Scrapnana (Kathi) Update

SJSULIBRARIAN

On 1/19/2023 at 3:26 AM, ski ww said:

For those who have been following Kathi’s (Scrapnana)’s blog, she has updated her medical situation at

https://2022-2023hal.blogspot.com

Yes, thank you for the update.  Wishing you all the best.  The Cruise Critic community is keeping you close to our collective heart.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, leerathje said:

The last I heard from Scrapnana was late last fall/winter:  "Although the doctor says I am cancer free, I still have difficulty moving around and sitting up or walking for any length of time.  I am going to attempt to take a short cruise (12 days) in March along with a couple friends of mine. I am hoping that Physical Therapy will have helped me enough by that time that I can do more than lounge on my balcony (big splurge but you never know what will come your way).

I've reached out again to see how her plans are going for March, and will let everyone know when I hear further!

Leanne

The latest anyone has heard as far as I know.  She's maintained a great attitude under very serious conditions.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello, everyone!  I have recently gotten cards, emails, and messages as to how I am, so I finally found this thread to give an update.  

For those who did not read my blog, I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkins lymphoma a year ago.  Since then I have had radiation and chemotherapy.  The good news is that the oncologist could not find any cancer on my last two PET scans.  The bad news is the lesions where the cancer ate at my bones healed so that I can't stand up straight (I lost two inches in height), stand for any length of time or walk much without my rollator. 

Luckily, I have friends who love HAL and invited me to join them on a Caribbean cruise in March.  They promised to help me in any way they can so I decided to give it a try.  We will be on Rotterdam for 12 days.  I booked a balcony since I will be sitting a lot and it will be nice to have fresh air right outside my door.  I also have the "Have It All" and Club Orange.  I am hoping all will go well since I have also booked the 2025 Pole to Pole Grand Voyage and this will be a test as to my physical ability to cruise for 133 days!!

I am not going to write a blog but I am going to do a "Live" report here on Cruise Critic.  It may be shorter than my usual but I will try to add a few pictures.  We leave home on the 16th of March so be on the lookout!

Finally, I want to thank all of the well wishes I have received during the past year.  I have met some of the nicest people through Cruise Critic and I truly appreciate the outpouring of concern and prayers.  I am going to try to get back on CC more often. 

❤️ to all of you!

Kathi

• Like 59
  • Thanks 16

@Scrapnana, it is so nice to hear from you and that you are booked to cruise again.    I always enjoy your travel reports and am among the many who was saddened by your news and worried when we hadn’t heard from you.  You are cancer free!  Now that is something to celebrate.  Congratulations and all the best for your cruising future!

• Like 4

Oh Kathi your news is just WONDERFUL!  It takes a bit of time to regain one's strength after all you have been through. Keep following doctor's orders and given time you will feel better and better and a cruise is just the right medicine for you.

• Like 3

Thank you Kathi @Scrapnana for posting.  I think you will find there are many of us who would be happy to help if we were to have the pleasure to cruise with you again.

I will continue to pray for your improvement and hope you can enjoy your future cruise as much as possible 🙏 

• Like 5