The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 13th, 2022

richwmn

9 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Yesterday the vacuum cleaner died so a replacement is on the agenda for today since there is no sales tax.

That time again.  Your vaccum and my microwave.  Right in the middle of making lunch.  I was a lot happier with the old one than I am with the new one.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thank you everyone for your concerns and caring.

I’m sorry I haven’t been on - I am kind of frozen except when working with Shadow.  I am seriously depressed.  
I have gotten very depressed over this and when I am not taking care of her, I become frozen or searching for answers.  Now I am overwhelmed.  I think this stress has raised my grief to a new level.  I am seeing my doctor next week and attending grief counselling next Wednesday.  

I have decided that life stinks.  I just can’t keep up to the Daily right now, sorry.  I will be back but right now, I’m not my best and have no good news.

Oh no, Jacqui. My heart bleeds for you and Shadow and this terrible situation. You have every right to be seriously depressed. You are doing everything possible to help Shadow.  I am happy and relieved to see that you will see your doctor next week and will be attending grief counselling. When I attended grief counselling; actually grief recovery classes; I was taught that the best thing to do for someone who is greiving is to be a heart with ears. Anytime you feel the need to express your concerns please come back and we will all be  hearts with ears for you. 

That said sometimes we just need to take it to the Lord in Prayer. I will be praying for you.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

That time again.  Your vaccum and my microwave.  Right in the middle of making lunch.  I was a lot happier with the old one than I am with the new one.

Roy

We bought a Shark vacuum.  The good sister really likes hers and the price wasn’t outrageous.  I gave it a quick run to make sure it works.  The little area I ran it on I liked how it worked.  Tax free weekend was a bonus.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rowsby said:

What a fantastic plan...!!

Is this something that will happen quickly.....possibly even before your next cruise in October....???

Or will you be "threading the needle" between cruises.....:)

Timing on this is somewhat fluid.  I would like to time it to move in November.   I can sell my house in Ohio and I have a place to stay in Michigan until I can get into a place, if need be.

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's so nice to hear you are going home to live in retirement with your family all around.  Midland is a great little city so this sounds perfect!  Good luck house hunting!🏡

It is a nice city.   I think we'll be happy here.

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

@dfish thank you for the recipe. The retirement move sounds like an excellent idea. Happy house hunting with your DS!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Debbie @dfishsorry about the rain on the day of the family picnic -- good thing you have a covered area.  Good news about the choices of homes for you!

Thanks!   We are lucky as it is still a good time to sell, but in Midland things are moderating a bit and it is getting better for buyers.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thank you everyone for your concerns and caring.

I’m sorry I haven’t been on - I am kind of frozen except when working with Shadow.  I am seriously depressed.  In my opinion, this dog should never have been shipped.

So they say if I can’t keep her they will ship her back to Egypt.  WTH?  That is outright cruel IMO.  

She either needs some sort of help or frankly, should possibly be put down.  Her rescuer is adamant that she is a miracle dog and took her to 3 vets until she found one that said she would make it.  Just because you can survive distemper doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for the dog.  Sometimes you have to end the pain.

She is a sweet thing but you can see her brain spin trying to figure out how to get to different places.  That’s why she prances and jumps like a goat.  I have found a place for disabled dogs in Nova Scotia IF they will accept her.

they are concerned as she has had distemper and say it sheds for months (I didn’t know that, honestly but my dogs were all vaccinated and avoided it).  They need a ton of stuff that we don’t have yet.  The vet is being consulted tomorrow to see if she can be helped with braces or something.  I did now she had distemper but was told the only problem was her tongue which she moves weirdly.  I was fine with that.  Now I find out it has damaged the nerves in her back.  

My trainer was back out today as she feels so badly  (today was free as she feels the same pain I do).   She won’t come to us if we are on certain parts of the lawn as it’s too hard for her to manoeuvre. Distemper can affect dogs neurologically and her brain swims trying to figure things out..  But, if we sit on the deck she knows the path to get to us.  She has literally created paths outside where there are the fewest bumps or hills.

I have gotten very depressed over this and when I am not taking care of her, I become frozen or searching for answers.  I haven’t even got my spread sheets updated for my cruises (will try tonight - I’m a week behind) and that always gave me joy.  Now I am overwhelmed.  I think this stress has raised my grief to a new level.  I am seeing my doctor next week and attending grief counselling next Wednesday.  

This dog will never be walked properly IMO - she’s too unsteady.  She’s not frightened - she’s anxious.  She’s been fine meeting strangers.  And I won her over quickly.  She wants to be out instead of in the house because of her difficulty moving on the surfaces and, we all know that isn’t going to work in the winter.

I have been making her stay inside a few hours every day to try to adapt her (and of course she’s in at night).  She will sort of sit but every time she slips or falls, all the training falls by the wayside and she starts all over again.

She now wears a leash every time she is out so I can make her come in easier.  I don’t think she should be put through that flight and the crate to go back to Egypt.  I don’t think she should be in a crate with her issues, period - ever.

I have decided that life stinks.  I just can’t keep up to the Daily right now, sorry.  I will be back but right now, I’m not my best and have no good news.

Jacqui, I am so sorry for you and for Shadow.   Know that I'd love to be there to lift you up, but will have to settle for virtual hugs.   I am really glad to read that you will be getting grief therapy.  Do take care of yourself first.   I hope you can find some peace and comfort.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

When I have felt that life is way too hard sometimes, I remember this

I hope it helps any one who needs it today.  If I put God in charge, I know there is a reason why I am going through whatever to learn something about myself.

587021b50cefa81dbef1a8e5d9658929.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thanks to all who posted pictures of Copenhagen.  We had a great visit there, and an amazing cruise from there.  The pictures brought back wonderful memories.

I flew in from Canada in the morning, and DH joined me from Saudi Arabia. We stayed in a hotel at the airport because it was a convenient place to meet.

Being tired we went to the hotel restaurant for dinner.  One piece of fish, a handful of fries, and water..... x2       $90 Canadian!   Yikes!   But I would go back in a heartbeat.    

• Like 11

Good evening! I’m late but had to comment because of the posts about Craig— it just cracked me up. Joy @Seasick Sailorhas met Craig and I had no idea Sandi’s @StLouisCruisers DH’s name was Dennis, and Carolyn @Cruising-along you will soon meet Craig. Really funny and made me laugh. 

Debbie @dfish — I hope everything works out for your move and purchase of a new home. We’ll have to talk more in October!

Jacqui @kazu, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you about Little Shadow. I know you will do the best thing for her and not send her back. That poor thing has been through so much and you have too. I truly believe that you both are meant for each other. 

Today has been a busy day. DGD is here and we are getting ready for a short vacay to Las Vegas. I probably won’t be posting for a few days, but I’ll read when I can and see you all soon. 

Have a good night!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening! I’m late but had to comment because of the posts about Craig— it just cracked me up. Joy @Seasick Sailorhas met Craig and I had no idea Sandi’s @StLouisCruisers DH’s name was Dennis, and Carolyn @Cruising-along you will soon meet Craig. Really funny and made me laugh. 

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and Craig soon!  

(I have now written down your DH's name (Craig) and Sandi's DH's name (Dennis) so hopefully that doesn't happen again.  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, durangoscots said:

JACQUIE....I am so sorry about Shadow. Why would they send her back????? She would just be put down there. If a rescue can not take...better she is put down here with lot of love. She has probably had the best days of her life with you.

+1

And if there is any possible good thing in this whole unfair, miserable situation, it’s that Shadow knew true love and comfort at some point in her life. ((((HUGS))))

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 13

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I think I speak for all of us when I say take care of yourself and Shadow.  I hope the place for disabled dogs will take her.  She definitely should not be put through the stress of being shipped back to Egypt.

We' will miss you, but your health comes first, and we'll be here when you are able to join us and when you need support.

(((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) 

Lenda

+1

• Like 6