Uber pick up at Port Everglades.

mugwood

Hi,

also posted this on the Florida board but this board is way busier.

Does anyone have experience of using Uber on debarkation?

if so, is there a designated area for pick up?

specifically terminal 29, I suspect.

is it straight forward?

travelling on to Miami airport.

I have used Uber/Lyft many times at Port Everglades but have recently switched to using taxis.  The cost is roughly the same.  The cabs take credit cards.  And it is much faster and easier to find the taxi.  The problem with Uber/Lyft is that there are so many people crowded around and so many cars coming through that it will take a fairly long time to get your car.  

Edited by basenji56
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

What does it cost to go from Port Everglades to Miami airport by Uber or by taxi?  Any problems finding drivers willing to go that far?

IIRC, Celebrity bus transfers to FLL are $19 and MIA are $29. Maybe they updated the prices from earlier this year? 

5 hours ago, mugwood said:

Hi,

also posted this on the Florida board but this board is way busier.

Does anyone have experience of using Uber on debarkation?

if so, is there a designated area for pick up?

specifically terminal 29, I suspect.

is it straight forward?

travelling on to Miami airport.

We used Lyft from Terminal 29 last May. 

When you exit the ship, there is a covered area to the left where ride share pick ups occur.  There were signs and I found it easy to follow them to the designated pickup area. 

Terminal 29 is rather remote from the other terminals and we found that it was not as much of an issue as some of the other, more crowded terminals. 

Unfortunately, we were only going to the Fort Lauderdale airport so cannot comment on getting to Miami. 

• Like 1

I've used it numerous time.   Just come out of the terminal and turn left you will see many people waiting for their cars.    Straight forward and easy to see you car arrive.   At times there may be Surge Pricing so check both Lyft and Uber.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What does it cost to go from Port Everglades to Miami airport by Uber or by taxi?  Any problems finding drivers willing to go that far?

Uber/Lyft pricing will fluctuate by the minute so YMMV. When I pre-booked our Uber ride before we docked yesterday it was $80 to Miami, by the time we got off it had jumped to just over $100. The problem with getting a cheap fare locked in is drivers may not accept it or cancel on you. Luckily our driver didn't. We didn't disembark (terminal 25) until 9am (2pm flight so no rush) and both the rideshare and taxi stand areas were jammed packed by then.

43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

...  Terminal 29 is rather remote from the other terminals and we found that it was not as much of an issue as some of the other, more crowded terminals. ...

We have found the remote location of Terminal 25 to be a problem getting a taxi when the port is crowded with a lot of other ships. The taxis have to pass all of the other terminals to get to Terminal 25 and they just don't get that far.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

Just follow the signs or ask where the Uber pick up is. It is normally the same area as the private pick ups. Terminal 25 is well marked. We just came out of terminal 19 and it was a bit of a mess, and not as clearly marked as terminal 25, but we just waited at the private pick ups area and it all worked out. I’m not sure about terminal 29 specifically.  I’ve never had an issue getting a Uber in a reasonable time period at Port Everglades. 

We were at terminal 29 9 am yesterday. The cost for Uber to our home is approx. $15. Yesterday it was $39. There were taxi's available so we threw the dice and took one. Fare came to $25 plus tip. 

There were quite a few ships in port which probably accounted for the surge pricing. Will see  what next Sunday brings. The season has begun at PE!

The OP might be better with the $29 pp bus to Miami from X.

• Like 1

If you are just going to FLL, I would just grab a taxi.  The price was actually a bit lower for us via taxi last January.  We have taken an Uber to Miami from terminal 29 and it was $53.00...with tip, this was for a mid-week departure, so I'm not sure how much higher it would be during the weekend.

Thanks all. In case any of this is any use in future.

first time using Uber as we don’t have in in our neck of Scotland.

my daughter advised on an XL as it guaranteed room for the luggage.

So, we used Uber from Miami airport to FLL, for 80$ on a Friday afternoon.

used them again from riverside hotel in FLL to the port and it was $44 due to Sunday morning cruise surge I assume.

Celebrity  transfer from the port to Mia airport was only $30 each, so went with that transfer.

• Like 1

I disembarked from terminal 29 yesterday around 930 and it took almost an hour to get an Uber. Tried using Uber and Lyft apps and they would spin for at least 2 minutes and then come back "no drivers available". I've never seen that happen there before but our ship was at 90% capacity and that terminal is away from the others. And it started raining so traffic was really bad.

We waited until late to disembark from the Beyond 11/4.

We also ordered the Uber when we were walking off the ship.

I think it was a mistake.

Walking outside ,several hundred people were jammed into the small area.

Ubers and cars had trouble getting through.

People were arguing .It was a cluster.  

Order your Uber early .

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jmdlv1 said:

We waited until late to disembark from the Beyond 11/4.

We also ordered the Uber when we were walking off the ship.

I think it was a mistake.

Walking outside ,several hundred people were jammed into the small area.

Ubers and cars had trouble getting through.

People were arguing .It was a cluster.  

Order your Uber early .

Yikes, thats concerning.  Anyone have better luck with a towncar service and if so, any recommendations?  thx