Back to Back and Diamond Plus Drinks

We have a back to back coming up and I was curious if we could use 5 drinks on the "last day of our cruise" and another 5 when the new cruise starts.  Typically on debarkation day we use a couple of drinks buying specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juice at the Wind Jammer, and a Powerade to go.  We figure why not, because it is pretty much use them or lose them.  Can we do that and then at some point everything resets when the new guests come on the ship?        

• Like 1

I would also like to know that! I've heard rumors that, yes, you can do that! Take advantage of those 5 freebies, using your old sea pass I assume, and then they will be on your new sea pass when you return to the ship. Anxious to hear more on this!

• Like 1

The answer is yes BUT only until those places close, generally before 8:30.  

As soon as you get back on the ship from the B2B process,  your new sea pass is ready to use.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

Yes, you can, but it depends on when Customer Service closes your account from the previous cruise.  I noticed on turnaround day (I was on the Navi for a 4b2b) that my wifi was good until about 10am.  Then, I could sign up again.

But, with drinks might work on the date, not the account closing.  I advise you to talk to either Customer Service or the Loyalty Ambassador to see what the cut-off is on turnaround day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcur said:

Yes, you can, but it depends on when Customer Service closes your account from the previous cruise.  I noticed on turnaround day (I was on the Navi for a 4b2b) that my wifi was good until about 10am.  Then, I could sign up again.

But, with drinks might work on the date, not the account closing.  I advise you to talk to either Customer Service or the Loyalty Ambassador to see what the cut-off is on turnaround day.

Seems our WiFi is always an issue on after the first leg of a B2B.  They system often  does not recognize a new account when we are back on board.

Early  morning coffee  drinks have not been an issue.  I've been able to get a specialty coffee from Cafe Promenade till about 8AM.   

m

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, surf4style said:

We have a back to back coming up and I was curious if we could use 5 drinks on the "last day of our cruise" and another 5 when the new cruise starts.  Typically on debarkation day we use a couple of drinks buying specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juice at the Wind Jammer, and a Powerade to go.  We figure why not, because it is pretty much use them or lose them.  Can we do that and then at some point everything resets when the new guests come on the ship?        

YES, you can definitely do this.     We used our vouchers in the morning for specialty coffees then when the sea pass for leg 1 was closed out and we received new sea pass cards as part of the check in process for b2bers.    The day starts all over again and 5 new vouchers will be loaded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seems our WiFi is always an issue on after the first leg of a B2B.  They system often  does not recognize a new account when we are back on board.

Early  morning coffee  drinks have not been an issue.  I've been able to get a specialty coffee from Cafe Promenade till about 8AM.   

m

All we did with our wifi was sign out and sign back in and everything worked fine.   

• Like 1

Just now, steveru621 said:

From what i've been able to tell at 10AM your old seapass card stops working.  

If your old seapass card worked on a B2B and you changed cabins you would be able to get into someone else's cabin.

When you go to the meeting place for b2bers they will scan your sea pass for one last time like they do if you were leaving the ship.      Our meeting was set up for 8:45 am.     We sat there until all passengers (other than b2bers) had disembarked and the ship was cleared out for that sailing.    We were then given our new sea pass cards and customs agents were present to view our passports.    We were done all this by 9:45ish     

Normally you would then be allowed to wander the empty ship but we were told we had to go to boleros and wait while they were deep cleaning and fogging the ship with sanitizer.    It was about 10: 30ish when we were let free and able to go back to our cabins or wherever we wanted.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When the new cruise would open up, I would just use the user name and password I formerly used, but did this as if I was setting up a new account.  But, I was in the same cabin for all 4 of my consecutive cruises.  

If it already recognized me, I would be prompted not to set up a new account, but to just sign in.  Or, it would accept my old info as starting the new account on the new cruise.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic:  When you are through with the re-embarkation and free to go about the ship, you CAN go back to your cabin.  I did this on the Navigator, Vision, and Jewel over the last 3 months.  The doors are not locked, and you just tell any crew members you are b2b.  I usually spent the morning in my cabin until lunch was served.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pcur said:

When you are through with the re-embarkation and free to go about the ship, you CAN go back to your cabin.

This is one of the nicest perks of going B2B IMO.  So nice to be able to go back to your room and relax….and you’re already unpacked !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pcur said:

Slightly off topic:  When you are through with the re-embarkation and free to go about the ship, you CAN go back to your cabin.  I did this on the Navigator, Vision, and Jewel over the last 3 months.  The doors are not locked, and you just tell any crew members you are b2b.  I usually spent the morning in my cabin until lunch was served.

It also helps if you are friendly and exchange greetings with all of the attendants as you walk up and down your halls during your first cruise.  They just look up and smile and don't challenge you, because they know you already.  🙂 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, pcur said:

I love to quote @pcur's posts.  😉  

In my opinion and experience, "it is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission."

Don't talk to anyone.

Just ask for your drinks.  If you get them, you get them.  If you don't, you don't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, surf4style said:

Yes, after midnight you can use your 5 drinks on your old card; and then with your new card on your new cruise you get 5 more drinks 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surf4style said:

I was doing B2B’s on the Navigator in January and February, either late January or February, the policy changed and the morning of disembarkation, the bar up by WJ was not serving alcohol, it was all locked up and you could only get non alcoholic drinks, but still could use your D+ vouchers before the ship closed the sailing. Previously it was nice to be able to get some canned items like Fosters oil can, and Trulys or a mimosa with breakfast, got a glass of champagne and made my own for a bigger serving.

I also tried on the last evening of the Navigator cruise to stay up till after midnight and see if the ‘new’ vouchers were loaded so I could get some canned alcoholic drinks to take back to my cabin, since I knew the policy was changed about no alcohol available on disembarkation morning. Nope, bartender told me the ‘new’ vouchers were not yet available and this was at 12:30 am. I decided I would wait till after I had breakfast and just get some sodas. As this was the policy on my Navigator sailing, you experience may be different on another ship/sailing.

We just did a b2b (also did one in Nov/Dec) and used our freebies for specialty coffee the day we got off the ship.  Bars are not open in the am.  I'm assuming you can get champagne, mimosa or bloody mary in the dining room/WJ but never tried.  But, who the heck can drink 5 of anything prior to debarkation time?  I'm pretty sure "new" vouchers are added once reboarding starts for the next cruise and people are checked in.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When you go to the meeting place for b2bers they will scan your sea pass for one last time like they do if you were leaving the ship.      Our meeting was set up for 8:45 am.     We sat there until all passengers (other than b2bers) had disembarked and the ship was cleared out for that sailing.    We were then given our new sea pass cards and customs agents were present to view our passports.    We were done all this by 9:45ish     

Normally you would then be allowed to wander the empty ship but we were told we had to go to boleros and wait while they were deep cleaning and fogging the ship with sanitizer.    It was about 10: 30ish when we were let free and able to go back to our cabins or wherever we wanted.       

We just got off a B2B on Explorer.  Went to the pool before 8 am and just relaxed.  Our B2B meeting was 9:15, but due to tons of issues, they were not ready.  We waited about 1/2 and told them we were going to go back to the pool and just let us know they were ready.  Once process was over (took a LONGGG time, we could get into our cabin immediately and just chilled at the pool.  We did not try to go anywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not our experience from 3 b2b cruises.  No scanning of our cards at the meeting place as they had us scan them as we walked off the ship and they gave us our new cards either prior to walking off or in the terminal (done both).  Also, we had to stay off the ship until they were ready for everyone to board (so they could deep clean).  We were back onboard pretty quickly for this last one on EN.  We did just walk by the Customs agents and show our passports, but twice we had to wait for a bit to reboard.   All three times, they reboarded us and immediately started regular boarding.  

Our experience is every ship and port handles it a little bit differently.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I love to quote @pcur's posts.  😉  

In my opinion and experience, "it is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission."

Don't talk to anyone.

Just ask for your drinks.  If you get them, you get them.  If you don't, you don't.

Me?  I would get embarrassed if I asked and they said no.  Especially if they already knew me from the previous cruise.  I would hear this unspoken echo of "you idiot" inside my  head. 😁

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

From what i've been able to tell at 10AM your old seapass card stops working.  

If your old seapass card worked on a B2B and you changed cabins you would be able to get into someone else's cabin.

Your signature is really perfect. Last cruise there was a couple that were just off the rails, complaining about EVERY thing. I have never heard so much unhappiness while on a fabulous cruise ship with lovely weather and calm seas. Some people are just never able to see the light in the room or else, are trying to get some OBC or even a FFC. Maybe, your signature should become a line in the cruise contract? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, surf4style said:

idk if my ships just have different policies but neither liberty or grandeur have fresh squeezed OJ the morning of departure. They tell me it's their policy they dont offer it the last morning. 

Yes to the others you can get at the coffee shop.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

This is one of the nicest perks of going B2B IMO.  So nice to be able to go back to your room and relax….and you’re already unpacked !

I am usually the opposite.   if weather permits, I like to grab a lounger and sit by the pool or the sun deck and read and people watch all the new cruisers boarding and the looks of amazement and being lost on most of their faces.    A lot will look at you and wonder how the heck you got to the pool so quick if you just boarded😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BND said:

Not our experience from 3 b2b cruises.  No scanning of our cards at the meeting place as they had us scan them as we walked off the ship and they gave us our new cards either prior to walking off or in the terminal (done both).  Also, we had to stay off the ship until they were ready for everyone to board (so they could deep clean).  We were back onboard pretty quickly for this last one on EN.  We did just walk by the Customs agents and show our passports, but twice we had to wait for a bit to reboard.   All three times, they reboarded us and immediately started regular boarding.  

Our experience is every ship and port handles it a little bit differently.

Yes, each ship and each port does handle differently.      The difference with your b2b cruises and our b2b cruises was we never the left we stayed in the royal theater and did our final swipe of our sea pass cards as we entered the theater.    Customs agents came to the theater doorway viewed our passports then a royal person handed us an envelope with our new sea pass cards.

This process was at Cape Liberty NJ    

Edited by Sunshine3601