info about lounge or snacks for Elite. I figured it was gone due to Covid.

Were you relying on information from the app or were you also getting hard copies of the Patter?

8 hours ago, geoherb said:

Here's the notice that I received last month on the Caribbean Princess. It did not give the menu for each night. I forgot to ask about the canapés for the first formal night. My cabin steward left me an order form for the second one (which was the same night as the Captain's Circle party). They were much better than the old canapés.

20211205_135701.jpg

20211209_172627.jpg

20211210_145357.jpg

We had a similar letter on our Regal cruises.  I missed the menu so we could plan ahead but we managed😁

Our second cruise of our B2B was our first as Elite and I had forgotten about the canapés.  They were in our cabin when we came back from dinner and a show.  We didn’t eat them because they had been sitting there.  Since the letter said, “ upon request” we didn’t order any for 2nd formal night but they showed up anyway.  Next time I will try to order the chocolate covered strawberries.  Wish me luck! 😂

I have personally never gone to this as the menu never impressed me that was in the cabin. On this past cruise (Christmas Grand Princess cruise) - there was a note with the time in the cabin but no menu.

On this last cruise - I was hanging out in One5 reading a book and completely forgot they were having this there at 4:30. It turned out our small group met every night at 4:30 and had a few drinks (no specials that I saw) and had some appetizers. I enjoyed it but didn't think it was outstanding.

I thought some of the food was unusual. There was what I remember being a bbq chicken piece. I was surprised as it was cold. There was a pasta ball of some sort served with cold Mariana sauce. Both of these would have been pretty good if warm. I usually had some cheese, some smell pretzels and few other things. It was nice to have some food with drinks and I enjoyed our group gathering daily but I would not go for the food. I did take some pictures. We pointed and were served the food on a plate.

The menu that was delivered to the cabin on formal nights - I completely ignored as nothing sounded appealing. They really need to re-work this as everyone I spoke to did not order anything from here (and haven't for years) - unless that is the intention for people not to use it.

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1136.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1