Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

8 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I saw those airfare deals.  Unbeleiveable!  Too bad I have my Allure booked.  Its good to know that deals exist.

I was able to book 

YYZ to LAX then LAX to HNL (3 hour layover)

YVR to YYZ

60k points and $380 total for Toby and I.  I did pay an extra $120 in total to select our seats. (and that's in Canadian$)

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5

On 3/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, firefly333 said:

I'm so happy it passed me by this cruise, tomorrow I leave for Galveston for radiance. Too close together but just this one time. Last radiance and rcl cruise going to Panama and Columbia so I made a exception to booking so close together. 

take good care of the Radiance for us, we will be on the cruise going through the Panama Canal, lots of first for that one, first time out of Galveston, first time on a radiance class and first transit through the canal, we are really looking forward to it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, clochette said:

take good care of the Radiance for us, we will be on the cruise going through the Panama Canal, lots of first for that one, first time out of Galveston, first time on a radiance class and first transit through the canal, we are really looking forward to it.

Radiance is our favorite ship so far.  We have sailed on her twice in Alaska.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I might be retired sooner than later.  I’d sacrifice some time if you need a travel companion.  

Lisa and Vikki would both be unhappy then. LOL

You have a job beyond running the farm?

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You have a job beyond running the farm?

Yes there is, but I never speak of it.  The farm is my "release" from stresses.

We have a family business which employs over 1,500 people. My mom is basically retired and my brother is a silent partner.  We signed a sale agreement last July and will close in late summer. I should/might be able to ride some waves on ships more often in the future.  More likely when Owen is off to college and things settle down here. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 27

Understand.  I have great happiness for the closing for you.  That will be an exciting thing to be free from it.  Hopefully, the buyer will continue to operate the business well.  Change like that is always hard on the employees.

jc

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, Sea Dog said:

BC27BC66-3285-46ED-BA08-F63C9B5ED547.thumb.jpeg.3f197b646dd9986cf05abbfb9f839bc6.jpeg

I'm booked.

Questions will be coming on how to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral and a nice place to stay.

This is the earliest I have ever booked a cruise.

Edited by nasa1974
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Understand.  I have great happiness for the closing for you.  That will be an exciting thing to be free from it.  Hopefully, the buyer will continue to operate the business well.  Change like that is always hard on the employees.

jc

Half of our head office team of 10 have accepted jobs with the new owners.  All are staying until the end, with a thank-you to come from us. 😉

As for the rest of the staff there will be no change, unless they are released for justified reasons. There are monthly transition meetings.  After 40 years of us being in business there will be some changes, but change is inevitable. 

I can’t wait until managing the farms is the majority of my job. In speaking with our local Ford Dealer owner, we have joked that I might also help to transfer cars between dealerships. I’m a car guy after all.😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

On 3/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear this, Renee.  Hopefully Mike doesn't get it and yours will be mild.  Jim didn't get it so far.  Mine is mild cough getting better.

I'm so grateful for not having gotten it until arriving home.

I'm pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better now Maryann.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks. I have never done uber. I might have to learn.

We live in the country so we don’t have it available where we live. Our first time using it was in LA and once we figured it out it was easy.  In fact we use it more in Florida than anywhere. I bet there are videos on YouTube on how to use it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

We live in the country so we don’t have it available where we live. Our first time using it was in LA and once we figured it out it was easy.  In fact we use it more in Florida than anywhere. 

Same here.  No Uber in our parts.  Used it for first time in several stops during our Baltic cruise.  Easy to use and EXTREMELY practical.

MCO is only about 45 minutes from PC so cost of Uber should be reasonable.  Last time we sailed out of PC, We took the kids on a Disney cruise after a spending a week in Orlando. So I just extended the car rental and made the easy drive over to PC.  I can still remember the reaction of the kids in the back seat when we crested the overpass on the A1A approaching the Port, and the ships in port became visible... it all of a sudden became very real for them that we were going on a Disney Cruise... Priceless!  That was worth the price of admission right there.

dp

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Glad to hear this.. We will be on Radiance in June to Alaska.  First time for Radiance but we’ve been on Jewel & liked Jewel a lot.

Only been on 1 cruise and it was Radiance last May, and doing it again this May! 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I'm booked.

Questions will be coming on how to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral and a nice place to stay.

This is the earliest I have ever booked a cruise.

We like Radisson at the Port.  They offer pick up at the airport and shuttle to cruise port.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks. I have never done uber. I might have to learn.

I use both the Uber and Lyft apps on my iPhone.  I look up the trip I want to take and compare times and prices between the two before selecting which one to use. 

We prefer Lyft/Uber over taxi's primarily because:

We find the vehicles cleaner

We can get the size vehicle we want/need vs whatever is next in line

The apps are tied to my credit card and I do not have to guess whether the credit card will be accepted or I have to have cash

The prices are usually cheaper than taxi's, especially when going to the ships.  Lyft/Uber is pretty much fixed price and there is no additional charge if you get stuck in a long line of vehicles getting into the port or queueing up to the baggage drop off. 

Using it is easy.  The iPhone app, and I assume the Android one also, uses GPS to find your location and shows it to you.  You then type in the destination and the apps give you a price range, depending on type of vehicle you select, based on that information.  You can also add stops if you want to stop somewhere on the way.  You can also, in some locations, pre-book for a specific pickup time. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I use both the Uber and Lyft apps on my iPhone.  I look up the trip I want to take and compare times and prices between the two before selecting which one to use. 

We prefer Lyft/Uber over taxi's primarily because:

We find the vehicles cleaner

We can get the size vehicle we want/need vs whatever is next in line

The apps are tied to my credit card and I do not have to guess whether the credit card will be accepted or I have to have cash

The prices are usually cheaper than taxi's, especially when going to the ships.  Lyft/Uber is pretty much fixed price and there is no additional charge if you get stuck in a long line of vehicles getting into the port or queueing up to the baggage drop off. 

Using it is easy.  The iPhone app, and I assume the Android one also, uses GPS to find your location and shows it to you.  You then type in the destination and the apps give you a price range, depending on type of vehicle you select, based on that information.  You can also add stops if you want to stop somewhere on the way.  You can also, in some locations, pre-book for a specific pickup time. 

Even an older (69) non-technical person like me can do it.  And believe me, if I can just about anyone can.  We live in a rather rural area and there is no Uber here, but I put the app on my phone and was able to figure it out.  I didn’t even have to call my son for help!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Maryann, Do you need me to resend you the picture?  I sent it to two email addresses:  margannthenan at aol dot com like you told me & one to maryannthenan at aol dot com because I thought maybe the "marg" was a typo from you.  But actually the "mary" one came back undeliverable so I thought the "marg" one went through.  Or is there another email address you want me to send it to?

Thank you for the email.yup, margann. That's the name on my twin daughters birth certificates...Jim kind of closed his "y" when he filled out hospital papers while I was going into delivery room...it's been a joke for years....46, to be exact..lol!😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for the email.yup, margann. That's the name on my twin daughters birth certificates...Jim kind of closed his "y" when he filled out hospital papers while I was going into delivery room...it's been a joke for years....46, to be exact..lol!😁

You cannot be old enough to have 46 year old daughters!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1