The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 21st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Things went down hill after the Podiatrist.  My lung doctor ordered one more test and I now now more about it.  It;s an overnight with a recording pulsox, and requires me to wear a small device tomorrow night.  The problem is that the lab insists that they deliver the device in person and then pick it up the next day.  All they could tell me is that it would be between 10 and 6, so I may be effectively homebound the next 2 days.  They may be able to give me a shorter window tomorrow after 1o but I'm dreading the next 48 hours.

Roy

Roy, that is a bummer about the new test and especially the huge delivery window.  I hope it gets narrowed down tomorrow.  I also hope the test rules out any nasty things the doctor is considering.  I agree, navigating the medical "stuff" is not for the faint of heart.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Things went down hill after the Podiatrist.  My lung doctor ordered one more test and I now now more about it.  It;s an overnight with a recording pulsox, and requires me to wear a small device tomorrow night.  The problem is that the lab insists that they deliver the device in person and then pick it up the next day.  All they could tell me is that it would be between 10 and 6, so I may be effectively homebound the next 2 days.  They may be able to give me a shorter window tomorrow after 1o but I'm dreading the next 48 hours.

Roy

Roy. Stay positive. Doctor feels the test is necessary and maybe it requires professional technicians to get it attached and working correctly. As very evident here on the Daily our readership spends a lot of time having our failing old bodies tested, probed and treated.

When our children went off to college we easily got by with only one car. As we have aged we require two automobiles because we have conflicting medical appointments.

Prayer’s the test gives your doctor information he needs to get you back and feeling better.

Keep the faith!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Maybe the result of this test will help with why your are not sleeping well and waking up still tired. It is frustrating how slowly things happen. Each new step to getting back to your active self. 

• Like 14

Rain tomorrow, but possible sleety stuff. Hopefully farther north, so I can get to my appointment easily.

@rafinmd Good to hear there's no infection and the swelling is going down. I know it's frustrating to get such a wide window for them to come put on the device; it's like the cable company used to be, although they've improved to 4-hour windows. Prayers for good results.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, how inconsiderate of that woman on the elevator. Lots going on on the ship today it seems.

@RMLincoln It's getting close! I hope no weather interferes with the driving or flights. We'll look for you on sail-away.

@cruising sister Good for you for getting help while you're in this situation. 

@Overhead Fred Lovely photos; looks like a beautiful place.

@Cruising-along I'm glad Captain Soot is getting treatment and hope Smudge stays well.

@kochleffel I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like food poisoning.

@ottahand7 Beautiful sunset.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

By this afternoon I felt well enough to go out to the grocery store and to the pharmacy (to pick up a new supply of covid tests), and then a thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere. The Weather Channel said that it would end by 4:00, which left enough time.

I got the makings for pancakes, plus some vegan sausage, but dinner so far has been just soup. I have a board meeting in 20 minutes and I don't expect it to be pleasant.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Oh, my, Roy.  If it isn't one thing......  You know the rest.  I think @cruising sister has a point and it might be worth all the annoyances in the long run.   Said the woman who spent most of the morning in the lobby at the hospital waiting for different imaging tests.  And they probably do have to set it up for use. 

Your window for drop off reminds me of a pet peeve.  We always hear about how busy they are and how important it is to be on time and not waste the time of those who could be saving someone else's life.  But, they have no problem wasting our time.  I have sat in the waiting room at various doctors offices for hours.  There was one doctor where I knew it was an all day event, so I took books or sewing projects along with me.  My time is important, too.

Revised forecast has in the region getting 3-7 inches of fluffy stuff and a possibility of some sleet, but I think that will be further to the south.  I have a pedicure tomorrow that was originally scheduled for 1:30 pm.  The pedicurist contacted me and it is now at 9:30 am so we can all beat the snow.  I should be able to hit the gym first, go to the pedicure and stop by the store on the way home.  

Edited by dfish
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tupper10 said:

My husband doesn't get one bite and I get them all over and even with Deet the bugs just say hmm - she's delicious.

People love it when I hike with them because the bugs also love me more than most of them. I think it is my O negative blood type. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Thank you all for the good wishes!  I’m always stressed until we get started. Just finished my last supper, that is, lady one I have to make for a couple of weeks!  Maybe THAT’s why I cruise. Made the mistake of weighing this morning!  If I’d have waited I could blamed it all on the trip!  

The married granddaughter and her husband are anxious to see St Thomas on this cruise because they went there soon after they got married and spent  3 months working feeding disaster cleanup crews following Irma. My own sister’s house was heavily damaged by Irma in the Florida Keys, but repairable. It took over a year. It’s so hard to get the work done when everybody needs help. 

Sending out blessings to all the storm and earthquake victims and workers. And to my old area in the NM mountains who are hunkering down prepping for a severe storm expecting very high winds, blizzard, falling trees and power outages. I pray they all come through without injury!  (Glad we’re in Maryland! Tough as it was to make the change, it was time for us! ). Signing off for now but might be able to check in briefly before we board!  Will miss you all💕 And no I didn’t request a wave, might try to en route, thanks for suggesting!  
m—

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

People love it when I hike with them because the bugs also love me more than most of them. I think it is my O negative blood type. 

I hate to bust your bubble, but DH and I are both O positive.  He is my bug repellent as the mosquitoes, etc., go after him.  If I get bitten, I know they are BAD.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I hate to bust your bubble, but DH and I are both O positive.  He is my bug repellent as the mosquitoes, etc., go after him.  If I get bitten, I know they are BAD.

Lenda

I have to agree with Lenda here.  I'm O positive too. 😉  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, srdancer said:

Sand fleas love me as well, ignore DH. We are both A positive.

Dermatologist said only a small number were bites. The rest were hives because I am allergic to the saliva.

Yes they are horrible and I don't think blood type matters, not sure what the chemical is that makes us all "so sweet".  

Have a fabulous cruise RM Lincoln.

Roy hope the providers come w/in a reasonable period of time for you.

I wish sweet dreams to all who don't sleep. If not we can gather here at 3 AM to say hi to each other :).  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I hate to be gross but I’ve read that bugs like you because of the way you smell. They love me and I do my best to avoid them. 

Short story. Way back in 1975 I was on a construction project in Brunswick GA. The sand fleas were terrible so all of us, +350 workers had to wear as mentioned earlier , Avon Skin So Soft to keep the fleas off of us. We were voted the best smelling construction team of all times! 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7