Chips at Park Cafe on Allure

34 minutes ago, pineappleprince said:

Anybody know if they still have little bags of chips (like Lays/Sunchips) at Park Cafe on Allure? Just want to make sure I can get my chip fix somewhere 🙂

They did in September.

When we were on the Harmony a few months ago they were still putting them out in Park Cafe.   However during the short time we were there we watched MULTIPLE people come in and take 8-10 bags at a time.😳😳

So if you are wondering why that perk is gone you can thank these people who ruined it for everyone!!!😡😡

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, loman said:

You have to ask for them now. They dont put them on the counter like they used to. They had lays and sun chips a few months ago.

None available.  They used to hide them at Park Cafe, but no longer. Was told on Anthrax sail thst if I wanted. chips gave to order via room service. Could you imagine spending $8 for a bag of chips. 

Also home are the tortilla chips from the Mexican station at Coco Cay. 

We had no trouble getting chips at Odyssey's Two70 Cafe (Park Cafe equivalent).  They were kept behind the counter.   I confess I did ask for two bags because they do tend to go quickly and I'm a plain chip girl - seems they definitely always had the salt and vinegar chips.  

19 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Some  have reported there are no more chips. 
m

So, there is a difference between "no more chips" and "chips not available". Lots of supply chain issues still. On our last cruise in December, they did not have hashbrowns for breakfast at the buffet... so they were serving french fries. Again, the difference of "no more hashbrowns for breakfast" versus "hashbrowns not available on our cruise" 

15 hours ago, loman said:

You have to ask for them now. They dont put them on the counter like they used to. They had lays and sun chips a few months ago.

With all due respect, what happened  on a cruise ship “a few months ago” might as well be light years. 

changes, changes, changes. 
m

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

When we were on the Harmony a few months ago they were still putting them out in Park Cafe.   However during the short time we were there we watched MULTIPLE people come in and take 8-10 bags at a time.😳😳

So if you are wondering why that perk is gone you can thank these people who ruined it for everyone!!!😡😡

People asked for extra chips to take home even. Too bad. I liked the plain lays. I'll be on oasis next month and find out. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, there is a difference between "no more chips" and "chips not available". Lots of supply chain issues still. On our last cruise in December, they did not have hashbrowns for breakfast at the buffet... so they were serving french fries. Again, the difference of "no more hashbrowns for breakfast" versus "hashbrowns not available on our cruise" 

Last month in Jewel Solarium Cafe I was told, "we have no chips".   I simply said, " thank you" and moved on.   Don't know if RCCL stopped providing small bags of chips, the chips they had on hand were bad, there was a supply issue, the chips are in inventory and not yet delivered to the venue.    

m

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

With all due respect, what happened  on a cruise ship “a few months ago” might as well be light years. 

changes, changes, changes. 
m

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks, but September is too far away for accurate information today. 

m

53 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Last month in Jewel Solarium Cafe I was told, "we have no chips".   I simply said, " thank you" and moved on.   Don't know if RCCL stopped providing small bags of chips, the chips they had on hand were bad, there was a supply issue, the chips are in inventory and not yet delivered to the venue.    

m

What happened on Jewel last month has nothing to do with availability on Allure currently.

• Haha 2