The Daily for Monday 05/16/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon, I hope everyone is having a great day. 
It’s been a busy couple of days. Last Wensday I had the follow up with the surgeon from the mammogram and all is good , I’m released from his care unless I have an issue again🤞 
Then I was supposed to have PT but the script wasn’t for my hand  and now they have to get a new order . She said it was for balance and walking and she doesn’t do the hand . So now I wait till I hear back from them. 
 Today I received a phone call from radiology at Hershey to schedule my MRI , I replied it was done over a week ago at St Joes Reading. So apparently the results were never sent to Hershey.I’m not happy with that. 
    I was to Dubrovnik on KDAM premier in 2016. I remember walking around town.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️

• Like 18

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

If you click on the magnifying glass, it brings up the search page on content search. The tab next to that is member search, with joined "any" and group "members" checked. If you scroll down there's a box to click on - search members. It will take a while to get to the next page as there are over 1.6 million members that have to load. When the members do come up,  you can sort on the upper right by post count or reputation. The members initially come up by name. 

Thank you. Going to try it out now.

• Like 8

@grapau27, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @bennybear Thank you each for your tips on how to manage Dubrovnik crowds and suggestions about other areas of Croatia to tour.  Thanks, also, to so many Daily-ites for posting pictures. I'm not sure when my life will allow, but you have whetted my appetite for an extended Croatian trip.

-Melisa

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!

I loved all the pictures of Dubrovnik. Thanks to everyone who shared. Yes, I’ll skip walking the walls. I think I’ll be like Carolyn @Cruising-along and enjoy the cats. 

Happy Anniversary @aliaschief & DW!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, for our previous 3 cruises we did rapid antigen tests at CVS with appointments but don’t have that option this time because we are going to Barcelona early and need to test there. Our plans are to check with our hotel first to see if we can arrange testing and have a backup with our purchased EMed tests. From what I’ve read HAL will only test us at the pier if our test results aren’t available yet. In other words, you have to have actively tried to test before getting to the pier. Same thing with coming home. I’m just glad for the EMed tests as a backup. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for solving the mystery!

i think that is why Roy @rafinmdis no 1 and so many Dailyites are on the first list because everyone is so nice.

66°F and sunny here at 08.15am.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

With Dubrovnik today's port, I have a question for our Daily-ites about Croatia:

Dubrovnik and Split were on our Bucket List. But DH's stroke and diminished health has changed that to my Bucket List. We were blessed to travel by land and by sea to many places before those places were overrun but we did not make it to Croatia.  My concern and question is:

Have I missed my opportunity to enjoy Dubrovnik, Split, and other parts of Croatia due to tourist overcrowding?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts and suggestions,

-Melisa

We were at both Split and Dubrovnik last week. Split was not overly busy. It is a big ferry port, but handles well. Dubrovnik was busier, but not over run. There were 2 cruise ships in addition to the Surf, Celebrity Constellation and Marella Explorer, each with about 2000 guests. Dubrovnik pics below.

20220512_105524.jpg

20220512_101424.jpg

20220512_101640.jpg

20220512_111716.jpg

20220512_111719.jpg

20220512_105931.jpg

20220512_101109.jpg

20220512_111936.jpg

20220512_095900.jpg

20220512_100010.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Got a new phone today.

Root canal tomorrow and 10 am. 

Oh dear, Terri 😔  - best of luck with your root canal 🙏🏻 .  At least it’s early in the morning and will be over with.

17 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Today is our oldest grandson's 9th birthday. 🙂  We will be seeing him tomorrow, and his party will be on the 22nd when he and his brother have their yearly joint birthday party (little brother's birthday is June 2).

A very happy birthday to your grandson & an early happy birthday wish to your brother.

41E7EA09-4D4F-473E-BAE6-FEC2CF8EFAED.jpeg.f9a51346c6a164e5d212071ac6655fca.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1