The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 8th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Election Day, International Day of Radiology, and National Cappuccino Day

Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.--Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Meal Suggestion for today - Rustic Potato and Fennel Galette
Drink of the Day - Sharks Tooth
Wine of the Day - Malvirà 2020 Roero Arneis Piedmont
Destination of the Day - Kralendijk, Bonaire

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/09

Koningsdam

Monterey CA, California 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Falmouth Jamaica eta 11/09

Nieuw Statendam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Cadiz, Spain, Sevilla 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/09

Volendam

Malaga, Spain Granada 08:00 - 18:00

Zaandam

Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles 16:00 - 09 Nov 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Brisbane, Queensland Australia 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Sydney, Australia

Zuiderdam

Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Polynesia 08:00 - 17:00

1108World.thumb.png.aea970921d492cb816ded34395e059d4.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!

Today is "Pick up our new cat day" at the local Humane Society!  I hope that the results of the US election day are good.  I've been to the port!  I will pass on the food and the wine, but the drink sounds interesting.  Yesterday's drink was called a "Tidy Bowl" in Cuba, so I have had it.  In spite of the name, it was a good drink. 

• Like 27

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Important collection of days, I’ll be voting later on and maybe have a cappuccino as well.  The quote is a good reminder to be truthful to ourselves.  The meal suggestion sounds like a tasty side dish.  Not sure about the drink yet. Today’s port is one of my favorite Caribbean ports.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!🎉

• Like 20

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Very good quote and selection of days.

Not sure about the meal.

We have been to Bonaire, pretty island and part of the ABC islands north of Venezuela.

I can't believe Florida is going to be hit by another hurricane, only a Cat. 1 but I worry about all the homes that are tarped and if they hold up in 70 MPH winds, if not there will tons of water damage to so many homes. Right now Punta Gorda and Charlotte County are out of the projected cone but we still get some wind and rain starting tomorrow and lasting through Thursday

Well, I was lucky and was able to see the hand surgeon at 11AM yesterday. He looked at my finger and said it looked pretty bad, numbed me up pretty good and I didn't feel a thing as the nail just about fell off and he removed all the junk in the fingertip with various instruments, whole process took about 10 minutes. He gave me prescriptions for pain and swelling and said I would have a tough night sleeping, I made it through the night without hardly any pain and slept well. I haven't taken a pain pill but took 1 800MG ibuprofen tablet. Bad news is 4 weeks without golf, the 4th week we will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam so that will be good. 

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thank you for the daily fleet report.  We did early in person voting, I'm curious how the results go tomorrow.  Last night's dinner at the Tamarind was very good.  I stepped a little outside my comfort zone and had the duck.  Today lunch and dinner are in the Pinnacle Grill. 

During the captains welcome he mentioned that there are 1872 cruisers on board , crew was 800+.  Yesterday I found Bacardi Lemon, first its been back since the restart.  Laundry went out around 10 and was back before 4.

20221108_061925.thumb.jpg.5f2a60f0a5ae8acda1fecb73d143e3d9.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thank you for the daily fleet report.  We did early in person voting, I'm curious how the results go tomorrow.  Last night's dinner at the Tamarind was very good.  I stepped a little outside my comfort zone and had the duck.  Today lunch and dinner are in the Pinnacle Grill. 

During the captains welcome he mentioned that there are 1872 cruisers on board , crew was 800+.  Yesterday I found Bacardi Lemon, first its been back since the restart.  Laundry went out around 10 and was back before 4.

20221108_061925.thumb.jpg.5f2a60f0a5ae8acda1fecb73d143e3d9.jpg

Glad you are enjoying your cruise, are you getting morning and evening cabin service. We sail on the NA on Dec 4th and look forward to your comments.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 13

Thank you for the Election Day Report, Rich.  Looks like the weather will hold off to allow voting in South Florida. I'll pass on the Cappuccino for a good brewed coffee.  Radiology is extremely valuable both for diagnosis and treatment.  I've been today's port on the Maasdam in 2015 and Koningsdam in 2017.  Love the quote.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Strawberry/Blueberry/Bananna cup with coconut cream, Fillet Mignon, and Diplomat Strawberry Tart as served on MS Prinsendam November 8, 2017.

dishes08.jpg

Today’s care list:

Those in the path of Nicole, including me
Kazu severe foot injury
Grapau27, smitty34877,
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Lady Hudson DH recovering from oral surgery
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Mister67 recovering from hand surgery
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Sharon in Charleston
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
1 day for me (hopefully) (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18), and  Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Mister67
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good afternoon from an overcast North East England.

I have been out doing a couple of sales calls so late posting.

Thank you for the daily reports.

I am ready for a cappuccino now.

Good luck in today's elections to those voting.

Food sounds interesting today.

We went to Bonaire during our first Caribbean cruise in January 2007 on Crown Princess.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221108_122648.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Election Day Report, Rich.  Looks like the weather will hold off to allow voting in South Florida. I'll pass on the Cappuccino for a good brewed coffee.  Radiology is extremely valuable both for diagnosis and treatment.  I've been today's port on the Maasdam in 2015 and Koningsdam in 2017.  Love the quote.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Strawberry/Blueberry/Bananna cup with coconut cream, Fillet Mignon, and Diplomat Strawberry Tart as served on MS Prinsendam November 8, 2017.

dishes08.jpg

Today’s care list:

Those in the path of Nicole, including me
Kazu severe foot injury
Grapau27, smitty34877,
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Lady Hudson DH recovering from oral surgery
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Mister67 recovering from hand surgery
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Sharon in Charleston
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
1 day for me (hopefully) (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18), and  Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists and my mention Roy.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good morning friends!  It's a warm morning at 65F, with sunshine and 75 for an expected high today.  Perfect for voting, though we did that week before last.  I never want to risk being too ill to vote on election day or some other emergency coming up so always try to get it done ahead of time.  We already have turned in our applications for absentee ballots for a Dec. 6 runoff, just in case.  However they would have to be processed and mailed to our home and our final day receiving mail here before our cruise is a week from Thursday, Nov. 17 so there is a good chance we won't have a chance to vote again.  A real shame because every vote means a great deal to the candidates.

A day to support radiology seems a good idea since it's a big help in health care.  I don't drink coffee but for those who do I appreciate capppuccino.  It should be interesting seeing the galette which is the menu suggestion for today.  The quote goes on and on doesn't it?  Bonaire is a lovely island to visit on a cruise.  I'll post a link to Rich's post on Kralendijk on July 17, 2021.  

Prayers for the many needing them here on the Daily as well as in our own lives.  I'm concerned for those in Florida in the path of Nicole and hope the cruise ships get out of the way easily.  Good luck to Roy @rafinmdand everyone on Eurodam tomorrow.  @MISTER 67I'm glad the doctor took good care of your finger and I hope your pain is easily controlled as it was last night.  I know you're anxious to get back to golf but sounds like it will have to wait.  @Crazy For Catsnice to hear about your cruise.  Hoping for smooth seas for you as well.  Cheers to all on the Celebration list!  Thanks to Roy for posting it.

Here is Rich's July 17, 2021 post with Kralendijk, Bonaire listed.

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's a great stop on a Caribbean cruise.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I got up early and saw part of the lunar eclipse, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures to share.

I hope people get out and vote, it's important.  

Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal. 

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

@4966and556 Congrats on the new furbaby in your life.

@MISTER 67  Hope you don't suffer too much pain.

(the blue highlight thing doesn't seem to be working for me)

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Prayers for all in need and prayers for all to accept the results of today’s elections regardless of the outcomes.

DH is somewhat comfortable after the oral surgery.  He was up at 4 for pain medication — which means I was up as well.  I really like this dentist and think he is taking good care of DH.  I have to convince DH that my feelings are because of his competence and caring — not because he is young, handsome and obviously works out a lot!  We will be seeing him once a week for at least the next 6 weeks but hope to squeeze in a cruise on 12/1.

Thank you Roy for continuing to post and hope you have a fabulous trip.  Katherine 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Thank you for today’s Report and Daily, Rich! An eerie color to the clouds this morning and it is already quite gusty here. The weather folk I trust still are not sure what Nicole will be when it reaches my area, but it is coming. So I will prepare for the worst.

Our poor coastline, already seriously damaged by Ian is going to get another hammering. And the waters of our local state park are already flowing over onto roads, we do not need another day of torrential rain. Bindi is NOT happy. 

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. Hopefully Nicole will not be worse for you in Southern Florida. Be safe.  

One of my pre-retirement activities was guiding leadership development groups for my organization. This would have been a great tip to share with these folk….

65AE8B2D-89A7-4FF6-929D-260473C5702E.jpeg.467e48547f8da0c4052f0e31f6474698.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

And if a USA Dailyite, please vote!

Malvirà 2020 Roero Arneis Piedmont

Another wine that is new to me. I would definitely like to try this one! Consumers and critics are fans. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $12.90.

Winemaker Notes

Lifted and fresh on the nose with notes of white blossoms and snappy fruits. On the palate, the wine gives way to stone fruits and hints of melon before finishing with a zip of refreshing acidity. The finish is clean but long and showcases this classic vintage perfectly.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast

Made with organically grown grapes, this has delicate, enticing aromas reminiscent of ripe white stone fruit, crushed mint, pineapple and freshly made bread dough. On the linear, savory palate, notes of bitter almond and ginger accent a core of Bartlett pear and lemon drop before a tangy mineral close. Best Buys

D90 Decanter

Rich and smoky with lots of gunflint complexity and some saline minerality all held together with lemon pith freshness.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 9

I am so happy Election day is here.  The ads here in Florida have been CONSTANT and nasty.

Sharks Tooth cocktail:

Ingredients
2 1/2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 part fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
1/2 part Soda Water
1/2 part Grenadine
Lime Wedges

Instructions
Pour rum, lemon juice and lime juice in a tall glass and gently stir. Top with soda water, then gently pour in grenadine. Garnish with a lime wedge.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 7.50.03 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not just the Eurodam, also the Rotterdam.

Roy

Yes, of course the Rotterdam and any other ships in the path of Nicole.  I'm not sure if anyone here on the Daily is on or will be on the Rotterdam, but there is a good chance someone reading here will be so smooth seas for everyone!🚢

• Like 17

32 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Glad you are enjoying your cruise, are you getting morning and evening cabin service. We sail on the NA on Dec 4th and look forward to your comments.

We are getting service twice a day. I wasn't asked to select once or twice a day.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Very good quote and selection of days.

Not sure about the meal.

We have been to Bonaire, pretty island and part of the ABC islands north of Venezuela.

I can't believe Florida is going to be hit by another hurricane, only a Cat. 1 but I worry about all the homes that are tarped and if they hold up in 70 MPH winds, if not there will tons of water damage to so many homes. Right now Punta Gorda and Charlotte County are out of the projected cone but we still get some wind and rain starting tomorrow and lasting through Thursday

Well, I was lucky and was able to see the hand surgeon at 11AM yesterday. He looked at my finger and said it looked pretty bad, numbed me up pretty good and I didn't feel a thing as the nail just about fell off and he removed all the junk in the fingertip with various instruments, whole process took about 10 minutes. He gave me prescriptions for pain and swelling and said I would have a tough night sleeping, I made it through the night without hardly any pain and slept well. I haven't taken a pain pill but took 1 800MG ibuprofen tablet. Bad news is 4 weeks without golf, the 4th week we will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam so that will be good. 

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

My trusted weather guru says to ignore the cone. This is a huge storm. So I hope people take it seriously- even if it remains a tropical storm. 

My sympathies on the finger. It is good that you went to the surgeon. Glad it is not too painful. Stay safe. 

• Like 21

Good morning! I did early voting last week, so will just watch the results tonight. Never been to Bonaire, but have been to islands A& C.

My bronchitis has cleared, just in time for my pre-op exam this morning to prepare for my upcoming cataract surgeries.

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and congrats to all who are celebrating. Praying that the hurricane turns away from FL - they deserve a break!

• Like 22

I didn't post any photos earlier from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Mom, Dad and daughter with Water Island behind us (St. Thomas).enhance

That was 16 years ago!  Those years went by way too fast.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes, of course the Rotterdam and any other ships in the path of Nicole.  I'm not sure if anyone here on the Daily is on or will be on the Rotterdam, but there is a good chance someone reading here will be so smooth seas for everyone!🚢

Not sure if @oakridger has ever posted to the Daily but she is on the Rotterdam but fortunate to be in the middle of a B2B so while the itinerary will change a whole lot (A LOT more sea days) but at least her end points are covered.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Happy Tuesday Morning!

Not much happening here today, going to vote, going to work, and then going to the County symphony!

@Cruzin TerriI hope you are feeling better.  Was this booster, 1 -2 or 3?  I was feeling just like you are with booster 2.  My friend Penny was feeling the same way on booster 3. 

My neighbor who I dog walk for, well, let me say that it is a small world.  Long before I met Chuck (DH),  I lived in a duplex in Decatur GA.  The people next door were Tricia, her kids, and a hubby I didn't much care for, and across the street were Brad and Judy.  Our zydeco music friends.  This was back in the early 90's.  One day not long after I moved in here, in 2003, I saw Judy over at my neighbors house, turns out they were besties, and so I kept up with the old neighbor hood through my new neighbor.

Well Brad passed away two months ago, and Tricia passed away this past Friday, she was in the same hospital in the same unit as Shari was, but she died from Covid.  Chuck didn't know these folks, but they were very much a part of my life from 90-93, and I have been doing some of that soul searching over the last few days.

@4966and556 I am so happy the adoption went through, what is your new Furbaby's name?  and we want pictures please!  

th?id=OIP.VpxAzUaJ5AStEyMefIDpcgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0

2a5b61289d79fc07f917b97a52646e54.jpg

• Like 22