The worst cruise we have experienced.

kcmufan

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

It would be helpful to know the cabin location, but the OP never replied.

I can tell you we were forward Caribe deck balcony and no issues.  I found the crew to be excellent and our crew was great this year we did 6 weeks on her before the dry dock.  Some at GS were fairly new, as with most ships, they are still learning.

So, you could check on some of the current roll calls and see how it is.

I wouldn’t believe 1 person who complains and never comes back on the forum.  JMo

Couldn’t agree with your last sentence more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I wouldn’t believe 1 person who complains and never comes back on the forum.

well, 20 hours could hardly be called "never". Some people actually have lives outside of this forum.

I'd give OP another chance.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Glad we canceled our Caribbean Princess cruise before final payment…it’s just one of several reasons this Princess fan has canceled our future cruises & are exploring other cruise lines.

All you need to do is book yourself on one of the newer ships such as the Discovery, Enchanted or Sky and you will be able to avoid many of the dilemmas that occur when you sail on one of the older rust buckets that these problems occur on.  There is no need to write off an entire cruise line because of the problems on a few older ships.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The Caribbean Princess was built in 2004, the Navigator OTS was built in 2002.  What makes you think it'll be smooth sailing?

I don’t think it’s the age, I think it’s the upkeep.  I haven’t read any complaints about the Navigator OTS but i’ve read many about the Caribbean Princess.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We also had a noro outbreak during that sailing.

Please explain how this ship in particular, or any given ship for that matter, can be blamed for a noro outbreak. 
Wouldn’t a noro outbreak be a function of poor pax personal hygiene?

Sounds like piling on to me.   

• Like 13

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I can tell you we were forward Caribe deck balcony and no issues.  I found the crew to be excellent and our crew was great this year we did 6 weeks on her before the dry dock.  Some at GS were fairly new, as with most ships, they are still learning.

So, you could check on some of the current roll calls and see how it is.

I wouldn’t believe 1 person who complains and never comes back on the forum.  JMo

I definitely agree. We wouldn't cancel a cruise based on one poster's experience and one sailing. But it calls for more checking. 

We actually like older ships. They are generally smaller, have a promenade deck and better lounges. The mega-ships don't really appeal to us. Glad to hear you had no issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We also like the older ships - the Ruby being our favorite - just sailed the Ruby from JUne 29th to JUly 9th ( Alaska) and was one of the best ever and we have done a lot on Princess...just goes to show we all have different opinions....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess 4 times since it was built.  Most recent cruises were May 2018 and just this year end of Feb 2022.  I love that ship but that is because we have never had any of the problems that are being reported after that drydock this year.  It sure makes me wonder.  I will continue to monitor the problems as favorite or not, I have 2 balcony cabins reserved for myself, my grandson and his wife for April 2023.  If I continue to see many complaints, then we will look at other ships within Princess or other cruise lines.  Plumbing issues are a deal breaker for me unless they are fixed in short order.  We were also on the Grand Princess years ago and our toilet had the delayed flushing problem, but it was rapidly taken care of with just one call to Guest Services.  I do hope the OP comes back and lets us know his cabin number.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Please explain how this ship in particular, or any given ship for that matter, can be blamed for a noro outbreak. 
Wouldn’t a noro outbreak be a function of poor pax personal hygiene?

Sounds like piling on to me.   

Because once there is an outbreak, the same people doing the deep clean are themselves infected, thats why its usually more than one cruise in a row.

4 hours ago, eclue said:

We also like the older ships - the Ruby being our favorite - just sailed the Ruby from JUne 29th to JUly 9th ( Alaska) and was one of the best ever and we have done a lot on Princess...just goes to show we all have different opinions....

Our first cruise on Princess was the Ruby to Alaska as well....we loved it and would have loved to have booked her again.

53 minutes ago, Level six said:

I never get email notifications?  

I believe the default position is to receive notifications, but it is something you can turn off. When you reply to any post you have the option to follow the topic.

Dare I say it?  “Oh, crap!”  I’m trying to get 4 friends to go with me on CB in December for a 10 day Panama Canal cruise.  I don’t want them all p!ssed at me because we are on a stinky ship.  (All puns intended.). Following …..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I believe the default position is to receive notifications, but it is something you can turn off. When you reply to any post you have the option to follow the topic.

I have had my email notifications turned off for years. The only way I know is by the notification bell at the top of the page but you have to be on CC to see that. So maybe the OP has theirs turned off just like you said.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

neither do I because I don't follow any of the threads in order to get them. 

You do not need to follow a thread to receive an email notification that someone has replied to your post.  I never follow any posts (perhaps a rare exception of a Roll Call) and yet I receive the emails.

Also, anytime you are logged in to Cruise Critic website, you are alerted to any post replies or reactions to your posts or to any mentions in other posts (as long as the proper "@" symbol format is used.

ETA:  It's been so long that I looked at my settings, I forgot all of the options and flexibility.  So, notifications/alerts on the CC website as well as email notices could all be turned off.  Didn't realize CC alerts for posts could be turned off.  It could be the OP turned all that stuff off after joining.  Perhaps they don't care what anyone else here has to say or ask.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps they don't care what anyone else here has to say or ask

Why would they? Seems like they were just sharing a bad experience. I know I don’t care what anyone else has to say when I post. In fact, many, if not most, of my posts get removed before anyone sees them.

Edited by billco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

All you need to do is book yourself on one of the newer ships such as the Discovery, Enchanted or Sky and you will be able to avoid many of the dilemmas that occur when you sail on one of the older rust buckets that these problems occur on.  There is no need to write off an entire cruise line because of the problems on a few older ships.

We live in Florida and usually have that option of choosing a newer ship. 

Why anyone who has that choice would consider an old ship is puzzling.

Maybe they just love the older design or the itinerary?

Neither of which are important to us since we visit the Caribbean numerous time a year. 

• Like 1