Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Nope. Page 1

@davekathy indicated that the like their bed made, fresh towels and ice twice a day. But if you take the whole sentence in some reasonable context, I concluded that having a bed made twice a day is unusual. Who needs a bed made twice a day?  Same with towels?  Ice, however is definitely something many people need twice a day. Anyway, that’s how I read it. Not that it really matters…sounds like as far as RCL is concerned, the change is a done deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

We'll see.  I'm cruising next week.  I'll let them know how I feel.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.   

Please do your complaining at Guest Services and not to your room steward as they have no control over anything!!!

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

We are currently onboard the Harmony.  Discovered that they will implement the once a day service beginning NEXT week.  We had already decided that we would prefer evening, as we often choose to sleep in and decline service in the morning anyway.  

So you do get a choice of time?

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Personally, we will be having twice a day service. 

We don’t live on the the cruise line life schedule, which makes everyday a mystery. 

Only choice you'll have is Morning or Night. Once a day is here, already started rolling out to all Royal Ships

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@davekathy indicated that the like their bed made, fresh towels and ice twice a day. But if you take the whole sentence in some reasonable context, I concluded that having a bed made twice a day is unusual. Who needs a bed made twice a day?  Same with towels?  Ice, however is definitely something many people need twice a day. Anyway, that’s how I read it. Not that it really matters…sounds like as far as RCL is concerned, the change is a done deal. 

I didn’t even want to know why they need the bed making twice a day…!!! Unless they are having a lot of  “mommy and daddy time” 💕 

We have never asked for ice. What is the need for ice? And why twice a day? What am I missing?

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

So now we know that  for suite guests it stays with 2 times full daily service. For all other cabins reduced to one time.

Does that mean that suite guests have to pay double the cabin steward gratuity, or do regular cabin users now pay only 50% of steward gratuities. 

My last steward told me under the old cabin scheme he needs to serve roughly 12-13- cabins, now he needs to serve ca 25 cabins. Does he really get potentially a pay (gratuity) increase by 100% ?

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I didn’t even want to know why they need the bed making twice a day…!!! Unless they are having a lot of  “mommy and daddy time” 💕 

We have never asked for ice. What is the need for ice? And why twice a day? What am I missing?

Some passengers love to take naps in the afternoon.  Ever heard of Siestas.

The ice that they provide melts pretty quickly.  I see your ID, are you from Britain or Canada as these folks don't believe in ice. Remember one business trip to our location in Toronto and asked for ice for my water and all I got was puzzled looks.🤣

• Like 6

9 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Why is everyone posting what they want? There is no voting! Once per day service is official. With 25 cabins now, there will be no time to bring you more towels, ice or anything. Get it during your once a day service and stop whining!

Yes, there is.  Revenge at proxy time. Replace these scallywags.😊

Edited by nelblu

2 hours ago, Kbonner said:

So now we know that  for suite guests it stays with 2 times full daily service. For all other cabins reduced to one time.

Does that mean that suite guests have to pay double the cabin steward gratuity, or do regular cabin users now pay only 50% of steward gratuities. 

My last steward told me under the old cabin scheme he needs to serve roughly 12-13- cabins, now he needs to serve ca 25 cabins. Does he really get potentially a pay (gratuity) increase by 100% ?

Wonder if I choose to tip the Suite level, can I choose 2X day cabin service.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

I still want to know how they'll handle sofa beds and Pullmans and giving out paper campuses.

i had been on cruises in the past where during the evening hours the room steward puts the compass in that mail slot/box thingy by the door. they no longer place it in the room like they used to

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i had been on cruises in the past where during the evening hours the room steward puts the compass in that mail slot/box thingy by the door. they no longer place it in the room like they used to

Recently on Anthem, the compass was left on my bed along with the towel animals and other Royal communications.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fsjosh said:

The end result of this will be bad reviews for cabin staff and them taking the brunt of the complaints. 

Initially, certainly.

But Royal knows full well it’ll soon be forgotten and the whiners will quickly move on and find something else to moan about.

And of course the first-timers won’t miss what they never had.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Some passengers love to take naps in the afternoon.  Ever heard of Siestas.

The ice that they provide melts pretty quickly.  I see your ID, are you from Britain or Canada as these folks don't believe in ice. Remember one business trip to our location in Toronto and asked for ice for my water and all I got was puzzled looks.🤣

I personally don't need my bed remaking by someone after I have had a siesta. I can easily pull the sheets back into place myself.    Even after 'mummy and daddy time' 🙂 

No, ice is not our thing!  It is quite cold enough with out it, and any cold drinks I want are in the fridge (wine or coke etc)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We are just off the Adventure and when talking to our stateroom attendant from a previous cruise they showed us their new cart that is smaller than the old one and is to be brought into each cabin with them.  They will also not only be going to once a day cabin service but are each having to clean more cabins so I guess that is why they are going to once a day.  Doesn't sound like a good move to me and hopefully there is enough complains to make them rethink the decision.  Everyone is different but part of what we enjoy on a cruise is twice a day cabin service, no its not a deal breaker but nice to come back to a tidy clean cabin.  

We just returned from Adventure 5 day cruise last Thursday. Cleaning of the room was only one time daily. Room attendant was rarely seen. Did give us a card with her ext number to call if we needed anything.

Menus have also changed, no offers of anything extra to share. We found MDR experience rushed. They want you in and out. Had a very hard time getting a second glass of wine.

We have President's Cruise booked for July 2023. Guess we will see if cuts continue.

Based on the amount of responses of this thread in such a short time, unfortunately what I see may happen with ALL these changes Royal is making at the same time, is that more people may stop paying the auto gratuities and possibly even cut back on the tips handed out individually, thinking they’re getting less service so less tips needed. This would affect the crew and create a problem for Royal in that crew could get burned out by the amount of work they now have and the added reduction in tips resulting in less people wanting to work for Royal, resulting in more cutbacks and on and on. A Catch 22.

it seems that Royal made too many changes in a short time which is more noticeable to everyone who were just starting to cruise again, and with so many other ways to vacation, this can backfire.  I remember during the shutdown in 2020 I read so many stories of people deciding to use their “vacation money” to make their own homes and backyards more inviting so they wouldn’t need to travel as much.

It never ever entered my mind to stop the auto gratuities and just give cash to who I wanted to, but the fact that this thought is in my mind shows I have noticed what’s happening.

• Like 6