The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 5th, 2022

richwmn

Interesting days - Hooray for clean underwear and beer.  Will forego oyster due to shellfish allergy.  Loved them when I could eat them!

Many thanks to those who wished me well with pulmonologist visit yesterday.  It is now official - what I had suspected for quite a while.  The doctors have been "dancing around" telling me.  I have pulmonary fibrosis, but it has not progressed in well over a year.  At this point nothing to do, but adopt a wait and see attitude.  I am very active and otherwise in fairly good health for 80 years old!

@rafinmdyou can remove my Dsis from the Cares List.  She is doing fine, and it will takes months for her skin to grow back from the abrasions, and her bruises will heal in time!

It looks overcast today, but don't think there is rain in the forecast.  Just warm!  @Quartzsite Cruiser, we are fortunate, as the nearby flash flooding in a burn scar area will not affect anyone - that particular fire was in an uninhabited area with desert-y type vegetation.  Really only populated by oil rigs!

Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary to those celebrating!

Have a great day everyone.

Mary Kay

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LoraJ said:

We're supposed to be on the Eurodam tomorrow, but flights are getting canceled due to weather, worried we won't make it. 😞 Would we be able to board in Juneau if we can make it there by Monday?

Did you intend to post to this thread?  It's unlikely that would be allowed since that would be a voyage from Juneau to Seattle and violate the PVSA.  It wouldn't hurt to ask someone official though; you might be allowed to board in Juneau and disembark in Victoria.  Not likely but conceivable.

Roy

• Like 16

Good afternoon friends!  We arrived safely although with the way some people drive it's an achievement I would say.  A UPS driver nearly hit us with his trailer and a minivan driver failed to check over his shoulder and almost sideswiped us too.  So happy we made it in one piece.  I like cruising because we can leave the driving to the Captain!

Thanks for the Daily Rich and thanks Roy for the lists today.  Hurray for underwear, but I don't care for beer or oysters.  I have never been to Le Verdon but went to Bordeaux twice on Prinsendam maybe with @smitty34877!!  Le Verdon was our port of the day on Sept. 3, 2021.  Thanks for everyone who posted the Bordeaux photos.  I wonder how Le Verdon compares?

Well Sadie is way, way busier than her predecessor Gracie, even when she was just a puppy.  I've had my arms and palm licked numerous times but she refuses to obey my NO.  There's a lot of work to do here with her!  

Sharon @Sharon in AZhappy birthday to your DGD!

Charlene @cunnorlhappy 44th anniversary to you both!  

Happy Birthday to @Tbayand your DGS!  Nice you share the date!  But I'm sorry to hear about the Covid in the family.  And the painter/drywall issues must be very annoying going on this long.  Good luck with that!

Jacqui @kazuglad that Little Shadow is coming along.  I know it takes a lot out of you with all your responsibilities but I hope it will all be worth it.  Darn on the fridge problem!  Why do we all have those old refrigerators that still work so well?  Ours is a 26 year old Amana which is in our garage and holds the extra freezer items plus the wine, beer and water.  Never fails!  (Hope I haven't jinxed it since I'm not in close proximity to it here).🤞

Terri @Cruzin Terriyes I wore the compression knee socks on the drive.  Knee still hurt along the way but I'm not swollen.  We stopped for a rest break, again for a fuel break while prices were so much lower further south, and when we got to Cincinnati stopped for a bite to eat just before we arrived at DD's house.  That's more than we usually stop.  

Well, better go.  A lot more going on here than at our house!🤪

• Like 26

Interesting days! I prefer wine to beer, underwear -- don't leave home without it! lol! and I love oysters - the grilled version in New Orleans are my favorite!

Had an interesting experience with HAL customer service today. First I called the PCC number & put in my late, great agent's extension. Got the message that he was no longer was with HAL (sniff!) & I would be tranferred to another PCC. Well after a short 10-minute wait, I was connected to a Princess agent!! She was as confused as I was & gave me the number for HAL customer service. Nope, she couldn't connect me, so I had to call back in.  Another 10 minute wait to get an agent who ended up telling me that no, I couldn't rebook my 2023 VoV under the "Book Early" promo. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was disconnected.

Decided to eat my lunch & cool down a bit.  Called back Customer Service & an agent picked up the line after 15 minutes. She actually said I could do it, but it would cost me more. I knew that and asked for a quote, which the previous agent never provided, even though I asked her twice. Quote provided & with the inclusion of the HIA & the Book Early, it doesn't seem that outrageous. 

Texted my traveling companion (Sis) and waiting for her response. We'll see!

On a more peaceful note, here's a visitor that came to the bufferfly buffet yesterday, before the storms hit.

butterfly.jpg

• Like 25

Good afternoon.  We survived the drive to Dallas and back on I-35E.  It was certainly a lot busier today than on Tuesday.  

The nurse practioner was pretty through with her questions and exam.  After looking at the CT scan from last month and doing some tests, she ordered and MRI.  Fortunately, we can have it done closer to home at the same place that did the CT scan.  Even though our PCP thought DH's symptoms all matched those of NPH, she wasn't so sure.  However, DH did some research on line while I was in W-M on the way home.  It turns out, the medical sites have what she was seeing as symptoms.  I guess we'll see what they find on the MRI which will give a more detailed view of the brain.  DH has a follow up with the nurse practioner on August 23, a Tuesday.  For now, we are still in the wait and see mode.

@Tbay  🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND YOUR DGD! 🎈  Sorry your DH has tested positive and I hope he feels better soon.  Also, hope your DGS feels better soon too.

@JazzyV  😱  Yikes, Vanessa that the Covid levels in your area are now high.  Glad you are masking and taking precautions.  Everyone at the clinic, including the people at the valet parking, were masked, and all patients were required to mask.

@cruzn single  Mary Kay, I'm sorry your lung problems have progressed and become pulmonary fibrosis, but it is good it has not changed in the past year.  Stay healthy and active.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you arrived safely at your DD;s.  I agree that drivers are getting crazier and crazier.

@NextOne  It's good you tried again.  Persistence can pay off.  Whatever, you and your DS decided, enjoy the planning and the cruise.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  We survived the drive to Dallas and back on I-35E.  It was certainly a lot busier today than on Tuesday.  

The nurse practioner was pretty through with her questions and exam.  After looking at the CT scan from last month and doing some tests, she ordered and MRI.  Fortunately, we can have it done closer to home at the same place that did the CT scan.  Even though our PCP thought DH's symptoms all matched those of NPH, she wasn't so sure.  However, DH did some research on line while I was in W-M on the way home.  It turns out, the medical sites have what she was seeing as symptoms.  I guess we'll see what they find on the MRI which will give a more detailed view of the brain.  DH has a follow up with the nurse practioner on August 23, a Tuesday.  For now, we are still in the wait and see mode.

OMIGOSH, Lenda!  Thought Steve was supposed to see a neurosurgeon this time!  Is there any way that, once you get the MRI, you can see a physician?  If it is NPH it is imperative to get the shunt sooner, not later, to forestall permanent (irreversible) damage.  I pray that you don't have to go through what I suffered with my ex.  Nurse practitioners are generally pretty good but I've heard it said that ARNP means Are Really Not (a) Physician.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 17

31 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

OMIGOSH, Lenda!  Thought Steve was supposed to see a neurosurgeon this time!  Is there any way that, once you get the MRI, you can see a physician?  If it is NPH it is imperative to get the shunt sooner, not later, to forestall permanent (irreversible) damage.  I pray that you don't have to go through what I suffered with my ex.  Nurse practitioners are generally pretty good, but we used to say ARNP means Are Really Not (a) Physician.

UT Southwestern uses a screening process with the NP, and it would have been the end of September before we could see a doctor.  We'd hoped by going this route, he could get the MRI sooner and then see a doctor sooner..

We just found out the MRI is a week from Monday with the next visit with the NP on the 23rd.  This will give them time to get the MRI and review it.

This should have been caught last fall when DH saw the neurologist at Baylor, Scott and White in Temple, but he did not think a cat scan was needed.

The neurosurgeon in Waco who referred DH to UT Southwestern told us that in his opinion, the shunt and back surgery would help DH, but he was not expecting him to get 100 percent results, after so long.

We wouldn't be as far along as we are if our PCP's PA hadn't orfered the cat scan tge doctors failed to order.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 9

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I just bought new underwear for DH,DD and myself for our upcoming trip.  So good to celebrate. Never cared for beer and have not had an oyster in a long time, although I do like them.

My eye shot was bothersome yesterday. My eye ran like a river all day. Does that sometimes. So I was in wearing sunglasses with the shades down all day. Fine today!  

Today is our 44rth wedding anniversary.  Where did the years go? We are going out to a late lunch this afternoon in between the lunch and dinner crowds.  We try to avoid crowds as much as we can. It is outside so it will be nice. 

Golf tomorrow morning. We will be first off so hopefully there will be a little breeze. Havent played all week which is very unusual.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

@cunnorlCharlene - I have been putting up with a monthly eye shot for a couple of years now; just had one day before yesterday.  I used to suffer a few hours with copious tears and inflammation, sometimes worse than others after the injection.  I found that the irritation was due to the anesthetic they used to cleanse the eye just before the shot.  They used betadine and it had to be really well flushed out with water after the injection or it would be painful.  My doctor now uses a different anesthetic, chlorhexidine gluconate .1% and I no longer have the tears and irritation after the procedure.  I looked it up and it is a commonly used mouth wash. I know that this may not interest all Dailyites, but if it helps one it is worth it.

Ray 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

@cunnorlCharlene - I have been putting up with a monthly eye shot for a couple of years now; just had one day before yesterday.  I used to suffer a few hours with copious tears and inflammation, sometimes worse than others after the injection.  I found that the irritation was due to the anesthetic they used to cleanse the eye just before the shot.  They used betadine and it had to be really well flushed out with water after the injection or it would be painful.  My doctor now uses a different anesthetic, chlorhexidine gluconate .1% and I no longer have the tears and irritation after the procedure.  I looked it up and it is a commonly used mouth wash. I know that this may not interest all Dailyites, but if it helps one it is worth it.

Ray 

What helps one of us is always welcome.

Roy

• Like 17

Hello, all!  Busy gardening day today, I'm late a nd tired.

My darling daughter sent me this today.  I'm going to apple pie her bed.

Subject: Fwd: TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS

#1 - Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.
#2 - “In Style” are the clothes that still fit.
#3 - You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.
#4 - Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.
#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, “I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it.”
#6 - “On time” is when you get there.
#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it sure does muffle the sound.
#8 - It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?
#9 - Lately, you've noticed people your age are so much older than you.
#10 - Growing old should have taken longer.
#11 - Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.
#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age and hope you never will.

. . . And one more:
“One for the road” means peeing before you leave the house

• Like 11
  • Haha 11

It was a busy day today, but I got a lot done.  I paid bills, got everything straightened out with the IRS, cleaned bathrooms, swept floors and called a realtor to come give me an idea of what I can get for my house.  My sister will be retiring at the end of March and then we'll be moving in together in our retirement home.  That necessitates a move on my part from northeast Ohio to Michigan.  I'm kind of looking forward to it except for the packing and unpacking.  Ughh.  

@garlictown Welcome back!

@cunnorl

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.9093121e111e220fd7c8ef00836309fb.jpg

@Tbay and your DGC

1256919752_HappyBirthday3.jpg.dbb98cbcd664cc2202274257ef30fe45.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Terri @Cruzin Terriyes I wore the compression knee socks on the drive.  Knee still hurt along the way but I'm not swollen.  We stopped for a rest break, again for a fuel break while prices were so much lower further south, and when we got to Cincinnati stopped for a bite to eat just before we arrived at DD's house.  That's more than we usually stop.  

Sandi, I am proud of you for wearing your compression stockings and for stopping to rest and eat.

I hope the whole trip goes well and you will soon feel better.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

OK, its the end of the world again.  Dollar Tree didn't have regular Kleenex.  So we left.  Now I need Kleenex.  Oh well another over priced shopping day tomorrow.  after work.

I know my old cat Irving is in dementia.  He thinks he is ferocious, and is stalking the baby Furnando.

He goes to the back room, where the litter box used to be, but was moved about two months ago, and stands in the space where the box was.  And he goes to where the food is, but refuses to eat.  DH does not think this is a problem, but I do.  I am afraid that Irving will starve to death when we are on our cruise.   He will eat my food, but not cat food.  I was hoping our sitter could  bring him treats, but our sitter went vegetarian this past year.  arghhh!

• Like 9

Thank you all very much for the anniversary wishes. Made my day. We went to lunch down at the port, we were between the lunch and dinner crowds. Worked out great.  As we were leaving there were a lot of people coming in to watch the ships leave. When I got home, there was a bouquet of roses at my door. No idea where they came from. No card. It is a mystery. I have called a few friends but so far no luck.  

@USN59-79  Ray- Thank you for the tip. I will talk to my Doctor about it at the next appointment. Sometimes it is better than others.  But it is working and I have not lost any vision, so really very little to complain about. 

This thread is amazing. Cruisers helping others with all levels of information. So thoughtful and caring.

• Like 13

I will try again.

Today was a comedy of errors.

If it could go wrong, it did. Especially tonight.  

First of all, i was unable to sleep last night. When we got home yesterday we l decided to have a Margarita.  I think that helped to keep me awake.  i had all of 2 1/2 hours of sleep last nig ht.  I am dead tired and will probably going to bed right after I finish this.  I am really having trouble typing this tonight,. 

The good news is that i do not have any pain in my hands today.,  Nor do I have pain in my knee.  I thank God for that and Dr, Shapiro.  He knows what he is doing. God Bless him.

I was just too tired to do all the things I had planned for today.  So I didn’tdo them.

Tonight we expected to barbecue Sea Bass and corn on the cob.  Well first of all, the starter would not work.  So we changed the battery.  Okay, that was fixed.  Then we lit the barbecue.  Went out to put the corn on the grill and found out that the canister was empty.  It is a small grill with small canisters,.  We l were just too lazy to go out to the garage and get another canister.  So we moved to the kitchen and cooked the corn in the Breville Oven and then did the Sea Bass afterward.  it just took a long time.  We finally ate at 8 pm, which Is quite late for us.

That is why there is no photo of the sunset tonight.  i really don’t even know if there was a pretty sunset to capture.

So there you have it. 

Thank your Rich for the Fleet Report and the Daily.  Appreciate it.  

The Days are interesting Don’t care for beer.  Change my underwear every day and like oysters but haven’t had any for quite a while.  

Like the quote

Pass on the meal, the drink and wine.

Oh, have been to Bordeaux.  We were on a land tour of France and spent two days there. Also stopped there on an Oceania cruise and did a wine tour in St. Emilion.  Also good shopping there on Rue Ste . Catherine.  Enjoyed the port.

Prayers for all who need them and cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

I am tired and ready to get some shuteye.

God Bless to all of you.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 14

48 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@rafinmd You look very spiffy in your new avatar!!!

I was going to say the same thing!

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I will try again.

Today was a comedy of errors.

If it could go wrong, it did. Especially tonight.  

First of all, i was unable to sleep last night. When we got home yesterday we decided to have a Margarita.  I think that helped to keep me awake.  i had all of 2 1/2 hours of sleep lask night.  I am dead tired and will probably going to bed right after I finish this.  I am really having trouble typing this tonight,. 

The good news is that i do not have any pain in my hands today.,  Nor do I have pain in my knee.  I thank God for that and Dr, Shapiro.  He knows what he is doing. God Bless him.

I was just too tired to do all the things I had planned for today.  So I didn’t do them.

Tonight we expected to barbecue Sea Bass and corn on the cob.  Well first of all, the started would not work.  So we changed the battery.  Okay, that was fixed.  Then we lit the barbecue.  Went out to put the corn on the grill and found out that the canister was empty.  It is a small grill with small canisters,.  We were just too lazy to go out to the garage and get another canister.  So we moved to the kitchen and cooked the corn in the Breville Oven and then did the Sea Bass afterward.  it just took a long time.  We finally ate at 8 pm, which Is quite late for us.

That is why there is no photo of the sunset tonight.  i really don’t even know if there was a pretty sunset to capture.

So there you have it. 

Thank your Rich for the Fleet Report and the Daily.  Appreciate it.  

The Days are interesting Don’t care for beer.  Change my underwear every day and like oysters but haven’t had any for quite a while.  

Like the quote

Pass on the meal, the drink and wine.

Oh, have been to Bordeaux.  We were on a land tour of France and spent two days there. Also stopped there on an Oceania cruise and did a wine tour in St. Emilion.  Also good shopping there on Rue Ste . Catherine.  Enjoyed the port.

Prayers for all who need them and cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

I am tired and ready to get some shuteye.

God Bless to all of you.

Terri

Sounds like a day to forget!   I'm glad to hear about the pain relief, but sleep well tonight.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

It was a busy day today, but I got a lot done.  I paid bills, got everything straightened out with the IRS, cleaned bathrooms, swept floors and called a realtor to come give me an idea of what I can get for my house.  My sister will be retiring at the end of March and then we'll be moving in together in our retirement home.  That necessitates a move on my part from northeast Ohio to Michigan.  I'm kind of looking forward to it except for the packing and unpacking.  Ughh.  

You sound like a bundle of energy. 

Terri

• Like 7

15 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I just bought new underwear for DH,DD and myself for our upcoming trip.  So good to celebrate. Never cared for beer and have not had an oyster in a long time, although I do like them.

My eye shot was bothersome yesterday. My eye ran like a river all day. Does that sometimes. So I was in wearing sunglasses with the shades down all day. Fine today!  

Today is our 44rth wedding anniversary.  Where did the years go? We are going out to a late lunch this afternoon in between the lunch and dinner crowds.  We try to avoid crowds as much as we can. It is outside so it will be nice. 

Golf tomorrow morning. We will be first off so hopefully there will be a little breeze. Havent played all week which is very unusual.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Happy Anniversary!!  ❤️🍾🥂

14 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We have been to Bordeaux twice on the Prinsendam and always enjoyed our visits. I have not had oysters in a long time but love them. I also used to love beer but have not had any since drinking and I parted ways many years ago.

This morning everyone but Tana tested negative. The nurse yesterday was hoping she would start to feel better by next week and we are all hoping for that. 

Happy Anniversary to  @cunnorl

Happy Birthday to the DGD of @Sharon in AZ

0E57380E-7F3C-44A6-A9AB-52D9090D849A.jpeg

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I enjoy a good darker beer occasionally, but none on hand. Underwear is important, lol. No to oysters for me. Good quote. Pass on the meal (fish is a no generally), drink and wine ($$$). I'll take Roy's meal.

I have not been to Le Verdon. Thanks for the pictures @Quartzsite Cruiser @smitty34877

It's warm and muggy here. Storms later and flood warnings. I was dripping wet just out doing some watering. I think I'll do more decluttering in the basement this afternoon. Our community level of Covid-19 was raised to high yesterday. As usual, I wore my mask going to the PO and grocery store this morning, and saw more people also doing the same.

@kazu Sorry to hear about the fridge situation. Take time for yourself; we'll be here. And it sounds like Shadow is coming along nicely.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels today. 

@Sharon in AZ Enjoy the family dinner tonight and celebrating DGD's birthday.

@dfish I'm glad Donna is getting the antiviral treatment. Funny on the beer while mowing!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good luck with DH's appointment and safe travels.

@cunnorl Happy Anniversary! 🍾

@smitty34877 I'm glad you are all testing negative and pray Tana does too in the near future.

@ger_77 That dinner out tonight sounds like a fun time.

@Tbay Wow, lots going on in your house. It's so hard here to find people who will show up and do a good job. I need some painting done and dread finding a painter. Years ago I would have done it myself. Sorry to hear of DH's positive test and I hope you stay negative. Early Happy Birthday!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon friends!  We arrived safely although with the way some people drive it's an achievement I would say.  A UPS driver nearly hit us with his trailer and a minivan driver failed to check over his shoulder and almost sideswiped us too.  So happy we made it in one piece.  I like cruising because we can leave the driving to the Captain!

Thanks for the Daily Rich and thanks Roy for the lists today.  Hurray for underwear, but I don't care for beer or oysters.  I have never been to Le Verdon but went to Bordeaux twice on Prinsendam maybe with @smitty34877!!  Le Verdon was our port of the day on Sept. 3, 2021.  Thanks for everyone who posted the Bordeaux photos.  I wonder how Le Verdon compares?

Well Sadie is way, way busier than her predecessor Gracie, even when she was just a puppy.  I've had my arms and palm licked numerous times but she refuses to obey my NO.  There's a lot of work to do here with her!  

Sharon @Sharon in AZhappy birthday to your DGD!

Charlene @cunnorlhappy 44th anniversary to you both!  

Happy Birthday to @Tbayand your DGS!  Nice you share the date!  But I'm sorry to hear about the Covid in the family.  And the painter/drywall issues must be very annoying going on this long.  Good luck with that!

Jacqui @kazuglad that Little Shadow is coming along.  I know it takes a lot out of you with all your responsibilities but I hope it will all be worth it.  Darn on the fridge problem!  Why do we all have those old refrigerators that still work so well?  Ours is a 26 year old Amana which is in our garage and holds the extra freezer items plus the wine, beer and water.  Never fails!  (Hope I haven't jinxed it since I'm not in close proximity to it here).🤞

Well, better go.  A lot more going on here than at our house!🤪

Thank you all for your Birthday wishes!  

Roy @rafinmd — I noticed your new picture right away!  Looking spiffy!

@Tbay Happy Birthday!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2