The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 11th, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Day of the Girl Child, It's My Party Day, and Ada Lovelace Day

Don't think or judge, just listen.--Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

Meal Suggestion for today - carrot pea chicken salad
Drink of the Day - El Tesoro Tommys Margarita
Wine of the Day - Brovia 2017 Brea Vigna Ca' Mia (Barolo) Piedmont
Destination of the Day - Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Eurodam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 10/13

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii eta 10/14

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, PEI,  Canada eta 10/12

Noordam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii eta 10/14

Oosterdam

Naples, Italy 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Stockholm, Sweden - 18:00

Volendam

Sarande, Albania 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal eta 10/18

Zuiderdam

Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii - 23:59

1011World.thumb.png.8e39e107db4a644e65a3501160ca1b9f.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  It's probably also Leftover Day (unofficially) in Canada.  No idea what Ada Lovelace Day is.  I think today will be a Party day for many on the Nieuw Statendam.  A special cheer to Camila and Elliott Rose on the Day of the Girl Child.  Very good advice from Dressen.  Been to Half Moon Cay just once, my first port of Call on the Koningsdam.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Mango Gazpacho, Chateaubriand, and Carrot Cake A la Mode as served on MS Amsterdam October 11, 2017:

dishes11.jpg

Today’s care list:

Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Quartzite Cruiser DH surgery

Rough night for Tana
Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove brother in hospice and appearing to be nearing final days

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Zaandam on Grand Voyage
Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
4 Days for Av8rix (Rotterdam 10/15 to 10/30)
Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15),   Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS  to 10/16)  Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25)
Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s another beautiful day in New England.  Today promises to be a busy work day.  We’ve been to todays port many times over the years.  It is my favorite beach spot and I’m not a beach person.  Lately we’ve taken to staying on the ship and enjoying the peace and quiet.

This applies to us crazy cat daddy’s.

image.png.c55c111abc008eecc481426807bacd1a.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A cool morning, but supposed to be a sunny 20°C (68°F) afternoon.  I think we'll BBQ.🙂

I'm going to get my COVID booster this morning.

A salute to girl children.  More pictures of Miss Camilla and Miss Elliott Rose please.

It's a good day to have a party.  A salute to Ada Lovelace.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal for today.

I'm sure the drink would be wonderful. 

I hope the wine isn't too expensive.

We were on Half Moon Cay many years ago, I don't think I have pictures, but I have lovely memories.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good morning from recovering Southwest Florida.

Well, everything is just about back to normal with almost everyone with power, cable TV and internet. Cleanup crews are out on a daily basis removing all the downed trees and parts of homes like siding and shingles that wound up in streets and yards. The condo building next to us sustained major roof damage as part of it caved in, the county declared the building uninhabitable and everybody was forced to move out, things will never be normal for the neighbors in that building. Just about every single family home that I could see has been tarped.

Played golf yesterday and our course really took a beating as we lost many beautiful trees, almost looks like a war zone. One large oak tree on hole 3 had some really deep roots and as it was blown over it actually destroyed about 20 feet of the cart path, it looked like earthquake damage. We have a nice view of the 12th hole as it's our home hole but it's strange to look out and see parts of the course that we never could see before as so many trees are gone.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 18

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily.

Thank you Roy for keeping all the list's updated daily.

It is 14°C and sunny.

I am out doing sales and just been to Great Ayton the boyhood home of Captain Cook.

Great quote.

Food sounds okay.

We have been to Nassau and Coco Cay in the Bahamas but not today's port.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221011_123055.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich 🙂 

I’ll happily celebrate day of the girl child and especially Ada Lovelace day.  It took a long time for her to be recognized.

11CE9E22-623F-4A20-983F-7D8618E0685D.thumb.jpeg.88d48303b8de0cbffbd483a1716181dd.jpeg

Love the quote 👍 I take today’s port with a grain of salt (or should that be sand?).  It’s a nice stop but there are many other stops that I rank higher 😉  I know I am in the minority 😉 

Busy day today - have to get the SUV in and hope they can fix it today 🤞 And my garden assistant is arriving shortly afterwards to help me decimate the garden & prepare it for winter.  I don’t feel like doing it but it has to be done.

And, sadly there is a financial issue with the estate that I thought was all done that I have to attend to.  No wonder I drink wine 😬 

5394F270-FC25-4AC7-B60C-05B7EF356F7A.jpeg.d850b94047f60f9caccbb59291c1944c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!!

E04B5755-28C0-4196-B137-B9C90A19335A.jpeg.5968ee2187de3d05b81f08fcf5ec6024.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Report and Daily, Rich. And thank you for sharing your cruise with us!  Roy, thank you for taking such good care of our Cares and Celebrations. 

Another beauty of a day. The deer are taking advantage of the “curbside dining” with all the yard waste moved out to the street waiting for pickup. Another early gym class. Then getting together with a group of friends at the local wine bistro to celebrate surviving Ian. 

815553F9-C4CB-4D1B-9DF0-972BBFC381E2.jpeg.db0d1e960bc966153a652a1700a5f190.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda thinking good thoughts for DH and you today. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Brovia 2017 Brea Vigna Ca' Mia (Barolo) Piedmont

This amazing Barolo has a cheaper cousin that sounds just as amazing and costs about $30 - $35 less than this one - if this one is too pricey for you. Several online distributors carry this one with prices starting at $94.98.

98 Wine Enthusiast 

Mesmerizing aromas of violet, rose, perfumed berry and dried aromatic herb mingle together with a whiff of forest floor in this compelling wine. Full-bodied, elegant and delicious, the structured palate delivers ripe Morello cherry, cranberry, licorice and tobacco framed in youthfully assertive but refined tannins. It closes on a tangy mineral note. Drink 2027–2037.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 10

There are many varieties of carrot pea chicken salad. 

This salad is my favorite; it adds rainbow carrots, pea shoots, sugar snap peas, feta cheese and mint leaves to the chicken. It has a very light dressing of lemon juice and olive oil. https://www.sunset.com/recipe/rainbow-carrot-pea-chicken-salad

su-Rainbow Carrot, Pea Shoot, and Chicken Salad

One of the most interesting varieties is Ensalada de Pollo, chock full of veggies like carrots, potatoes, green beans, corn, and peas it is possible at children’s parties and adult’s fiestas.  It is frequently served on saltine crackers or crunchy tostada shells.

https://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/mexican-chicken-salad-recipe/

Mexican Chicken Salad | Mexican recipe with carrots, potatoes, peas and mayonnaise. Perfect to eat with saltine crackers, tostadas, sandwiches.

https://dashofcolorandspice.com/mexican-chicken-salad/

Mexican Chicken Salad on a white plate with saltines. Hand holding saltine topped with Mexican Chicken Salad. Cilantro garnish.

Here is a healthy hot salad. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/pea-and-carrot-salad-with-chicken

Pea and Carrot Salad with Chicken

Not a salad but this recipe popped up when I was searching and I thought it looked good.  How about chicken meatballs served with a carrot and pea salad?  https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/spicy-chicken-bites-carrot-snow-pea-salad/404fcf36-b00a-473d-8453-d4bc1c7dfab2

Spicy chicken bites

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

I'm alive.  These 2 shots kicked me hard.  I slept all day yesterday but feel wonderful today.

Love Half Moon Cay.  I';m sure others will have wonder photo's to share.

El Tesoro Tommy Margarita:

Ingredients
2 parts El Tesoro® Blanco Tequila
¾ part Lime Juice
¾ part Agave Syrup
Garnish: Lime, Spicy Salt

Instructions
Rim glasses with spicy salt. Build ingredients over ice and stir. Serve on the rocks and garnish with a lime wheel.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 7.50.53 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning friends!  It's a bit cloudy this morning, was 55F at daybreak and will only be 77 as a high temperature.  We may finally have some rain in our forecast.  It will probably fall tomorrow because I have an appointment with my PA to go over any progress made on my knee issue.  Will also discuss Covid boosters and possibly malaria pills for our November cruise.  

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor our Daily and Fleet Report.  Nice to see girl children, parties, and the first female computer programmer honored.  Amazing when you see how long ago Ada Lovelace was involved in the programming field!  The quote is excellent and the carrot pea chicken salad sounds unique.  I might try the margarita but not sure about the wine.  The port of Half Moon Cay is a great beach stop even if you don't like beaches.  I've only been twice but have another stop there on our way "home" to Florida in December.  Last time we had that port listed here was June 28, 2021 and I'll post a link to Rich's post that day.  I noticed I didn't even get to post on June 28 so had no photos from there.  I realized we were in St. Louis going to soccer games every day during that time period.  So here are a couple of photos from our first time there in 2016 on Westerdam.  We parked ourselves under some trees in front of this lovely cabana/beach house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjaxfMtwcpGuXott6bcWoc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124195

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdZWmKOMXdQGEZnnqe2of1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124195

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLuQuYcJsq9atBO14WtsZEr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCUiqpY_DfXPwWDBc1vHX0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124153

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAWhSW0Mq7fAnzgto6JyYO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124136

@puppycanducruisesince you asked, and it IS Day of the Girl Child, another photo of Elliott Rose with her Grandma Lisa, who is my niece and goddaughter. ❤️ 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvX3q9ML-97FQmkBfYnRiVKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665488325

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor mentioning Camilla and Elliott Rose on this International Day of the Girl Child.  In addition we all appreciate your work compiling the Care and Celebration lists each day.  Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Hope all are healthy and enjoying their cruises.  Special prayers for Lenda's DH as he goes through his procedures today.  Hoping for good news from Lenda ASAP.  🙏

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Another beautiful morning here in SW Michigan.  Our news says this will be most likely our last 70 degree days.  I got a lot done yesterday and have a few planned things outside.    Spraying poison ivy that pops up all over in the woods and digging up a couple of oaks and potting them to bring them to the cabin next year.  There are no oaks near my cabin except for 4 I brought from Maryland and one from my home in MI.    Then we are having smoked ribs for dinner.   

Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report Rich.   Continue to enjoy your wonderful cruise.   Today's quote is very true, less talking and more listening.   The Day of the Girl is very important, hats off to Girl Scouts and other girls organizations.   The Mexican chicken salad looked yummy, thanks @0106!   So was the cocktail, something I could afford but the wine is too pricy for me.    Prayers for all on our care list and hoping Tana has better days.   I hope she approves of today's menu and ingredients in the house.   Prayers for the people in Ukraine who cannot feel safe anywhere in their country.   Prayers for all cleaning up from Ian and Fiona.   

Half Moon Cay has been a stopping point of all but two of my HA cruises.  My photos are mainly of horses.    It is a beautiful fun place, it would be great if in the long term future the plans for direct landing would be completed.  Have a wonderful day!  

beach ponies HMC 2222.JPG

dappled Nancy HM Cay 31918.jpg

Nancy & champagne HMC 31918.jpg

Nancy & Hero 2.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites- Computer says it's partly cloudy and 56.  Over our home it is completely cloudy and getting darker.  For several days I have been trying to reach a friend(and my old boss, Shari) i would get the answering machine, and then it would tell me there is no room to leave a message.  I started calling Saturday, she called back at 11 pm, after we had gone to bed.  I tried Sunday and got the same message.  She called yesterday afternoon, turns out she has been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks.  I told her i would call after work last night, and she again didn't answer, but called back.  She was very confused, had no idea why she was in the hospital.  Told me that Barbara (our friend) had come by and given her a sandwich.  And then she said that's all she could say, and hung up.

I called Barbara, she said Shari had been in the hospital for 3 weeks, but when they could not find a bed in a rehab for her (based on her insurance)she asked to be released to go home on Saturday night.  She lasted at home for less than 24 hours, as she kept falling down, and now she is back in the hospital.  Shari told me yesterday that she had kidney failure, and then when we talked the second time, she said she had septicemia,  but Barb said Shari has never told her what is wrong.  Only Shari's sister has been able to talk to the doctor, and until we can talk to her, neither Barb nor I will know what's going on, and how to care for her.   However if she cant walk, and she cant think straight, I don't think they should worry about releasing her.  Please add her to your prayer list.  Thanks.

I love HMC.  I have been lucky enough to get there every time we have cruised there.  The last time we were there, I noticed that the beaches are not as big, less sand, I guess a sign of global warming.  It is my favorite beach, however.  It used to be DH's until we went to Princess Cay.

The carrot pea chicken salad looks good.  Healthy but good....

f6318fad0f53b098479469db0b8bde20.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

@marshhawkI hope that your friend Shari can get the care she needs in the hospital.    Septicemia is very dangerous and is probably why she isn't coherent.  I hope that she can get the antibiotics and care she needs!  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda I hope that your husband's surgery goes well today. 

I forgot to give an update on my 97 year old friend Frank.  He called last night and expects to get released from rehab today.  He said the staff at his rehab say they are amazed how well he has gotten back on his feet.   It is being in good shape for someone his age and his will to live.  Usually a broken hip at his age is at best ending up in a nursing home for good.   Thank you for your prayers for him!   

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from the Nieuw Statendam at sea!  Lovely morning. Photo taken by Craig while he was having tea in the Lido. 
217D650B-CA3D-47FE-BA5F-D8727AC31980.thumb.jpeg.7e1a111e7a7a3724a1849504ebefadc8.jpeg

Busy day today. The CC M&G is this morning and we have lunch reservations for the Pinnacle Grill then the wine tasting. Last night I played trivia with Rich — Joy @Seasick Sailor we missed you and Allen!  Rich talked to the host, Inez from Portugal, and remembered she was on our December Rotterdam cruise.  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, thinking of your DH and you today as he undergoes the surgical procedure. Let us know when you can how everything is going. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning! Currently 60 degrees and temperature will rise to 80. Tomorrow we have a good chance of rain. It’s bone dry out there and we definitely could use some rain.🙏

Last night we had pork country style ribs that we cooked in the oven. We haven’t had any for a long time and they were really tasty.

We have been to Half Moon enough times that we often stay onboard and enjoy having much of the ship to ourselves. People ask us why? Well, we live in a area with some of the most beautiful beaches around so beaches are not that important to us on our Caribbean cruises.

Got some errands to do that I couldn’t do yesterday because of the holiday and not much after that.

Thanks for the Fleet and Care Reports. 

• Like 22

This was posted last night by one of my favorite restaurants. In addition to hosting customers, it has been serving linemen each day since it got power, water, sewer restored and was able to reopen seven days after Hurricane Ian.

Screenshot_20221010-200008.thumb.png.98597b572c063df879e6a6d9c47794d4.png

-Melisa 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6