The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday November 12th, 2022

richwmn

11 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from the Noordam

Spent a great day in Sydney yesterday. There was a shuttle to Darling Harbor and we walked from there. Weather was perfect .

We are wearing masks again for the next 3 days and then all will be tested again. There was some issue with a Princess ship and high covid numbers. Not sure how accurate so I am not going to repeat it. There was a reporter outside the terminal and there was a news helicopter flying overhead as we were leaving port. Princess was still there.

We had some staff changes including the CD. That one was ok. She was not a good fit and needs more training. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

It was reported that there was 800 cases of Covid on that Princess ship!😱

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

You may want to take the Florida turnpike if you are coming from the Atlanta area and then head over to the east coast when it splits around Orlando.  Just check that your electronic pass works on the turnpike. We find it a much easier drive coming from the Atlanta area and all of our friends who live by us in South Florida also always take the turnpike vs 95.  If you live on the Georgia coast then obviously 95 will work for you but if it backs up around Jupiter you can. head over to the turnpike which parallels 95 but then goes to Fort Lauderdale. Try to avoid rush hour which starts around 3 PM in South Florida because at that time all the roads are a mess.  

We don't have an electronic pass.  Neither Florida's nor Georgia's Peach Pass.  Since we're driving a rental car down I was hoping to avoid the whole toll road thing.  Just another thing to arrange or worry about.  Sigh...

36 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

We leave one week from today for Rome, 8 days there and then board the Island Princess for the TA. Suitcases are mostly packed with weight and room to spare but the last-minute list is getting longer. Hope it all fits. 

Update to the summer's Lemonade Pie. If you like eggnog, you might enjoy this version.

Small package of Jello vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 2/3 cup of eggnog, mix well and then add a bit of rum extract and fresh grated nutmeg. Blend in 1 3/4 cup of thawed Cool Whip and chill. The store was out of the premade graham cracker crusts so I got the Keebler shortbread crust. Yum!

Enjoy the weekend.

We have done no packing yet at all and drive to Florida Friday.  We did get the suitcases brought upstairs and are open on the guest room beds.  Guess we'd better get started!

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aliaschief said:

It was reported that there was 800 cases of Covid on that Princess ship!😱

Yes that is what we heard. I just can’t believe it.  We were docked at White bay and the shuttle driver told us. Princess has to do a deep cleaning and embarkation was delayed. There was some controversity/ gossip about releasing all those sick passengers. 
  Our Captain has urged people to wear masks and wash. We went to the bow for sail away ( we sailed under the bridge) and most everyone was wearing masks. 
    It was not crowded. We stood by the anchor rather than crowd in at the rail. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We don't have an electronic pass.  Neither Florida's nor Georgia's Peach Pass.  Since we're driving a rental car down I was hoping to avoid the whole toll road thing.  Just another thing to arrange or worry about.  Sigh...

When we have rented a car they just added the toll charges to the bill at the end. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a cold, windy and sunny central Texas.  It was 36F when I got up this morning.  At least, the sun is out.

When I got to rehab this morning DH had been to therapy.  He is doing a lot better and is more alert.  He was able to get out of bed without much assistance.  They are still trying to figure out what is happening with his BP.  It drops drastically when he is sitting up.  Once he is back in bed, it goes back up.  His appetite is back, and he ate his entire lunch except for the roll.  All in all, I'm very happy with his progress.

We realized it had been a long time since we've had a French dip.  We both got our pneumonia vaccine shots last year.  And who doesn't like happy hour.

The quote today is a strange one.

The meal sounds interesting as do the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Fukuoka.  Tony, @sailingdutchy thanks for your pictures.

@rafinmd  Roy, congratulations on reaching 5 Star status.  Our condolences on the passing of Firefighter Andy.

@mamaofami  Enjoy your warm weather.  That is good news your friends in Florida are safe.

@Mr. Boston  Congratulations on your nephew's engagement.

@cunnorl  According to a news report I saw, the ship with the Covid cases is the Majestic Princess.  There are 800 passengers out of 4,000 passengers who tested positive.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, we're sending HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to your DS.  Your DD's ornaments are lovely.

@lindaler  I have also noticed how much happier you seem to be after the move.  Hope your chili wins.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you get the pest control mess straightened out.  There are just some businesses who won't acknowledge when a customer wants to end the business relationship.

@Crazy For Cats

🎂 🎁 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAKE!  🥂 🍾

It's about time for me to head back home.  I want to be home and have things organized in time to watch the Texas TCU game.  Of course, I'm pulling for the Longhorns 🤘but the Horned Frogs are ranked #4.  

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a cold, windy and sunny central Texas.  It was 36F when I got up this morning.  At least, the sun is out.

When I got to rehab this morning DH had been to therapy.  He is doing a lot better and is more alert.  He was able to get out of bed without much assistance.  They are still trying to figure out what is happening with his BP.  It drops drastically when he is sitting up.  Once he is back in bed, it goes back up.  His appetite is back, and he ate his entire lunch except for the roll.  All in all, I'm very happy with his progress.

We realized it had been a long time since we've had a French dip.  We both got our pneumonia vaccine shots last year.  And who doesn't like happy hour.

@rafinmd  Roy, congratulations on reaching 5 Star status.  Our condolences on the passing of Firefighter Andy.

@mamaofami  Enjoy your warm weather.  That is good news your friends in Florida are safe.

@cunnorl  According to a news report I saw, the ship with the Covid cases is the Majestic Princess.  There are 800 passengers out of 4,000 passengers who tested positive.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, we're sending HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to your DS.  Your DD's ornaments are lovely.

@lindaler  I have also noticed how much happier you seem to be after the move.  Hope your chili wins.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you get the pest control mess straightened out.  There are just some businesses who won't acknowledge when a customer wants to end the business relationship.

@Crazy For Cats

It's about time for me to head back home.  I want to be home and have things organized in time to watch the Texas TCU game.  Of course, I'm pulling for the Longhorns 🤘but the Horned Frogs are ranked #4.  

Lenda

Thank you.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Not really a French dip fan. Pneumonia can be deadly and all who can should get vaccinated. I'll drink to Happy Hour! (theoretically, still doing no alcohol). Camus can be hard to interpret.

I'll pass on the meal and wine. The drink sounds good,

I haven't been to Fukuoka or anywhere in Japan.

We got almost 2.5" of rain yesterday! Today it's cloudy and cool. No specific plans, but I do need to do some trying on and laying out of stuff for my trip.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to DS! And DD is very talented.

@rafinmd My condolences on the passing of Firefighter Andy. And congrats on reaching 5-star Mariner!

@lindaler Looks like a fun time in Mobile. Good luck with the chili cook-off.

@Crazy For Cats Happy Birthday Jake! 

@marshhawk Thinking of you today as you go to Shari's life celebration. 

@ottahand7 I hope DB is starting to feel better.

@Seasick Sailor I needed that reminder to turn off the water to the outside spigots and put the covers on outside! I keep forgetting to do it.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I like French Dip sandwiches, but can't remember the last time I had one.  Pneumonia awareness is important. I always think of the phrase "Pneumonia the old person's friend" because in the case of both my parents, pneumonia is how their lives ended 😞  Not sure it could be called a friend, but it is what ended their suffering.  I know a lot of us are up for celebrating Happy Hour.

Although the photos in the recipes look really good, I'm not a fan of squash so will pass on the meal today.  The drink sounds good, and Pine Ridge is one of my favorite wines, we always have it in the house.  We were pleasantly surprised on our cruise last/this month to see it on the wine package list.

@StLouisCruisersSandi Happy Birthday to your son!

@rafinmd Condolences to the family and friends of Andy.  Congratulations on making 5-Star!

@Crazy For CatsJake Happy Birthday!

@*Miss G*Happy Birthday to your son-in-law!

@dfishDebbie the people at the pest control company have a screw loose to expect you to give them a copy of your purchase agreement.  Totally nuts IMO.  That makes no sense at all.

Thank you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday from SE AZ where it is chilly and warming up to about 72F. This morning was yard day and the worker came early which is really nice. He found a water drip leak, seems like we have one every few months. Craig has replaced a lot but not the side yard where it was discovered. 

I am feeling better today and think I’m on the mend. I took another covid test last night just to be sure and it was negative. 

I absolutely love French Dips and make my own using deli roast beef and use consume soup as the dipper. Yum. I’ll have to get the ingredients. BTW Graham @grapau27, the accompaniments in the article you posted might sometimes be served with the sandwich, but here it’s always French Fries and possibly a pickle. I do like cheese on mine and sometimes add sautéed mushrooms and onions. 

Debbie @dfish, thank you for the recipes today. Here’s another Ina Garten recipe in case anyone is interested. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-beet-butternut-squash-and-apple-salad-5498505. It was on just this morning, the episode was Thanksgiving sides. 

Jake @Crazy For Cats — Happy Birthday!  Enjoy your special day — extra special spent on a BHB!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, Happy Birthday to your DS!  Also those ornaments from your DD are beautiful!

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you. Always nice to be on a BHB to celebrate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

When we have rented a car they just added the toll charges to the bill at the end. 

Really?  I've heard the rental car company has to wait for the bill to come in, then they charge your credit card for the total tolls.  They go by the license plate if there is no transponder.  Maybe that's what you meant by paying at the end.

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Crazy For Cats

Lenda

It's great to hear that Steve is doing so much better today.  I do hope they can figure out the BP problem while out of bed.  That's pretty important!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am checking in quickly tonight.

We are at our house everyday trying to pack up all the stuff the water mitigation people left behind.  We have signed the contract and given the deposit.

We just have a lot of work in the next two weeks.

Pack up the kitchen and anything left around.

Pick out the tile, paint and vanity for the bathroom.

All this before Thanksgiving. 

Also pack for our cruise.

i think we have to get a self storage place for our clothes so that the closets can get painted.

I am so tired.

I will post when I can.

Also prayers needed for my next door neighbor.  She had another stroke today, plus liver is blocked and some other stuff.  Not sure she is going to make it.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

OMG!   My DD just sent me a news story about a priest at her church who had a guardian angel watching over him on the way to mass one Sunday recently.  You won't believe the video!

https://www.insideedition.com/media/videos/ohio-priest-left-uninjured-after-suv-flies-over-his-car-during-high-speed-crash-77999

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am checking in quickly tonight.

We are at our house everyday trying to pack up all the stuff the water mitigation people left behind.  We have signed the contract and given the deposit.

We just have a lot of work in the next two weeks.

Pack up the kitchen and anything left around.

Pick out the tile, paint and vanity for the bathroom.

All this before Thanksgiving. 

Also pack for our cruise.

i think we have to get a self storage place for our clothes so that the closets can get painted.

I am so tired.

I will post when I can.

Also prayers needed for my next door neighbor.  She had another stroke today, plus liver is blocked and some other stuff.  Not sure she is going to make it.

God bless,

Terri

So sorry about your neighbor.  Prayers for her!

Lots of work to do but at least there is some movement on the house.  Hope you get it all done in time.

• Like 5

@StLouisCruisersWe rented a car when we were in Orlando in September for a convention. I received the toll bill about 2 weeks later and it was a fair amount less that I thought it was going to be.

And oh my goodness on the video of the car flying through the air. Yikes-his guardian angel worked hard that day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We were lucky enough to be in Sydney yesterday and down by the Opera House when the Noordam was leaving for the trip around Australia.
It was a beautiful day and a wonderful sight to see. There was a tug attached by a line at the stern and it looked quite funny, as if it was being towed by the ship! The captain gave a loud toot as the ship went under the bridge.

5FB1D56A-54A4-440F-BB8A-532F1C736279.thumb.jpeg.b72bf40d7a8cb00ece1166677bad5031.jpeg

Best wishes to all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

OMG!   My DD just sent me a news story about a priest at her church who had a guardian angel watching over him on the way to mass one Sunday recently.  You won't believe the video!

https://www.insideedition.com/media/videos/ohio-priest-left-uninjured-after-suv-flies-over-his-car-during-high-speed-crash-77999

This is a miracle.

We have sent it on to Father David.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1