The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 11th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning from central Texas.  We're supposed to get heavy rains and a cold front stzrting in a few hours.  I guess I'll be driving home in the rain and wind this afternoon.

Just got a text from DH.  No doctor visit th8s morning, but the nurse said discharge papers have not been signed.  I guess we're still on the roller-coaster from yesterday.  As soon as I finish this, it will be time to get dressed, ger some breakfast and head back to the hospital and DH's tiny room.  It's about 1/3 the size of the ICU room, which was their largest one.

Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans here.  My grandfather was in the Navy in WWI and both our fathers were in the Army in WWII.  For me toady has an9ther special meaning.  It would have been my mother's 111 birthday.  She was born 11/11/11.

I'll salute the other three days, especially education.

Another interesting Oscar Wilde quote.

I like trout but probably not with a the bean sauce.  I'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We spent 2 1/2 days in Manaus in 2006.  Then, if you could walk around town  but I'm not sure about now.  Wtook a city tour and two tours through the nungle by boat.  Sandi @StLouisCruisers would you please repost my pictures?

I better stop now, and get moving.  The doctor saw DH he'll leave soon.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Happy Veterans Day. Thanks everyone for your contributions that make this a special thread. I finished packing my suitcase that will be picked up in three weeks. I'm not excited at all. I just want to be ready. And luckily it weighs in at 45 pounds so if I leave it alone everything should be fine. I am going to an art walk tonight with son and grandson and we will grab pizza before. I am enjoying Mobile. So warm and sunny. 

• Like 24

@smitty34877Happy birthday to your darling grandchildren!!  🎂

Many thanks for our veterans that have fought in our wars to keep us and others free.  My first husband was a door gunner in a helicopter in Viet Nam in the late 60s.  He got messed up a lot by it but is doing wonderfully now.  My DB was drafted in the early 60s but lucked out and was sent to Germany.   My DF and his two brothers never served in WWII as they were essential industry running a dairy.  

I am heading to see DB in a few minutes.   No word on how his visit went to the surgeon.   From what my DS says he is still really sleepy and talks with his eyes closed and his bed sores are spreading.  I feel so sorry for him. 

Sandi thanks for sharing the photos from the previous port date.  We will be in Manaus March 4&5 next year.   If we do anything there we will do a HA tour.   

I will pass on the trout, the cocktail but  Bandol is a favorite of mine.   

Roy thanks for sharing your itinerary.  It sounds like a wonderful relaxing cruise.  We will be in Puerto Limon on January 7th.  I hope you will have some photos to share.   @richwmnthank you for compiling the Fleet and Daily for us each day.   Prayers for all on our care list, Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI hope Steve's transfer goes well today.  Prayers for the people in Ukraine.  Have a nice Friday!   Nancy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from central Texas.  We're supposed to get heavy rains and a cold front stzrting in a few hours.  I guess I'll be driving home in the rain and wind this afternoon.

Just got a text from DH.  No doctor visit th8s morning, but the nurse said discharge papers have not been signed.  I guess we're still on the roller-coaster from yesterday.  As soon as I finish this, it will be time to get dressed, ger some breakfast and head back to the hospital and DH's tiny room.  It's about 1/3 the size of the ICU room, which was their largest one.

Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans here.  My grandfather was in the Navy in WWI and both our fathers were in the Army in WWII.  For me toady has an9ther special meaning.  It would have been my mother's 111 birthday.  She was born 11/11/11.

I like trout but probably not with a the bean sauce.  I'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We spent 2 1/2 days in Manaus in 2006.  Then, if you could walk around town  but I'm not sure about now.  Wtook a city tour and two tours through the nungle by boat.  Sandi @StLouisCruisers would you please repost my pictures?

Lenda

Morning, Lenda!  I hope today is a better day for you and Steve.  

I checked the March 27, 2021 post on Manaus and that was a travel day from I believe Quartzsite to your Texas abode.  You mentioned getting things out of the motorhome.  Since you posted late in the day you didn't post any photos but you did explain when and where you went in Manaus.  The following is what Lenda said that day about Manaus, Brazil.

We were in Manaus in 2006 on the old Regal Princess doing b2bs making it a round trip from FLL.  Since Manaus was a turn around port for those doing only 14 days, we were there 2 1/2 days.  The afternoon we arrived, we took a riverboat tour that also included a small boat through the jungle. We saw the pink dolphins then.

The next day we did a city tour that included the opera house and the zoo.  in the afternoon we took a shuttle out to a resort.

We were lucky to be there when it was safe to go out on your own.  The last day, we wandered down to the market.  Four of us took one of the small boats out to the back waters.  They stopped the boat at a relative’s house.  He and his kids came out with a anaconda, a three toed sloth and a green parrot.  I was surprised at how soft the sloth’s fur was.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Well, we just keep going with the flow! Jeepers!

I've had port cancellations, tour cancellations, itinerary changes, 5 flight changes (!) and a partridge in a pear tree.. for our upcoming Dec/Jan Rotterdam. This morning was an embarking time change but doesn't affect us as we will be onboard. And another switcheroo on islands. As my sweetheart just reminded me.. we are blessed and we will have a wonderful time. 

• Like 26

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I beg your pardon for saying happy birthday to your granddaughters earlier -- I misread your post.  It appears your family was blessed with boy and girl twins!  I hope they have a wonderful day!

Sandi, I didn't  specify!Thanks for your birthday wishes They seem very excited to reach the ripe old age of 12.Tonight they are traveling to Boston to see a Celtics game.Life is good. 

• Like 18

Greetings from MD on this soggy Veterans Day. To all that have served, thank you for your service! Thank you for the Daily, Rich, and safe travels, Roy.

So glad I did early voting last week because...my pre-op visit on Tuesday for the cataract surgery took an unexpected turn! Everything was fine, and it seemed that the doctor was about to sign off on the paperwork, when they did the EKG.  Oops, after 3 runs, the dr said "I want you to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW!" Turns out I have AFib, and my heart rate was extremely high. Not good. So I spent most of the day in the ER as they ran tests and waited for a bed to become available in the cardiac unit. The Echocardiogram revealed that I have a leaky heart valve, and the drs all agree that I was lucky that they found it early, before a clot caused a stroke or heart attack. Phew! Thank you, Lord!! I was released Wednesday afternoon & now am taking Elequis & a med to slow down the heart rate. I feel fine, and felt ok through the whole experience! The eye surgeon has no problem working on someone taking blood thinners, so I guess I'm good for the 22nd! 

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Good morning from SE AZ and Happy Friday!  Very chilly this morning, the low was 37F. I don’t remember a November being this chilly before. 

There is no change in my cold, in fact I felt worse last night.  I’ve been coughing and I never have a cough. I was supposed to have a hair appointment today but rescheduled and also meet with DD to make our Thanksgiving grocery list. I told her that I’d see how I feel tomorrow. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, what a stressful day you had yesterday. I hope things straighten out and you both get some answers. 

Terry @smitty34877, Happy Birthday to your twin grandchildren! 🎈🎈. They are adorable but at 12 they probably don’t want to be called adorable. 

Thank you to all who are serving and have served on this Veterans Day. My father was in the Marines during the Korean War. Craig’s father served during WWII but would never talk about it. 

I love trout but not sure I’d like the sauce. The last time I had trout was at Red Lobster and it wasn’t good, over cooked and salty. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Greetings from MD on this soggy Veterans Day. To all that have served, thank you for your service! Thank you for the Daily, Rich, and safe travels, Roy.

So glad I did early voting last week because...my pre-op visit on Tuesday for the cataract surgery took an unexpected turn! Everything was fine, and it seemed that the doctor was about to sign off on the paperwork, when they did the EKG.  Oops, after 3 runs, the dr said "I want you to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW!" Turns out I have AFib, and my heart rate was extremely high. Not good. So I spent most of the day in the ER as they ran tests and waited for a bed to become available in the cardiac unit. The Echocardiogram revealed that I have a leaky heart valve, and the drs all agree that I was lucky that they found it early, before a clot caused a stroke or heart attack. Phew! Thank you, Lord!! I was released Wednesday afternoon & now am taking Elequis & a med to slow down the heart rate. I feel fine, and felt ok through the whole experience! The eye surgeon has no problem working on someone taking blood thinners, so I guess I'm good for the 22nd! 

Edi!  Yikes!  I am so happy for you that this was discovered and that it is treatable. I hope the meds help. Take care. Thinking of you. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Veteran's day report, Rich.  I'll pass on the Oragami but celebrate all the other days and especially salute our educators.  I found the Wilde quote a bit strange, and have been to Manaus twice on the Elegant Explorer, including taking in a concert at the Opera House.  I'll pass on the Trout.  My alternative is Garden Salad, Beef Pot Roast, and Lemon Torte a la mode.as served pm MS Eurodam last night.

dishes10.jpg

Today’s care list:

Those in the path of Nicole, including HAL Sailer
Quartzite Cruiser DH battling recalcitrant hospital
Kazu severe foot injury
Grapau27, smitty34877 postponing joint replacement
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
NextOne with new heart valve problem
Lady Hudson DH recovering from oral surgery
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Mister67 persistent hand injury
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda recovering at home
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
2daysfor RednckBob (Beyond 11/13 to 11/20)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea.
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for posting what I wrote last year.  I did post four pictures the next day.  In the meantime I found some pictures on the tablet and will try posting them, but without much commentary.

The meeting of the waters.  The murky water is the Amazon, and the clear is the Rio Negra.

1848967881_IMG_02792.thumb.JPG.77fc1140d657dc39b587a0e5206d747a.JPG

Our firsr view of Manaus

IMG_0290.thumb.JPG.ffa8e3aae6b4b4de1cb327ea1adb9d30.JPG

One of the passenger boats that travel the Amazon 

IMG_0293.thumb.JPG.e1a32928c427d2a1070146578bbc9f07.JPG

The little boats we transferred to for the ride through the jungle.IMG_0296.thumb.JPG.74109bfe117ed80f9fae074303e0e789.JPG

Houses in the jungleIMG_0310.thumb.JPG.60de28fda9d7bd83ae9bda7571bc3227.JPG

IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.746e5e30eab941c657abfa0e9e4ef4c0.JPG

Pictures from our tour of the city

IMG_0360.thumb.JPG.0628778b15ac3f8f1d2541954734f64f.JPG

IMG_0370.thumb.JPG.ea5efc4cd714e431b0b4d570257e4164.JPG

IMG_0398.thumb.JPG.deb625bdacb3705a83a8d9afcf958e85.JPG

IMG_0454.thumb.JPG.b3c84e646e5f765862f1f369be8b88b3.JPG

Manaus at night

IMG_0405.thumb.JPG.cd544dbf033cdd3641e07dfd7ecc5469.JPG

Our last day we got another samll boat with another couple to go out in the jungle again.

A cayman hidding in the vegetation 

IMG_0428.thumb.JPG.f57d0230106c8c61a402c6a152ccbab4.JPG

We stopped at one house and they brought out their pets.  The sloth was soft, but I didn't pet the snake,  DH did.

IMG_0431.thumb.JPG.7dd6b2cbad6dd6a65bb52042f13c79a4.JPG

IMG_0433.thumb.JPG.aae6e588c83717189c45abda3405bc7c.JPG

Once back in town, we walked down to the market on the riverfront.IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.3334f99025b1c8a8d49de9f6c57b9c88.JPG

IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.e8185558f329a3353c8a5012e11c8849.JPG

This shows the river levels for many years.  It was at the head of the dock.

1217011771_IMG_04512.thumb.JPG.8b1c84f471c1ad63616abb0b13ce274d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good morning all!

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI just saw your post from yesterday and join everyone else in saying I'm so sorry that happened.  How stressful for you both, you didn't need that!  Sending hugs and prayers.

Terry @smitty34877Happy Birthday to your twin grandchildren!  Great photo 🙂  This is also my oldest niece's birthday -- always easy to remember when her birthday is 😉  

Edi @NextOneYikes!  So glad they caught your heart valve problem when they did!  

I will pass on the meal, wine and drink today.  I love trout, it's my favorite fish in fact.  But just not prepared this way with chili beans.  I'll stick to Trout Almondine 😉 

Yesterday the Grandsons' and their school put on a wonderful Veterans' Day Assembly.  Besides DH there were quite a few veterans there representing all parts of the military.  DH was in the Army, including one year in Viet Nam, and retired from the Navy.  It was their first Veterans' Assembly in 3 years because of Covid.  Last year it was done by Zoom.  I salute and thank all the veterans here!

We brought the boys home with us last night, it's SO great to see them after being gone a month plus the 2 weeks of self-isolation before the cruise.  Today we'll be taking them to "Jump, Rattle and Roll", a place with huge inflatables and slides.  Because of Covid they haven't gone in maybe 2 years, so they're pretty excited about that.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for posting what I wrote last year.  I did post four pictures the next day.  In the meantime I found some pictures on the tablet and will try posting them, but without much commentary.

The meeting of the waters.  The murky water is the Amazon, and the clear is the Rio Negra.

Our firsr view of Manaus

The little boats we transferred to for the ride through the jungle.IMG_0296.thumb.JPG.74109bfe117ed80f9fae074303e0e789.JPG

Manaus at night

Our last day we got another samll boat with another couple to go out in the jungle again.

We stopped at one house and they brought out their pets.  The sloth was soft, but I didn't pet the snake,  DH did.

Once back in town, we walked down to the market on the riverfront.IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.3334f99025b1c8a8d49de9f6c57b9c88.JPG

Lenda

Thanks for sharing your pics.  I was there on the Veendam in 2017 and it looked the same.  We walked from the ship to the opera house with no issues. Took a ships tour on a riverboat to a small community where they put on a native show complete with animals and birds, no snakes thankfully.  Brazil can make it difficult for cruise lines to do business there:  they wouldn't allow one HAL ship to transfer paper goods to another without taxing the items, according to the captain.  Was the bridge across the Amazon built then?

• Like 21

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Thank you to all Veterans worldwide; we are in your debt. A salute to Angolan independence and Education. I like origami but have never tried it. Strange quote. Thinking of those who suffered due to Nicole and those condo owners who have had to leave their homes.

veteransday.jpg.ed6c4b69cc32f70548a6b005af849613.jpg

I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink and take the wine. I haven't been to Manaus, Brazil.

We're getting rain here all day, 2-3". I need to have my gutters cleaned out after all the leaves falling, but it's nearly impossible to get someone. I used to go out on my front porch roof and do it, but those days are over.

@MISTER 67 Thank you for sharing pictures of yourself in the service.

@smitty34877 Happy birthday to your twin grandchildren. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your friend on the loss of her DM. 

@rafinmd I hope you're relaxing and enjoying yourself.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm sad to hear of the confusion at the hospital regarding DH's care; not acceptable. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DM. Thanks for the Manaus photos.

@ottahand7 Prayers for DB. How are they treating the bed sores? Do they have a wound care nurse who is doing something for them? 

@NextOne Oh my, that had to be a shock, but good that this was discovered before it caused more issues.

@Sharon in AZ Sorry to hear you're still feeling ill; get better soon! 

Prayers for the Care List and a salute to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

@NextOneI am glad that your eye doc caught that.  I may be dumb, but if you have a leaky valve, how does the blood thinner help?  I know it helps against blood clots.  I am sure that someone with more medical knowledge than me can explain.  Take care of yourself. Be safe, and I'm glad the eye doc can work on you while you are on the blood thinners.

Off to make lunch, and go to work.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Oh, I'm so glad your Afib was found during your pre-op visit.  Hoping the meds take care of the problem and happy you feel fine regardless.  Good luck on the 22nd with your cataract surgery!

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@smitty34877Happy birthday to your darling grandchildren!!  🎂

Many thanks for our veterans that have fought in our wars to keep us and others free.  My first husband was a door gunner in a helicopter in Viet Nam in the late 60s.  He got messed up a lot by it but is doing wonderfully now.  My DB was drafted in the early 60s but lucked out and was sent to Germany.   My DF and his two brothers never served in WWII as they were essential industry running a dairy.  

I am heading to see DB in a few minutes.   No word on how his visit went to the surgeon.   From what my DS says he is still really sleepy and talks with his eyes closed and his bed sores are spreading.  I feel so sorry for him. 

Sandi thanks for sharing the photos from the previous port date.  We will be in Manaus March 4&5 next year.   If we do anything there we will do a HA tour.   

I will pass on the trout, the cocktail but  Bandol is a favorite of mine.   

Roy thanks for sharing your itinerary.  It sounds like a wonderful relaxing cruise.  We will be in Puerto Limon on January 7th.  I hope you will have some photos to share.   @richwmnthank you for compiling the Fleet and Daily for us each day.   Prayers for all on our care list, Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI hope Steve's transfer goes well today.  Prayers for the people in Ukraine.  Have a nice Friday!   Nancy

I hate to hear your DB has such bad bed sores.  I hope someone there is working on relieving him of his pain and healing the sores.  Hope you have a nice visit with him.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from SE AZ and Happy Friday!  Very chilly this morning, the low was 37F. I don’t remember a November being this chilly before. 

There is no change in my cold, in fact I felt worse last night.  I’ve been coughing and I never have a cough. I was supposed to have a hair appointment today but rescheduled and also meet with DD to make our Thanksgiving grocery list. I told her that I’d see how I feel tomorrow. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, what a stressful day you had yesterday. I hope things straighten out and you both get some answers. 

Terry @smitty34877, Happy Birthday to your twin grandchildren! 🎈🎈. They are adorable but at 12 they probably don’t want to be called adorable. 

Thank you to all who are serving and have served on this Veterans Day. My father was in the Marines during the Korean War. Craig’s father served during WWII but would never talk about it. 

I love trout but not sure I’d like the sauce. The last time I had trout was at Red Lobster and it wasn’t good, over cooked and salty. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, this sounds like quite a nasty cold!  Probably a good idea to stay out of the hair salon right now.  I hope the cough gets better soon!

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Veteran's day report, Rich.  I'll pass on the Oragami but celebrate all the other days and especially salute our educators.  I found the Wilde quote a bit strange, and have been to Manaus twice on the Elegant Explorer, including taking in a concert at the Opera House.  I'll pass on the Trout.  My alternative is Garden Salad, Beef Pot Roast, and Lemon Torte a la mode.as served pm MS Eurodam last night.

dishes10.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
From the rotation:

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea.
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Roy, your dinner last night looks very good.  I'm looking forward to that meal, possibly on embarkation night like you had.  Thank you for continuing your list keeping even while cruising.  It can't be easy sometimes with cruise ship Wi-Fi being what it is.  Enjoy the journey down to Costa Rica!

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our firsr view of Manaus

Manaus at night

Lenda

Thanks for the photos of Manaus, Lenda!  Looks very interesting to say the least.

47 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI just saw your post from yesterday and join everyone else in saying I'm so sorry that happened.  How stressful for you both, you didn't need that!  Sending hugs and prayers.

Terry @smitty34877Happy Birthday to your twin grandchildren!  Great photo 🙂  This is also my oldest niece's birthday -- always easy to remember when her birthday is 😉  

Edi @NextOneYikes!  So glad they caught your heart valve problem when they did!  

I will pass on the meal, wine and drink today.  I love trout, it's my favorite fish in fact.  But just not prepared this way with chili beans.  I'll stick to Trout Almondine 😉 

Yesterday the Grandsons' and their school put on a wonderful Veterans' Day Assembly.  Besides DH there were quite a few veterans there representing all parts of the military.  DH was in the Army, including one year in Viet Nam, and retired from the Navy.  It was their first Veterans' Assembly in 3 years because of Covid.  Last year it was done by Zoom.  I salute and thank all the veterans here!

We brought the boys home with us last night, it's SO great to see them after being gone a month plus the 2 weeks of self-isolation before the cruise.  Today we'll be taking them to "Jump, Rattle and Roll", a place with huge inflatables and slides.  Because of Covid they haven't gone in maybe 2 years, so they're pretty excited about that.  

Have fun with the little ones!  It's awesome the boys' school put on the assembly honoring veterans.  Children need to hear that freedom isn't free.🎖️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

For your late mam's 111th birthday Lenda.

0E28A08F-12A8-48E8-A080-FF0DF318DC39.gif.3041fde9886fd59f1bdcb8aa942c2699.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸Happy Veterans Day!🇺🇸

My father and his five brothers all served in WWII's Army Air Force in Europe and, thankfully, my dad and my uncles all came home. After the war, my father continued with the Air Force & SAC until his retirement. My DH served between Korea and Vietnam at Sixth Army Headquarters at the Presidio (under the Golden Gate Bridge). My brother served as a platoon sargeant in Vietnam with the Army's Big Red 1.

Thank you to all the Daily-ites that have or are serving and to your relatives that have or are serving. America is better because of our veterans and active duty.

🇺🇸Thank you!🇺🇸

-Melisa

P.S. DH and I serendipitously learned that Publix is honoring veterans with a 10% discount today. I had taken DH as pushing the cart is good exercise for him. The cashier asked, then gave us his veteran's discount, and said, "Thank you for your service, sir." Nice.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

Wow that was a scare for you but I'm happy for you that it was diagnosed early and you are receiving treatment.

I am on Aspirin 75mg blood thinners and had 2 cataract ops.

They used local anaesthetic eye drops and I experienced no pain before or after.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, USN59-79 said:

Happy Veteran's Day.  Here is a picture of my father who served in WW1.P1010181.thumb.JPG.8ed374098df6d388dba986c8843a86c1.JPG

The picture was taken in 1914 when he was a student at a military school.

Concerning quotes from Oscar Wilde:  He is not a person I would seek out for quotes nor admire his common sense.  He was a homosexual in England when that was against the law.  He was called a sodomite by the father of a young man he was living with.  He decided to sue the father for slander.  He not only lost his case, but was himself convicted of gross indecency and sentenced to two years in prison. 

Ray 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@NextOneI am glad that your eye doc caught that.  I may be dumb, but if you have a leaky valve, how does the blood thinner help?  I know it helps against blood clots.  I am sure that someone with more medical knowledge than me can explain.  Take care of yourself. Be safe, and I'm glad the eye doc can work on you while you are on the blood thinners.

Off to make lunch, and go to work.

Valve issues can cause the atrium of the heart to develop fibrillation, although fibrillation can be independent of valve disease. The disorganized quivering of the atrium predisposes to blood being somewhat stagnant there, leading to clots forming. The clots can then go to the brain or block a coronary artery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

The picture was taken in 1914 when he was a student at a military school.

Concerning quotes from Oscar Wilde:  He is not a person I would seek out for quotes nor admire his common sense.  He was a homosexual in England when that was against the law.  He was called a sodomite by the father of a young man he was living with.  He decided to sue the father for slander.  He not only lost his case, but was himself convicted of gross indecency and sentenced to two years in prison. 

Ray 

Screenshot_20221111_175636.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

dishes10.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
From the rotation:

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

I hope you are having a fabulous cruise.

Graham.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

So lucky that they caught that!  AFib is the leading cause of stroke.  The new Senator from PA had a stroke and it was due to uncontrolled AFib that he probably never realized he had.  My late DH had it too.  He had to go through cardioversion and they had to shock him three times.   Prayers for this to heal!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1