“Secret” Menu

EagerTravelerBC

Currently on the a back-to-back cruise. The food has been pretty good in the MDR but I can see that week 2 could be a little Ho Hum with a repeat menu. Any suggestions for items on an unpublished menu? My table neighbour had a Caesar Salad with anchovy tonight - not listed on the menu.

You can ask for anything within reason, may need advance notice for some things.  My favorite change of pace is just an Iceberg lettuce salad with avocado, sunflower seeds, and chives or scallions with bleu cheese.  Getting sunflower seeds turned into a funny interaction with our server... he said looked all over the ship for them 

PS: check out the Kid's menu, I've heard there are possibilities including the Volcano dessert.

Edited by Papa Yoda
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EagerTravelerBC said:

Currently on the a back-to-back cruise. The food has been pretty good in the MDR but I can see that week 2 could be a little Ho Hum with a repeat menu. Any suggestions for items on an unpublished menu? My table neighbour had a Caesar Salad with anchovy tonight - not listed on the menu.

Are you familiar with the "always available" aka Princess favorites? They're no longer listed on the menu, but are available:

Shrimp Cocktail

Caesar salad

French onion soup

Fettuccine Alfredo 

"Airline" chicken breast (different sauces each night)

Salmon

Burger

There's also Indian food options, not in the menu.. speak to the maitre'd if interested, they'll happily serve you the next night.

There's also the buffet, Lido deck Grill and Pizza, specialty restaurants, etc 

We frequently ask for a large ceasar salad with grilled salmon or grilled shrimp on top for our main entree.  Every once in awhile we will order the Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled salmon or shrimp.  We are pescatarians and love our grilled salmon/shrimp!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

PS: check out the Kid's menu, I've heard there are possibilities including the Volcano dessert.

The Volcano dessert is no longer an option although they will create a replacement such as a banana split, etc. 

I look over all the sides listed for each menu item and make my dinner up by choosing various sides or the always around baked potato and sides.  Also, might order 2 or 3 appetizers for my main meal - especially the beef or chicken  they put on a skewer

On 3/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Justaguy33 said:

Ask for the Indian Food menu!  I never knew it existed but a family next to us was having some amazing looking butter chicken.  

Can anyone ask for this menu? or do you need to pre book it? 

Why does JimmyVWine get the good gags minutes to hours before I do?  *sulk*

the Indian and vegan menus are definitely worth asking about.   They used to do an absolutely delicious little appetiser of tiny flatbreads topped with tandoori-style chicken and raita.  Sadly, you can’t get it anymore - I guess it was a naan starter. 

*badumtiss*

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Coolmama_1 said:

I just ordered one on my cruise last month. 

Then our waiter on the Enchanted must have lied to me. 😡

What ship was it on? 

Not that it was all that important but my husband wanted one for his birthday.- not that he needs it. 😉

We were on the Enchanted from Feb. 7 until March 9th, and the always available chicken is now a processed 1/4th inch thick piece of chicken that looks like something you’d find in a discount store  freezer.  It was so dry and tough that I think it was precooked, too.  I wondered why our waiter tried to discourage me from ordering it, but I found out fast. He was standing nearby to take my replacement order. 

The chicken parm that was on the menu was still “real” chicken.  

Edited by FritzG

On 3/10/2023 at 9:28 AM, cruise2relax said:

On the kids menu is spaghetti and meatballs which you can always order as a course or a main, it is very good

This is no longer on the kids menu. It is now Mac and Cheese.

1 hour ago, FritzG said:

We were on the Enchanted from Feb. 7 until March 9th, and the always available chicken is now a processed 1/4th inch thick piece of chicken that looks like something you’d find in a discount store  freezer.  It was so dry and tough that I think it was precooked, too.  I wondered why our waiter tried to discourage me from ordering it, but I found out fast. He was standing nearby to take my replacement order. 

The chicken parm that was on the menu was still “real” chicken.  

I've eaten so much chicken at home I was ordering mostly the Salmon & beef selections while on the ship. Unfortunately they seemed to overcook their Salmon most times and sometimes the beef as well.

The buffet was similar with most beef items overcooked.

Not to say that everything was terrible but when they offer something that's dry, it's not that appealing. 

Maybe they're stretching their chicken budget a little to far. 😉