Wednesday November 29th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Square Dance Day, National Chocolates Day, and National Lemon Cream Pie Day

Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier. - Albert Schweitzer

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
Drink of the Day - Peach Whiskey Sour
Wine of the Day - Barba I Vasari Old Vines Montepulciano
Destination of the Day - Mamoudzou, Mayotte Grande-Terre Island

Today in History:
1877 US inventor Thomas Edison demonstrates his hand-cranked phonograph for the first time

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Loreto, Baja California Mexico 08:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Malaga, Spain Granada 08:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Coquimbo, La Serena, Chile eta 12-01

Rotterdam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Honolulu, Oahu Island Hawaii 08:00 - 30 Nov 22:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Santarem, Brazil Amazon eta 12-02

Zuiderdam

Walvis Bay, Namibia 10:00 - 23:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 08:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia eta 12-01

1129World.thumb.png.877c7fa94977bb8522183db27089d491.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Rafinmd in the hospital in FL, possible D/C today

Heartgrove’s DW Sue positive for Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome back Cruise Suzy!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Aliaschief not needing knee surgery!

Quilty964 taking last dose of Paxlovid, and feeling well

Heartgrove testing negative now for Covid, but having sleep issues

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection Dec 3 to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands)

arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec, Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Niagarawine (Rotterdam to Dec 3, Southern Caribbean Seafarer),  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935(Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 23
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.

Our snow squall warning has ended but now we have a "weather advisory".  More snow is expected and it's still very windy and cold.  Brrr  I guess winter is here.

I think many of us think that everyday is Chocolates Day.  I haven't square danced in years.  I'd like lemon cream pie.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'm sure I'll like the drink and wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from the Charlotte airport awaiting our connection to Boston.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Nice collection of days.  I learned how to square dance in the third grade, I remember that it was a lot of fun.  Chocolate Day is sure to please many here today.  I would definitely like a piece of lemon cream pie!  I like the quote very much.  The meal and drink suggestions sound delicious.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list, hoping that @rafinmd continues to improve.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 30

Good morning.

It is 34°F and a thin covering of snow on the ground.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

I have sold chocolate for over 35 years and chocolate day is good for me.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Good wishes to Roy @rafinmd today that he is recovered and able to leave hospital.

• Like 30

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today will be a nice day even if it’s a bit chilly.  Tomorrow night Boston will light the Christmas Tree which is a gift from our friends from Nova Scotia.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, especially if someone else does the cooking.  Any day is a good day for chocolate.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.98d4fdd70b02862e104d2adedc6a3562.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 21

Happy Hump Day!!

Peach Whiskey Sour cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam® Original
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 part Simple Syrup
Garnish: Peach Slice

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a peach slice.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 6.51.40 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  Brrr!  I have a temp of 27F this morning, but we will rise to 53 with loads of sunshine.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday, Nov. 29.

Does anyone here square dance?  Last time I did that was in middle school gym class.  I haven't had a lemon cream pie in many years.  But National Chocolates Day is my favorite celebration.  I agree with the Albert Schweitzer quote.  It was an exciting day in history when Thomas Edison showed off his new phonograph in 1877.  I'm sure the Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs will be popular and maybe even the Peach Whiskey Sour.  I haven't a clue what type of wine that is, but we can rest assured our Food and Beverage ladies will educate us on these items.  Thanks go to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their work in bringing us reports each day.  

Prayers for all on our Daily Care list especially Roy @rafinmd, Vanessa @JazzyV, Annie @marshhawk, those with Covid, Baby Murphy and Tana.  Hoping Roy is discharged today and will soon feel well enough to get on that car train for his journey home!  Prayers also for my DB, friends Scott, Susan, Bob and Sandy.  Scott went to the ER yesterday due to his worsening cough and came home exhausted but with Paxlovid and antibiotics - finally.  Also prayers for peace for Israel and Ukraine and may all the hostages return home safely soon.  While I'm at it, prayers for my own country which seems to be a chaotic mess anymore.  How depressing...  So let's start looking at the happy events in our lives, and for the happiness cruising brings to most here on CC.  May all our friends here have wonderful cruises with fair winds and smooth seas!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for working so diligently on our Care and Celebration lists.  You are a super star!

The port today is Mamoudzou (Grand-Terre Island), Mayotte.  We had this same port on Sept. 4, 2022 and I will post the link below for your convenience in obtaining your photos.  I have not been to Mayotte before so won't be posting any photos of it today.  I look forward to seeing what you have to share.

Trying to be optimistic, so I wish everyone a safe and well day!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Very cold today with highs in the 30s. We had some snow yesterday, not enough to stick around but enough to cause problems during the morning rush hour. 

Working from home today. Getting my hair done first and then have class stuff to work on and a client to see virtually. Fancy enjoys it when I work from home. She loves to cuddle while I work. 

Thinking of all on the care list. Thinking of you Roy @rafinmd. Hopefully you will be out of the hospital soon. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. Slightly jealous of all who have upcoming cruises. My next cruise is a 10-day cruise on the Norwegian Sky from Quebec to Baltimore October 9-19, 2024. Trying an aft-facing balcony for the first time on a wee little ship. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.d18756b02d1755846d5475ad44f1c505.png

Edited by Denise T
  • Like 24
  • Haha 11

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Tis a nippy 40 this morning, but the skies are clear and it looks to be a beautiful day. Yesterday was off and on sunny and just windy enough to make the low 50s temp feel cooler. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. I won’t belittle what other contributors post, but you have to hit a moving target. Things are always changing with us.  Praying that you get relief for your pain. - soon. 

@rafinmd Roy, loved reading you took a test walk! You probably know better than I do how critical getting up & moving is to recovery. Praying you are on your way home soon. 

Today I get a manicure, wash my area rugs, walk with Bindi, do my HIIT class and just a bunch of normal chores. 

IMG_2088.jpeg.4668e679d9405d2b752ef23cbfb7d2c4.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg.114ab6ac883707fcd7b9e4dc7b10d2e5.jpeg

This is dedicated to those in Upstate New York….

IMG_1933.jpeg.016dc6814ff162fc2b70f93d06d207da.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain and conditions. @smitty34877 you and Tana are often in my thoughts. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating.

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Barba I Vasari Old Vines Montepulciano

This Italian red has lots of consumer fans, is widely available and reasonably priced. Check your local Total Wine - mine is offering it on special for $9.99. Online prices start at $16.99.

Wine Enthusiast 91

Savory aromas of olive and tomato paste meld with a rich blackberry jam core. The medium-bodied palate blends sweet and savory accents on top of plush berry flavors. Glossy tannins and bright acidity provide a well-meshed frame. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning. Dog walking required the full winter ensembles: big coat,hat, gloves. I thought of you @ger_77
and felt like a winter wimp as it was 25 F at that time. It will get up to 34 later.

I have not been to the port and like the quote and menu suggestion today. I would love a slice of lemon cream pie and someone can have my chocolate.

Tana  is somewhat recovered from her latest bout of pneumonia but the toll on her breathing remains. I am fortunate to be in decent physical shape as I need to assist  her with transfers and bed mobility. She has been such a trooper throughout this  difficult time. Yesterday both dogs were “ guarding “ her. Dogs certainly know  when they are needed.

@rafinmd, Roy, I hope you are able to leave the hospital today and send you extra prayers.

@marshhawk,Annie, I sure hope you got the oxygen concentrator. I don’t know how you have managed without it. 

Have a great day today, especially all of the cruisers!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich

& thanks Debbie, Dixie, Ann & Vanessa

Nice collection of days.  Square dancing was a very long time ago 😉  I’ll be generous and let others have my chocolate 😉  I like the Schweitzer quote and what a day in history it was with Einstein’s invention.

IMG_1752.jpeg.d89e91235da4621b870c8a6b6d81daaf.jpeg

It’s a b-rrry morning out there.  What looks like snow is mostly frost. Sadly I’ll have to go out in it for a doctor’s appointment.  Ugh.  Guess I’ll try to make the best of it and accomplish other things too.

IMG_1750.jpeg.403b774fcd345135bb432a1db97615d4.jpeg

Haven’t heard from @rafinmd Roy yet this morning and hope that he is continuing to improve 🙏. I will update when I do.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1746.thumb.jpeg.dea1ff8053e02a3b8f4ea6cf11ca2132.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich

& thanks Debbie, Dixie, Ann & Vanessa

Nice collection of days.  Square dancing was a very long time ago 😉  I’ll be generous and let others have my chocolate 😉  I like the Schweitzer quote and what a day in history it was with Einstein’s invention.

IMG_1752.jpeg.d89e91235da4621b870c8a6b6d81daaf.jpeg

It’s a b-rrry morning out there.  What looks like snow is mostly frost. Sadly I’ll have to go out in it for a doctor’s appointment.  Ugh.  Guess I’ll try to make the best of it and accomplish other things too.

IMG_1750.jpeg.403b774fcd345135bb432a1db97615d4.jpeg

Haven’t heard from @rafinmd Roy yet this morning and hope that he is continuing to improve 🙏. I will update when I do.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1746.thumb.jpeg.dea1ff8053e02a3b8f4ea6cf11ca2132.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

As far as the safety tips for driving in snow, I can skip Items 1 & 2! 😀

• Like 13
  • Haha 11

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Breaking News: Update to my letter I posted yesterday to CC Management. The Misses saw the letter and let me know a surprise for Christmas; an early Christmas present. The Misses has purchased WiFi for our cruise on Celebrity starting 12/03/23. So I won’t be in rehab. Simon says, “Still crazy after all these years.” 😀

• Like 17
  • Haha 12

Good morning Daily-ites. 

A beautiful morning aboard beautiful Rotterdam in Curacao.

Had dinner in MDR. Mahi Mahi was very good. Chicken chorizo soup was🤢

Got into the elevator and 2 men were going down to medical. One taking meds of his wife who "probably" has noro virus the other requesting to have a covid test! We tried holding our breath til we could get out of there!

Today we are strolling into town, across the Queen Emma Bridge, shopping and finding a place for lunch.

Sandi I'm sorry to hear your friend is so ill. Prayers lifted to all on Vanessa's list and mine.

Roy I really hope you are out of hospital today and on the road to recovery!

Sending you blessings. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Happy birthday to your great niece Kaylee today.

kaylee-3.gif

Thank you Graham!  Very sweet of you.  She's 24, engaged to be married, and the daughter of the late Buddy (Amy's husband).❤️

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

A beautiful morning aboard beautiful Rotterdam in Curacao.

Had dinner in MDR. Mahi Mahi was very good. Chicken chorizo soup was🤢

Got into the elevator and 2 men were going down to medical. One taking meds of his wife who "probably" has noro virus the other requesting to have a covid test! We tried holding our breath til we could get out of there!

Today we are strolling into town, across the Queen Emma Bridge, shopping and finding a place for lunch.

Sandi I'm sorry to hear your friend is so ill. Prayers lifted to all on Vanessa's list and mine.

Roy I really hope you are out of hospital today and on the road to recovery!

Sending you blessings. 

Thank you Joy.  Yes Scott has had a tough row to hoe since late September.  You'd think when he caught Covid they would have given him the meds he needed then instead of waiting for him to get worse.  But Susan is optimistic and a believer in prayer.  She's also a great caregiver so he will get the best of care.

Sorry to hear you had to share an elevator with a possible Covid case.  I can only hold my breath so long and that must have felt like an awfully long elevator ride!  Blessings to you and Allen.❤️

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. It’s 33 degrees this morning in Northwest, Florida. Going to be a clear and sunny but will only climb to 59 degrees. For us Brrr! The house cleaning mother and daughter team should be arriving soon so there will be a lot of activity around here. Did some square dancing back in eight grade and we actually got to dance to live dancing on Vermont’s only TV station WCAX Burlington. We got through it without a major misstep. Have not tried since.

Still watching my weight and sort of in a stall at the loss of 20lbs. Would like to shed another five to ten before the cruise.

Mission of the day is to find two large suitcases at a thrift store so we can forward ship some goods to Fort Lauderdale for the cruise.  Bags you can trash after use. We leave to Fort Lauderdale January 3 so a 156 days of cruising is becoming more of a reality.

Roy. Happy to hear that you will soon be back on your feet. You need to get a water bottle to carry around with you so you can keep hydrated. Get one with built in filter so the taste will be better. Dehydration is a self inflicted wound.

Enough rambling. Have a great day everyone and thanks to all our Daily contributors. Bruce

image.jpeg.a8b46711399937fe2f9d014daf8110a9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5a973e298fb86f3193809d793ce25b61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b383b8108dadbb8af357e7ea960a8903.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.93d9faa60e42dcf915e10c229b3bfbc3.jpegimage.jpeg.307c684901974e8b83883b2f04701981.jpegimage.jpeg.93732e88a1716c922595eb5c97fbba46.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Haha 25

17 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Breaking News: Update to my letter I posted yesterday to CC Management. The Misses saw the letter and let me know a surprise for Christmas; an early Christmas present. The Misses has purchased WiFi for our cruise on Celebrity starting 12/03/23. So I won’t be in rehab. Simon says, “Still crazy after all these years.” 😀

…..and just like that when we all thought we were going to get a break!🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 23