The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 24th, 2023

richwmn

@marshhawk Saw a post from you yesterday that you couldn’t load the Daily’s first page I posted that your favorite restaurant at Mon Saint Michel was still open on its 35 year of operation. Still popular as there was a long line of people waiting to enter. On that front page I posted a couple of pictures. They also have an active web site.

Bruce

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschief I saw the picture of the Momma -opened in 1888.  Somewhere in this house, is a small omelet pan that I got when we were there in 62.  I still want their omelets, found one place near me that makes them all fluffy puffy, but has the same flavor.  Thanks so much for posting the pictures.  So far I have found the refresh button this morning, and that has kept me on the site.  yay!  Enjoy your day on the ship this morning!

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I cannot get a description of another photo after posting a photo.  So these are photos of Grenin where the Baltic and North Seas meet at the tip of the Jutland.  It was very windy but lots of fun.

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3123.jpeg

Nice photos Terri.

• Like 7

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  My meds are ready!  Yay!  But I have to be at work in a half hour, so I'm going to wake DH up to see if he will get them. And since I have to take them with a meal, maybe he can get breakfast?    I am so tired of being in pain!  The doc asked me yesterday what the level of pain was.  I said an 8.  -She asked me what that was.  In enough pain to make me nauseous.  What is a 10? she asked.  Passed out on the floor.  Chuck said a 10 would be a bear eating my arm, and I said if a bear was eating my arm, I'd still be passed out on the floor.

Food trucks 30 years ago, were referred to as roach coaches, but now they offer gourmet food, and you don't have to pay more, to cover the building cost.  The only one we see here however is an ice cream truck, and I think they drive the neighborhood to check out possible robbery.  I mean the last time we saw one was Christmas Eve...and he went through the neighborhood 5 times.

331953-Just-Wondering...is-The-Coffee-Ready-Yet-Happy-Saturday-.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Here are phots of some of the paintings in the Skagen Artists museum.  They are quite good.  I wanted to buy some prints but left my wallet on the bus.  We will be back here next week and I will buy some then.  We will have lunch at that time at one of the many wonderful fish restaurants (last photo) where they say that “place” is the best fish to have.

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

IMG_3144.jpeg

IMG_3145.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3098.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful morning here in mid-Michigan.  Currently it is 67F with a projected high of 88F.  I think I'll be turning on the air conditioning shortly.  I'm trying to follow the energy company's suggestion of pre-cooling the house in the morning when it is easier and doesn't take as much energy and then setting the thermostat higher around 2 pm when demand and costs are higher.  In the evening you can set the thermostat back down.  It has worked ok with the last heat wave.  

@Sharon in AZ

HappyBirthday3.jpg.952ef8a4eb73f2541da6838bc2f6fcff.jpg

@kochleffel  Enjoy the retirement party.

Happy birthday to all the family members celebrating today, especially @StLouisCruisers's DD and @kazu's DD DH.   I wonder how they celebrate in heaven.  I thought you quit aging once you got there.  

@Cruzin Terri  It looks like  you are having a great time!   Sometimes the ship tours are good ones.  We have one booked for our cruise in July that I've done before.  It was so good that I am doing it again.

Today's meal is a long time favorite of mine.  I love sweet and sour chicken, but have to be careful of the sweet part and the rice.  I can have it over riced cauliflower instead of actual rice and that will help.   This first recipe has some good tips on how to make your dish best.  It uses the normal veggies of onion and peppers and, of course, pineapple.  You can use carrots and broccoli if  you wish.  I would probably add some broccoli to help stretch it.  https://dinnerthendessert.com/sweet-sour-chicken/

sweetandsourchicken1.thumb.jpg.5d647ba7c90bf963b18a5bf86d08ec2c.jpg

This one just has chicken in it, but you can add the veggies you want.  https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/sweet-and-sour-chicken/

sweetandsourchicken2.thumb.jpg.9a9e4e47f036c42e418803203822870c.jpg

This recipe from the Food Network trims the calories by stir frying the chicken instead of coating it.  If you're looking to save carbs and calories, this may be the recipe for you.  You can still have the sweet and sour and the veggies, but with a little less guilt.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sweet-and-sour-chicken-recipe-1957986

sweetandsourchicken3.jpeg.b1273109c612c746a0e46c648e3c80ed.jpeg

This is another recipe that cuts the carbs, fats, and calories.  https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/sweet-sour-chicken/

sweetandsourchicken4.jpg.4df7d5d10852f2284a69c52ddfafc946.jpg

I hope this finds all of you doing well.   Wishing you all a fantastic day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Paul @kochleffel happy retirement day, finally!  I hope this next phase of your life is very fulfulling.

@St Pete Cruiser thank you for your photos today.  Yes, it's actually true we have 2 BHBs in Isafjordur today.  image.thumb.png.7217be5eeb79c737c7cff7c5c5fbf740.png

Sharon @Sharon in AZ a very happy birthday to you today!  It's a wonderful day for a birthday IMO.  🎂

Jacqui @kazu thinking of you today on yours and Jose's anniversary.  At first I was confused by the birthday wishes but went back to double check.  If it's actually his heavenly birthday I apologize.  Hoping you and Ivan have a lovely day together getting things done or just relaxing on the sofa playing fetch.  🐕

Nancy @ottahand7 great to hear your toe is feeling a bit better.  Take care of yourself and enjoy your weekend.

Terri @Cruzin Terri it's nice to hear from you this morning.  I'm glad you're enjoying the cruise and the excursion yesterday.  Good job on posting the photos.  Very interesting sites you visited.  And the paintings are beautiful.

Annie @marshhawk I'm sad to hear you are experiencing such terrible pain.  Let's hope those meds help a lot.  

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes for DD.  I'll let her know when I speak with her.  Trying not to disturb her early today because she may be celebrating by sleeping in.  LOL

A comment about food trucks.  They must be popular here because we have at least 4 different ones that visit our community on Farmer's Market Days which are Tuesdays.  They rotate once a month and must do a booming business.  The only one we've ever tried was the barbecue food truck which had great pulled pork.  He's since then quit coming and they have the other four to carry on.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Dailyites. 

Happy Birthday Sharon!

image.png.e190d43f34c27d2e7bd497319f4707a9.png

Happy Birthday to Sandi's daughter!

image.png.2aa2d6868be18b7763602baba2527693.png

@kochleffel

image.png.d5d7511d3d9cfb6d6eb9581d574cd5fb.png

Prayers are lifted for our Daily family.  Our medical issues are with my sweet husband. Bloodwork and appts set up with a nephrologist. 4 more appointments this next month, including a VA appointment in Austin. Thankful for your prayers.

There is a food truck that comes through our neighborhood every week day. They honk their horn and the construction workers gather for breakfast and again at lunch. It smells awfully good. 

image.png.7e903452c4a2e9e3df5751151e69c5fc.png

Have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool! Stay dry!

image.png.1746f7ab021237fdd4ed9b95f6ba798d.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

I got a tetanus shot four years ago when I had my last ER visit for a shin wound.  I remember it because it hurt and the pain in my arm lasted for days. 

Good news on the toe and shot.  Tetanus shots are good for 10 years (at least, here) 👍 

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui @kazu thinking of you today on yours and Jose's anniversary.  At first I was confused by the birthday wishes but went back to double check.  If it's actually his heavenly birthday I apologize. 

Thanks Sandi.  I thought I had mis-posted for a minute.  You are correct.  It’s our 29th wedding anniversary today. 💔 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I cannot get a description of another photo after posting a photo.  

Thank you for the pictures! Terri, after you post the photo, hit ‘return’. This moves the cursor underneath the photo, and you can add a description. Or hit return a second time, and you can post the next photo with a space between it and the previous one.

37 minutes ago, dfish said:

This one just has chicken in it, but you can add the veggies you want.  https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/sweet-and-sour-chicken/

Oh Debbie, this one is gluten free (just use GF soy sauce)!

I can have Sweet and Sour Chicken again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

@kazu Happy Anniversary in heaven to you and Jose.

@kochleffel Happy Retirement! I did not look forward to my retirement party either, but it’s actually for your coworkers to accept a change to their workplace. They need it. View it as a meeting where you smile and nod and get to go home after putting in an appearance.

@marshhawk fingers crossed that the meds help with the pain, significantly.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning to All!!

Thanks for the fleet report and updates!!

Happy Birthday to @Sharon in AZ.  Enjoy Mt Lemon!!  Thoughts to @kazu on your anniversary date with your DDH.  I am sure I missed someone/something.  Congrats to ...... on your retirement date (I can't remember who it was but I think that is exciting.

Went all around Rocky Mountains yesterday.  I have been there many times and my goal was to hit the little gift shop/restaurant at the top above the tree line.  Was able to but scared my friend to no end.  She is afraid of heights!!!  Saw elk and deer.

Today is touring around the Denver area as she is scouting out areas for her and her daughter to move after her father passes.  

Thoughts for those on the care list.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 24

Good morning,

It will be another scorcher here in Kansas. I have a few errands to run this morning (want to drive new car) and then I am in. I told DGS we will try to cook an egg on the pavement later today. 

Jacqui your are in my thoughts and prayers today. These milestones are painful. 

Prayers and have a great day. DGS is calling my name. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where there is a decent breeze.  It is 84F and feels like 91F.  We have a predicted high of 104F with the heat index between 105 and 110.  I took my walk earlier while it was still comfortable out.  Otherwise, there is not much on the agenda today.

I'm not sure I completely agree with today's quote.  Some our best adventures happened when we decided on the spur of the moment to change plans.

Three interesting days to celebrate today.  When DH had his office in the house, our two dachshunds would be in the office with us.  Younger DD and her SO like food trucks, but the only one we've eaten at was on the northeast point of Oahu.  They have very good shrimp dishes.

DSC08435.thumb.JPG.bd311e1993e313a56ca55e5a7b1d221e.JPG

DSC08434.thumb.JPG.2de3d614db10f8cffe09314ae3816004.JPG

We like sweet and sour chicken and sweet and sour pork, but I prefer for someone else to prepare it.  We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine if it wasn't elusive and pricey.

We have not been to today's port.

This anniversary of Picasso's first Paris exhibition was the beginning of a long career.  The only Picasso I've owned was a t-shirt with his drawing of Don Quixote on it.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, please wish your DD a very HAPPY 51ST BIRTHDAY for us.

@kochleffel  Paul, I hope you can enjoy your retirement party.  It's better than having them just pointing to the exit door.  IIRC, your official retirement date is July 1.

@kazu  Jacqui, you are in my thoughts today on your 29th anniversary.  ((((HUGS))))  I hope today is not too difficult and that Ivan can comfort you.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad your toe is feeling better today, and that your tetanus shot is up date.  I'm also glad you got some much needed rain.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise and that the tour in Skagen was good.  Thank you for sharing your pictures.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad your prescriptions are ready, and I hope the help with the pain.  I was happy to read last night that Momma Norma was released from the hospital.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm sorry Allen is having medical problems, and I hope the tests and doctors can help.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I hope your friend finds and area that she likes for her move.  

344766603_151287197912038_9083422675914486032_n.thumb.jpg.2fb4b0ec3c7ecf3defe470fbcf0fa91e.jpg

345631853_3542800205943299_1068571768577192031_n.jpg.37245af91afc4fa1bb759dc65a3f1413.jpg

346858530_102800442827976_5419048260152828211_n.thumb.jpg.7194568bda04cad4742f173c6697d67e.jpg

347433339_653906766766634_8758844034886186426_n.jpg.0fd5c99421af925fea2fab46770d1ece.jpg

347551874_1284143729201912_1795865846768817753_n.thumb.jpg.d8d2e053ba41bd1b43d5acfdf4c8272b.jpg

347591202_2775079025961639_4124017377494950235_n.jpg.6a346b924d506081ccc914bd7397758e.jpg

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 11