Carnival under 18 curfew

asalligo

Is this new or has it just never been enforced? Someone has posted this on a facebook page as a new rule. I think I remember this being in place before Covid. I think it is just not enforced. 

Minor Guest Policy | Carnival Cruise Line

Youth Curfew
Guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult in their traveling party, 21 years of age or older, must be clear of all public areas by 1:00am each evening unless involved in a Club 02 or Circle C teen activity. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1

• asalligo changed the title to Carnival under 18 curfew

Carnival is trying to "curtail" their reputation lately.  Folks cruising today think the entire ship has turned into a baby sitting service (I know 18 year old's do not need baby sitting), but parental control is still required.  I am just wondering if the same folks let their school age children wander the streets at night back home, or is this just because they are in a "confined" area, all is well.  

The concept of common courtesy to your neighbor seems have gone by the wayside no matter where you go today.

• Like 11

Dang kids these days!

Where have I heard that before? Oh yea. I heard my grandparents say it. I heard my parents say it. As a parent, I probably said it. As a grandparent, I don't say it. I think todays kids are much better behaved, more mature, and more responsible than any of the previous generations.

How can they not be! Every move they make is recorded, on a camera, and/or posted on social media.

Maybe some of us prudes need to remember back when we were kids. I thank my lucky stars every day that social media wasn't around when I was a kid testing boundaries.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Dang kids these days!

Where have I heard that before? Oh yea. I heard my grandparents say it. I heard my parents say it. As a parent, I probably said it. As a grandparent, I don't say it. I think todays kids are much better behaved, more mature, and more responsible than any of the previous generations.

How can they not be! Every move they make is recorded, on a camera, and/or posted on social media.

Maybe some of us prudes need to remember back when we were kids. I thank my lucky stars every day that social media wasn't around when I was a kid testing boundaries.

Nope..1am is too late. That’s why we have the problems with the kids nowadays that we did not have in the previous generations. Making excuses for kids running around at 1am is another reason why we have the craziness with the kids of this generation.

• Like 19

27 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Nope..1am is too late. That’s why we have the problems with the kids nowadays that we did not have in the previous generations. Making excuses for kids running around at 1am is another reason why we have the craziness with the kids of this generation.

I’m sorry. Did I say anything about the curfew?

Project much?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I’m sorry. Did I say anything about the curfew?

Project much?

I think they just assumed you knew what was being discussed and you were talking about the same thing as everyone else.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, rrraydon said:

We had kids spitting on people, damaging Carnival property, bullying other kids, stealing property, one kid went missing for two days in our group, another one got drugged and had to go to the medical center, i even saw a girl throw her lollipop at a security guard. As much as i agree with the curfew that's not going to do much. A group of kids bullied my friends 11 year old (who is also handicapped) by making fun of him, beating him up, videoing him and locking him in a bathroom. When security went to the parents they got the "my kids would never do that" routine. This is learned behavior and is a product of terrible parenting. A 1am curfew is not gonna stop bad parenting

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I’m not sure how new this is, but did see it listed for my May & June Carnival cruises this year.

They definitely did not enforce this on our June Magic cruise.  Kids were out all hours - definitely until at least 2:30 a.m. running up and down our hallway.  The last day of the cruise they posted a security guard outside the teen club.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, asalligo said:

Is this new or has it just never been enforced? Someone has posted this on a facebook page as a new rule. I think I remember this being in place before Covid. I think it is just not enforced. 

Minor Guest Policy | Carnival Cruise Line

Youth Curfew
Guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult in their traveling party, 21 years of age or older, must be clear of all public areas by 1:00am each evening unless involved in a Club 02 or Circle C teen activity. 

14 hours ago, imacruiser99 said:

Carnival is trying to "curtail" their reputation lately.  Folks cruising today think the entire ship has turned into a baby sitting service (I know 18 year old's do not need baby sitting), but parental control is still required.  I am just wondering if the same folks let their school age children wander the streets at night back home, or is this just because they are in a "confined" area, all is well.  

The concept of common courtesy to your neighbor seems have gone by the wayside no matter where you go today.

It is new and it is the new CEO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matymil said:

We had kids spitting on people, damaging Carnival property, bullying other kids, stealing property, one kid went missing for two days in our group, another one got drugged and had to go to the medical center, i even saw a girl throw her lollipop at a security guard. As much as i agree with the curfew that's not going to do much. A group of kids bullied my friends 11 year old (who is also handicapped) by making fun of him, beating him up, videoing him and locking him in a bathroom. When security went to the parents they got the "my kids would never do that" routine. This is learned behavior and is a product of terrible parenting. A 1am curfew is not gonna stop bad parenting

If there was video, how could it be denied?

53 minutes ago, pe4all said:

They definitely did not enforce this on our June Magic cruise.  Kids were out all hours - definitely until at least 2:30 a.m. running up and down our hallway.  The last day of the cruise they posted a security guard outside the teen club.

It was not enforced on either of my cruises, but I did see it listed. With the crew shortages on both of my cruises, I doubt they had enough people to attempt to enforce curfew.

Edited by JT1962

Nobody is going to take these words seriously until people start getting kicked off the ship at the next stop. When you're stuck in Nassau and have to find your own way home because your kids are heathens or you got caught with drugs in your suitcase, word will spread quickly that the wild west is gone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1