Is Concierge Worth It

swjumbo

I’ve just done a Concierge Class cruise on Silhouette and didn’t think it was worth it.

The lunch on boarding was nice but not essential.

The ‘concierge’ was uncontactable.

The shower head was the same as a regular cabin.

The toiletries were the same.

The robes were the same.

The room service menu was the same. 

We had gold key cards and will hopefully get extra CC points. 

We got binoculars, an umbrella and a slightly larger balcony but that’s about it.

So in my view it’s not worth it.

It hasn’t put us off Celebrity though. 

Do others feel the same?

Edited by swjumbo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

I’ve just done a Concierge Class cruise on Silhouette and didn’t think it was worth it.

The lunch on boarding was nice but not essential.

The ‘concierge’ was uncontactable.

The shower head was the same as a regular cabin.

The toiletries were the same.

The robes were the same.

The room service menu was the same. 

We had gold key cards and will hopefully get extra CC points. 

We got binoculars, an umbrella and a slightly larger balcony but that’s about it.

So in my view it’s not worth it.

It hasn’t put us off Celebrity though. 

Do others feel the same?

The only reason to book it is if you are close to getting to the next  Captains Club grade e.g. from Elite to Elite+ and the extra points will get you there. Even then only if it's a cheap upgrade, on our Trans-Pacific from Vancouver we paid 💲25 for the cabin for the whole trip. 

• Like 1

I leave Thursday on Equinox in Concierge Class and am starting to wonder now if I made a smart decision in choosing this category.  I actually looked at and wanted Aqua Class but by the time I booked, they were all gone.  I check almost every day but alas, nothing.  We'll see what happens.  😏

• Like 1

Waste of money unless you can get it for very little extra over veranda. Who cares about 1 seated lunch on embarkation day? No need to eat at the hectic buffet. Go to sushi/raw on 5 or the burger grill by the pool. The only other benefit is (maybe) getting off the ship a few minutes earlier on port days. And if you’re doing a celebrity excursion even that’d irrelevant as everyone on your excursion will leave at the same time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pirateguy said:

We were offered a concierge cabin for around $15 per day extra from a balcony 

we thought it was worth it, a better cabin location and the idea of a bigger breakfast in room

I'm on a 10 night Equinox sailing later this month and upgraded to CC for an extra $100 canadian for entire cruise. Orihinally had an obstructed balcony on deck six and with the upgrade moved up to deck 10 forward. Couple days later spotted an aft balcony on the wake of the ship with deeper balcony so grabbed it for another $100. I think it was a good deal.  I like the embarkation lunch and a few of the extra perks plus. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

there is a major difference in the breakfast menu.  We love this feature

Well there certainly was no difference in the room service menu on the Silhouette.

I forgot to mention the afternoon snacks. We ate four olives.

Again, we’re Celebrity fans but won’t do CC again.

• Like 1

I thought the main advantage of Concierge class is the cabins are in bit better location, and they add other little perks to give you more value.  I wouldn't spend a lot more for Concierge, but if I got a free upgrate from an IV, I'd take it.  Aqua Class gives you a much better perk (Blu access) in my opinion, but the cabin locations are less desirable. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm on a 10 night Equinox sailing later this month and upgraded to CC for an extra $100 canadian for entire cruise. Orihinally had an obstructed balcony on deck six and with the upgrade moved up to deck 10 forward. Couple days later spotted an aft balcony on the wake of the ship with deeper balcony so grabbed it for another $100. I think it was a good deal.  I like the embarkation lunch and a few of the extra perks plus. 

That's worth $100 just for the location alone. Well done! The extra CC perks are just icing on the cake.

• Like 1

We’re traveling with friends who want the enhanced breakfast menu, otherwise I’m not sure it would be worth it except for the increased points. At the same time, I’m not grumbling becuase the cost differential was very little when we booked. (However, with the Labor Day sale, we could get a standard verandah for much, much less). Our friends wouldn’t budget. We might have thought it through a bit better if I had made the connection that Infinite Verandah’s can’t be shared, unlike standard verandahs. The ability to chat with my friend on the verandah while our spouses sleep. However, on the Apex, that doesn’t matter either as we would have been in a standard IV.

Personally, I like the embarkation buffets because I don’t have to make decisions, and I’m not really a fan of the embarkation lunch menu. Now, if we can do embarkation in Raw on 5, that might be the best option for my sushi loving travelers.

ETA: I just checked - Raw on 5 isn’t open until 6 pm on embarkation day unless they have some sort of walk-up only earlier.

Edited by carolina_yankee
Add Raw on 5 Embarkation opening time

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

That's worth $100 just for the location alone. Well done! The extra CC perks are just icing on the cake.

Thank you. Yes I thought so too. I've had a sunset cabin once before many years ago on RCI and loved it so when I saw this grabbed immediately. My CVP said someone must have moved up to a suite or something and the price of my cabin had not been updated.  Seems those sunsets versndas are hard to come by. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you. Yes I thought so too. I've had a sunset cabin once before many years ago on RCI and loved it so when I saw this grabbed immediately. My CVP said someone must have moved up to a suite or something and the price of my cabin had not been updated.  Seems those sunsets versndas are hard to come by. 

That really was a good deal.  That is about the only time I move to Concierge - if the location is better and the price is very close to that of regular veranda.  

Enjoy the SV!

• Thanks 1

If on a M class the cabin is larger than a regular veranda. Otherwise there is no real benefit except a lot of useless verbage fluff.    The extra CC points may mean a lot to some but you need to weigh the value. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

43 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I book concierge because I like the cabin location. The embarkation lunch is nice to avoid the buffet. The extra points are nice. But, I book because it's the cabin I want, not because of the fact that it's a concierge cabin.

Ditto

• Like 1

For awhile- at least pre-Covid- CC class guests were invited to the helipad for sailing out of various ports. Was I jealous when roll call friends in that cabin class got to experience departing NYC harbor just as the lights of the city came on!

IDK if that is still a perk of being in a CC cabin, but one that IMHO is worthwhile!

• Like 1

If your goal is to get to Elite, then the 5 pts per day versus the 3 you get with a veranda definitely start to add up, especially if you’re on a B2B. We would also swap the bottle of sparkling wine for a bottle of either red or white. The canapés were also pretty tasty most of the time.

But for us since Elite was our target, it was a good deal. However, once we made Elite+ we now just book Aqua or SV cabins because we no longer have a need to accumulate CC points any longer. 

• Like 2

I love Concierge!  I really dislike buffets and hate the madness on embarkation day with lugging your bag with you there.  On our post-COVID cruise last November, we were able to drop our carry-ons in our cabin and pickup our SeaPass cards there.  Then down to the leisurely embarkation luncheon in the MDR with a free glass of bubbly. 

We enjoyed sail away from Nassau on the helipad and also enjoyed our hump balcony cabin. 

The other perk  we like is the Concierge Lounge available on disembarkation day.  It's nice to sit and sip on caffeine while waiting for our number to be called. 

The hump balcony on S-class is worth is as well! 

• Like 4