Is the app going to recognize consecutive cruisers?

We're on a B3B.  I checked in for the first leg last week.  This morning I checked in for the second leg.

I noticed that the app, when checking in for the second leg, lists both the current and previous reservation numbers.  The check in process looked the same otherwise.  I don't think I have seen this before, but I could have missed it.  I'm hoping that Royal is going to streamline the check in process for consecutive cruisers.

BTW, I love being able scan the passport.  That's a time saver.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

We're on a B3B.  I checked in for the first leg last week.  This morning I checked in for the second leg.

I noticed that the app, when checking in for the second leg, lists both the current and previous reservation numbers.  The check in process looked the same otherwise.  I don't think I have seen this before, but I could have missed it.  I'm hoping that Royal is going to streamline the check in process for consecutive cruisers.

It's simple enough. Don't waste paper printing the leg 2 and 3 boarding passes or luggage tags

I'd love it if we could just check in once, and be done with all the legs.  I have heard others don't bother checking in beyond the first leg.  I'm reluctant to do that though.  We're already only printing the luggage tags.  The rest is all online.

29 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

The check in process looked the same otherwise.  I don't think I have seen this before, but I could have missed it. 

It's new.  Just had a client e mail me a few days ago as all 6 of hers were showing.  My guess is that it is a work in progress and they are going to streamline the check in process for consecutive cruisers

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean considers each cruise as an independent cruise. Separate booking number is given to each one whether B2B or B2B2B2B...2B.  

On our last BTB, we had checked in for the second leg.  On turn around day they asked us for our room number and gave us our new keys (Set Sail Pass).  The couple next to us had not done the check in and had to got through all the steps, Credit Card, Pictures, etc. before they received their room key.  

So, is it mandatory, no.  Does it save you a few minutes - yes.  None of us doing the B2B were taken to the off ship holding area until everyone had been processed, including the family of four that showed up late. 

• Thanks 1

The only issue that I had was on the app, it didn't clear the first cruise until latter during the first day of the second cruise. It wouldn't let me watch the muster drill information, I had to go to the muster station. They had me watch a person put on the life jacket, then I was good to go.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:49 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Any idea how this works in Europe? Rome?

Not sure of Rome but in Amsterdam we were free to leave the ship as soon as we wanted, as they are not required to zero out the ship.  Had a great day wandering and picking up fresh flowers for our cabin.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 11:38 AM, Cigar King said:

I totally agree with this.  I do wish it was like DCL and they save your info.  I can understand the security concern with the passports, but at least save the photo.  It's hard to get a good selfie every darn time!  🤣🤣🤣

On 10/22/2022 at 7:52 PM, Biker19 said:

Even in Europe things are not all the same - it still varies by ship/port.

OP asked about Rome and in Rome you don't have to get off the ship.  You also don't have to get off in Barcelona, Athens, Amsterdam, Copenhagen etc.