Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Dinner Time.   

I always set destination time before take off and beginning living new time. 

9:00 pm dinner time. We preordered

IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.0b2b8bb01586af1435a1f77f6980f63f.jpeg

IMG_2913.thumb.jpeg.10bb67c318b7e6aba1bee976a4e00258.jpeg

I ordered the beef brisket.   Now if United can serve a hot meal that is tasty and hot both in the center as well as the plate.  Why can’t Luminae.    It was tasty.  

I don’t drink but here is the wine list and of course no up charge. 

IMG_2911.thumb.jpeg.4ef2d86df35d0dcd5ee6e285945a038c.jpeg

IMG_2912.thumb.jpeg.f7fdf7dfe7b022750dbbb83a84ee5d93.jpeg

Noticed they had Whispering Angel that many have been speaking of. 

Also Duckhorse on the cart but not on menu’s 

I think is Duck Horn a very nice wine from California.Much Much better than you get from Celebrity De Coy.

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Agree,  we have done 12 cruises since the restart and experienced ships at less than 5% capacity, staffing shortages, supply chain issues and changing policies.  But we have enjoyed each of the 12 and have 6 more booked.

We have friends who sail HAL, others who sail NCL and  Princess and others who are Viking and Azamara fans.  MSC friends love the YC but never leave the YC in there words “it’s a mob scene outside of the YC”.  All have shared experiences of changing policies, cutbacks, staff shortages and escalating prices.  We are looking at other lines but we have tried smaller “luxury “;ships and the mega ships and neither were what we enjoyed.  We leave in 29 days for what we expect will be another great cruise on a beautiful ship, with an amazing crew and we will have a great time.  

That's exactly right @jelayne...variety is the spice of life.  To each their own...and that may mean all X for some and never X for others...and occasional X for us.  I've never had a bad cruise on Celebrity--hiccups for sure, but never enough to impact our overall enjoyment of the cruise.  However Retreat prices have reached the stratosphere. I'll still cruise X when the price is right for me, but only then.  I've been on Silversea already and have my first Regent cruise booked for 2024.  I'll also check out Oceania, which has its own issues right now, but is a line about which I continue to hear mostly positive things.  No right or wrong answers here.

• Like 2

Sincere thanks for so much more than a review…

As always your pictures and information are more than one can get from any ‘professional’ reviews. However, what makes your reviews stand out is you let us, the readers, join you and Iain on a bit of your life journey. 

Sincere best wishes to you both for a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 1:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I use to love my Camera but as you suggested traveling with it became cumbersome.   Noticed many nice cameras still in use but when I look at the size of the lenses, I cringe.    I have to say I am really impressed with the new iPhone and the 5X zoom.    It allows me to take pictures I previously would only been able to take with a Stand Alone camera.

I came from the camera business and obviously it has been gutted by phone cameras   The new iPhone results are superb for the everyday vacationer and better than most older cameras still in use. New cameras are expensive (generally over $1K) and somewhat bulky to carry - even the Fuji 100V which is fixed lens.  Low light is what gets the phone cameras to look funky. I find that I have to bring a phone batter recharging pack with me since using an iPhone for photos, map directions and texts causes it to run down quickly 

I usually make a Shutterfly album of our cruise and find that even the largest prints (double bleed) look very good.  I don't make wall sized prints (ran out of walls) but you can actually get some better, bigger prints with a phone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

In Ontario it's not that easy, alcohol isn't widely available to purchase even in grocery stores that do carry alcohol its limited (I'm from London UK so was horrified when I moved here prices and difficulty in purchasing)

My wife and I can relate. We grew up in Wisconsin, you know the state that for every church there are five/ten bars. So when we moved to Maryland, just outside DC we couldn't believe how hard it was to find a local bar. It seemed that it was all night clubs that charged an entrance fee, and clubs were/are not our thing. We did eventually find a place that turned out to be a biker bar, FWIW very nice customers and extremely polite.

Thanks JIM!!! Looking forward to your next adventures.

• Like 2

Thank you for a wonderful review! 

It´s been a pleasure to follow your adventure down under❤️

I must admit, I was swearing a bit when you arrived in Milford Sound/Fjordland.... Really wanted to be there❤️

We really ❤️ NZ

Wishing you a Christmas that's merry and bright🎅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don’t drink but here is the wine list and of course no up charge. 

Noticed they had Whispering Angel that many have been speaking of. 

Also Duckhorse on the cart but not on menu’s 

I really like the Pike Road Pinot Noir.  The Willamette Valley is one of my favorite wine regions. 

• Like 2