The Daily for Monday 05/16/2022

richwmn

Today is Love a Tree Day, National Sea Monkey Day, and Wear Purple for Peace Day

I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand!!--Charles M. Schulz

Meal Suggestion for today - Calzone Rolls
Drink of the Day - It S Bitter Be Hoppy
Wine of the Day - Cline 2019 Ancient Vines Mourvèdre (Contra Costa
Destination of the Day - Dubrovnik, Croatia

Ships With Passengers

At Sea

Noordam   Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 05/17

Bar Harbor, Maine

Zaandam   07:00 - 16:00

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska

Nieuw Amsterdam   15:00 - 18:00

Juneau, Alaska

Eurodam   13:00 - 22:00
Koningsdam   13:00 - 22:00

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska

Zuiderdam   10:00 - 18:00

Rhodes Island, Greece

Oosterdam   08:00 - 18:00

Santorini Island, Thira, Greece

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 17:00

Stockholm, Sweden

Rotterdam   08:00 -

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Long Beach, CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0516World.thumb.png.63c76528945898a7abe67b54208ad689.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida. 

Calzones are pretty good.

We've been to Dubrovnik, beautiful walled city, we did the walkway on the wall top and have great photos but they are all on disks.

Interesting quote.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

A rainy Monday here.

Interesting collection of days.  I love trees.  I remember the ads for sea monkeys in the back of comic books, but I never ordered any.  I pray for peace.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  I don't think I've had the drink.  Hope the wine is good too.

We enjoyed our visit to Dubrovnik several years ago, I'll see if I can find pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning it is 39°F and raining here.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days and quote.

There are lots of trees near our home.

I like Calzone pizza but not sure about the drink.

Dubrovnik Croatia is a lovely port.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham

Screenshot_20220516_115158.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30

Good morning.  Love my trees, even when they dump all over the driveway.  I remember the ads for Sea Monkeys when I was younger.  Will wear my purple today.

Love Calzones and the quote.  Have not been to todays destination.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe.  Wear your mask if you feel the need.  I do!

It's Bitter Be Hoppy:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Auchentoshan® American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky
1/2 part Aperol® Aperitif
1/4 part Grapefruit Juice
6 dashes Lemon Bitters
2 1/2 parts IPA Beer
Lemon Wheel

Instructions
Stir all ingredients and strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 7.10.51 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds like something I’d enjoy.  I look forward to seeing the recipes and pictures from @dfish.  The birds are very busy feeding their babies and the babies are very loud demanding food.  It’s the kind of noise I enjoy.  
This weeks chore is to decide on a new internet security provider.  I currently use Kaspersky and want to switch.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 27

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich

Well, we certainly love trees - we planted enough on our property 😉 It’s the fallen leaves I don’t like 😠 Never got sea monkeys when I was young and I would certainly like it if we had Peace - everywhere 🙏🏻 I might change into purple if it will help.

Love the Schulz quote and yum on the meal today.  Curious about today’s wine but it’s probably red ‘sigh’.  I’m guessing the drink of the day involves beer with the “hoppy”.  We have been to Dubrovnik twice and thankfully it was in a less busy time and we were the only ship in port.  (Got to love the EE - that happened a lot).  Beautiful city and the walls are such fun to walk. 👍 

64BB1B3C-6DA9-49BA-84B5-4DB35D1FA636.jpeg.7f78232223abf7c98edb09c9d1af5744.jpeg

Another rainy day here so I guess I better get out of my dark place & hunker down and get something done.  I should be able to get the remaining begonias in the front porch if it’s not too cold (protected from the rain).

163C45A7-BF43-4590-9A91-301AA564CBD1.jpeg.590d77b1c066e53b0aaa229db458ff61.jpeg

And then it’s time to deal with economics & talk to my accountant to try to figure out how things work with an income reduction and a higher tax bracket since there is no more income splitting.  Never fear - cruising will remain in my plans one way or the other  😉  Wonder if I can just do this and start over? 😉 

72C3FE19-6AC0-45D8-AF00-CDE05752E022.jpeg.a218703677baee52002cd82d7d3daf11.jpeg

I think best to do as much on the phone today as possible since some of my emails have had to be redone as they have looked like this 😉 

A28F5E38-4E08-486F-8895-8E09E70A1FB6.thumb.jpeg.a57b610e03329202b4eb0c36a9c3c7e0.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

0ECEC5A7-3CAC-4647-B16E-BC9BA2BC1E54.jpeg.ded229df059159fe25a5efad6f1f168c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 33
  • Haha 13

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  I think I'll pass on the sea monkeys.  I certainly crave peace but have never heard of it as a connection with purple.  I have some purple I can wear today.  Trees are both beautiful and essential to our climate.  While not really true, I think there is a lot of wisdom in the Schultz quote.  I have never been to Croatia.  The Calzone roll sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Grilled Herb Strip Loin Steak, and Pistachio Ice Cream, as served on MS Veendam May 16, 2016.

Today’s care list:

Tops market victims
smitty34877 DB with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Heartgrove DDIL with covid while Heartgrove needs to visit older sister
Vict0riann’s DBIL and DSIL with Covid in Australia
From the rotation:
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Happy Anniversary Aliaschief
Quick dental appointment for Cruzin Terri
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Great River Cruise for NextOne
msmayor on well deserved work break
Horizon Chaser 1957 nephew helping with sister’s 50th Anniversary
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
5 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
6 days Atexsix( Discovery Princess May 22-29)
St Pete Cruiser (Wind Surf to 5/17) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Good morning!!!  I love the quote and just so happen to be wearing a purple shirt today.  We have two weeks to make up our minds whether to go on our European cruise in August. Rising Covid cases are worrisome.  We are planning on spending 5 days in the Netherlands doing day trips from Amsterdam and then a two week Norway cruise.  We have been training for our 13 mile hike down the mountain in Flam. I hope we feel it is safe to go. 

• Like 28

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich.  Another gorgeous morning after a night of boomers and a little rain. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Trying a gym class today that uses an actual barbell, not hand weights. I know you are all picturing those Olympic weight lifters who dead lift hundreds of pounds. That will NOT be me. I am thinking 5 pounds at each end is a good place to start. Hoping it is as good as the description makes it sound. 

One day too late for Chocolate chip day…

EFDFA228-7490-4F67-B4D0-64542A220180.jpeg.6c19c36e5707393f33db1e669ffc3918.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone !

Cline 2019 Ancient Vines Mourdre

This wine sounds interesting. And definitely in my budget range. I don’t believe I have have ever had Mourvèdre outside of a blend, so I would love to taste this one. Numerous online & local distributors with prices starting at $12.98.

Winemaker Notes

Cline's 2019 Ancient Vines Mourvedre is a medium tawny-ruby color. Aromas of ripe cherry and chocolate. Full-bodied, well-balanced and luscious. The tannins are structured and balanced. Flavors of plum, cherry and chocolate. There is a nice, warm, lingering finish.

WE90
Wine Enthusiast

Quite ripe and packed with black-fruit flavors, this full-bodied, smooth wine also adds notes of chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon for extra complexity. It’s mouth filling and luxurious in texture. Best Buys

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  I think I'll pass on the sea monkeys.  I certainly crave peace but have never heard of it as a connection with purple.  I have some purple I can wear today.  Trees are both beautiful and essential to our climate.  While not really true, I think there is a lot of wisdom in the Schultz quote.  I have never been to Croatia.  The Calzone roll sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Grilled Herb Strip Loin Steak, and Pistachio Ice Cream, as served on MS Veendam May 16, 2016.

Today’s care list:

Tops market victims
smitty34877 DB with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Heartgrove DDIL with covid while Heartgrove needs to visit older sister
Vict0riann’s DBIL and DSIL with Covid in Australia
From the rotation:
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Happy Anniversary Aliaschief
Quick dental appointment for Cruzin Terri
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Great River Cruise for NextOne
msmayor on well deserved work break
Horizon Chaser 1957 nephew helping with sister’s 50th Anniversary
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
5 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
6 days Atexsix( Discovery Princess May 22-29)
St Pete Cruiser (Wind Surf to 5/17) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Congratulations Roy for being No 1 on CC reputation list you thoroughly deserve it.

Graham.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

Our streak of sunny days had to come to an end.  This morning brings us gray skies and rain.  It should be clearing up this afternoon, though.  I'm hoping the rain will wash some of the tree pollen out of the air.  My allergies have been wicked this year.   I did do a test to make sure it was allergies and it is.  Today is laundry and clean the bathrooms day at my house.  Something to keep my busy and out of too much trouble.

Today's meal sounds great.  Who can resist?  Let's start with a good basic calzone roll recipe.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/calzone-rolls/

561073950_calzonerolls1.jpg.cbe1ac051f1e3dee0d4923d8146033c0.jpg

Now we branch out a bit.  Rachael Ray uses an actual roll to make her version.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/calzone-rolls-with-salami-tomato-and-basil-recipe-1950413

1957607422_calzonerolls2.jpeg.26d39645c2f747c77ca73518a1ba7723.jpeg

This next one is a fake out recipe using tortillas in place of pizza dough.  With the low carb tortillas it would be a possibility for me.   https://cheftini.com/tortilla-calzone-rolls/

804404927_calzonerolls3.thumb.jpg.5a12ed4c4d480c8df0b9fa40581aa9d8.jpg

This last version is stuffed with Italian sausage and mozzarella and has more cheese sprinkled on top of the roll before baking.  Mmmmmm.   https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/grams-calzone/

1142966889_calzonerolls4.thumb.jpg.d78e9ae5032eefbed4c6e7791af290a3.jpg

I might take the fillings of #3 in the dough of #4.  

Prayers for all who need them especially Ukraine and our Daily family members facing challenges.   Cheers to all who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a marvelous Monday.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

wakeupandsmellthecoffee-wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee-coffee-cat-happy-11481561.png

Good Morning Dailyites!  It was thundering and lightening and pouring down rain at 9.  I was thinking i wouldnt get to see the lunar eclipse.  At 11 I went out, the sky was clear, so we stayed up, got out a couple of chairs, and watched.  It was very nice to sit out in the cool air, and see the wonders of our world with my DH.  And now I am very tired, with a ton of things to do this morning, and a late shift for Arizona.  MAKE MORE COFFEE!

Did I dream this?  There was a beautiful picture of two galaxies that someone's hubby had taken with his new telescope?  I cant find the day it was posted, and I really want to show my DH.  It was a beautiful picture, and I cant find it.  Who ever posted it, I meant to tell you it was truly wonderful.  CAn you repost it?  or did i dream it?

Time to feed the cats, and get moving.  The quote?  I say it every day.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

Our streak of sunny days had to come to an end.  This morning brings us gray skies and rain.  It should be clearing up this afternoon, though.  I'm hoping the rain will wash some of the tree pollen out of the air.  My allergies have been wicked this year.   I did do a test to make sure it was allergies and it is.  Today is laundry and clean the bathrooms day at my house.  Something to keep my busy and out of too much trouble.

Today's meal sounds great.  Who can resist?  Let's start with a good basic calzone roll recipe.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/calzone-rolls/

561073950_calzonerolls1.jpg.cbe1ac051f1e3dee0d4923d8146033c0.jpg

Now we branch out a bit.  Rachael Ray uses an actual roll to make her version.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/calzone-rolls-with-salami-tomato-and-basil-recipe-1950413

1957607422_calzonerolls2.jpeg.26d39645c2f747c77ca73518a1ba7723.jpeg

This next one is a fake out recipe using tortillas in place of pizza dough.  With the low carb tortillas it would be a possibility for me.   https://cheftini.com/tortilla-calzone-rolls/

804404927_calzonerolls3.thumb.jpg.5a12ed4c4d480c8df0b9fa40581aa9d8.jpg

This last version is stuffed with Italian sausage and mozzarella and has more cheese sprinkled on top of the roll before baking.  Mmmmmm.   https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/grams-calzone/

1142966889_calzonerolls4.thumb.jpg.d78e9ae5032eefbed4c6e7791af290a3.jpg

I might take the fillings of #3 in the dough of #4.  

Prayers for all who need them especially Ukraine and our Daily family members facing challenges.   Cheers to all who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a marvelous Monday.

I just might try one of these with egg white wraps, Debbie. Never tried to bake them before, but it would greatly reduce the carbs. These do sound nummy. 

• Like 23

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

I just might try one of these with egg white wraps, Debbie. Never tried to bake them before, but it would greatly reduce the carbs. These do sound nummy. 

Great idea!

• Like 16

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

This past weekend was my niece's Bridal Shower. My older sister was able to attend thankfully. According to my younger sister (mother of the bride-to-be) she did well and has not declined further at this point. But it is just question of time. Hopefully she can attend the wedding in July.

DSIL has gone this morning for a transfusion to combat her COVID infection. We will probably need to delay the trip to Chicago to see my sister until after Memorial Day. I'm not certain that she would have the strength right now to care for Sam even though I have a dog walker.

We visited Dubrovnik in late 2019. Photos of the city have provided Sue with a wealth of subject matter for her artwork. I will try to post some photos later today.

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 28

Good morning all - enjoying my day off, still in my slippers and second cup of coffee in hand.  I will need to get moving soon though, as a trip to the grocery store is in order.  We skipped it yesterday in favor of Longwood Gardens, and I want to get there and back before the strong storms that are predicted hit the area.  Predictions of heavy rain, wind and hail in our future this afternoon, so a good time to settle in with my crochet project.

@dfish, nice set of recipes and certainly give me a different idea of a calzone.  I've always considered them just pizza dough with ricotta, mozzarella and maybe some ham or pepperoni.  Those are some tasty varieties with different fillings, and looks like something my guys here would enjoy.

Definitely remember 'sea monkeys' as a kid.  I'm with @kazu on the trees - love them leafed out, but boy it is a chore come fall when it's time to clean up.  

Sending all my prayers to those on the Care list...and toasting those who are celebrating!

• Like 28