The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 19th, 2023

richwmn

16 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Okay, Dailyites - I need prayers for my dear friends in Florida. Denny had back surgery two weeks ago. Despite being in a lot of pain, he was sent home on the 8th. Early this morning he had a massive stroke with a brain bleed. He's now in ICU. His wife Bonnie is frantic, naturally. Please pray for both of them!

Thank you!

Our prayers 🙏 are on their way to Denny and Bonnie.

I am sorry to hear about his massive stroke and hope he recovers quickly.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Okay, Dailyites - I need prayers for my dear friends in Florida. Denny had back surgery two weeks ago. Despite being in a lot of pain, he was sent home on the 8th. Early this morning he had a massive stroke with a brain bleed. He's now in ICU. His wife Bonnie is frantic, naturally. Please pray for both of them!

Thank you!

Edi, I'm so sorry about Denny.  Sending positive thoughts that he will recover completely, and for comfort and strength for Bonnie during what must be a very stressful time.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Thank you!

Prayers for Denny.  Sadly, that sounds a like lot what happened with my brother.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

First of all, Happy Anniversary @Lady Hudson  to you and your DH; 54 years, what a lot of memories you've been able to make together!!!

Happy Birthday to @smitty34877's DB.

Prayers for @NextOne's friend Denny that he's able to pull through this, and for his DW Bonnie as she watches over him.

@Quartzsite CruiserI thought of you as soon as I saw this:

May be an image of windmill and text

Gerry, thanks for the smile and laugh.  That sure does look like west Texas in the summer.  As hot as it is in Texas, it is even hotter in Arizona and the sourthwest.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Except if a certain cockapoo named Fred gets it. He specializes in limb removal.

Max is an Eskipoo & he usually unsqueaks toys in short order....not LambChop --- she's made by Kong & this is only his 2nd one in maybe 5 years....he tries but so far no luck.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Thank you!

🙏 🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good sunny late afternoon, still no rain, still humid.

Since this is still ice cream month, I had an email from Turkey Hill Dairy( Lancaster county Pa) for a new flavor coming soon:Chocolate Lava Cake.

Have a good evening everyone.

• Like 18

@NextOne Prayers for your friend that he makes a full recovery.

@Lady Hudson Happy Anniversary to you and your DH on 54 years of wedded bliss.

We had dinner in the Terrace Cafe tonight rather than the Grand Dining Room.  It seems like the whole ship decided to do the same thing. It was a themed night on Baltic Food.  We had many delicacies such as pierogies, smoked salmon, fried mushrooms, and I cannot even remember.  All the food was good.  Every table was filled and people were waiting to get tables.  First time I ever saw that.  I guess the Dining Room was empty tonight.

Everything was delicious. I know I should have taken pictures but it was impossible.  People were on line three deep and I just couldn’t do it.

The only thing missing was Latvian music.

Good night.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a sunny, just right 80 degrees PNW. 
My only accomplishment so far today has been to get my hair cut, water the garden and lawn, and to book another tour for the Grand Australia. This one goes out of Broome and among other things it takes us to see some dinosaur prints. I’ve been waiting for this one to show up. 

@NextOnepraying that your friend makes a full recovery. 
@Lady HudsonHappy 54th anniversary! You got married 2 months before we did. 😁

“Old Spice” sweet peas (they smell SO good)

IMG_0817.thumb.jpeg.9e0eb04581f45d64be5dd32c37e1e874.jpeg

Looks like I’ll be adding more lime, the Hydrangeas are losing their pink color this year. 
IMG_0818.thumb.jpeg.64bc7a03a56be7c01e226a257b732fbc.jpeg

Liatris

IMG_0819.thumb.jpeg.c82e81ede7d63b5d1416777081da71a6.jpeg

IMG_0820.thumb.jpeg.45ceee2b35c446867d0632637fc6d2e7.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon from a hot central Texas.  The thermometer is reading 105F, and it's hot in the sun.  I think supper tonight will be easy.  It will be hamburgers cooked on the George Foreman and potato chips.

We just got back from picking up the convertible, and while it rides better, it is still not perfect.  They rotated the tires front to back the last time.  We're going to get them put back where they were and see if that helps.  I'll take the car up to our neighborhood station to get that done.  There is one more part that might help, but since it is an after market part, the tire place wouldn't put it on because of the their insurance.  I just hope rotating the tires helps. 

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny late afternoon, still no rain, still humid.

Since this is still ice cream month, I had an email from Turkey Hill Dairy( Lancaster county Pa) for a new flavor coming soon:Chocolate Lava Cake.

Have a good evening everyone.

That ice cream flavor sounds good.  I'd love to try some, but it's a little far to go to get some.

52 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@NextOne Prayers for your friend that he makes a full recovery.

@Lady Hudson Happy Anniversary to you and your DH on 54 years of wedded bliss.

We had dinner in the Terrace Cafe tonight rather than the Grand Dining Room.  It seems like the whole ship decided to do the same thing. It was a themed night on Baltic Food.  We had many delicacies such as pierogies, smoked salmon, fried mushrooms, and I cannot even remember.  All the food was good.  Every table was filled and people were waiting to get tables.  First time I ever saw that.  I guess the Dining Room was empty tonight.

Everything was delicious. I know I should have taken pictures but it was impossible.  People were on line three deep and I just couldn’t do it.

The only thing missing was Latvian music.

Good night.

Terri

Terri, the dinner sounds good, and I'm not surprised it was crowded up there.  

14 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon from a sunny, just right 80 degrees PNW. 
My only accomplishment so far today has been to get my hair cut, water the garden and lawn, and to book another tour for the Grand Australia. This one goes out of Broome and among other things it takes us to see some dinosaur prints. I’ve been waiting for this one to show up. 

@NextOnepraying that your friend makes a full recovery. 
@Lady HudsonHappy 54th anniversary! You got married 2 months before we did. 😁

“Old Spice” sweet peas (they smell SO good)

IMG_0817.thumb.jpeg.9e0eb04581f45d64be5dd32c37e1e874.jpeg

Looks like I’ll be adding more lime, the Hydrangeas are losing their pink color this year. 
IMG_0818.thumb.jpeg.64bc7a03a56be7c01e226a257b732fbc.jpeg

Liatris

IMG_0819.thumb.jpeg.c82e81ede7d63b5d1416777081da71a6.jpeg

IMG_0820.thumb.jpeg.45ceee2b35c446867d0632637fc6d2e7.jpeg

Carolyn, the tour sounds interesting.  When we were in Broome in 2002, the ship (Volendam) offered an airplane ride to see the area.  Since we'd rented a car, we went to the airport after the tours were finished and took the flight for about half the price paid on the ship.  We had to promise the man that we wouldn't tell anyone on the ship to get the deal. 

Your flowers are lovely.  I wish I had a green thumb.  I noticed today that my marigolds which have really grown and bloomed are getting where the heat is getting to them even though they are watered every night.  Parts are beginning to wilt and turn brown.  I guess I'm lucky they did so well for so long.  I'm going to wait and see what happens since I've never had marigolds grown so big and tall.

Lenda

• Like 22

21 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, the tour sounds interesting.  When we were in Broome in 2002, the ship (Volendam) offered an airplane ride to see the area.  Since we'd rented a car, we went to the airport after the tours were finished and took the flight for about half the price paid on the ship.  We had to promise the man that we wouldn't tell anyone on the ship to get the deal. 

I see that HAL is offering that flight tour on our cruise too.  Very smart of you to get it on your own! I don't know how much it was in 2002, but they want over $200 p/p now.  Our tour is a private tour and I've had my eye on it but had to wait for them to open it up for the cruise season.

21 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Your flowers are lovely.  I wish I had a green thumb.  I noticed today that my marigolds which have really grown and bloomed are getting where the heat is getting to them even though they are watered every night.  Parts are beginning to wilt and turn brown.  I guess I'm lucky they did so well for so long.  I'm going to wait and see what happens since I've never had marigolds grown so big and tall.

Lenda

Thank you so much, Lenda.  I bet it isn't a lack of a green thumb, but where you live?  When we lived east of San Diego on the edge of the desert I couldn't grow anything.  Even my tomatoes were all eaten by horrid tomato worms. 😞  

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I see that HAL is offering that flight tour on our cruise too.  Very smart of you to get it on your own! I don't know how much it was in 2002, but they want over $200 p/p now.  Our tour is a private tour and I've had my eye on it but had to wait for them to open it up for the cruise season.

Thank you so much, Lenda.  I bet it isn't a lack of a green thumb, but where you live?  When we lived east of San Diego on the edge of the desert I couldn't grow anything.  Even my tomatoes were all eaten by horrid tomato worms. 😞  

The only way I can get things to grow is basically by benign neglect.  Most of the time I plant them, water them and keep my fingers crossed.  Some things grow and others don't.

The price for the flight when we got it was charged in US dollars on the ship, and we paid in Australian dollars which also made a difference.  DH says $200/pp isn't too bad  for the flight now.

Lenda

• Like 13

@Seasick Sailor  now that Oliver is in good hands, I am sure he will thrive!

We took in our Penny on Christmas Eve, she had been tied to a tree in 90deg heat,  luckily a Good Samaritan brought her to a rescue where she stayed for 6 months,  we agreed to foster her,  of course we adopted her within days.😄

She was way underweight but with time and care, she is now thriving!!  

Rescues are the best!!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I think this got lost….

Wet morning here inMD. And not enough sleep. Oh well. 
My bone density report was short, I guess stable but still below norm. 
Busy yesterday looking at gifting a honeymoon cruise for DGD, December 16 wedding in TX. Also looked at October New England/Canada cruises for us but no decisions. 

Slow progress in other parts of life. Counting down to eye surgery August 1, staying away from people. So far so good. Will skip my next couple of group gatherings, tonight and Monday. Staying in, plenty to do going through some boxes to see if I can reduce belongings a little more. 

Blessings to all struggling near and far. Especially Chuck, tough days!  Cheers to all celebrating!  Great that Ivan is happy again!  
Maureen. 

@NextOne Blessings for Denny and Bonnie!  

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, everyone!

The drain guys finally came tonight at 5 pm.  They did a thorough job of clearing the plug and testing things out to make sure they weren't missing anything.  They also tested the pressure valve and they think our problem is the cap on the air valve and it isn't getting enough air to push the water through.  Pipes are so complicated.  Anyways, when we get back from our trip we will get a new cap for the air shaft.  They also sent a camera down the main sewer line and said we are very fortunate.  For the age of the house our lines are in very good shape.  There are some small roots down at the end of the line near the main sewer, but nothing that will cause a backup in the near future. Water was running freely though the pipes.  So, I will sleep better knowing what we have down there! 

It was almost 7 when they left so we took off for the Bully and a hamburger.  DB Jeff met us there and we had a nice visit.  Tomorrow we are going out as well.  We aren't buying groceries this close to a month long trip.  Tomorrow is Coney and Cone.  And Friday we fly!

• Like 20

Thank you to everyone for your prayers for my friends. Bonnie texted me that Denny knows who she is, ate pudding (!!)  & a graham cracker, & had some sips of water. All good news. The not-so-great news is that he has semi-paralysis in his left arm & leg, and the left side of his face is drooping. A brain scan is scheduled for midnight to check on the brain bleed. 

She was unhappy because the hospital sent her home at 8pm and she can't come back until 10am tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll finally get some sleep!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 13

@dfish So glad to hear there was no blockage.  This happened to my daughter in 2020, and the drain was completely blocked with tree roots.  Thank goodness her insurance broker had them put on extra coverage that covered this.  $15,000.  The good part of this......it was during the beginning of the pandemic when everyone was locked down, and they had to move in with us.  And I got to hold her 2 little boys!

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

The drain guys finally came tonight at 5 pm.  They did a thorough job of clearing the plug and testing things out to make sure they weren't missing anything.  They also tested the pressure valve and they think our problem is the cap on the air valve and it isn't getting enough air to push the water through.  Pipes are so complicated.  Anyways, when we get back from our trip we will get a new cap for the air shaft.  They also sent a camera down the main sewer line and said we are very fortunate.  For the age of the house our lines are in very good shape.  There are some small roots down at the end of the line near the main sewer, but nothing that will cause a backup in the near future. Water was running freely though the pipes.  So, I will sleep better knowing what we have down there! 

It was almost 7 when they left so we took off for the Bully and a hamburger.  DB Jeff met us there and we had a nice visit.  Tomorrow we are going out as well.  We aren't buying groceries this close to a month long trip.  Tomorrow is Coney and Cone.  And Friday we fly!

That is good news.  You and Sue can relax and enjoy your cruise.  The new cap should be a simple fix.

3 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Thank you to everyone for your prayers for my friends. Bonnie texted me that Denny knows who she is, ate pudding (!!)  & a graham cracker, & had some sips of water. All good news. The not-so-great news is that he has semi-paralysis in his left arm & leg, and the left side of his face is drooping. A brain scan is scheduled for midnight to check on the brain bleed. 

She was unhappy because the hospital sent her home at 8pm and she can't come back until 10am tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll finally get some sleep!

I hope the paralysis and drooping face are temporary, and it is good news Denny knows Bonnie and is eating.  I suspect they sent Bonnie home to get some rest, and I hope she can.  She needs to stay healthy to help Denny with his recovery.  

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I suspect they sent Bonnie home to get some rest, and I hope she can.  She needs to stay healthy to help Denny with his recovery.  

Lenda

That's what I keep telling her!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Tbay said:

@dfish So glad to hear there was no blockage.  This happened to my daughter in 2020, and the drain was completely blocked with tree roots.  Thank goodness her insurance broker had them put on extra coverage that covered this.  $15,000.  The good part of this......it was during the beginning of the pandemic when everyone was locked down, and they had to move in with us.  And I got to hold her 2 little boys!

The is a silver lining to each cloud and holding the two little boys was certainly a silver cloud.  I am happy to know what we're sitting on as far as that goes.  I had tree root issues in my old house.  I just had my good friend Charlie's Drain come out every year and clean them out.  

@NextOne  That is good news about Denny,  Sometimes they send the family home so the patient can get some rest.  Some patients subconsciously stay awake to keep their visitors company.

• Like 10

Congratulations to @Lady Hudson and her DH on their Anniversary!

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oliver0718231536.thumb.jpg.a1455475ec831d2f4a74c7bdba030c94.jpg

Joy!  Oliver is absolutely adorable. And that white hair, so cute. Blue has the same Lambchop.  BTW, he’s 9 pounds. 

3DA2495C-586D-45EF-A676-52C64488CEDE.thumb.jpeg.a5b0f38e6756fe3826708bace5d338d6.jpeg

9 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thank you!

Edi, prayers for your friends Danny and Bonnie. Hoping Danny makes a full recovery. 

• Like 9