Premium Drinks Package-Upgrade Worth It?

granddutchess

2 minutes ago, Lisah101 said:

So just a short rant - we have a cruise coming up in 59 days and I called to upgrade my beverage from classic to premium so I could get the 10% discount and the rep on the phone told me that would change the price of my cruise and I would owe the balance.  Tried twice to explain I didn't want to change my cruise rate only upgrade the beverage package as indicated in the elite benefits and she kept to her story that would rebook my cruise at a higher rate.  Very frustrated so I hung up and will try again hoping I get a different rep.

This seems very strange.  But you can just do a simple upgrade the day you board.

36 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

What do you save?  7 bucks on a week long cruise?  You should try it at least once on board, you will realize the difference..if you frequent any one bar especially.  

@PTCDAWGI'm sure its more than $7.00 when you factor in the FX rate. I dont frequent any of the bars usually a martini or 2 in the afternoon and I prefer my own wine from home, however, the upgrade covers all the sparkling water I drink. 

45 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@PTCDAWGI'm sure its more than $7.00 when you factor in the FX rate. I dont frequent any of the bars usually a martini or 2 in the afternoon and I prefer my own wine from home, however, the upgrade covers all the sparkling water I drink. 

Yeah, I know the savings isn't great it was just the fact that an advertised perk for Elite was being denied.  For me, I like the whiskey on the premium plan and don't drink any of the ones listed on the classic plan so it only takes a few drinks a day to make it worth while.

1 hour ago, Lisah101 said:

So just a short rant - we have a cruise coming up in 59 days and I called to upgrade my beverage from classic to premium so I could get the 10% discount and the rep on the phone told me that would change the price of my cruise and I would owe the balance.  Tried twice to explain I didn't want to change my cruise rate only upgrade the beverage package as indicated in the elite benefits and she kept to her story that would rebook my cruise at a higher rate.  Very frustrated so I hung up and will try again hoping I get a different rep.

Clearly someone there misunderstood your request.  I know that there are a number of newer reps with Celebrity and perhaps it was a training issue.  I would definitely try again as what you are requesting and repricing your cruise are certainly two different things.  And what you are requesting can definately be done. Maybe they thought you wanted to go from Classic to Elevate or Indulge.  But even with that, that is an upgrade with a $30 charge for each level and does not require repricing.

As you plan, call and try again.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
correction

12 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Clearly someone there misunderstood your request.  I know that there are a number of newer reps with Celebrity and perhaps it was a training issue.  I would definitely try again as what you are requesting and repricing your cruise are certainly two different things.  And what you are requesting can definately be done. Maybe they thought you wanted to go from Classic to Elevate or Indulge.  But even with that, that is an upgrade with a $30 charge for each level and does not require repricing.

As you plan, call and try again.....

I would not even bother speaking to an agent; just ask the call be transferred to the resolution department they understand and will help you.  Since Omicron there are many new hires most not even located in the US. I get Jamaica Guatemala and Mexico city when I call and can barely hear them on the phone. I had a 30 minute phone call with resolutions a couple evenings ago and all was resolved. 

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Looks like I'll just find some other way to use up that OBC.

If you still have some OBC left before 10pm on your last night, you might consider going to Guest Relations and having it donated to the Crew Welfare Fund. My understanding is that the funds go to leisure activities and other things for the benefit of the crew, including the behind the scenes folks. 

I hope you'll have fun, no matter how you choose to spend your OBC. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 6:02 PM, Froufie said:

Really?  I am not seeing pricing like that anywhere  More like $25-30 per person per day - so for a 10 day cruise that is around another $600 and for us would not be worth it at all!

I’m not sure where you are are seeing those prices.  
The cost of the Classic package ( if you purchase it) is $59 pd the Premium is $69 pd.  The difference has been $10 pd + 20% gratuity for a number of years.  So a 10N cruise with no Captains Club discount would be $120 per person.  
If you are booked with AI pricing which includes the Classic package then after final payment you should see a option in your Cruise Planner to upgrade the beverage package. 

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’m not sure where you are are seeing those prices.  
The cost of the Classic package ( if you purchase it) is $59 pd the Premium is $69 pd.  The difference has been $10 pd + 20% gratuity for a number of years.  So a 10N cruise with no Captains Club discount would be $120 per person.  
If you are booked with AI pricing which includes the Classic package then after final payment you should see a option in your Cruise Planner to upgrade the beverage package. 

thanks for the info - I am not at final payment yet so all I see is these huge EXPENSIVE upgrades LOL - hoping I can see this in my planner once $$ is finalized!!  I would gladly pay the extra $10+ to upgrade - do both of us have to upgrade?  or it is okay if just one of us does?  (I know on some lines it is mandatory for everyone in the room to have the same package).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Froufie said:

thanks for the info - I am not at final payment yet so all I see is these huge EXPENSIVE upgrades LOL - hoping I can see this in my planner once $$ is finalized!!  I would gladly pay the extra $10+ to upgrade - do both of us have to upgrade?  or it is okay if just one of us does?  (I know on some lines it is mandatory for everyone in the room to have the same package).

You both have to upgrade if in the same stateroom.  (To prevent one card being used to purchase premium beverages for both in the stateroom)

On 1/25/2022 at 9:21 AM, granddutchess said:

We will be sailing on the Silhouette at the end of March 2022.  Given the supply chain issues is it worth it to upgrade to the Premium Drinks Package?  Those who currently are on board are you finding that the cruise ship has the premium brands?  Want to see before I upgrade from the Classic Package to Premium.  Thank you so much for your comments.

For DH the beer selection is sufficient so it is NOT worth an upgrade..

For me who loves Sauvignon Blanc but NOT from California...WORTH IT

41 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You both have to upgrade if in the same stateroom.  (To prevent one card being used to purchase premium beverages for both in the stateroom)

NOPE you don't . I upgraded last summer on Edge & DH did not

54 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That is NOT correct, one person can upgade alone.

You do, however, agree to the possible (and likely) termination of your drinking package if abuse/misuse is confirmed, eg. you share your higher-level package with other passengers with a lower-level package.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ultramax12 said:

I've logged into my account online and I'm also Elite. But I look under "DRINKS" and don't see an option to upgrade from Classic to Premium....

Can this upgrade be done online line or do I need to call Celebrity? Thank you!

As an Elite, you qualify for a 10% discount to upgrade. I believe you have to go thru Celebrity though to get the discount. When we did ours, we went through them because there was no where on the website to upgrade at the discount price. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Froufie said:

Yes, do it on board..

On 1/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, kidless said:

We also just recently booked this cruise. We were offered to elevate to premium drinks and $200 obc per person Wifi and I think something else. At $30 a day pp once you account for the obc it only cost us $11 a day extra for premium package & WiFi.  That’s at least a Martini a day seemed worth it to us

Yep - our 8 nite was $30pppd w/$150pp obc.  So cost was $480 less $300 obc or $180 for upgrade to premium drinks = $11.25 pppd. well worth it

On 1/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, ultramax12 said:

I've logged into my account online and I'm also Elite. But I look under "DRINKS" and don't see an option to upgrade from Classic to Premium....

Can this upgrade be done online line or do I need to call Celebrity? Thank you!

I just email my TA and she handles it for me. Our last cruise was booked last minute. Our TA upgraded us with our discount at booking.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:49 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

What also is missing from the classic package is bottled (now canned) water, soda's (and other beverages), which would also be charged per drink.

Nope, they're included in the Classic, always have been. Check the link you posted. What is not included is the name brand better waters. But sodas, whatever they're serving is included. 

38 minutes ago, ORV said:

Nope, they're included in the Classic, always have been. Check the link you posted. What is not included is the name brand better waters. But sodas, whatever they're serving is included. 

Yes you are correct - should have corrected myself as it is in the very link I posted.  Thanks for setting me straight!  Don't like to give misinformation.

And as you say the two levels are segregated by brand names as to the waters.

26 minutes ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Does anyone have a copy of the Martini Bar Menu?  Or know what the cost is of the Martinis at the Martini Bar?  Thanks. Will make a difference in decision to upgrade drink package😀

Looks like they're $15.50 each. Makes everyone have to fill out a slip where they can add gratuity.

Martini bar.webp

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Looks like they're $15.50 each. Makes everyone have to fill out a slip where they can add gratuity.

Martini bar.webp

Thank you!!  Makes the decision easy!  And I love the easy button.  Now to try and figure out what our itinerary will be.  Haha.