The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday December 11th, 2022

richwmn

3 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Wow!!!! I just don't have the patience or the skill to make them look so good. My decorating is really minimal.

Susan

Some are easierto decorate, either red or dreen with white trim.  I try not to make them too detailed.  My decorating 8s really minimal, especially since I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Miss G I'm very sorry about the terrible health news your family member had.  It really hurts when that happens and I hope your coming here now is a help to you.

Linda, I'm so glad you were with your young grandson when that happened and you weren't hurt at all.  Fast thinking on your part and a good lesson for him to learn.  Take care and please enjoy those cruises!

Graham, best of luck to you tomorrow at your procedure and hospital appointment.  We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you the best care possible.

Thank you it is a lovely tree.  And the spindles too, lol! 

Thank you for adding your photos today of our port in Iceland.  Such a lovely country, isn't it?

Your photos of Djupivogur show us how unique a place it is.  Thanks for letting us view them.

Annie, just go to the Shutterfly website and sign up as a member.  You can upload all the pictures you want there for free (at least they've never set a limit for me and I have TONS of them there).  Just never try to look at them while at sea on the Volendam with my DH's HP netbook, okay?  They refuse to work with us.  haha!

Happy to hear you are feeling better today!  Soon you'll want some chocolate and wine, won't you?

See above message.  I hope you join and enjoy uploading and storing there whenever you want.

Thanks so much for taking time to tell us about your cruise.  I have to agree with you about so many things you mentioned.  Things just aren't as great as they were, and I understand about all the problems, but I don't have to like it!  I pray that they can work themselves back to where they once were.🙏

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Some apps are quite helpful; I'll salute food drives for needy animals and UNICEF day for change. Good quote. I like the meal but too many carbs; also like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Djupivogur.

It seems the day got away from me. It's cloudy and cool here. I've been doing some stuff around the house and also researching the area where my house is, trying to find old maps with lots laid out. 

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today. I hope your appointments tomorrow and Tuesday go well.

@kazu I hope the weather doesn't interfere with your travel plans.

@mamaofami Technology came in handy for you for the Bar Mitzvah.

@StLouisCruisers Wonderful tree by DD. Prayers for her upcoming foot surgery.

@summer slope Good to hear about the negative tests.

@smitty34877 Unfortunate you won't be able to join your son for Christmas this year. 

@ottahand7 Sorry DB won't make the birthday party but hopefully he'll be there for Christmas. 

@*Miss G* Prayers for you and your family.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good luck finishing the cookies. Pictures?

@lindaler How scary about the panic on the dock; that's how people get trampled! I'm glad you two were safe.

@0106 Great zoo photos.

@Mtn2Sea @Heartgrove Thanks for great the Djupivogur photos.

@marshhawk I just watched Love Actually yesterday, for the first time, having heard a lot about it recently.

@Cruising-along Good to hear you're feeling better today. 

@MISTER 67 Welcome home. Sorry to hear the cruise wasn't up to standards. 

Prayers for the Care List and CHeers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

7 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Hello Dailyites!

It is wonderful to read the Fleet Report and all your subsequent posts.

Since we seem well on the road to recovery, I think @rafinmd Ray can remove us from the Cares list. We even went for a drive to a few adjoining towns today, woohoo!!

While I always appreciate the F&B contributions, our dinner will not be risotto but a poor man's beef stroganoff since I have some ground beef thawed, LOL. The wine sounds divine, but the antibiotics take precedence. Of course, the memes always brighten my outlook and the photos from your Icelandic adventures stoke the travel 'itch'. Bless you all for your caring. And sharing.

@StLouisCruisers  I just love your daughter's tree -- in all its iterations. Truly wonderful.

@grapau27  Graham, we wish you all success tomorrow!

@Cruising-along  Hope you continue to improve and recover. Certainly, we understand.

@kazu  Jacqui, Jacqui, Jacqui: List up girl! You are gonna get on that ship if I have to drive to NB myself to get you to a place where you can fly to San Diego. If there is any person on this thread who deserves this, it has to be you. No matter what you have gone through, you are always there for each and every one of us. With grace, humor and compassion. So get packing. Oh and forget cleaning up the wrapping paper stuff etc; I guarantee it will wait for you. Just sayin'

DH thinks his ears are trying to clear. That would be absolutely terrific, because then he can use his hearing aids! 'Nuff said. 🙄 Only a few more days of antibiotics left for me. And then 

image.png.d52e4edb6b02a5238b4f7f106ac5410c.png 

Best wishes to image.png.d52e4edb6b02a5238b4f7f106ac5410c.pngall,

-Cat

Thank you Sandi, Vanessa and Cat for your kind words.

Graham.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As promised, these are the finished cookies from the second messy baker adventure.

20221211_200609.thumb.jpg.0bcd0b79f608dad8af6e931e392699b4.jpg

Lenda

Lenda, you know how to make the messy part worth it.  The finished product is worth all the mess and hassle to make these.   Beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

WOW!! Absolutely beautiful!

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Excellent decorating! Almost too pretty to eat, lol.

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Yum!  That looks great.

1 hour ago, Love the beach said:

Wow! Looks so professional! Lucky recipients!

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Lenda, you know how to make the messy part worth it.  The finished product is worth all the mess and hassle to make these.   Beautiful.

Thank you all for your nice comments.  It's something I enjoy doing (usually once a year).  DH and the rest of the family have no trouble eating them.

Lenda

• Haha 5