The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 4th, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon everyone. I'm still having sign in issues.. It really is a pain. My cortisone shot seems to have worked and my excruciating pain has resolved for now. I'm more than grateful. Dont have time for more right now.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Did someone call our cruise the Disasterdam?  I’m starting to wonder.  My BIL and niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  They won’t be boarding with us 😢 

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.  

Well, heck...maybe it's Barcelona and not the "Disaterdam."  When DD and DSIL were there pre-cruise for their honeymoon in 2017, they were on Las Ramblas when the terrorist drove through the crowd.  They ended up hiding in a store and then running through side streets to get back to their hotel.  DD makes detailed itineraries, so I knew they were there at that time.  You can imagine the worry.

The cruise was great, though.  Hang in there!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  DH and I had a long text conversation, then he got tired of texting and called.  He said the morning PT was good but very tiring.  I could see why since he walked 4 times as much as he has ever done in rehab.  He only has 30 minutes of PT or OT this afternoon.  He might also be tired since he stayed up to watch the Astros win last night.  He's usually been asleep much earlier.

Vanessa, I'm glad that third injection in your knee is behind  you, and I hope it helps.  Storms since you picture of the jetty were taken have taken a toll on the jetty and the light tower.  This was what we saw on December 1, 2021 as we sailed from Mazatlán

DSC09526.thumb.JPG.c701443bfeb3d73813165b2418c1bb66.JPG

Lenda

Lenda, no wonder DH is tired! He should sleep well tonight. My picture of that jetty was from November 2019. Also I meant to mention that I was on the Golden Princess in 2004 in October, for my birthday.

6 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. I'm still having sign in issues.. It really is a pain. My cortisone shot seems to have worked and my excruciating pain has resolved for now. I'm more than grateful. Dont have time for more right now.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, good news on the cortisone shot helping with your pain. Constant pain is so hard!

• Like 14

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Did someone call our cruise the Disasterdam?  I’m starting to wonder.  My BIL and niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  They won’t be boarding with us 😢 

@kazu

😱Oh, No! Oh, No! No! No!😱

I hope between your injured foot and your missing BIL & niece that you along with your sisters can still make the most of your cruise. Have the best voyage possible!

-M.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  DH and I had a long text conversation, then he got tired of texting and called.  He said the morning PT was good but very tiring.  I could see why since he walked 4 times as much as he has ever done in rehab.  He only has 30 minutes of PT or OT this afternoon.  He might also be tired since he stayed up to watch the Astros win last night.  He's usually been asleep much earlier.

So far, we've gotten about 1/10 inch of rain and not really bad winds or hard rain.  We are still under a tornado watch with a chance of severe storms between 2:30 and 5 pm.  The storms could also have hail, so I'm glad I moved the car to a neighbors port.

Right now, I'm enjoying my daily ration of chocolate in celebration of Candy Day.  

Jacqui, I'm sorry your DBIL and niece will be flying home tomorrow morning instead of boarding the ship with you.

Thank you, Graham.

Ann, it is good that Vickie's DH is aware of her passing.  It must be very hard for him.  On the other hand, how nice that a lady could give Vicki's shelties a home after losing her sheltie.  It was very nice  of the Sheltie Rescue of California to pay all the vet bills for the rest of their lives.  We've see several examples of people going above and beyond the last few days.  

Jake, Jasper is a very handsome cat.

Karen, that is good news that your DH is making progress.  Slow but steady seems to be the order of the day with PT.  I agree that his stubbornness may be helping him with the PT.

Vanessa, I'm glad that third injection in your knee is behind  you, and I hope it helps.  Storms since you picture of the jetty were taken have taken a toll on the jetty and the light tower.  This was what we saw on December 1, 2021 as we sailed from Mazatlán

DSC09526.thumb.JPG.c701443bfeb3d73813165b2418c1bb66.JPG

Nancy, that is good news that your DB is walking better and was able to be transferred to rehab.  I am sending positive thoughts that the infection clears up quickly, so that his pain lessens.

Lenda

Stay safe Lenda.  News in Dallas just showed some risky weather down your way right now. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning from a chilly PA.  Thanks to all who post.

Thank you, Roy, for inquiring about me late yesterday.  Unfortunately I did have to cancel our November trips on Anthem.  DH’s dental surgery will be extensive and somewhat tricky given his medical situation.  Surgery scheduled for Monday.  That’s life — expect the unexpected.  We hope to still make a planned trip on 12/1 on Enchantment of the Seas.

Settling in for a nice weekend of good weather and more election ads on tv.  Be safe everyone.  Katherine 

I'm so sorry for you both Katherine @Lady Hudsonthat you had to cancel your Anthem cruise.

I hope his surgery on Monday is successful and he recovers completely.

Best regards.

Graham.

• Like 6

I feel like a lurker lately as I haven't been able to sign in. 

We had an invite to visit friends in Carmel, California that we met on a Holland America cruise. They had a beautiful Neptune suite and we upgraded to verandah with obstructed vision. Guess they felt sorry for us! 

20221027_125909.jpg

20221028_112413.jpg

20221031_120733.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I'm glad the cortisone shot worked.  

45 minutes ago, Kurtybee123 said:

Stay safe Lenda.  News in Dallas just showed some risky weather down your way right now. 

Everything here seems to be all right.  It was an interesting 30 minutes or so with some of the hardest rain I've seen, and as you know, Texas gets a lot of hard, driving rain.  There was thunder and lightning along with the wind and rain.  We had one minor power blip that lasted a second or two, but that was it.  One weird thing was the wind was strong enough to lift the door to the power cord compartment of the motorhome fully open.  It was open enough for the power cord to be out, and that door is not all that light.  The sun is out now with some clouds and or course the wind.

The future cast radar shows that the storm will hit Dallas and the northern suburbs between 5 and 6 pm.  Hope you and your family remain safe.  The worst of the storm with the potential for a tornado was east of us on the other side of I35 and moving northeast.

The rain also tested our roof repair, and it failed the test.  Not only did the ceiling get wet, but water dripped on the countertop and the floor.  Unfortunately, the next step is to open the ceiling to determine where the water is coming from.  Right now, with all that is going on it will just have to wait a few months.  It looks like some of the windows and part of the siding that was exposed to the rain are now clean.  One less job for me to have to do.  🤣

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carol, I'm glad the cortisone shot worked.  

Everything here seems to be all right.  It was an interesting 30 minutes or so with some of the hardest rain I've seen, and as you know, Texas gets a lot of hard, driving rain.  There was thunder and lightning along with the wind and rain.  We had one minor power blip that lasted a second or two, but that was it.  One weird thing was the wind was strong enough to lift the door to the power cord compartment of the motorhome fully open.  It was open enough for the power cord to be out, and that door is not all that light.  The sun is out now with some clouds and or course the wind.

The future cast radar shows that the storm will hit Dallas and the northern suburbs between 5 and 6 pm.  Hope you and your family remain safe.  The worst of the storm with the potential for a tornado was east of us on the other side of I35 and moving northeast.

The rain also tested our roof repair, and it failed the test.  Not only did the ceiling get wet, but water dripped on the countertop and the floor.  Unfortunately, the next step is to open the ceiling to determine where the water is coming from.  Right now, with all that is going on it will just have to wait a few months.  It looks like some of the windows and part of the siding that was exposed to the rain are now clean.  One less job for me to have to do.  🤣

Lenda

Lenda

Oh no.

Sorry to hear your roof repair is leaking.

Graham 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no.

Sorry to hear your roof repair is leaking.

Graham 

We always knew there was a chance there was another problem besides some bad screws in the metal roof.  The nature of this roof is the water can enter one place and run across and down in another.  It will get fixed eventually by trial and error.  Now is just not the time to take on the added mess of opening the ceiling and having the kitchen torn up for who knows how long.  We've lived with this for several years, with different people working on it, and still not finding the cause.  This contractor seems like the best bet to get it fixed someday.

Lenda

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Sad about your DBIL, Jacqui, @kazu!  And all the others we have on our Cares list.  For which, thank you Roy, and also thanks to Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily news, and the F&B ladies for the information!  DD usually makes us a batch of cioppino for dinner on Christmas Eve.  Delish.

My cousin Vicki's funeral will be on November 8.  Her DH, Bob, is sad, so evidently is aware of what has happened.  Her two Sheltie rescues have gone to another Sheltie Rescue lady who just lost her last Sheltie, and Sheltie Rescue of California is going to pay all their vet bills for the rest of their lives, nice of them, don't you think?

Nothing much here.  It is a dark and dreary day.  We tried yesterday to upgrade our stateroom to a verandah on the holiday cruise, but all verandahs and suites are sold out.  It's going to be a full ship - I don't think they are setting aside Covid isolation rooms any more.  We waited just a bit too long - we had hoped our Covid FCC would come through, but it hasn't yet.  But we'll be on board with friends, and that's what we're looking forward to.

Thanks Ann, very sad to hear about your cousin 😢

What an amazing place your sheltie rescue is - I had arrangements in my will for my dogs and any future pets, thankfully - when / if the day comes.

You’re darned right you are boarding with friends 😉 I have one of those larger verandah cabins - you and Pat are welcome any time 👍 

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning from a very wet and windy Pacific Northwest! 

DH is making progess slowly but surely. Wednesday he was up in the parallel bars and walked 14 feet. Yesterday he did 21 feet. He is still struggling with transferring from the bed to wheelchair and back. Walking would be easier if he didn't have the boot on but that's life. Now idea on time line yet but at leas there's some progress. He's also more alert, talkative, etc. and he's stubborn. I think his therapists are getting tired of "I want to do it myself!". 

Karen

Yay Karen on his progress 👍. That’s what counts.

LOL on “I want to do it myself” - I so get that as well as the getting in and out of bed.  Other than when the wheel chair was broken, I’ve become a pro.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!   Such lovely photos from so many!  Sending caring thoughts to the many struggling, named or unnamed!  
@HAL Sailerhoping things settle for you soon!  
@kazu hope you can enjoy your cruise!  
@rafinmd enjoy!  
@Vict0riann nice news about the Sheltie rescue, my aunt had a lovely blue Merle 

We are currently dog sitting our lovely grand dog 

8F110B27-D112-48C2-94E4-E8CE20B1A513.jpeg

Oh my heavens - it he had brown tinge he/she would be like my Kazu.   I think it is a he but not sure.  Beautiful!

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

I am so glad your shots have helped Carol 👍 

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

@kazu

😱Oh, No! Oh, No! No! No!😱

I hope between your injured foot and your missing BIL & niece that you along with your sisters can still make the most of your cruise. Have the best voyage possible!

-M.

Thanks - we are going to do our best 🤞 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Lenda for the kind words about my DB.   He made it to rehab today with no issue other than the long bed we told the case manager was needed was not there when he arrived.  He is in a tiny bed.   I appreciate your concern with what you are going through with your DH.  God Bless!  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We always knew there was a chance there was another problem besides some bad screws in the metal roof.  The nature of this roof is the water can enter one place and run across and down in another.  It will get fixed eventually by trial and error.  Now is just not the time to take on the added mess of opening the ceiling and having the kitchen torn up for who knows how long.  We've lived with this for several years, with different people working on it, and still not finding the cause.  This contractor seems like the best bet to get it fixed someday.

Lenda

Can I ask where your town is

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Can I ask where your town is

We're about 11 miles west of Hiilsboro or about 45 miles north of Waco.  Fortunately for us, the worst of the bad weather was about 11 miles east of Hillsboro.  We're about 2 hours or so north of you.

I hope most of the bad weather missed you.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Thanks Lenda for the kind words about my DB.   He made it to rehab today with no issue other than the long bed we told the case manager was needed was not there when he arrived.  He is in a tiny bed.   I appreciate your concern with what you are going through with your DH.  God Bless!  

Nancy, maybe it's because of our situation, that I can relate to what you're going  through with your brother.  I'm trying not to get cutoff from the rest of the world, especially now that it's pretty much up to DH and the therapists right now.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One last update on the Bolt Creek Fire: I haven't seen any smoldering stumps for a few days. I think the layer of snow dropped last night on much of the fire area and the over 20 inches of rains we have experienced over the past 48 hours has probably put that fire to rest. We do have flood warnings and debris flow warnings around the fire and along Highway 2. So far, things look pretty good.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're about 11 miles west of Hiilsboro or about 45 miles north of Waco.  Fortunately for us, the worst of the bad weather was about 11 miles east of Hillsboro.  We're about 2 hours or so north of you.

I hope most of the bad weather missed you.

Lenda

We are just now getting rain. Very sporadic. Not much in the way of clouds.. Prayers for your sweet husband.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

One last update on the Bolt Creek Fire: I haven't seen any smoldering stumps for a few days. I think the layer of snow dropped last night on much of the fire area and the over 20 inches of rains we have experienced over the past 48 hours has probably put that fire to rest. We do have flood warnings and debris flow warnings around the fire and along Highway 2. So far, things look pretty good.

Finally some positive news!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

Glad to get some good news about the fire.  Hope things continue to look good.

How are you and DW doing?

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Glad to get some good news about the fire.  Hope things continue to look good.

How are you and DW doing?

Lenda

We are both back to normal activity levels. I tested negative for the first time yesterday, and DW tested negative again this morning.

• Like 5

Good evening.

Just a quick note to let you know that I arrived safely tonight in Midland.  Loading the truck went smoothly and quickly.  Traffic was heavy on the way up, but that is normal for Friday afternoons.  I can barely keep my eyes open.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7