Best Cruise company in your opinion?

crusingrightnow

Which ever one is going to where and when I want to go.

But seriously  how you define best is likely different from me or anyone else. And some of my best cruising experiences have had very little to do with the cruiseline I sailed with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mom says said:

But seriously  how you define best is likely different from me or anyone else. And some of my best cruising experiences have had very little to do with the cruiseline I sailed with.

Yes, I was going to write whichever one DW and I are on and is going to the interesting itinerary we picked. You basically said the same thing.

There is another thread to list the cruise lines you have been on (actually, the question is how many different cruise lines).  Similar would be how many different cruise ships or how many countries visited. 

My favorites are a tie between Princess, Celebrity and RCI.  It depends on the itinerary and ship I think more than the cruise line.   Even on the same ship, the experience can vary from one year to the next.  For example there was a time when we felt Princess' experience had declined.  Now they seem to have bounced back.  

On 9/29/2023 at 12:24 PM, mom says said:

On 9/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, Shmoo here said:

Define "best".  

Perhaps share your favorite cruise line.  

11 hours ago, ldubs said:

Perhaps share your favorite cruise line.  

Well, that's (sort of) an easier option.  But, while we've done Disney the most, I don't know that it's particularly our "favorite".  We book cruises, regardless of cruise line, based on itinerary first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, that's (sort of) an easier option.  But, while we've done Disney the most, I don't know that it's particularly our "favorite".  We book cruises, regardless of cruise line, based on itinerary first.

For a lot, if not most folks, I think itinerary is a major component for just about any comparison of "best", "favorite" or "most desirable".   

• Like 1

This is so subjective.  Plus, how do you compare say, Regent, to NCL or Princess.  For us, we choose cruises by itinerary first and price second--actual cruise line is a distant third.  We've cruised on many lines and have never not enjoyed a cruise, although of course some are better than others.

All that said, our favorites are Princess, NCL and (used to be) Celebrity.  With Celebrities new downgraded menus, we will see, buat not sailing on them until May.  We haven't cruised the luxury lines, which I am sure are spectacular.

42 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The one making the most profit would be 'best cruise company in my opinion'. 

Obviously — if one is thinking of the best cruise line in which to invest one’s retirement savings.  

Of course, that would make it unlikely for it to be the best one to cruise with.

Edited by navybankerteacher

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Obviously — if one is thinking of the best cruise line in which to invest one’s retirement savings.  

Of course, that would make it unlikely for it to be the best one to cruise with.

As in Invest with and not sail with 😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Does price enter in the evaluation? 

The OP is asking for individual opinions, so I would say whatever is important to you.   To me, being worth the money spent would be a factor.