On Wonder of the Seas, It’s so crowded :(

RC Dancers

I will try to check to see if it is Simeon onboard or someone else may already know- is the Comedy Club the same as the Attic? We are going to the Attic tonight to see Nery Seanz and Stephen Thomas.  I did find the Escape Room, but it is not showing up under 'activities'.   That might be if all the time slots are booked up, they do let you reserve time slots for the laser tag, so could be similar.  There is a fitted cover over the Escape Room sign on deck 14 but I will swing by again this evening and see if it seems to be in use yet.  There is a Lot more seating in Windjammers than appears, there is more than what is just immediately around the food islands, this keeps it from feeling like one giant cafeteria.  I love how they did away with the long counters and went with islands, really spreads the crowds out and if you just need one item, you are not in a huge line.  Plus a ton of washy washy sinks :0)

Edited by T-2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Can someone check out and tell me if the Escape room is up and running yet? Thanks.

I just came off the TA, and there is an Escape Room, albeit not a true one. Because the ship was originally going to be in Asia, a true one was not built, but it’s in the plans. This one still had puzzles to solve, and it was free of charge. Sign up early. It was still difficult and we failed..haha

It was still fun.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, T-2 said:

I do wish I had brought a few magnetic hooks, the only thing I miss is maybe 2 or 3 hooks in the cabin for hanging a hat or a place to lay your clothes while you are in the shower. 

There are 4 permanent hooks underneath the TV (at least in balcony cabins).  Wonder is the first Oasis class ship I've seen these installed on.  While they are far from the bathroom, they are still helpful for hanging bathing suits.  Although since I always bring my own magnetic hooks, I had plenty of them on my last trip 😁

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Was on Allure recently and had MTD Never had more than a 5-10 minute wait including the first night.

Last few cruise were on the Harmony and every single night when we came out of early fixed dining the line was huge!  And on formal nights it was even worse!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Last few cruise were on the Harmony and every single night when we came out of early fixed dining the line was huge!  And on formal nights it was even worse!!

Don’t worry, Royal will solve that problem by slimming down the menu 🙄🙄

When we were on Harmony in August, Captain J. said they were “fully staffed”, so the understaffed excuse for the long lines doesn’t work. They certainly seem to be having a lot more issues post-shutdown. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

If you picked a fixed dining time, you would have had no line.  There are multiple places to eat on a Oasis Class ship, for breakfast and dinner.  My guess yesterday being boarding day, people are not aware of the many choices.  I hope you friends don't cancel because you had a line on boarding day dinner. Maybe tell them to get fixed time dining and solve the issue?

My latest cruise I booked, I signed up for fixed seating.  My sister is paying for this cruise for my birthday, so I want her to be comfortable, and the rat race of the first several nights of MTD and getting a table is NOT what  want her to experience.  On my last cruise we were a group of 5, and it took us several nights to confirm our table in MTD.

That's the only way (to me) to survive the dinner crowds.  Either get a confirmed table and wait staff in MTD, or go with fixed dining.  Walk in and sit down.

20 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I just got off the Wonder yesterday. Many new staff members just came on board, and being the first sailing from Port Canaveral, there is bound to be first day issues and hopefully it will get better. It has been written on several threads about finding your MDR table prior to dinner, and then just going right to it. No need to wait in line to find out where your table is. Now that you know, just walk in.

I loved the Wonder.

Exactly great advice.

That’s what we do never had a problem.

I think there’s normally a line for MTD especially on the first night.

I’d suggest trying to switch to traditional dining especially on “O” class ships.

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I just came off the TA, and there is an Escape Room, albeit not a true one. Because the ship was originally going to be in Asia, a true one was not built, but it’s in the plans. This one still had puzzles to solve, and it was free of charge. Sign up early. It was still difficult and we failed..haha

It was still fun.

That's a game room, not Escape room. Any info on when actually building it?

10 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

That's a game room, not Escape room. Any info on when actually building it?

This is the sign at door. As I mentioned, it’s not a true Escape Room, but very challenging puzzles to get to the end prize. And no mention when the room will actually be built. It was mentioned this room was to become actual room, but also heard rumors that the card room would become Escape room.

FD0F8785-B06F-44BB-B42E-AE2D01803778.jpeg

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They have put up a new sign, it is shaped and has a fitted cover that looks expensive that is hiding it right now.  I did ask 2 members of the cruise directors team and they said Simeon was not onboard.  I will check this thread a couple other days, I spread my 3 days of internet out.  I did recheck Windjammer, there is at least one extra room of tables but I am not sure how to describe where they are, almost behind the entry wash stations (there are 18 sinks) but closer to the sides of the ship to enter the rooms, makes the dining more spread out and really reduces the noise, not well described but at least you know there are more seats than you see immediately, we also found there was a back entrance (with 2 more sinks) if you approach from the kids play area (we'd been at the flowrider), that was a nice surprise,   We were in there from just before 12:30pm and there were plenty of empty tables, and we have never heard that message over the loudspeaker asking guests if they could vacate when they were done eating nor seen a line waiting except there might have been some on departure day.  We were onboard ahead of the surge and were eager to explore after lunch. The staff have been really friendly, not sure what the plans are for the signed Diamond and up drink vouchers, we did it day 1 but not since, we always tip in cash and the vouchers are really more work for the staff.   So far printed compass has been available to the left of guest services for those of us not attached to our phones :0)

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

This is the sign at door. As I mentioned, it’s not a true Escape Room, but very challenging puzzles to get to the end prize. And no mention when the room will actually be built. It was mentioned this room was to become actual room, but also heard rumors that the card room would become Escape room.

FD0F8785-B06F-44BB-B42E-AE2D01803778.jpeg

It would be nice if they put some kind of time frame on it, since they advertise it as a feature. Thank you so much for the info!

13 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

It would be nice if they put some kind of time frame on it, since they advertise it as a feature. Thank you so much for the info!

When I first saw it, I thought it was really hokey. LOL.  Once we started trying to solve the puzzles (we had 50 mins), everybody got really into it. Since they aren’t charging for it right now, it’s definitely worth playing. Right when we started to figure it out, our time was up. It was my first time doing any type of stuff like this. Will be on Navigator next month, and may try a real Escape room with my daughters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

When I first saw it, I thought it was really hokey. LOL.  Once we started trying to solve the puzzles (we had 50 mins), everybody got really into it. Since they aren’t charging for it right now, it’s definitely worth playing. Right when we started to figure it out, our time was up. It was my first time doing any type of stuff like this. Will be on Navigator next month, and may try a real Escape room with my daughters.

Oh try a it! They can be a real blast when the rooms are all done up with lights, buttons, etc. Really themed, you know. We have a great place in Minnesota in Mall of America that has about 6 different rooms. We've done all but one. It's a lot of fun. Enjoy the rest of this trip and Navigator as well. And thanks again for the info!!!

On 11/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, RC Dancers said:

We are on fixed early dining and no one showed us to our table. We had to find it on our own.

We were on Allure of the Seas about a month ago with 5,400 or so fellow passengers and things were much more pleasant.

We hope things get better.

we have never had anyone show us to our table. I always check where the table is well before dinner time. We just walk in unassisted.

• Like 1

Royal could take lesson from the Celebrity Constellation. We were on last week. The ship was sold out.  For My Time Dinning they did something I had not seen on ship before.  You went to the host stand and they checked you in. Gave you a wait estimate and a beeper.  Instead of standing in line we could go into the  clubs and bars and wait.  So much more pleasant in my opinion.  

Edited by volk904
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, volk904 said:

Royal could take lesson from the Celebrity Constellation. We were on last week. The ship was sold out.  For My Time Dinning they did something I had not seen on ship before.  You went to the host stand and they checked you in. Gave you a wait estimate and a beeper.  Instead of standing in line we could go into the  clubs and bars and wait.  So much more pleasant in my opinion.  

Carnival does tha except instead of a beeper it notifies you on the app.

• Like 1

This is the very first time Wonder is sailing out of PC for her eastern/western run replacing Harmony.  Everyone wanted to be on the first sailing from this port on the brand new ship.  Totally expected to be packed...and it was.  

Coming off the ship out of the terminal on Sunday, which was badly delayed due to old style customs check out with presentation to agents...it was just after 9 am when we got out of there.  Felt like a salmon swimming upstream, there were so many pax (mostly families) who were crowding the area outside the terminal to board already.  Sheeez....way too early people.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

This is the very first time Wonder is sailing out of PC for her eastern/western run replacing Harmony.  Everyone wanted to be on the first sailing from this port on the brand new ship.  Totally expected to be packed...and it was.  

Coming off the ship out of the terminal on Sunday, which was badly delayed due to old style customs check out with presentation to agents...it was just after 9 am when we got out of there.  Felt like a salmon swimming upstream, there were so many pax (mostly families) who were crowding the area outside the terminal to board already.  Sheeez....way too early people.  

Probably (?) before their scheduled check in time.  And they'll be the ones whining about having to stand outside in the sun/heat waiting to get in the terminal. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1