The Daily for Monday 04/11/2022

richwmn

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your advice Jack.

Paracetamol tablets is what the practice Doctors and nurse advise because of possible interaction with Ibuprofen and my heart medication.

Graham.

After I had a meniscus tear repaired in my left, good knee that was my fault (moved a heavy object laterally), I questioned my orthopedic surgeon for signs of needing a knee replacement for my right, bad knee. His response was "when I continually fall down or can't stand the pain in my knee any longer!"

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I've looked for  the thread asking about Sail7Seas, and I can't find it.  Could someone  let me know the title of the thread where she is being discussed.   Thanks in advance.

Edited by 4966and556
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We have a nice suite (Penthouse) same size as what @aliaschiefhad on Azamara.  Everything is brand new and I think we are the first ones in here since the refurbishment.  

I’ve only done one cruise on O and while there were some serious issues, we had a PH as well.  those rooms are so well laid out.  Put them on a BHB and it would be perfect.

We loved our room.  Enjoy yours 🙂 

Sorry about the tag issue on your DH’s sweater.

Oh, and BTW my post appeared on my roll call this morning.  Dated yesterday.  Have no idea what the key words were to cause concern 🤷 

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

I join others with family members with a birthday.  My special DGD is 37 today.  I don't know how that happened.  She is so loving and full of life that she is a joy!   

A very happy birthday to your DGD.  Anyone who is such a joy deserves the best birthday wishes (besides, mine seem to be too popular or repeated to here’s a new one:

DFF4F7FB-C6C1-4E60-82F0-C49423B3551E.gif.dd1357564ac4d1425418709f3057e103.gif

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

My step-daughter won't even start with the shots, and she has two bad knees.  I thought I had her convinced that she need to make an appointment with her orthopedic doc.

So sorry to hear this.  It’s hard to convince our children and at times, I think our step children most of all.  I hope she listens or takes the leap on her own 🤞 

56 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Our DD will be 58 next week.  She and her husband are celebrating with a Mediterranean cruise on a Princess ship. 

A very happy early birthday to your DD.  A cruise is a great way to celebrate 🙂 

80541A45-5398-4011-82E8-03A70631E31D.gif.5cf4cad3f69f1a8bc6a509754a24a18a.gif

56 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Just sent an email to our TA to finalize some things on our next cruise; the Westerdam in March and April.  We will celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary in Nagasaki.

Wow!  60 years. Congratulations 👏. That just seems so right that you will be celebrating there. 

• Like 20

Thanks, Jacqui for the early congratulations.  We do have a soft spot in our heart for Japan.  When we married in Taiwan the government did not allow its citizens to travel out of the country for pleasure.  So we had to wait until we were transferred from there and we vacationed in Kobe, Japan for our honeymoon.  Hadn't thought about it, but you are correct; it just seems right.

Ray

• Like 14

Just a quick post to let you know I'm home after a very long day. DH is resting now, one additional Stent was placed, but we are going to have to address some medical issues going forward which are going to necessitate changes in our future plans.

Thanks for being there and listening everyone, it really means so much.

Mary

• Like 8
  • Thanks 18

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I guess we are one of the older couples here.  Our DD will be 58 next week.  She and her husband are celebrating with a Mediterranean cruise on a Princess ship.  Just sent an email to our TA to finalize some things on our next cruise; the Westerdam in March and April.  We will celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary in Nagasaki.

DH and I can almost you - DD turns 58 in August and we'll celebrate 60th anniversary at Pinnacle Grill in January.

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Just a quick post to let you know I'm home after a very long day. DH is resting now, one additional Stent was placed, but we are going to have to address some medical issues going forward which are going to necessitate changes in our future plans.

Mary

Thank you for giving us an update.  I am glad your DH is resting and hope that the future medical issues can be easily dealt with.   

• Like 13

IMG_4172.thumb.JPG.d55cd7b4b64d102914e8feb26c51d010.JPG

Sorry about her being sideways, this is the Feral Fawn.  DH and I need a lesson about how to post pictures  of our "fur family" and cruises from our files on the computer.  We will ask tomorrow morning, But it's late now, and time to sleep.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18

6 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Greetings, fellow Dailyites!  Interesting days.  It is always special to remember pets who have meant so much in our lives.  We had some real characters over the years.  I miss having any pet, but with traveling and volunteering, it is best not to complicate a pet's life!

Poutine would not be for me.  Since I eat fries only about once every two or three years, it wouldn't be on my menu.  I love potatoes in most forms, but not fries!

I join others with family members with a birthday.  My special DGD is 37 today.  I don't know how that happened.  She is so loving and full of life that she is a joy!   A very happy birthday to all of today's celebrants!

It is overcast today again, with much the same forecast that @durangoscotshas!  A hard freeze will definitely hurt the Grand Valley fruit crops and vineyards.  So far, the wind hasn't started.  Of course, rain is forecast for tomorrow when I have to be gone for the entire day.  

@grapau27it will be interesting to follow your knee progress.  Hope that you can get some answers and help.  My step-daughter won't even start with the shots, and she has two bad knees.  I thought I had her convinced that she need to make an appointment with her orthopedic doc.

Continued prayers for all on the Care List, which is thankfully shrinking a big.  And my continued special prayers for the caregivers who are doing such a great job!  (Hardest job ever). 

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

HAPPY 37th BIRTHDAY to your DGD.

5 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I guess we are one of the older couples here.  Our DD will be 58 next week.  She and her husband are celebrating with a Mediterranean cruise on a Princess ship.  Just sent an email to our TA to finalize some things on our next cruise; the Westerdam in March and April.  We will celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary in Nagasaki.

Ray

An early HAPPY 58th BIRTHDAY to your DD.

2 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Mary

Mary, I glad your DH is resting comfortably after having another stent placed.  I am sorry there are medical issues going forward.  I hope they are easily overcome.

10 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry about her being sideways, this is the Feral Fawn.  DH and I need a lesson about how to post pictures  of our "fur family" and cruises from our files on the computer.  We will ask tomorrow morning, But it's late now, and time to sleep.

Fawn is a very pretty kitty.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Aw, very pretty.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 8

I'm sorry I didnt like or thank all from the last  pages, trying to catch up before bedtime.  worked til 9:30 gotta get those hours in, next week will be 35 hours.  arghhh.  but at least it will all be in one campaign.

Dentist.  I owe this man half the value of my house,...he did say i needed crowns on all the front teeth, and the one he repaired today  is of course a front tooth, told me to stop crunching on hard candy and cough drops.  um duh.... i just wrote them a check for 100 bucks, I owe more than 20 thousand to him, this " pay me back at 35 bucks a month" seems silly now, but  that's what he asked for ... i  never married for money,  and alas I don't have any myself.   No pain, tooth looks good. I could have waited, i thought it looked kind of cute.  

sweet dreams all!

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Mary

I'm pleased to hear your husband is home now Mary.

Hopefully the extra stent will make a massive difference to your husband's health.

One piece of excellent advice I was given from Heart physio is Don't Lift Anything Above Your Head as it puts a lot of stress on the heart.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, marshhawk said:

She's beautiful! And very lucky to have you as her guardian angel!

• Like 4

Well, it is already Wednesday morning here in Europe and today we will be docked in Motril.  We have a tour planned to Granada.  Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain all day.

Yesterday we had rain all day in Alicante.  We went to the store to have the security device removed and that was done without any incident.

However, the rest of the day was not great for me as I had some digestive problems all day.  Luckily it seems to be over so I can enjoy the Alhambra in the rain.  I will post on tomorrow’s daily, hopefully with some photos to go along with the post.

In the meantime, prayers for all,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1