Haven Restaurant Service Charges? Are these new?

Labracadabra

13 minutes ago, Labracadabra said:

Not making it up. I just blocked out my husband's and my names. 

notmakingthisup.jpg

You need to dispute this.  Unless there’s more to this story, the charges for the restaurant and service charges are wrong.  There is no additional charge for the Haven restaurant or bar.  The DSCs are separate.  

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

$28-$37 as a 20% service charge on a meal is certainly erroneous! NCL is proud of their food, but a meal being $140-$185 for entree and dessert as you stated is way too high! I really hope you get this worked out-I would’ve gone through the roof!

Trust me, NCL charges that much for a specialty meal.... our receipts (albeit free) showed dinner charges for LeBristro and La Cucina were $140 each.... which, honestly makes no sense, since they only collected approx $37 in FAS speciality dining gratuities.... there have been some really strange things going on with NCL lately....

53 minutes ago, Labracadabra said:

Did you sign checks in the Haven Restaurant for those amounts or did they just appear on your final bill out of nowhere? 

Again, there is no charge for dining in the Haven restaurant so if the charges represented a 20% service charge 20% of $0 is still $0.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

Trust me, NCL charges that much for a specialty meal.... our receipts (albeit free) showed dinner charges for LeBristro and La Cucina were $140 each.... which, honestly makes no sense, since they only collected approx $37 in FAS speciality dining gratuities.... there have been some really strange things going on with NCL lately....

If you had those meals as part of the FAS package you would have prepaid the service charge and they would not be collecting the $37 .

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Did you sign checks in the Haven Restaurant for those amounts or did they just appear on your final bill out of nowhere? 

Again, there is no charge for dining in the Haven restaurant so if the charges represented a 20% service charge 20% of $0 is still $0.

We never signed anything — in fact we commented how nice it was not have to sign anything in the Haven! Little did we know, lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Labracadabra said:

We never signed anything — in fact we commented how nice it was not have to sign anything in the Haven! Little did we know, lol. 

OK...thanks for clarifying that. Yes, this is obviously a total screw up by NCL and obviously you have the unenviable task of getting them to fix it after you've disembarked.

I suggest you contact your credit card issuer ASAP and hopefully they will give you a temporary credit until NCL corrects the errors.

• Like 2

Something’s not right.  Haven Restaurant doesn’t even have prices posted.  20% of zero is zero.

Unless you had drinks/wines not included in FAS while in the Haven Restaurant/Bar.

The Concierge should have been able to resolve it, though!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, njhorseman said:

If you had those meals as part of the FAS package you would have prepaid the service charge and they would not be collecting the $37 .

Yes, the FAS speciality dining service charge was pre-paid....I guess I needed to clarify that?? (doesn't change the fact that it was only $36 total, not 20% of $140 x 2)

9 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

Yes, the FAS speciality dining service charge was pre-paid....I guess I needed to clarify that?? (doesn't change the fact that it was only $36 total, not 20% of $140 x 2)

The reason it needed  clarification was because it could otherwise appear to be the same problem the OP experienced, where they were billed for service charges they shouldn't have. 

11 hours ago, Labracadabra said:

notmakingthisup.jpg

This error needed to be resolved whilst you were onboard the ship. No one here on a public forum is going to be able to resolve for you. Once off the ship, it will be hard to resolve with an off shore call center with no insight into issues on the ship. 

• Like 1

On the Pearl now in the Haven. As a Jewel-Class ship, the Pearl does not have a Haven dinner restaurant (Modernos for breakfast, Cagneys for lunch). No bills presented for breakfast or lunch...no bills = no gratuity charge. 

We did eat at Cagney's night two for supper as part of our specialty dining package. My husband's and my supper costs were listed (60$ and 65$) but the bill total was "0$". The bottom of the bill had "20% gratuity added to the cost" but the total was still "0$". 

Our 13 yo does not have the specialty dining package, and managed to have a 60$ meal (we promised him lobster much to my wallet's chagrin). He DID have a 20% gratuity added to his meal for a total of $72.  On top of that, we loved our waiters (the same we see at breakfast and lunch), so we added an additional tip in cash - just to ensure it goes directly to them. 

This may not answer the Haven dinner "inclusion" gratuity question, but it's in-line with the general costs and bill presentation with gratuity already added in a "Haven" restaurant. Hope that's helpful. 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

These seem more like drink charges.  Are you 100% sure you had the drink package or 100% sure you upgraded to plus?  I’ve read where people thought they did, but failed to check in the box when they booked.  Were drinks bought for anyone not on a drink package that were with you?  The numbers could be lower since if you have reg drink plan and did not upgrade to plus and order something not included the cost is only the difference between the cost and $15.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shidah said:

These seem more like drink charges.  Are you 100% sure you had the drink package or 100% sure you upgraded to plus?  I’ve read where people thought they did, but failed to check in the box when they booked.  Were drinks bought for anyone not on a drink package that were with you?  The numbers could be lower since if you have reg drink plan and did not upgrade to plus and order something not included the cost is only the difference between the cost and $15.  

Yep -- double and triple-checked both. We also didn't sign anything -- without the drink package you have to sign for everything. At Cagney's we ordered a bottle of wine that was over PBP, and we signed for it.  It's not drinks. At the Haven restaurant, we only had a glass of wine each with dinner, no drinks at breakfast or lunch and we still have charges for those meals.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bookbabe said:

Was everyone who dined with you staying in your same Haven cabin?  Those look like the charges for bringing a non-Haven guest to the Haven restaurant…

Please read post #12. The OP has already confirmed that they didn't have any non - Haven guests dining with them.

49 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Please read post #12. The OP has already confirmed that they didn't have any non - Haven guests dining with them.

That may be the case, but it really does look like the restaurant thought they had non-Haven guests with them, because that’s how it’s appeared on our bill in the past when we dined with non-Haven guests.

• Like 1