Sunday November 26th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is International Cake Day, National Law Day, and Small Brewery Sunday

Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties -- Helen Keller

Meal Suggestion for today - One Pan Garlic Roasted Chicken and Baby Potatoes
Drink of the Day - Bourbon Cider Cocktail
Wine of the Day - 2020 Bread & Butter Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Jakarta, Java Indonesia Tanjunk Priok

Today in History:
1778 British explorer Captain James Cook is the first European to visit Maui in the Sandwich Islands (now Hawaii)
1789 1st national Thanksgiving in America

Ship Locations

Eurodam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 08:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Cabo San Lucas, Mexico eat 11-27

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 10:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Callao (Lima), Peru

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Aruba eta 11-27

Volendam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii eta 11-28

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Fortaleza, Brazil eta 11-28

Zuiderdam

Cape Town, South Africa - 23:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Bay of Islands, Russell, New Zealand 07:00 - 13:00

Westerdam

Jakarta, Java Indonesia 08:00 - 23:00

1126World.png.417f87b7d6a1a44232a292d9d83cc637.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Dobiemom with sinus issues

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

RMLincoln’s niece with high risk pregnancy and breech baby

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Haljo1935!

Rafinmd in FLL; auto-train home on Tuesday

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Heartgrove testing negative now for Covid, but having sleep issues

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

7 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection Dec 3 to Dec 17, B@B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands)

Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec, Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Niagarawine (Rotterdam to Dec 3, Southern Caribbean Seafarer),  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cold here this morning, a very bright moon when I got up this morning.  Chance of flurries later today.  I think I'll stay in and watch football.  Maybe I should bake a cake.   My dear hubby supports local breweries. 

Inspiring quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'll pass on the drink and but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.   Cheers for all the celebrations.

@Haljo1935  Bon Voyage!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  Here where I live it is 42F with a high of only 51 expected later on.  It will be cloudy with a 70% chance of showers.  Could be worse!  Where DS lives in Michigan it is 22 with a 60% chance of snow!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Nice days to celebrate with International (and National) Cake Day. Cheers to Small Brewery Sunday.  It is also National Law Day and I read that refers to the India celebration of their Constitution.  A nice Helen Keller quote.  I would like the menu suggestion but probably not the drink or pinot noir.  James Cook must have been very happy to see beautiful Maui in 1778, and I'm glad the pilgrims and native Americans decided to join forces for our first Thanksgiving celebration in 1789.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish  Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your wonderful reports every day.

Prayers for the people here on the Daily on the Care list.  Still hoping and praying that Baby Murphy is doing quite well and her family is feeing a lot less stress.  Also prayers for Tana with her Pulmonary Fibrosis and hope Terry @smitty34877 had a good visit out of state with her other family members.  Prayers also for DB and friends Scott and Bob.  And we would never forget the people of Israel and Ukraine with their countries invaded and citizens murdered.  May all the hostages come home very soon!🙏

A salute to all celebrating happy events like birthdays and anniversaries, and their college football team winning. 🎉 LOL!  I hope all the cruisers have wonderful cruises and are pampered every day. 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your work in keeping up with the Care and Celebration lists even while in so much pain.  Special prayers for you each day!

I'm feeling better today but I do feel uncomfortable when eating and the food or drink.  Just a bit of discomfort at the stomach level.  But that soon fades.  I have a lot to do today to catch up -- all our hamper laundry which I normally do on Saturday plus the Sunday sheet and towel laundry and remaking of the bed.  It will be a good day to stay inside and get things done.

I see Georgia beat Georgia Tech AGAIN!  Also Alabama beat Auburn.  So there are a lot of happy college football fans here in our neck of the woods including Rich @richwmn !! 🏈

The port today is Jakarta, Java Indonesia (Tanjung Priok).  I have not been to Jakarta but have enjoyed Bali (Benoa) before.  We had this port twice before on July 26, 2021 and June 23, 2022. Here are the links for your convenience to retrieve any photos there.

Have a great day everyone!   Stay well and especially stay safe!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and DIxie.  I'll celebrate Cake Day and Law Day.  I like the Keller quote.  I think I was in Jakarta on Crystal Serenity in 2014 but will check some other time.

I will certainly celebrate the first Thanksgiving.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is a custom lido omelet (ham only) my final meal on MS Rotterdam.

lastmeal.jpg

I am quite concerned about my dropping energy levels and think I'll start the day at the local urgent care.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 21

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day. A couple of really long Bindi walks. And a great dinner with friends. The frozen Argentinian red shrimp from Aldi are as amazing as their frozen scallops. A little lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and a tiny bit of butter - yummo!

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I still can’t believe some of the things you keep track of! Praying that you find a solution to your pain. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks & Christmas decorating are on the agenda today. It is already 66 & I hope the rain holds off until later tonight. 

IMG_2052.jpeg.b8713faed4207c82988b6791f1bbdf0e.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg.62bbcd005115996f8d772cfe658c9749.jpeg

IMG_2032.jpeg.6e11fce29e5c8af6032cc21b46c7c198.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain and conditions. @StLouisCruisers Sandi, hope you feel better. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @smitty34877 Terry, hope you made it home safely. Glad you got away for awhile to rejuvenate your spirit. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2020 Bread & Butter Pinot Noir

This Pinot Noir has thousands of consumer fans that give it a very good - excellent review!  Easy to find and easy on the budget. Online distributor prices start at $13.99. BTW this vintner makes a great Chardonnay!

Distributor notes

NOSE:

This Pinot Noir is all about that juicy red fruit. Think cherries and raspberries with a touch of cassis. Delicate hints of cedar and bay leaf balance the sweetness of the fruit, creating an enduring bouquet.

MOUTH:

That luscious fruit bouquet continues onto the palate, where it’s joined by soft flavors of oak and savory notes. The rich mouth feel is complemented by a long and beautifully smooth finish.

PAIRINGS:

This Pinot Noir pairs lovingly with flavor-rich dishes like barbeque, salmon, quail, and lamb.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 9

Bourbon Cider Cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Maker's Mark® Bourbon
1 tsp to 1 tbsp Sugar
2 dashes Bitters
3 parts Hard Cider, Dry
Garnish with Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
In a champagne glass, stir together the sugar and the bitters until the sugar dissolves. Add Makers Mark® Bourbon. Top with cold cider. Garnish with a cherry and slice of orange.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 7.26.40 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 14

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and DIxie.  I'll celebrate Cake Day and Law Day.  I like the Keller quote.  I think I was in Jakarta on Crystal Serenity in 2014 but will check some other time.

I will certainly celebrate the first Thanksgiving.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is a custom lido omelet (ham only) my final meal on MS Rotterdam.

lastmeal.jpg

I am quite concerned about my dropping energy levels and think I'll start the day at the local urgent care.

Roy

I'm very sorry to hear your energy levels have taken a nose dive lately Roy.  I hope the medical professionals can help you regain your strength.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Waking up to a light rain. Spent most of yesterday watching football and we have no immediate plans for today. Will finish my coffee and will get ready for church so this will be a short post.

Thanks for the Report and postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c6d2f16b2a974da817c0b13165d8f640.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e2482c896592d0c8dd04bc6ab31a87b.jpegimage.jpeg.bc36e28551a27debd81de37cf170f8b8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2546c43e218ddbe825634b0ade5a7217.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7d2f78977c2a8cffe0de60054c6c95cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.177374cf915006a69ac2a1c6dc66db4c.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 20

Good morning Daily-ites. 

Day 3 on beautiful Rotterdam. Coffee was delivered at 6 on the dot. Our clocks moved forward 1 hour last night and it was still dark on the balcony. 

Sandi and Vanessa hoping your tummy issues improve. And Roy please let us know what's going on when you visit urgent care. We worry! Prayers for all friends on Vanessa's list, Sandi's list and my own.

Last night in MDR we enjoyed a filet with grilled shrimp. Afterwards we chose to walk on the upper Panorama deck and enjoy the sound of the sea.

I corresponded with friends, wrote several Christmas cards and finished the night reading my book on the balcony. 

Have a great day. Blessings!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  At 6:15 the cats called BS to me sleeping in, I was double teamed, got up and served the hour late breakfast.  Scrapple was on the menu for the servants.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, although we are planning on going out for dinner.  Today’s chores include laundry and a trip to Aldi.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.88bf333d4486ea20b651d31ef03897fb.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 9

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

and thanks to Dixie, Debbie, Ann & Vanessa.

Good collection of  days.  I am sure many will celebrate cakes & the law is important to our society.  Even though I don’t drink a lot of beer I enjoy the small breweries that offer so many differences in taste.

IMG_1636.thumb.jpeg.1280844c164b3b7e701f3f15933424e1.jpeg

That Helen Keller quote is excellent.  No wonder she was such an inspiration with that kind of attitude!  Today’s meal sounds good since I have left over chicken and baby potatoes.  

IMG_1634.jpeg.10bb0da0b25040c60ec9b008b504c885.jpeg

It’s supposed to get a whole degree above freezing this afternoon so I will see if I can get the timer set up for the Xmas lights 🤞 and a bit of final garden clean up 🤞 🤞 

IMG_1619.thumb.jpeg.a4745c56609c30b319e9d5accb0ea8c7.jpeg

The Christmas Market yesterday was huge, crowded and very expensive.  Neither my friend nor I bought a lot.  My big purchase was a hedgehog which is washable.  It’s not big but I think it will be popular.  I smuggled it in the house in my purse successfully so it will be for a stuffed animal wash day or Christmas.  As soon as my friend and I saw it we had the same thought.  LOL.  I think you can guess who it’s for 😂 

IMG_2545.thumb.jpeg.a4c2039e3c814c2d8d0f6db87d75db8f.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them. 🙏   Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1608.thumb.jpeg.30e6a475ba79bd7aff956c5cd3bef03f.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone.

• Like 26
  • Haha 12

@Haljo1935 Bon Voyage!  Have a great transatlantic cruise and a WONDERFUL time !!!!!

IMG_1214.jpeg.e93b3b5d1474109dab517798eb1e4bce.jpeg

@StLouisCruisers I am glad to hear you are a bit better and hope you are fully recovered soon 🤞 

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Oh dear, Roy. 😞  I am glad you are getting your lack of energy checked.  Hopefully it is nothing too serious and can be addressed and fixed 🤞 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning,

We had snow  overnight. The prediction was 5 to 8 inches and we got about 2 inches. DGS stayed the night and will be out in it when he gets up. He tried to slide down the driveway when it started and failed. I warned him it would not work but he is one of those that has to see for himself ( just like his father). 

The only update I have on Murphy is that she was on 25% breast milk and 75% elemental formula. They felt they were weaning her too fast on the CPAP so they slowed it down. She continues with therapy and working on her using her vocal cords. They predict at least a couple more months. Thanks for all the prayers. 

Have a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yes to cake - make mine chocolate, please!  Laws are important to society at large.  We have a number of small breweries in our city with such a variety of offerings.

It's cold and dark out there this morning at -14C (6F), but there's also a HUGE full moon hanging over us; it's absolutely beautiful.  According to the forecast for yesterday there was a 35% chance of snow - well at the stroke of noon it started snowing and blowing like a full fledged storm.  That lasted a couple of hours, and although it didn't drop a lot of snow, it caused dozens of accidents because the streets became like skating rinks with the moisture freezing all of a sudden.  Thankfully we were able to slip slide our way home without incident, but we saw a few fender benders on the way home from shopping.

I've got a couple of sewing projects that I want to work on - last week I made a snow cover for my car's windshield, and there's still enough fabric left that I can make mirror covers as well.  I don't have heated mirrors, so in the ugly cold of winter, that means having to stand outside and scrape them clear of frost.  The mirror covers should prevent a frost build up and make things easier.   I also bought some fabric yesterday so I can make hanging kitchen towels.  When going through the linen closet the other day I realized I had at least a dozen towels that I'd purchased over the past who knows how long that I intended to make into hanging towels.  Time to get that started, as they make great hostess gifts, especially at Christmas.

@Haljo1935Bon Voyage; enjoy your trans-Atlantic!

@kazuthe hedgehog is adorable - I'm sure Ivan will love it!

I'm passing on the drink of the day, would like the menu suggestion, and am pretty sure I'd like today's wine.  I've got a couple of pork chops thawing in the fridge that will be breaded and baked in the air fryer and will be served along with baked potatoes and a Greek salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the innocents in the midst of wars.  Cheers for the reunification of the hostages and their loved ones, and for all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a clear Quartzsite where the full moon is making the desert look especially beautiful.  Since it's 43 F and feels like 41F with a 4 mph breeze from the NNE, I'll admire the scenery through the window.  The humidity is 44% with a dew point of 22F.  Our high today is predicted to be 63F with mostly cloudy skies, increasing winds and 0% chance of rain.  With the cooler temperatures, I'll probably work inside today finishing the decorating and making a much needed grocery list. 

Tomorrow, we are supposed to get our new HVAC system, and they say they'll be here about 8 am.  While it is being installed or maybe a little later, I'll head to Blythe to get groceries, and restock the liquor and wine cabinet.  It is woefully empty with just a few bottles of wine and one partial bottle of gin.  We decided not to transport what we had in Texas to Arizona, since California prices are much lower.  Next spring, we may be bringing quite a few bottles back to Texas. 

International cake day got my attention, but baking a cake will have to wait a while.  Law day is also a good day to celebrate.  Someone else can take my place at a small brewery.

The Helen Keller quote is a very good quote from a very remarkable lady.

The meal sounds good, but I am out of potatoes.  We'll skip the drink, but the wine sounds like it's worth a try.

We have not been to Jakarta or any other place on Java.

Captain Cook was another explorer who helped open the world to Europeans.

The first national Thanksgiving is worth celebrating, but it is not celebrated by most Native Americans on the East Coast.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you are 100% by tomorrow.

@rafinmd  Roy, your dropping energy levels are concerning, and I hope the Urgent Care doctors can help you.  Please let us know what they say.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, your cruise sounds a lot like our Koningsdam cruises, only we'd stop in Billboard On Board for a set or two.  Thanks for letting us know about the life boat yesterday.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sure Ivan will love his hedgehog.  It's adorable.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, thanks for the update on Murphy.  It sounds like she is making slow but steady progress and that she is where she needs to be for now.  I know that's hard on her parents, but the stronger she gets, the better it will be for all when she finally goes home.

@GTVCRUISER   I think I gained a few pounds just looking at all those cakes.  That's almost too many to chose from, but I'd probably pick the chocolate ones.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad you made it home safely without any trouble yesterday.

@smitty34877  Terry, that is good news you made it home safely.  I'm glad you had a good visit with your DS and his family.  I'm glad the teenager wants to learn to cook.  I think men should know how to cook more than the basics like bacon and eggs.

369613011_276200811785662_4981580705065606859_n.thumb.jpg.cc1c62ab9bca0515f46adc6ed756c88f.jpg

369801657_256426910596324_4714025762930625559_n.jpg.7786433d4c5d32aeed3e33a52e1d3a5d.jpg

404250269_315145088131224_3787149996195684358_n.thumb.jpg.22430885706795a55cb48638c65845c4.jpg

378978651_702377698602261_8952214485406519197_n.thumb.jpg.11dc988e1ed0f8c32f90e2860a4a38c7.jpg

349626019_1359913547886406_2946203637140360603_n.jpg.a97f249319d598b3072d7f2c866fa0ed.jpg

349309204_669741474988748_7422613906004721508_n.thumb.jpg.3d3e50fb39d7bf4b294b209a10abf7da.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

Good morning. It is 33 heading for 50  later. It was 20 degrees in New Hampshire when I left yesterday morning. The snow had mostly melted. It was fun to watch the temperature climb as I traveled south. I had three different traffic jams to sit through in Connecticut. I thought of you Ann, @cat shepard as I drove through endless Connecticut! My DS thought your Massachusetts map was a hoot when I showed it to him.

It was good to get away and made me realize how tired I really was. I am a world class insomniac and that problem has become worse in the last two months. I helped with the cooking on Thanksgiving but they didn’t let me do anything else while I was there. @kazu, Jacqui, I sent my DS the dog and socks meme this morning. I am sure the grandchildren were tired of hearing about it but all of the adults were perseverating about watching the puppy. And picking up stuff he can get into. 

@rafinmd, Roy, I am glad you are getting seen today. I was concerned when you described having to rest while walking with the porter and your luggage upon debarking the ship.

@StLouisCruisersSandi, and Annie @marshhawk, the stomach issues sound serious to me. If they persist, please get checked out. I am a world class worrier too.

DD and DSIL had their work cut out for them last week as the aide had a GI problem and did not come for two days. It is challenging because Tana remains very short of breath even with the oxygen and her mobility is quite limited. The teenager told me that DSIL was the cook for the week and he used the outdoor grill a lot. He said he helped with meal prep and I told him I would need help today for the soup that has been requested. It is ribolleta which is one of his favorites. My recipe used the Instapot which he wanted to learn how to use. Yes!

We have not been to Indonesia and will pass on the cake. The recipe sounds interesting . Have a great day everyone.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

And thanks JV for posting my upcoming cruise. How do you know these things? Are you some secret agent spying on me? Well it will be great to cruise again after being absent for over a year. We have been dealing with issues that stopped all cruising and hope they are all behind us! For those watching the boats leave next Sunday in PE, I will be wearing a bright red shirt to cover my redneck on my balcony, Deck 7, on the hump.

Now as far as the upcoming cruise, yours truly went shopping over Black Friday and got some great deals on clothing to show off on the boat. First I started at the Dollar Tree store but could not find a pair a pants for a $1.25; use to be a dollar. Then I went to Macys and hit gold.

First I bought a pair of designer pants just perfect for casual nites at the bars. They were Michael Coors!
Second I got a pair of designer pants for country club nite, Tommy “Don’t Give Me The” Hellfinger high priced pants, and they weren’t. 65% off.
And thirdly, the piece duh resistance, I bought a new suit by, Ralph Lauren. This of course is for formal nite but also to wear in the Casino. When I am playing blackjack and there are all those stacks of one dollar chips in front of me, while I am sipping a Diet Coke with an unlit nasty cigarette in my month, I expect the ladies to come up to me and ask, “Who are you?”, which I will reply, The name is Bob, RedneckBob”.

The only problem I had buying all the high end clothes was that Macys would not take my Bass Pro Shop credit card so I had to get a Macys card which resulted in another 25% off.

• Like 16
  • Haha 12