Caution ordering Covid Tests from Emed

Jim_Iain

Wanted to give a heads up on EMed.com.

I ordered a 6 pack form emed.com on 1/12 and my order is still sitting there indicated approved but not shipping advice.  I called once after 4  days and they said they should ship soon. Nothing.   I've left messages twice using their portal and have received no reply.  

I'll be calling again tomorrow and insisting a commitmet ship date or cancellation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wanted to give a heads up on EMed.com.

I ordered a 6 pack form emed.com on 1/12 and my order is still sitting there indicated approved but not shipping advice.  I called once after 4  days and they said they should ship soon. Nothing.   I've left messages twice using their portal and have received no reply.  

I'll be calling again tomorrow and insisting a commitment ship date or cancellation.

Oh Jim, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Such trying times.

15 minutes ago, Oville said:

When is your cruise?  This is really upsetting.

I'm planning ahead for an April cruise so I have plenty of time but was concerned for others who are sailing soon.  

If I had waited until 2-3  weeks pre-cruise I would be going nuts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Oh Jim, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Such trying times.

Thanks Mike, but I have plenty of time.  I originally ordered them thinking I could use one or to after being close  contacted.    I was able to get some of the regular tests at CVS on Monday and have ordered some through the Post Office.

I think you are cruising before  me aren't you?

I ordered a box of 3 at home proctored tests on Monday and the Fed Ex shipping notification says they are being delivered today (Thursday). I noticed the Optum website is now saying out of stock for the boxes of 2 and 3 proctored tests. Guess there was a rush to buy after Biden said private insurers have to cover up to $12 reimbursement for at home tests purchased on or after 1/15/2022.  

I wonder why your order was messed up like this. Mine and many others shipped within 24h after ordering, however: My tests had an expiration date of November 2021 and were extended per FDA letter for just three months. Optum claimed this was acceptable, I disagreed.

After some back and forth they finally agreed to refund the purchase entirely which has since happened. They can't accept any returns of these kits though. Worst case I'd have disputed it with Amex. So if Optum has sent you expired kits as well contact their customer service and request a refund!

Also keep an eye on the test kit expiration date.

The FDA did grant an extension of expiration dates. EMed has a link to a 32 page doc listing which kits (by their lot #) are approved to be extended & list their new expire dates.

But important to note is: not all kits are on the list.

Mine is not on the list - so I am stuck with 2 that expire this month. I reached out to eMed via their “contact us” email -   no response. 

If you have kits that show an expired date you can google to find out if your kits are still valid to use. It may be worth looking into. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bye-seaya said:

EMed has a link to a 32 page doc listing which kits (by their lot #) are approved to be extended & list their new expire dates.

But important to note is: not all kits are on the list.

Is this a recent list?  (As opposed to lists from last spring/summer regarding kits manufactured in early 2021, which I've seen.)  If so, can you please post the link? 

All I'm seeing now on the eMed.com web site is a link to a very recent (Jan. 7, 2022) FDA letter approving a 15-month expiration date for the test kits based upon on-going stability studies.  (Which is very good news, but it would be great to see lot numbers.)

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/EUA-abbott-bNOWHome-Rev-2022-01-07.pdf

An update -

I ordered from Emed because I wanted 6 test kits (that is all they offer) as oppose to Optum that offers 2 and 3 tests kits.   Many of the reports of ordering 2 and 3 I presume were ordered from Optum.

I called and the call was immediately answered by a call center in India.  The agent was able to look up my order by my e-mail address.    He confirmed he saw the order was made on 1/12/2021 and sent a message to the distribution center.   Their still is no indication that it has shipped or shipping details.

He next asked me if I could log into my credit card account and confirm if a charge was made to EMed.   I thought this was weird but did it.    To my surprise there was a charge made last night.   Maybe my portal message of last night helped -   But still zero email from EMed. 

The agent sent me an email confirming our conversation.    I have a feeling my order fell into a black hole.   

Something for other to look for is their credit card to see if a transaction went through on their Credit Card.

• Like 2

My order from December fell into the same black hole and was never sent. After two weeks of seeing posts from others whose were shipped and received within three days I phoned eMed. A couple of calls and escalations later they responded that my that my order was dropped and my card was not billed. I subsequently reordered and received that order in about three days - the kits expire sometime in November 2022.

I have alerts on my credit card for any purchase or hold over $100, and I did receive a charge notification after the December order. However, when I went into my account afterward I saw that the hold had dropped off and I was not actually charged.

In the fall I ordered a six pack from E-Med, figuring I could use them for upcoming travel. All six boxes expired within 6 weeks of receiving. I used two in Canada, (They are very easy.)  They replied to me that they had permission to extent the expiration date our three months. The remaining 4 are still no good to me. They have not replied to any of my follow-up e-mails.  I will nor purchase from them again.

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Mike, but I have plenty of time.  I originally ordered them thinking I could use one or to after being close  contacted.    I was able to get some of the regular tests at CVS on Monday and have ordered some through the Post Office.

I think you are cruising before  me aren't you?

I hope you are able to get this resolved quickly, and good on you for being proactive.

I do not have a cruise booked. We booked a villa in Jamaica for our kids and their significant others that I cancelled (Jamaica is at a 20% vaccination rate). We would be there right now and I'm sure it would feel a lot better than our current subzero weather.

1 hour ago, love to cruz said:

We received 2 boxes from Emed. Both expired prior to mailing them out. We returned them 3 weeks ago & are still waiting for our refund. Thus be careful.

The expiration dates have been extended - you can call them to confirm the date.  The one I have originally expired in October and now goes til April.

5 minutes ago, s0479 said:

The expiration dates have been extended - you can call them to confirm the date.  The one I have originally expired in October and now goes til April.

What number do you call?

.The FDA gave permission to Abbott to extend the expiration date. Here are the directions.image.thumb.png.ad0dd35fede808694e0f3200fec9b82d.png

• Thanks 2