The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday November 12th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National French Dip Day, World Pneumonia Day, and National Happy Hour Day

Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.--Albert Camus

Meal Suggestion for today - Autumn Squash Salad
Drink of the Day - Sauza Peach Margarita
Wine of the Day - Pine Ridge White Blend, California JS90°
Destination of the Day - Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puerto Limon, Costa Rica eta 11/13

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/13

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Miami, Florida eta 11/19

Rotterdam

Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal

Zaandam

Zanzibar, Tanzania 08:00 - 13 Nov 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/17

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Gladsrone QLD, Queensland Australia

Westerdam

Lyttelton-Christchurch, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00

1112World.thumb.png.a3adf8054beb51a6236a895181cf3977.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Good morning.  Happy Saturday!  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cool day for us with some rain in the forecast.

I'd like to be celebrating Happy Hour Day on a BHB.

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal.  The drink sounds good, hope the wine is too.

I haven't been to today's port,

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Bertie and I are heading out for a walk soon.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good afternoon from a cloudy 13°C North East coast of England.

Thank you for today's reports and Daily Rich.

I'm sure most of us like Happy Hour.

Interesting quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers for everyone who is unwell.

Bon voyage to everyone sailing and wishing you all wonderful cruises.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221112_121216.jpg

Screenshot_20221112_121257.jpg

Screenshot_20221112_121553.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  It's foggy and 60F right  now.  Clouds and a high of 69 today.  Still in the aftermath of Nicole.  Happy birthday wishes to my fantastic son today.  He would make any parent proud!

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily this morning.  I see the port of the day is Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan which is the second time we've seen that one.  First time was on May 27, 2021 and I will post the link to that date below.  I have not seen that port before so appreciate any photos anyone has to post for us.  French dip is a tasty sandwich.  I hope World Pneumonia Day casts a light on the dangerous condition.  I think we can all stand behind happy hour here on the Daily.  The autumn squash salad sounds healthy but I'm not a fan of squash unfortunately.  Watching Volendam making her way across.  Thanks Roy for the update on the itinerary of Eurodam.  Have a good day in Aruba tomorrow.

Prayers for all on our Care list which I'm sure will be posted momentarily.  So prayers for all of you as well as those in need due to war, and hurricanes.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list!  Enjoy your happy day!  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 24

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll pass on today's days and hope for an end to pneumonia someday.  I like the Camus quote but have not been to Fukuoka.  I'll also pass on the meal.  My alternative is Salad of Arugula and Frisee, Rack of Lamb, and Strawberries Romanoff as served on MS Eurodam last night. 

dishes11.jpg

We had a death in our Fire Department reported yesterday.  Long since aging out of active service Andy was a member almost as long as me.  I don't know the day of death but services are the 15th.

Today’s care list:

RIP firefighter Andy
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
NextOne with new heart valve problem
Lady Hudson DH recovering from oral surgery
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Mister67 persistent hand injury
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

My 5-star Mariner pin
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
7 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
1dayfor RednckBob (Beyond 11/13 to 11/20)
Welcome home GTVCruiser
Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone from a warm, windy & rainy Boston.  Pneumonia awareness and prevention are very important.  I like French Dip and happy hour days, yes to both!  Not sure about the quote, it’s a little too thought provoking at this early hour.  I’ll pass on the meal but I’ll take the drink, with chips and salsa please.  Haven’t been to today’s port yet.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events including our nephew John whose engagement party we will be attending this evening. 🥂

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Thank you for taking us with you, Roy & keeping the lists even on the high seas. Congrats on getting your 5️ Pin!

Zumba, gardening, and then an evening get together with friends. The sun is bright in the sky and there is a cool feel in the air. Perhaps Fall has returned. 

I should save this for Bike Week, but….

3DF025EE-1AF8-43A7-8D7D-BB2F18829B2F.jpeg.726add23f759c8401a462eb0d72d4091.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc~Viognier White Blend

All released vintages of this lovely wine share the same very good - excellent reviews and reasonable prices. Consumers love it too! This is one of my two favorite white blends. Great for just sipping, or with a meal. I found numerous online distributors with prices starting at $9.99.

Wine Enthusiast, 90

This fragrant, stylish blend of Chenin Blanc and Viognier is the type of dry white I wish more California wineries would focus on. Think of a spring flower garden oozing with melon and citrus blossom notes. Fresh, light to medium-bodied, and dry, it is a food-friendly white to enjoy as an aperitif or with food.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Strange quote, I wonder what we are supposed to be.

I really like French Dip sandwiches but I can't remember the last time I had one.

Just returned from breakfast at Bob Evan's, very good eggs, pancakes and bacon meal.

Only time I've been to Japan was on the way to Vietnam in 1967.

Regardless what your political beliefs are, what is going on in Nevada and Arizona with vote counting is a joke and almost criminal. 

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 23

Last night we went to an art walk and celebration in Mobile. My son was asked to fill in for an absent member of the puppet group. Here is a picture of him. I think blue with that cute orange hairstyle is adorable. Grandson and I had a ball too. He spent the night with me and will be here to help get my entry into the vegan chili cook off started. Prayers for all. Thanks for the contributions that make this a great place.

IMG_4969.JPG

Edited by lindaler
I was told his hair was orange, not red.
  • Like 28
  • Haha 1

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thank you for the daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day onboard.  Tomorrow will be our first turn around day in Port Everglades hope it goes smoothly. Definitely will celebrate Happy Hour Day.

Starting the day in the Pinnacle Grill. 

20221112_081714.thumb.jpg.feacc08f530d4e87fb10209152be4f3c.jpg

• Like 30

Good morning everyone. After a rainy miserable day yesterday , today will be 70 degrees and sunny. It’s probably one of the last days we will be able to sit outside with friends. 
Prayers for all on our care list , and for those affected by Nicole. My friends in Florida have all checked in as safe.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 20

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's foggy and 60F right  now.  Clouds and a high of 69 today.  Still in the aftermath of Nicole.  Happy birthday wishes to my fantastic son today.  He would make any parent proud!

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily this morning.  I see the port of the day is Fukuoka (Hakata), Japan which is the second time we've seen that one.  First time was on May 27, 2021 and I will post the link to that date below.  I have not seen that port before so appreciate any photos anyone has to post for us.  French dip is a tasty sandwich.  I hope World Pneumonia Day casts a light on the dangerous condition.  I think we can all stand behind happy hour here on the Daily.  The autumn squash salad sounds healthy but I'm not a fan of squash unfortunately.  Watching Volendam making her way across.  Thanks Roy for the update on the itinerary of Eurodam.  Have a good day in Aruba tomorrow.

Prayers for all on our Care list which I'm sure will be posted momentarily.  So prayers for all of you as well as those in need due to war, and hurricanes.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list!  Enjoy your happy day!  Have a great day everyone.

Happy birthday to your son today Sandi.

76CD6CA2-D30F-404E-AC90-45961FE1F856.jpeg.804952145e44e55013c61f6aa17aa71e.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Ironically, we went out to lunch yesterday and I had a delicious French dip beef au jus sandwich. Another pretty day here and we are back on neighbors cat sitting duty; as there headed to Troy State to watch Army and Troy State football game.

After morning walk it’s back to harvesting the ever ending falling acorns. It’s the acorns 10,000 vs the squirrels 500!

Rich thanks for the Fleet Report and to all our posting friends.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 25

57 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll pass on today's days and hope for an end to pneumonia someday.  I like the Camus quote but have not been to Fukuoka.  I'll also pass on the meal.  My alternative is Salad of Arugula and Frisee, Rack of Lamb, and Strawberries Romanoff as served on MS Eurodam last night. 

dishes11.jpg

We had a death in our Fire Department reported yesterday.  Long since aging out of active service Andy was a member almost as long as me.  I don't know the day of death but services are the 15th.

Today’s care list:

RIP firefighter Andy
Kazu severe foot injury
From the rotation:

My 5-star Mariner pin
Welcome home GTVCruiser
Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for posting today's lists Roy.

Your meal last night looks tasty.

Our condolences for Andy's family and friends.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good Saturday Morning!  Yes, it's foggy in Stone Mountain today too.  Nicole is not moving away fast enough.

This morning is Shari's Life Celebration at 11.   We are leaving at 9:30.  Her sister called me yesterday to find out where they could take Shari's clothes (goodwill) and where to sell her movies and books. (same part of town a mile from Goodwill)  which i gave her, the addresses and phone numbers, and added the information regarding a restaurant that was one of Shari's favorites that was near the place that buys back books and movies.

I called Barbara last night to find out what to wear to a life celebration, she said in her case, it would be whatever fit, as she has not dressed up for more than 3 years.  I have my go to skirt, but lack an appropriate top.  then Penny called and it turns out that the address that she had posted on face book was wrong.  So she was going to update that.  Barbara said that she really didn't want to go, but she would drive herself and leave early.    Penny wants to visit with old co workers, so she is driving herself to stay longer.

@rafinmdI think you can take Jesse off the list for a while.  He has acknowledged the cancer, he is doing the radiation treatment, however his white blood cell count is too low to get the chemo.  This has been for the last two weeks.  He has to have 7 treatments with the chemo, and he has only had 2, but that's not his fault.

Prayers and cares for all.  Have a great day!

6bc82efdf9365d639ea7d32794791de4--happy-saturday-funny-saturday-coffee-humor.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

dishes11.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP firefighter Andy
Kazu severe foot injury
From the rotation:

My 5-star Mariner pin
Welcome home GTVCruiser

Roy

Roy, my condolences to the family of fireman Andy on his recent passing.  Congrats to you on arriving at 5 star status!  And also thanks for the mention on the Celebration list.

Neighbor Linda is holding a Celebration of Life service for her late DH on Dec. 3 at a church in a nearby town.  Unfortunately we will be on our cruise then but intend to donate to our local food pantry in his name.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone from a warm, windy & rainy Boston.  Pneumonia awareness and prevention are very important.  I like French Dip and happy hour days, yes to both!  Not sure about the quote, it’s a little too thought provoking at this early hour.  I’ll pass on the meal but I’ll take the drink, with chips and salsa please.  Haven’t been to today’s port yet.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events including our nephew John whose engagement party we will be attending this evening. 🥂

Congrats to your nephew John on his engagement!  Have a good time tonight.🥂

29 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Thank you for taking us with you, Roy & keeping the lists even on the high seas. Congrats on getting your 5️ Pin!

Zumba, gardening, and then an evening get together with friends. The sun is bright in the sky and there is a cool feel in the air. Perhaps Fall has returned. 

I should save this for Bike Week, but….

3DF025EE-1AF8-43A7-8D7D-BB2F18829B2F.jpeg.726add23f759c8401a462eb0d72d4091.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc~Viognier White Blend

All released vintages of this lovely wine share the same very good - excellent reviews and reasonable prices. Consumers love it too! This is one of my two favorite white blends. Great for just sipping, or with a meal. I found numerous online distributors with prices starting at $9.99.

Wine Enthusiast, 90

This fragrant, stylish blend of Chenin Blanc and Viognier is the type of dry white I wish more California wineries would focus on. Think of a spring flower garden oozing with melon and citrus blossom notes. Fresh, light to medium-bodied, and dry, it is a food-friendly white to enjoy as an aperitif or with food.

Love the meme!  And the wine sounds decent and affordable today.  I'll have a glass please!

22 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Strange quote, I wonder what we are supposed to be.

I really like French Dip sandwiches but I can't remember the last time I had one.

Just returned from breakfast at Bob Evan's, very good eggs, pancakes and bacon meal.

Only time I've been to Japan was on the way to Vietnam in 1967.

Regardless what your political beliefs are, what is going on in Nevada and Arizona with vote counting is a joke and almost criminal. 

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Hope your finger is doing okay today.  I agree they need to rework their election process in Arizona and Nevada.  Start counting absentees earlier perhaps or set an earlier deadline for absentee ballots (or do both).  Other states can do it.  Look at Florida!  In our state we need to rethink this 50% of the votes policy because of the havoc it has caused the last two elections.  Just pick whomever has the most votes, like other states do!

21 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Happy Birthday to Jake @Crazy For Cats

Thanks for the reminder!  Happy birthday Jake!🥂

16 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Last night we went to an art walk and celebration in Mobile. My son was asked to fill in for an absent member of the puppet group. Here is a picture of him. I think blue with that cute orange hairstyle is adorable. Grandson and I had a ball too. He spent the night with me and will be here to help get my entry into the vegan chili cook off started. Prayers for all. Thanks for the contributions that make this a great place.

IMG_4969.JPG

This looks like such a fun event!  Enjoy cooking with your grandson.  I can tell how happy you are with your new life in Mobile and I'm happy for you.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your son today Sandi.

76CD6CA2-D30F-404E-AC90-45961FE1F856.jpeg.804952145e44e55013c61f6aa17aa71e.jpeg

Thank you Graham!  I like that Princess ship birthday meme.  Very cool!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3