Sunday November 26th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

In the ER.  Diagnosis is fluid around the chest.  Will be here probably a couple days.

Memorial in Hollywood.

Roy

Roy, I'm very sorry to hear you had to be hospitalized but I'm so glad you got yourself checked out today.  I hope you're feeling better soon!  We'll be praying for you! 🙏

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Roy, I'm so sorry you are in the hospital.  Get better soon!

Terry, I'm sorry Tana is still struggling.  I said a prayer for her at church this morning. I think of her often.  

Santa arrived in Victoria last night.  We don't go to the parade, but I enjoy watching it on TV.  A number of the marching groups had incorporated umbrellas into their routines - probably remembering that the last two years the parade has been almost rained out!

IMG_4445.thumb.jpeg.6cdd6c5b9fbc01e9774da9e75ea445af.jpeg

IMG_4450.thumb.jpeg.1bada30465959784841706c9ba2d17bd.jpeg

IMG_4470.thumb.jpeg.996e7e42b73f28ba0e92d191b89dd325.jpeg

IMG_4473.thumb.jpeg.ae075bf8383f104bda1c9f498ea33679.jpeg

IMG_4486.thumb.jpeg.89bcc9a4d9a55ae451e14a7386fa66cb.jpeg

IMG_4495.thumb.jpeg.1fa5f8f683dfb4154ae7453aed9735b9.jpeg

IMG_4507.thumb.jpeg.fba6ff7e553fa4c95895f68154127f70.jpeg

IMG_4518.thumb.jpeg.cf4c3b4059ce631ba4ed185a7fa977a3.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

DD let me know today that her future son in law (her DD Ashley's wedding is Sept. 14) had a death in his family.  His Grandma who was approximately 98 or 99 passed away today.  Her husband is 101 and turning 102 on April 1, still here with us, and they were married 75 years!  Grandma and Grandpa had 13 children one of whom is Chris's Mom.  Chris's Dad is one of 8 children.  It's quite the family!  

Of course Grandpa isn't taking it very well.  He says a part of his heart is gone.  What a love story.  Both of them were recently put in hospice care so I'm not sure Grandpa will be here much longer either.  

Vanessa @JazzyV no need to include on the prayer list since they are not a part of the Daily family.  Just wanted to mention them since they are such special people.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DD let me know today that her future son in law (her DD Ashley's wedding is Sept. 14) had a death in his family.  His Grandma who was approximately 98 or 99 passed away today.  Her husband is 101 and turning 102 on April 1, still here with us, and they were married 75 years!  Grandma and Grandpa had 13 children one of whom is Chris's Mom.  Chris's Dad is one of 8 children.  It's quite the family!  

Of course Grandpa isn't taking it very well.  He says a part of his heart is gone.  What a love story.  Both of them were recently put in hospice care so I'm not sure Grandpa will be here much longer either.  

Vanessa @JazzyV no need to include on the prayer list since they are not a part of the Daily family.  Just wanted to mention them since they are such special people.  

So sad to hear Sandi.

Sending our condolences to that lovely family.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, thank you for letting us know.  Our condolences to the family.  A 75 year love story is always nice to see.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So sad to hear Sandi.

Sending our condolences to that lovely family.

Thank you Graham.  Indeed it must be quite a lovely family.  I can't imagine how many aunts and uncles we will be introduced to at the wedding reception, not to mention cousins!

Ann @Vict0riann what a fantastic Christmas parade!  The only one I've ever been to before was when we lived in Williamsburg. Virginia. It was on a Saturday in December and had floats and bands, etc. but it was held in the daytime.  That was in addition to attending the Grand Illumination each year.  They light all the candles in the windows of the buildings and have fireworks.  It used to be held the first Sunday night in December, but it was extremely crowded on Duke of Gloucester street.  I see now they hold the fireworks and other activities on three consecutive Saturday nights in December.  That might work a little better.  I've never been so crushed by people than I was at Grand Illumination!

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, thank you for letting us know.  Our condolences to the family.  A 75 year love story is always nice to see.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda.  I agree!

• Like 13

Good evening from a cloudy, snowy day in WI.  

It flurried all day, but only about an inch on the ground. The forecast is for 40's in a few days, so it will be gone fast.  @rafinmdso sorry to hear you're in the hospital, prayers for quick healing.

@StLouisCruiserssorry to hear about Grandma, it's rough when they've been together for so long...prayers for Grandpa  and family.  

@grapau27glad to hear you had a nice cruise!  

@Vict0riannthe parade pics look fun, ours is in a few weeks, hope to take the grands!

Im sitting at home with covid, basically a bad sore throat and some coughing.  I called triage people, they recommended i be seen, so I was, got Paxlovid, and have been sitting on the couch!  So far, DH is ok, praying it stays that way.  Tomorrow I can go out with a mask, but I'm going to miss lunch with my quilting friends on Friday...😞  We had our vaccine boosters 2 weeks ago, maybe that kept mine mild and is helping DH.  

Good thoughts and prayers for all that need them, and cheers for the rest!

Have a good evening, Karen

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Prayers for Roy for a quick recovery and for all in need.  I love the holidays but I am glad this hectic one is over.

I have had a few migraines over the past few months.  The worst was Saturday when I ended spending the night in the hospital.  The good news is no brain bleed or stroke.  Family was able to stay with DH so all was good,  Now I have to follow up with primary care.  It’s always something!  Katherine 

• Like 18

36 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Prayers for Roy for a quick recovery and for all in need.  I love the holidays but I am glad this hectic one is over.

I have had a few migraines over the past few months.  The worst was Saturday when I ended spending the night in the hospital.  The good news is no brain bleed or stroke.  Family was able to stay with DH so all was good,  Now I have to follow up with primary care.  It’s always something!  Katherine 

Don't ever be afraid to go to the ER with a severe headache.  Brain tumor, stroke and meningitis are the things that could be mixed by waiting. So happy to know it was a migraine.  

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think a holiday weekend is a very bad time for a hospital admission.  Transferred to another hospital and things moving very slowly.  No food since 8:00.

Roy

Oh, Roy.  I'm so sorry to hear this. Not good for anyone, especially a diabetic.  Prayers that things improve quickly.

• Like 12

Roy @rafinmd, perhaps a asking for something to eat a few times will get some attention.  At least some pudding or jello.  Don't they always have that somewhere nearby in a refrigerator for emergencies?  I'm so sorry to hear they've been moving you around.  Not the best day you've ever had, that's for sure!

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think a holiday weekend is a very bad time for a hospital admission.  Transferred to another hospital and things moving very slowly.  No food since 8:00.

Roy

I agree with the others that you need to be a squeaky wheel.  They do have stuff for situations like yours.  Hope you can get comfortable.

• Like 13

Today I did some decorating for Christmas.  I got out the small tree and placed it in the sunroom facing the golf course.  We got rid of our 9 foot tree when we moved here.  It was just too much work!  Then I got out the electric candles to put in all the front windows.  We started doing that when we moved to Williamsburg since that was the custom there.  When in Rome do as the Romans do!  I have a photo of what it looked like at the Williamsburg house. The small tree is in the triple window over the front door.  I even put a candle in the attic in the half round window.  It was a walk up attic with stairs so no problem getting up there.  Photo was taken just as it was getting dark.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Then I saw a photo of the Michigan/Ohio State flag I mentioned Saturday.  When we bought it they said which team on top?  We said Michigan!  DS was a fan of the Michigan Wolverines since he was in pre-school so he has seniority.  

Hail to the Victors!  Go Blue!

Then I brought out my great big Santa to put in the foyer.  I showed him to you three years ago during Covid when I put a face mask in his hand.  He no longer carries his face mask.  But here he is from back in Dec. 2020.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite CruiserPoor Santa! I do like the new ball candle shape.

After a miserable drive home to DB’s house on Wednesday (over 3 hours instead of 1 1/2) it was decent yesterday heading home. And we made it to the ferry dock in time to hear the end of the final Apple Cup game-end of the PAC 12 association. U of WA squeaked by Wash. State for an 11-0 season. Great season for the Huskies!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

In the ER.  Diagnosis is fluid around the chest.  Will be here probably a couple days.

Memorial in Hollywood.

Roy

Roy

I’m glad you got yourself checked. Hopefully they can get you a room and food soon. Prayers for a quick recovery so you can continue your journey home. 🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I am quite concerned about my dropping energy levels and think I'll start the day at the local urgent care.

Roy

Roy,

I have always hoped I would have a chance to thank you in person for your blogs, but my health and yours make that unlikely now.

It's too long a story to tell here, but the blog helped me get through dark times.  I was trapped in a hospital room, but you took me on a world cruise.

I thought you should know that your effort brought a little of God's light to a fellow traveler. 

I thank you, and wish you the best.

Mark.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Katherine, I'm sorry a migraine put you in the hospital.  The good news is there was no brain bleed or stroke.   I hopenyour PCP finds nothingnto worry about.

Roy

Roy, I'm sorry they trnasferred you to anothernhospital.  I hope you finally got somethiing to eat.

Lenda

• Like 10

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Today I did some decorating for Christmas.  I got out the small tree and placed it in the sunroom facing the golf course.  We got rid of our 9 foot tree when we moved here.  It was just too much work!  Then I got out the electric candles to put in all the front windows.  We started doing that when we moved to Williamsburg since that was the custom there.  When in Rome do as the Romans do!  I have a photo of what it looked like at the Williamsburg house. The small tree is in the triple window over the front door.  I even put a candle in the attic in the half round window.  It was a walk up attic with stairs so no problem getting up there.  Photo was taken just as it was getting dark.

Then I saw a photo of the Michigan/Ohio State flag I mentioned Saturday.  When we bought it they said which team on top?  We said Michigan!  DS was a fan of the Michigan Wolverines since he was in pre-school so he has seniority.  

Hail to the Victors!  Go Blue!

Then I brought out my great big Santa to put in the foyer.  I showed him to you three years ago during Covid when I put a face mask in his hand.  He no longer carries his face mask.  But here he is from back in Dec. 2020.

Lovely house Sandi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1