Best choices for 150 Central Park

RoperDK

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We never went when they had the 2 menus, started shortly after they changed to the current menu.

How about trying this 

We asked nicely for the Wellington on the side with the Duck Duo and also with the Veal Medallions, plus a order of lobster 

Duck duo and Wellington 

BC32D321-B8E0-4CB0-AA09-C84C889EE9AC.jpeg

Veal Medallions  and Wellington 

F095D1BC-E522-4744-B539-04E34244AFA1.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol oops your post just showed up. Sorry for my post asking. I'd edit it out if I wasnt dealing still with a broken right wrist. Thanks for your post. I was curious but didnt want to order as I never see feedback on it. Ooops 

I had always wanted to try it and finally tried it on Harmony in 2021, my husband and I could not stop laughing at what was served. It was just a small lobster tail, think MDR size, very tough and dry.  I have had lobster thermidor in land restaurants that was served with a creamy sauce, this had no sauce but something dried out on top.  It was maybe. 3 bites of lobster.  The waiters were automatically serving everyone a second lobster.  Maybe they were just having a bad night in the kitchen, but I will never order  it again.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

My group liked 150 CP the best out of all the restaurants (I myself liked Wonderland just as much).

The bread is phenomenal.  Crispy pork belly appetizer was great.  

In terms of entrees, the tenderloin is fantastic.  The lobster thermidor was underwhelming for me, but I can't say it was badly prepared--I just don't like heavy foods, mixing cheese and seafood, or anything that detracts from the flavor of the lobster.  

My group loved the fried cheesecake (which is presented as cheesecake balls), especially with the popcorn.  It was a non-starter for me because I do not like ricotta, cream cheese, or cottage cheese.  Peanut butter chocolate tart was pretty good.

• Thanks 1

We ate at 150 CP on Harmony in September. It was amazing. The food was terrific and the service was impeccable. One of the best meals of our lives. Between hubby and I we had the pork belly, scallops, Sunchoke veloute, veal, lobster thermidor, duck duo and the cheesecake balls. I want to go back and order the tenderloin.

• Thanks 1

I've never been successful in getting one of the  150 specialty martinis (cucumber, basil, urban etc.)  if not dining in the restaurant.  I asked Trellis bar staff if they can prepare one and was told it was only available in the restaurant.  I once  asked in the restaurant and was told it was only available to those having diner there.  

It is a nice treat on the occasions that we dine at 150.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Sianli said:

Can anyone report on the cauliflower steacj? I am not vegan/vegetarian but curious if I should try it? 

That's an expensive way to eat a veggie.

We went on Wonder last month.  We actually had a reservation for each week of our b2b but we cancelled the second one.  It just wasn't that great.  They also undercooked my veal and DH's tenderloin.  He asked for medium, it came out medium rare to rare.  I asked for medium well and it was medium at best.  Overall, the meal just wasn't as good as our previous experience on Harmony a couple of years ago.  

On 2/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, joeyancho said:

Lobster Thermador was awesome, as was the fried cheesecake dessert.   Portion sizes are "sensible". 

I asked our waiter what WAS the best entree and dessert?  The above was his exact reply.  It WAS good!

On 2/1/2023 at 10:08 AM, Rogueperson said:

Avoid the duck.  That thing was tougher than shoe leather.  I rarely send things back, but this one went back.

Same. DH said it must have flown all the way to the ship to be that tough.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, Rogueperson said:

Avoid the duck.  That thing was tougher than shoe leather.  I rarely send things back, but this one went back.

Results vary from kitchen to kitchen, ship to ship.

Had the Duck on Allure and Harmony; melt in your mouth tender and so tasty.

16 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

The...THE cucumber Martini!  You will NOT regret it!

And just in case this is helpful for any other non-drinkers: it's also amazing with sparking water instead of vodka!

I'm apparently in the minority, but as much as I expected to love the fried cheesecake, I just didn't. 😞 I find that the chocolate peanut butter tart is pretty good, and the hazelnut-passion fruit bar is to die for.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, sjb317 said:

I had always wanted to try it and finally tried it on Harmony in 2021, my husband and I could not stop laughing at what was served. It was just a small lobster tail, think MDR size, very tough and dry.  I have had lobster thermidor in land restaurants that was served with a creamy sauce, this had no sauce but something dried out on top.  It was maybe. 3 bites of lobster.  The waiters were automatically serving everyone a second lobster.  Maybe they were just having a bad night in the kitchen, but I will never order  it again.

Sherri🙂

I've since had it. Luckily I'm not a big eater. I enjoyed the lobster but agree it was small. Cheese and something added to make it a little more filling. 

The post you replied to was written over a year ago lol. I've long since tried it. Liked it but liked wonderland better. 

On 1/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, bgoff60 said:

+100 on the Cucumber Martini

One of the best drinks ever. We always look forward to this cocktail. Got the recipie and have done it at home but its just not the same. We are going back late summer on Harmony and can't wait to go to 150.