The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 25th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Pistol Patent Day, International Tongue Twister Contest Day, and Open That Bottle Night

The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Meal Suggestion for today - Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Drink of the Day - Apple N Rye
Wine of the Day - Fattoria Le Pupille Toscana Saffredi 2019
Destination of the Day - Aarhus, Denmark

Eurodam

Dry Dock Bahamas Bahamas until 3/3

Koningsdam

Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 2-26

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Montt, Chile eta 2-26

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Fortaleza, Brazil 08:00 - 14:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 2-27

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Singapore 11:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Louis, Mauritius Island eta 3-02

image.thumb.png.1722258cdd93f47475817285df14f68a.png

Rotterdam moving into Port Everglades 5 am eastern time soon to be followed by Nieuw Statendam

image.thumb.png.38da1e74425d7642291a6e20494c1a5c.png

Sandi for Roy and Rich

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion is always a side for me and goes best with a good gravy.  Today I’m going to a seminar on Social Security at the local library, hopefully I’ll learn what and when I’ll need to do to get the best amount.  I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Started the week in the 60’s, had sleet and snow and now a cold day.

image.png.fdf3e6450902efcd6bb4038a995fb79f.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 6

Good morning friends!  Weather today is 55 and cloudy with a high of 72.  I don't see any sunshine in the forecast but you just never know.  Today we have some odd days to celebrate.  Pistol Patent Day, International Tongue Twister Contest Day, and Open That Bottle Night.  I think I'll pick one that I think represents me the best and that is to Open That Bottle Night.  It calls for opening up that special bottle of wine you put away and not leaving it to just sit there.  Open it up and share it with others, making good memories along the way.  I have no comments on the quote, and the mashed potato menu suggestion is different.  Let's see what Debbie @dfishdoes with that.  Not sure what the drink and wine are so I'll pass.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor making up the Daily and Fleet Report for us.  And we have to remember Roy @rafinmdwho so kindly took it upon himself to list this group's trials and tribulations along with our good news every day.  Now we have Vanessa @JazzyVhandling that for him while he recuperates from his own tribulations.  As well as Ann @cat shepardand Dixie @summer slopehandling the beverages.  Thank you to all!  Prayers for those in ill health or with family/friends who are.  We have troubles with Ukraine, Turkey (haven't figures out new spelling yet), Syria, New Zealand and tiny East Palestine, Ohio.  🙏   Then we have the happy campers getting on ships today and those with improved health.  Three cheers for all!🥂🎉

Our port today is Aarhus, Denmark and we have had it here in the past in May, 2021 and May 2022.  Last two times it was spelled Arhus but this time with the most up to date spelling with the double A's.  Any way you spell it what a wonderful place to visit.  I've only stopped there once on a cruise but would love to go back again.  Here are the links to Rich's posts from the last two postings.  Please post your photos if you can.

We visited Arhus (sometimes spelled Aarhus), Denmark in September 2011 on the Emerald Princess.  The cruise began with a Baltic cruise which we thoroughly enjoyed, followed by the British Isles, Iceland, Qaqortoq Greenland, Halifax and back to Ft. Lauderdale.  

It was a bright, chilly morning on Sept. 9, 2011 when our ship stopped in Arhus.  We enjoyed our walk through the town.  We saw this lovely canal running through the town.enhance

People liked to gather on the sunny side to dine.  I can't blame them.  It looks lovely!enhance

We made our way to a Viking Museum which was located underneath a bank.  Yes, really.enhance

As you walk down the stairs you see the levels with the years associated with that level.enhance

This thatched hut in the museum is a copy of a hut which was in that spot in Viking days, all discovered during excavation for the bank.enhance

Someone's bones found here in their final resting place.enhance

enhance

Then we saw this church called the Arhus Cathedral.enhance

It had some very unique features inside.  Like this Viking ship.enhance

And quite a fancy baptismal font I would say.enhance

enhance

enhance

Arhus is a great port to see.  I wish more ships would add these interesting places.enhance

The reason for the confusion on the spelling is the name has been changed officially there a couple times.  According to Wiktionary:  Following the spelling reform of 1948, the name was changed from Aarhus to Århus, which remained the spelling preferred by local authorities until 2010, when the city council decided to change the name back to Aarhus, effective from the 1st of January 2011. According to the official rules of Danish orthography, it is still valid to write Århus, although Aarhus is far more prevalent in road signs, media, etc.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

StLouisCruisers, I think I have asked this before, is there any place you haven’t been too. I continued to be amazed at all your photos of every port. My photos are scattered over many dvd disks stored in hard to get places.

It’s tongue twister contest day. I could say Peter Piper picked…. But no. Let’s see,

Bob bumbled blowing up a balloon that burst before being bompleted. Or real twister is, when I was a youngster, there was this business in town selling shoes. The name of the business was “Shoe City”. Try saying the name real fast over and over again and see how it sounds.

Now for my sleeping update. After another night of restless sleep I think I have found the problem. It’s the sleeping pills. I read the instructions on the sleeping pill bottle without my glasses and misread the instructions. Instead of “you are suppose to take one 30 minutes before sleeping it stated take a suppository 30 minutes before sleeping. 😳 

• Like 5
  • Haha 20

35 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Weather today is 55 and cloudy with a high of 72.  I don't see any sunshine in the forecast but you just never know.  Today we have some odd days to celebrate.  Pistol Patent Day, International Tongue Twister Contest Day, and Open That Bottle Night.  I think I'll pick one that I think represents me the best and that is to Open That Bottle Night.  It calls for opening up that special bottle of wine you put away and not leaving it to just sit there.  Open it up and share it with others, making good memories along the way.  I have no comments on the quote, and the mashed potato menu suggestion is different.  Let's see what Debbie @dfishdoes with that.  Not sure what the drink and wine are so I'll pass.

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor making up the Daily and Fleet Report for us.  And we have to remember Roy @rafinmdwho so kindly took it upon himself to list this group's trials and tribulations along with our good news every day.  Now we have Vanessa @JazzyVhandling that for him while he recuperates from his own tribulations.  As well as Ann @cat shepardand Dixie @summer slopehandling the beverages.  Thank you to all!  Prayers for those in ill health or with family/friends who are.  We have troubles with Ukraine, Turkey (haven't figures out new spelling yet), Syria, New Zealand and tiny East Palestine, Ohio.  🙏   Then we have the happy campers getting on ships today and those with improved health.  Three cheers for all!🥂🎉

Our port today is Aarhus, Denmark and we have had it here in the past in May, 2021 and May 2022.  Last two times it was spelled Arhus but this time with the most up to date spelling with the double A's.  Any way you spell it what a wonderful place to visit.  I've only stopped there once on a cruise but would love to go back again.  Here are the links to Rich's posts from the last two postings.  Please post your photos if you can.

We visited Arhus (sometimes spelled Aarhus), Denmark in September 2011 on the Emerald Princess.  The cruise began with a Baltic cruise which we thoroughly enjoyed, followed by the British Isles, Iceland, Qaqortoq Greenland, Halifax and back to Ft. Lauderdale.  

It was a bright, chilly morning on Sept. 9, 2011 when our ship stopped in Arhus.  We enjoyed our walk through the town.  We saw this lovely canal running through the town.enhance

People liked to gather on the sunny side to dine.  I can't blame them.  It looks lovely!enhance

We made our way to a Viking Museum which was located underneath a bank.  Yes, really.enhance

As you walk down the stairs you see the levels with the years associated with that level.enhance

This thatched hut in the museum is a copy of a hut which was in that spot in Viking days, all discovered during excavation for the bank.enhance

Someone's bones found here in their final resting place.enhance

enhance

Then we saw this church called the Arhus Cathedral.enhance

It had some very unique features inside.  Like this Viking ship.enhance

And quite a fancy baptismal font I would say.enhance

enhance

enhance

Arhus is a great port to see.  I wish more ships would add these interesting places.enhance

The reason for the confusion on the spelling is the name has been changed officially there a couple times.  According to Wiktionary:  Following the spelling reform of 1948, the name was changed from Aarhus to Århus, which remained the spelling preferred by local authorities until 2010, when the city council decided to change the name back to Aarhus, effective from the 1st of January 2011. According to the official rules of Danish orthography, it is still valid to write Århus, although Aarhus is far more prevalent in road signs, media, etc.

Have a great day everyone!

Great photos Sandi.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cold 37°F and wet North East England.

Thank you Sandi for introducing today's daily reports so we can all take part in posting.

An interesting group of days.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

We have been to Copenhagen several times but never been to today's port.

Best wishes always to everyone who is poorly.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Graham.

• Like 25

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

Thanks to everyone who contributes, this is such a wonderful way to start the day.

It's very cold again today, but it's not snowing.🙂

I guess we should thank the inventors of the pistol, but sometimes I wish it was never invented.  I'm not very good at tongue twisters.  Open that bottle night is something I can celebrate.  I hope it includes open that box o' wine, not just a bottle.😉

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal, we had mashed potatoes last night.  But maybe Debbie ( @dfish) has a new twist on an old favourite.

I'll pass on the drink, not sure about the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of Aarhus, we've never been there.

Prayers for so many.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning and thanks to all who make this thread what it is — a great place to discuss cruises and whatever else strikes your fancy.  Though I have only traveled on a BHB a couple of times, I am really glad I discovered all of you early in our national nightmare — aka the Pandemic.

Our ship reaches Charleston today and we will go out to eat lunch.  A chance of showers but hope we miss them.  

Prayers for all in need and those on our care list.  Have a great Saturday.  Katherine 

• Like 27

Good morning from warm and sunny San Juan.  We had very minor winter conditions this year until the day after we left Boston for our cruise today, talk about good timing!  I think we’ll be opening a bottle of champagne this evening when DBIL & DSIL arrive from Minneapolis to join us after escaping winter’s clutches!  I like the quote today.  Probably skip the meal and drink suggestions. Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events. 🍾

• Like 28

Good morning from a little north of Port Everglades where it is currently 69. Better than our 29 at Maryland home, or the grandkids’ home at 16 in NY. 

After long, late and tiring days yesterday we are gathering for one last push to get ourselves organized for embarkation. One of us is still flying, due to land about 8:30, but I see from flight status that the connection was doable even with her hour and fifteen minute delay getting to it, now only scheduled for a 15 min late arrival  at FLL! 

I requested a WAVE from the PE port cam, so maybe a screenshot will come our way to share - if you get something please send it to me at rmlincoln at hotmail dot com.  I’ll be the shortest one on our balconies, waving a red bandana. Port forward, deck 5. Rotterdam! 

I did manage 5 hrs of straight sleep, good enough, maybe tonight will be better. DH had a much better day yesterday with the eye meds and issues, very grateful for the improvement although no correlation to anything we can reproduce, but we’ll take it. 

@luvteaching Very happy for you and DH’s improvement! One day at a time is enough. 

As always, many thanks for this uplifting place of sharing. Love the pictures, the humor, the memories and ideas!  
Blessings to all especially our Care List!  Extra hugs to those grieving!  Healing, hope and comfort to those struggling. Protection to those in danger. Cheers to those celebrating - Life is good!  You help us remember that through our difficult days!  
Smooth travels to all away, and Bon Voyage to all sailing away today!  
Maureen, and family!  

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Marshhawk’s Neko crossing the rainbow bridge

RIP 2/22/23 My BFF’s Uncle 

Those dealing with snow and ice

Earthquakes in Turkey, Syria and Sicily

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding, with deaths/missing people

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Bon Voyage RMLincoln family cruise! 

Bon Voyage SusieKIslandGirl!

Bon Voyage Cruisercl! 

Bon Voyage Mr. Boston!

7 days for Suslor (Zaandam 3/4 to 3/18)

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued improvement and hospital release next week

Sarah doing better after her injections

Welcome aboard TAW1963

Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas to 3/3), Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium to 3/4), RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Sandi.

Interesting collection of days - I’ll go with Open that Bottle Night.

485D1689-6458-43FD-8452-C77144B7FC9A.gif.22e3876668bfd287518b5b415270a280.gif

Maybe it will take the nip out of the air - it’s a brrr-y cold day today.  The kind where I wouldn’t let the dogs stay out longer than 5 minutes.

999A6BD1-2C21-4AB1-9566-7A66CCB117B1.jpeg.4499f4759697cdae4128151a0fc63ff1.jpeg

That Wilde quote is quite true.  We’ve been to Denmark but not today’s port

@TAW1963welcome to the Daily 🙂   Hope to see more posts from you 🤞 

@luvteachingit sounds like things are working out well 

for your DH’s return home - great news 👍 

@durangoscotsso sorry to hear that your nephew & his wife have covid.  Hope the symptoms are mild and they recover quickly 🤞

@ger_77hopefully the repairs worked and you are toasty warm this morning.

@RMLincolnyippee on embarkation day.  Hopefully a good screen shot can be got for you!  Have a great time!

WTH was I doing planning on planting yesterday?  OMG only the early seeds and one big storage box done and 2 more to go.  I wish it were as easy as Lenda’s meme was yesterday.  Need room for plants to grow (unless I killed them).

ACAFF45F-D29E-4A7C-8060-5AA232BD3DB7.jpeg.dd069ebf8fc9f4a6602aacb037069992.jpeg

Obviously I did not take my situation into account when I decided to start this - sheesh.  And of course, the house smells of bulb dust and it’s too dam cold to open a window or door to air it out.  Grrrr.  There will definitely be wine involved tonight at some stage 😜 

5B8C09E9-673B-4A3C-B5B8-2B71C86BA8D4.jpeg.77ce52794abe073397e14c2b532706bf.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine, New Zealand, earthquake victims & for those that need them.  And a bit toast 🥂 to those celebrating.

364C9383-57A9-4741-8D2E-C5796DF1F4DF.thumb.jpeg.611884947f2982c20cb1e2837af15cba.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning. Weather is a repeat of yesterday with dense fog, cloudy and temperatures in mid seventies. Doctor’s appointment went well yesterday and I will have to await a week for lab work to be returned.

Really took it easy yesterday as I had some back strain which occurs a couple of times per year. Believe I got ahead of it by treating with heat and medication and today seems pretty good. Hey! No pain no gain! Reminder of what I used to do for a living.

We have been to today’s port of call, may open a new bottle of wine tonight and mashed potatoes are always welcomed.

Thanks Sandi for taking on your new job. Yes, for as much as you contribute it does take a lot of your time. Very much appreciated. Thanks also to Vanessa, Ann and Debbie for your Daily contributions.

Enjoy your weekend.

Bruce

image.jpeg.87f4ae5c7b7f35ce4c5da7904af3b4bb.jpegimage.jpeg.1c45310bb3accf97f8cbdf7a57b5a6e4.jpegimage.jpeg.da66594a17022efe3de89dcef09e8c4a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c715df8ac1a74ec103f309f4731c0def.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 19

Apple N Rye cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Rye
1/4 part Simple Syrup
3 parts Apple Juice
1/4 part Lemon Juice
Garnish with Apple, Sliced

Instructions
Measure and pour Jim Beam Rye, simple syrup and lemon juice into tall glass. Fill completely with ice and top with fresh pressed apple juice. Stir and serve. Garnish with a sliced apple.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 7.07.52 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Thanks so much to those of you who welcomed me here yesterday and early this morning.  I haven't received that many warm welcomes in one day in all my life!  I wish the best for all here regardless of their situation in life.  

-Todd

• Like 35

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Open that bottle night is something I can celebrate.  I hope it includes open that box o' wine, not just a bottle.😉

Melanie, I hope the boxes of wine are included too!🍷

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning and thanks to all who make this thread what it is — a great place to discuss cruises and whatever else strikes your fancy.  Though I have only traveled on a BHB a couple of times, I am really glad I discovered all of you early in our national nightmare — aka the Pandemic.

Our ship reaches Charleston today and we will go out to eat lunch.  A chance of showers but hope we miss them.  

Prayers for all in need and those on our care list.  Have a great Saturday.  Katherine 

Katherine, have a great time in Charleston.  Such a beautiful, charming Southern city.  

59 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning from warm and sunny San Juan.  We had very minor winter conditions this year until the day after we left Boston for our cruise today, talk about good timing!  I think we’ll be opening a bottle of champagne this evening when DBIL & DSIL arrive from Minneapolis to join us after escaping winter’s clutches!  I like the quote today.  Probably skip the meal and drink suggestions. Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events. 🍾

Enjoy your cruise and that bottle of champagne this evening.🍾  How appropriate for Open That Bottle Night!

57 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Good morning from a little north of Port Everglades where it is currently 69. Better than our 29 at Maryland home, or the grandkids’ home at 16 in NY. 

After long, late and tiring days yesterday we are gathering for one last push to get ourselves organized for embarkation. One of us is still flying, due to land about 8:30, but I see from flight status that the connection was doable even with her hour and fifteen minute delay getting to it, now only scheduled for a 15 min late arrival  at FLL! 

I requested a WAVE from the PE port cam, so maybe a screenshot will come our way to share - if you get something please send it to me at rmlincoln at hotmail dot com.  I’ll be the shortest one on our balconies, waving a red bandana. Port forward, deck 5. 

I did manage 5 hrs of straight sleep, good enough, maybe tonight will be better. DH had a much better day yesterday with the eye meds and issues, very grateful for the improvement although no correlation to anything we can reproduce, but we’ll take it. 

@luvteaching Very happy for you and DH’s improvement! One day at a time is enough. 

As always, many thanks for this uplifting place of sharing. Love the pictures, the humor, the memories and ideas!  
Blessings to all especially our Care List!  Extra hugs to those grieving!  Healing, hope and comfort to those struggling. Protection to those in danger. Cheers to those celebrating - Life is good!  You help us remember that through our difficult days!  
Smooth travels to all away, and Bon Voyage to all sailing away today!  
Maureen, and family!  

Maureen, we will be watching for your departure and wave today!  I hope the last flight makes it there safely and everyone is excited about the upcoming cruise.  I'm happy for you!

46 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Marshhawk’s Neko crossing the rainbow bridge

RIP 2/22/23 My BFF’s Uncle 

Those dealing with snow and ice

Earthquakes in Turkey, Syria and Sicily

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding, with deaths/missing people

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Bon Voyage RMLincoln family cruise! 

Bon Voyage SusieKIslandGirl!

Bon Voyage Cruisercl! 

Bon Voyage Mr. Boston!

7 days for Suslor (Zaandam 3/4 to 3/18)

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued improvement and hospital release next week

Sarah doing better after her injections

Welcome aboard TAW1963

Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas to 3/3), Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium to 3/4), RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Vanessa, super job keeping up with all the Dailyites!

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Sandi.

Interesting collection of days - I’ll go with Open that Bottle Night.

485D1689-6458-43FD-8452-C77144B7FC9A.gif.22e3876668bfd287518b5b415270a280.gif

Maybe it will take the nip out of the air - it’s a brrr-y cold day today.  The kind where I wouldn’t let the dogs stay out longer than 5 minutes.

999A6BD1-2C21-4AB1-9566-7A66CCB117B1.jpeg.4499f4759697cdae4128151a0fc63ff1.jpeg

That Wilde quote is quite true.  We’ve been to Denmark but not today’s port

@TAW1963welcome to the Daily 🙂   Hope to see more posts from you 🤞 

@luvteachingit sounds like things are working out well 

for your DH’s return home - great news 👍 

@durangoscotsso sorry to hear that your nephew & his wife have covid.  Hope the symptoms are mild and they recover quickly 🤞

@ger_77hopefully the repairs worked and you are toasty warm this morning.

@RMLincolnyippee on embarkation day.  Hopefully a good screen shot can be got for you!  Have a great time!

WTH was I doing planning on planting yesterday?  OMG only the early seeds and one big storage box done and 2 more to go.  I wish it were as easy as Lenda’s meme was yesterday.  Need room for plants to grow (unless I killed them).

ACAFF45F-D29E-4A7C-8060-5AA232BD3DB7.jpeg.dd069ebf8fc9f4a6602aacb037069992.jpeg

Obviously I did not take my situation into account when I decided to start this - sheesh.  And of course, the house smells of bulb dust and it’s too dam cold to open a window or door to air it out.  Grrrr.  There will definitely be wine involved tonight at some stage 😜 

5B8C09E9-673B-4A3C-B5B8-2B71C86BA8D4.jpeg.77ce52794abe073397e14c2b532706bf.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine, New Zealand, earthquake victims & for those that need them.  And a bit toast 🥂 to those celebrating.

364C9383-57A9-4741-8D2E-C5796DF1F4DF.thumb.jpeg.611884947f2982c20cb1e2837af15cba.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Sorry about all the planting issues yesterday.  I know, even with your elbow cast that you'll persevere and get the job done.  May take a little longer but it will get done.  Thanks for the memes!

42 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Weather is a repeat of yesterday with dense fog, cloudy and temperatures in mid seventies. Doctor’s appointment went well yesterday and I will have to await a week for lab work to be returned.

Really took it easy yesterday as I had some back strain which occurs a couple of times per year. Believe I got ahead of it by treating with heat and medication and today seems pretty good. Hey! No pain no gain! Reminder of what I used to do for a living.

We have been to today’s port of call, may open a new bottle of wine tonight and mashed potatoes are always welcomed.

Thanks Sandi for taking on your new job. Yes, for as much as you contribute it does take a lot of your time. Very much appreciated. Thanks also to Vanessa, Ann and Debbie for your Daily contributions.

Enjoy your weekend.

Bruce

image.jpeg.87f4ae5c7b7f35ce4c5da7904af3b4bb.jpegimage.jpeg.1c45310bb3accf97f8cbdf7a57b5a6e4.jpegimage.jpeg.da66594a17022efe3de89dcef09e8c4a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c715df8ac1a74ec103f309f4731c0def.jpeg

Hilarious memes today.  I'm laughing out loud!  Thanks for your appreciation today, but I'm grateful for Vanessa helping with the list keeping.  Takes lots of her time.  And we can't forget Dixie contributing the drink recipes.  Good luck taming those back issues.

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Ann, Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie, and also to all our loyal dailyites,  Slept well last night but the swelling in my left foot is still bothersome.  A cold day today.

Roy

Yay on the sleep last night.  I hope the swelling in the foot gets better soon.  I went to bed a little later trying to read to make me sleepy.  11 pm.  Woke up at 2:25 and 4 am.  It will have to do!

10 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

Thanks so much to those of you who welcomed me here yesterday and early this morning.  I haven't received that many warm welcomes in one day in all my life!  I wish the best for all here regardless of their situation in life.  

-Todd

Nice to see you again.  Watch out, we're addictive!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
spelling
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Enjoy your weekend.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Very funny. I would like to add to your daily cartoons but I can only describe it, no picture. This may get me kicked off this thread but here goes.

Picture the male patient with his hospital gown on backwards (above). The man is screaming as the doctor comes into the hospital room. He looks at the nurse and yells out, “I told you to ***** his boil, not boil his _____! 😳

Obvious case of sleep deprivation! ????

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Good cold and cloudy morning, with snow showers expected this afternoon.

Heading off to Bird in Hand Fire Company this morning for their annual chicken pot pie dinner. Yesterday we stopped at Strasburg fire company for chicken corn noodle soup takeout. It was delicious. Strasburg today will be a mess as it is the annual “ mud “ sale. All the fire companies in Lancaster county rotate on a weekly schedule for the sales, it’s like a giant yard sale with everything from farm equipment and crafts to plants and whatever else you can think of.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold and cloudy morning, with snow showers expected this afternoon.

Heading off to Bird in Hand Fire Company this morning for their annual chicken pot pie dinner. Yesterday we stopped at Strasburg fire company for chicken corn noodle soup takeout. It was delicious. Strasburg today will be a mess as it is the annual “ mud “ sale. All the fire companies in Lancaster county rotate on a weekly schedule for the sales, it’s like a giant yard sale with everything from farm equipment and crafts to plants and whatever else you can think of.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

I enjoy hearing of the fire company fund raisers and the good food they sell to the community.  That chicken pot pie sounds warming today.  Yum!🥧

• Like 19