Wednesday November 29th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Sorry to hear so many people are having issues and the awful weather doesn't help.  

We are back from our trip to NY/NJ - it was a quick trip to go to our newest granddaughter's baby naming.  It was fun but I find traveling exhausting now even though our planes were on time.  Our next trip will be a bit easier since we only have to drive to the port.  

@rafinmd I hope you get discharged from the hospital shortly. I know you don't like to fly but did you consider it and perhaps ship your car to MD.   A lot of people use car transport companies so if you need one post here and if you give me an email address I can send you the name of the companies we use.  

@kazu - hope all your visits went well - a favor to ask- we are going to Amsterdam this summer and wondered if you can share the name of the canal trip company you used. I can't seem to find it. I thought I had saved the link but I guess I didn't.  

Glad to hear that heating and electric got fixed.  @JazzyV I really don't know how you do a house with so many levels given your back/leg pain.  I hope that you find a solution and that the house gremlins stop!!  

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I am a certified chocoholicand I love lemon pie except with meringue instead of whipped cream on top. The spare ribs sound good if someone prepared them for me however tonight a bunch of us are taking my sister-in-law out to Carraba's for her birthday.

@rafinmd Glad you are being discharged from hospital but please take it very easy getting home.

@Cruising-along If it is not to much trouble please email me regarding the reduced salt diets on the HAL ships. My cardiiologist has told me to cut down on salt amd I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do that. My email is themanginos@cox.net.

Jane. 

Go to the Special Needs area & fill out the form --- for the most part HAL did a great job with my dietary restrictions, including low salt.

• Like 14

31 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I am a certified chocoholicand I love lemon pie except with meringue instead of whipped cream on top. The spare ribs sound good if someone prepared them for me however tonight a bunch of us are taking my sister-in-law out to Carraba's for her birthday.

@rafinmd Glad you are being discharged from hospital but please take it very easy getting home.

@Cruising-along If it is not to much trouble please email me regarding the reduced salt diets on the HAL ships. My cardiiologist has told me to cut down on salt amd I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do that. My email is themanginos@cox.net.

Jane. 

Happy birthday to your sister-in-law Jane.

I hope you all have a wonderful meal and night out.

happy-birthday-cake.gif

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane. 

It wouldn't be any trouble at all, Jane.  But as @57redbird said, all that is needed is to either fill out the form under Special Needs or you can call Ship's Services and they handle it. I really don't have any inside information about how HAL specifically has reduced sodium diets.

As for when you aren't cruising, and every-day life, Google has helped me a lot, plus just reading lots of labels.  In general stay away from packaged and frozen meals, lunch meats, bacon (boo hoo) pizza (more boo hoo), soy sauce, pickles, canned soups, sausages things like that.  You'd be surprised at how much sodium many things have.

• Like 18

20231129_174316.thumb.jpg.5e9f8aa30f974335e329596243b17e67.jpg

Morimoto lobster is so much better than the old "broiled" lobsters. The dish is on the MDR menu for $25. A trial for now. 

A nice day in Curacao. I went across the bridge to a shop I like this year but they didn't have the pieces I was looking for. I bought a dress and a shirt for DH.

Interesting,  we met a lady and her friend who brought her husband's ashes in 6 baggies. They loved Aruba and she sprinkled ashes at their favorite spots. 

On our way to the show. Have a great night.

@Himself Father I still have not found you.

Roy take care. Prayers for you getting home safely. 

Vanessa I'd be having more than a decaf coffee after what you've been through!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

favor to ask- we are going to Amsterdam this summer and wondered if you can share the name of the canal trip company you used. I can't seem to find it. I thought I had saved the link but I guess I didn't.  

Captain Dave for Amsterdam.  We were all very pleased with the tour. Nice experience.  And our captain was awesome.

I recommned  for what that’s worth.  It’s a nice historical boat (the book is there) The King and Queen have been on it and since it’s restricted to 12, it’s not one of those big crowded boats you see on the canals.  It is completely updated of course and quite beautiful.

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.365024eb65a4b738e29484913b9fd7ed.jpeg

IMG_1925.thumb.jpeg.ad0f8e3acbe7266009feb93549e8fe4c.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Discharged around 4:30, Lyft to the main hospital, and now at a hotel nearby.  Drive to Viera tomorrow and board auto train Firday.  Should be home Saturday afternoon.

I think I'm pretty sleep deprived and will be in bed fairly soon.

Roy
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Thanks @1ANGELCAT for posting the news about Henry Kissinger.  He was my hero growing up. 

@JazzyVI am so sorry that you are having health problems, and your house is now having problems.

We have decided to give each other a washer and dryer for Christmas, as they are more than 22 years old. And the dryer takes more than two hours to dry anything.  There seems to be a seal that goes around the back of the dryer, and most of it is dangling down, so I am thinking that the air is actually going out the back.  But I did go out today and clean out the vent, and it only took an hour to dry sheets....

No oxygen yet.  The dr's office called and said they were going to order it, and that they would call me once that done, and that was at 2, and that's the last call that I got.  

Long day today. 

Hope everyone gets a good nights rest!

image.thumb.png.d990aae8f70056ae468bb3ccb76d0500.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good evening after a long day.  I managed to get caught up on most of my computer work.  Then, it was time to head to Parker.  Since the rough roads that jostled DHs head and neck on the way here caused some side effects that are slow to resolve, the team at UTSW wanted a CT scan of his head just to make sure everything was okay.  They felt things would clear up but wanted to err on the side of caution.  Wnile it will be a few days before we hear from UTSW, DH got a cd of the scan.  By comparing it to copies of older, but recent scans, to us laymen, it didn't look like there was a problem.

We went to Parker early so I could pick up some things at W-M and another store.  We were still earIy for the scan, so we were on our way home soon.  When we got home, John the tree trimmer and his wife had just finished the mesquite tree.  They also finished the ironwood tree, and cleaned up the mesquite beans and small branches that dropped on the ground.  In fact, they did a better job cleaning up than I usually do.  For all they did including two trips to the landfill, it was worth every penny, and not as much as our former tree trimmer would have charged.

Since John or his boss would be the ones to repair the washer, DH talked to him about it.  It is not a difficult repair, and we considered trying the repair.  In the end, we asked them to order the parts and install them.  It takes 7 to 10 days days for the parts to come in.  We're going to try to baby the washer to get at least one more load washed.  The rest probably can wait.  It not, I'll go to the laundromat.

The next day or so I plan to get the rest of the stuff put away and find a few things I stuck in the motorhome but haven't found yet.  I also hope to get the rest of the weeds pulled and the overhanging branches from our neighbor's yard trimmed.  Hopefully, I can get the outside lights put up too.  Maybe when I finish, the yard will look as good as what John and his wife did.  They certainly are a hard working couple.

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone.

The electrical outlets are all working properly.  It was all caused by a problem with the outside outlet and that is fixed so the other two inside are fixed.  We also know why the lights under the cabinets in the dining room don't work. That is also an easy fix.  I just need to get to the hardware store.  

Sue picked up her prescription for antibiotics and we are going to settle in for an afternoon of Netflix.  Still no results from my November 10th CT scan.

@JazzyV I hope your radiator problems can be fixed as easily as our electrical ones were.  

@rafinmd I'm glad you have a diagnosis and are being discharged.   Safe travels home, but don't rush things.

@Nickelpenny I'm enjoying your travelogue of Hawaii as this is the cruise that we'll be doing in February. 

@kazu Thank you for the Roy updates!   I hope your appointment goes well today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, I am so sorry the appliance gremlin attacked your washing machine.  Between the washer, the HVAC, and the need for a new motor home, you'll be ready to sit on the corner with a tin cup.  

Debbie, I'm glad the electric outlets arre fixed ,and that Sue got prescriptions for antibiotics.

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:
Discharged around 4:30, Lyft to the main hospital, and now at a hotel nearby.  Drive to Viera tomorrow and board auto train Firday.  Should be home Saturday afternoon.

I think I'm pretty sleep deprived and will be in bed fairly soon.

Roy

Roy, I'm sorry your diagnosis was not what you expected and you are out of th3 hospital.  I hope you get some much needed sleep.  

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Went to the USS Missouri (Mighty Mo). Awesome!  Though lots of walking and up and down steep stairs. I am back onboard drinking beer and my back and legs are telling me I overdid it!!!IMG_1927.thumb.jpeg.34e54cd6b747a6525b06a953efecedc4.jpegIMG_1925.thumb.jpeg.53dbb6e3773f4505dd646fa813a3e5ab.jpegIMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.e8c2618709633d5c906ed31f944e86e6.jpegIMG_1920.thumb.jpeg.5c0216371430d7930ea22bcc1ca41b7d.jpegIMG_1919.thumb.jpeg.78ebebfca51ae4dedc711391a9edb084.jpegIMG_1917.thumb.jpeg.0a99202b2626b6a2a3bd99a1f2f2a8e0.jpegIMG_1909.thumb.jpeg.c9b1f7ddec27d7b78aa598db7a780eae.jpegIMG_1911.thumb.jpeg.595e095b4a1618eee2adffa1af862f39.jpegIMG_1911.thumb.jpeg.595e095b4a1618eee2adffa1af862f39.jpegIMG_1902.thumb.jpeg.4fe23adb63721bc65c63eae889a90f4b.jpegIMG_1897.thumb.jpeg.c7a2c6515496417bec85af31754e9a53.jpegIMG_1890.thumb.jpeg.1141ffde2dead040e2a13b899886e8b0.jpegIMG_1884.thumb.jpeg.c7b775b60961bffdebc7393b7c57530e.jpegIMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.1a3fa2717bacf37a4388b4f857e8e614.jpegIMG_1869.thumb.jpeg.1730c9e53dc3e47216179d1f18c8434c.jpegIMG_1856.thumb.jpeg.0b787377a1a7faece239e8b15f39f48c.jpegIMG_1853.thumb.jpeg.3610a0ada81bfc10cf4ea8097e4bea22.jpegIMG_1855.thumb.jpeg.768b9fe5641385c63325f89cb7461f55.jpeg

We found both the Arizona and the Missouri veryn sobering and moving.

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I am home from my appointment with the Nephrologist and feeling relieved.  She said I'm doing great!  I was worried that the 2 point drop in my kidney function was serious, but she said it's normal to see fluctuations like this, and as long as it stays in the same range not to worry.  Whew!  

She spent half the time asking me about cruising LOL -- and was thrilled to know that I've let the ship know I'm on a low salt diet. 

Now that's over, back to cruise planning!

Carolyn, that is good news about the labwork.  Now, y9u can relax and enjoynthe cruise.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

All great day; good quote; would try the meal, drink and wine; not been to the port; important day in history.

Not great pictures, but here's the Rock of Gibraltar as seen from my balcony last night as we went through the Strait of Gibraltar on way to Cadiz Spain.

20231130_083955.thumb.jpg.4f955ac956cdc452ea969c47a47adcb9.jpg20231130_084022.thumb.jpg.c1ab940612ad532360f55106439cb13f.jpg20231130_084012.thumb.jpg.c3d7ed10505ec651183ad6cd3fad863e.jpg20231130_083942.thumb.jpg.a4c77e1db12814f7a3f29ca0c0bf2426.jpg

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2