Last minute questions from a Type A Worrier

Coffey cup

All

A couple of last-minute questions, which I am sure are basic, but I am stressing over. First question, if we have valid passports, is there a need to also bring our birth certificates?  I keep saying to bring your passports and other documentation, so I am not sure what that other documentation is.   Second question,  now our set sail passes are all the same color in Apple wallet, but do I need to print out copies of my set sail passes or will digital work? They are in my Apple wallet, I’ve taken screenshots of them, but will they ask me for a paper copy at the pier?

thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, Coffey cup said:

All

A couple of last-minute questions, which I am sure are basic, but I am stressing over. First question, if we have valid passports, is there a need to also bring our birth certificates?  I keep saying to bring your passports and other documentation, so I am not sure what that other documentation is.   Second question,  now our set sail passes are all the same color in Apple wallet, but do I need to print out copies of my set sail passes or will digital work? They are in my Apple wallet, I’ve taken screenshots of them, but will they ask me for a paper copy at the pier?

thanks in advance!

Passport is fine.

Download the royal app (if you haven't done so already), the set sail passes should be in there. You can bring paper copies if you want to be 100% sure, but it's really not necessary.

Enjoy your cruise!

15 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Your passport is enough.

I print out copies of my set sail because I like to hold it in my hand, one less thing to worry about.

And we use the app exclusively now, it took seconds at the desk last week.  They don't look at anything else anymore.  We have the Passport Cards, but take note, they cannot be used for international air travel.  That's the only document she even looked at.  Didn't even bother looking at our vax cards either.

I agree with others -- passport and electronic copy of set sail pass will do just fine. 

However, I always bring a paper copy of our set sail passes as I believe in redundancy.  I have seen others struggling to get access to documentation on their phone and like the comfort of having a backup JUST IN CASE.

• Like 3

we brings passports and driver's licenses.

Passports - for cruising and coming back to the US. We bring driver's licenses with us ashore, especially when they ask you to bring a picture ID.

They are usually checked in US ports like PR and St Thomas. We were in St Thomas during Thanksgiving, and they wouldn't let us back to the ship area until we showed IDs.

To get back on the ship itself we only needed cruise cards/medallions (Princess).

Your passport will get you on the ship /back through Customs. 

We like to print our Set Sail passes -- seems easier, the battery can't die, you don't have to shuffle through any screens to find it.  

A few islands require that you show photo ID to come /go ... this is in addition to your Ship ID; a passport or a driver's license would work for this.  

We drive to the port, so we need our driver's licenses. 

If you plan any "driving" -- rental car, Jeep tour, etc. -- you may need your license.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

3 hours ago, Coffey cup said:

All

thanks in advance!

No

No

No

Bon Voyage!

I am also a worrier so I understand. 

I believe in redundancy, so I carry our passports and have DH carry our passport cards.  If one of us has them lost or stolen, the other has documentation that will also allow us to board the ship.  (Before we had passport cards, I had him carry our birth certificates and state id cards as a backup.)

I print our passes, because I like to keep my phone stored in my cross body purse.

The one thing I haven’t seem mentioned is to add your boarding passes to your wallet on your phone. In my opinion this provides the same thing as printing out your boarding pass since you can easily access your boarding pass on your phone even if WiFi is not available at the terminal for some reason. Years ago I used to print back ups of everything ( boarding passes, drink purchases, excursions purchased, etc,) but now I don’t print anything since everything is readily available on your phone. However, I can understand why some people who may not be as comfortable with current technology like having paper backup copies of important documents. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:19 AM, Coffey cup said:

All

thanks in advance!

Love this title. I think you'll find most of us here are Type A with some who worry more than others. 🙂  Passports are the golden ticket - no need for BC if you have passport. You may have health or other situations that require "other documentation", but most travelers don't need to worry about anything other than passport. You do not need to print sail passes. You don't need to move them to Apple Wallet either unless you are worried that your cell phone service isn't working and you wouldn't be able to pull them up in the app. No harm in Wallet.  Have fun!

On 12/21/2022 at 8:41 AM, BecciBoo said:

And we use the app exclusively now, it took seconds at the desk last week.  They don't look at anything else anymore.  We have the Passport Cards, but take note, they cannot be used for international air travel.  That's the only document she even looked at.  Didn't even bother looking at our vax cards either.

Passport CARDS can only be used for closed loop cruises . Departing port and disembarkation port being same . No on any repositioning cruises . 

I keep copies of everything in my iPhone passport file. 
I keep Set Sails in my iPhone Wallet. 
But

I print the Set Sails and hold them in my hand with the open passports. 
Our last 2 cruises, we barely paused to be checked. We’d have had to come to a complete stop if I had to fiddle with my phone. 

• Like 1